forum

Vivid - Hikari

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mutantes1234
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, January 03, 2015 at 5:03:21 PM

Artist: Vivid
Title: Hikari
Source: Magi:Kingdom of magic
Tags: op,aladdin,alibaba,morgiana,sinbad,metal,vessel,djinn,equip,anime
BPM: 210
Filesize: 13115kb
Play Time: 01:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2.75 stars, 179 notes)
  2. Normal (2.06 stars, 117 notes)
Download: Vivid - Hikari
Download: Vivid - Hikari (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Vivid-Hikari.

First map,no hate pls...

Update 13th Dec. 2014:Fixed some timing problems,added some hitsounds at the begginning.Thanks to JellyberryXD for modding.
Update 16th Dec. 2014:Got rid of some awkward sliders,all notes have hitsounds now.
Update 17th Dec. 2014:Mainly got rid of needless timing bookmarks.Thanks again JellyberryXD.
Update 18th Dec. 2014:Hitsounds and distance fixes. JellyberryXD <3
Update 21st Dec. 2014:Added hard diff :D
BerryJellyXD
Hello its me again :)
So you placed it again in the list and that makes me mod it again i geuss. ;)

00:07:642 (1) - This one had me start over a few times because the slider speed is suprisingly fast.
That is not something that trows me off but the delay till the next note wich is at 00:08:357 (2) - is almost a whole second long. :?
Try to mirror the slider and placing 1 reverse arrow on it to fix this suprise miss.
(I already told you but https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Submission clearly says in the rules of ranked maps you will need 2 difficulty's a song to get ranked.
even iff its just a lousy easy you will still need it to get ranked.)
00:57:214 - This timing bookmark is actually unneeded because the 00:51:785 - timing has all the same properties (settings) as the one after that.
00:59:071 - This timing bookmark pretty much has the same story because removing it will keep the song running on the 00:51:785 - properties (settings, iff you didnt saw it already the 1st time. ;) )
01:09:142 - Gets the song out of kai mode, making 01:15:785 another useless timing point.
01:17:357 - Gets the song back to slider speed 1x, wich in terms makes 01:18:357 - kinda useless for anything.
In Song setup>general i could not help to notice that the tags on the bottom dont have any , marks in them making the only word to find the song:
magi kingdom magic op vivid hikari <in one line iff you place it like>magi, kingdom, magic, op, vivid, hikari,
Then they can find them in the words seperate also.
While i am on that topic, the songs name already is hikari so that also doesnt have to be in the tags ;)
And of course consider placing your username in the tags as well so that iff they typ your name they will find your maps.

00:38:500 - This part has light butterflies in the video, in general its not a big deal.
But in song setup>design, you might want to check the Display epileptic warning button just to be on the safe side.
While you are there anyway check the Widescreen support button as well for people with a large monitor.
You might want to keep the countdown unchecked though as it would mess up the timing of the video.
(Making it play to early.)

There are some other things but im not sure to put them down as osu is doing weird today around this topic of problems so i wont go over that in maps that i do today. (Regarding hitsounds iff you are curious.)

Again i hope this was helpfull and of course you always know how to find me :)
Topic Starter
mutantes1234
Thank you for your help...again :D

I always though that slider in the beginning was awkward,I did as you said and got rid of it.And those timing bookmarks were done while I was experimenting with slider velocity multiplier(but it couldn't work out because the song wasn't syncing with the sliders exactly which made them awkward).I'll contact you through the chat about the hitsounds(I know they kinda suck :cry: )
Cerulean Veyron
Hi, Direct Mod~

[> General <]
  1. - Remove "Anime" from tags, it's be counted on the Genre later on.
  2. - Timing Check: I think the offset should be on 1170 because the beat starts there.
  3. - You haven't adjust a preview point, suggestion > 00:49:142 -
  4. - The mp3's bitrate is too high! you need to import it to 192kbps or 128kbps.
  5. - Disable everything in the song setup's Design. You're not using any storyboard files.
  6. - Mind you have more diffs? like Easy, at least?
[> Normal <]
  1. - Since your mapping level is too low for me to mod, i'll point out major issues and some advices for you to improve it.
  2. - I recommend you should move all notes on the white ticks instead on the blue ticks. Just because you're trying to follow the vocals, you should hear more than just vocals.
  3. - I don't see you using Distance Snap a lot here, this should be likely unrankable because players needs to count on the circles and how far are they. Keep that in mind when mapping Easy/Normal diffs, you should use only one distance spacing at a time.
  4. - Reduce the volume down on the timing setup, it;s too loud for players to hear the song. At least, 70% or 50%.
  5. - Slider Velocity > 1.00, it's too fast.
  6. 00:22:928 (3,4,5) - You can see the difference between their distance spacing. Quite inconsistent, which leads to unrankability.
  7. 00:24:928 (6) - A whistle hear would sound very awkward or too noisy. You should remove for the player's sake of hearing.
  8. 00:30:928 - In this intense beat, you need to add a circle here for a click. To make the mapping sensetive with the song track.
  9. 00:38:642 (4) - You shouldn't add more repeat arrows, because it might bore players when just holding a long slider for a long time.
  10. 00:51:500 (2,3) - Jumps in Easy/Normal diff is unrankable, you should keep your spacing close when the space divisor is getting smaller than 1/4
  11. 01:05:214 (4) - This slider will be unrankable when it's borders or themselves are too high to reach the Heathbar, you should avoid that > http://puu.sh/dMwG3/8cd8c32e8c.png
  12. - You have some strange patterns that's not really great or not fitting enough to your map. Like these, for example > 00:34:642 (7,8,9) - / 00:37:785 (2,3,4) - / 01:09:214 (1,2,3) - , you should remake them into a different and better pattern.
  13. 01:26:071 (1) - It's not really good when beginners play this diff and weren't ready for spinners to appear too early. So you should move this to 01:26:642 - to give them a little preparation.
  14. - I think this needs a remap, the mods i mentioned above aren't the only one that's needed to be fixed, there are others as well, so try to focus on that while mapping. Also the Distance Snap as well since it's the most useful tool in the editor. It can lead their own mapping to rankability, so try to focus on that too.
[> Hard <]
  1. - Almost all issues are the same as the previous diff, but there are some different issues that you need to know. So i'll get that point out.
  2. 00:23:500 (3,4,5,6,7) - The symmetry is okay, but overlapped. You should split them for a clearer pattern for players.
  3. 00:24:928 (1,1,2) - An overlap like this is close to unrankable. You might consider splitting them up.
  4. 00:32:928 (5,1) - Hiding the reverse arrow is unrankable, players must notice a slider with the reverse. If it shows up unexpectedly, this leads to unrankability.
  5. 00:35:785 (5) - Too much 1/4 repeats, and noisy. You should remove this and remap this part.
  6. 00:43:357 (5,6,7) - A weird slider and an inconsistent spacing. You should make a different pattern to avoid overmapping.
  7. 01:08:071 (6,7,1,2) - This overlap is more worse than 00:24:928 (1,1,2) -, you'd better make them visible for sure.
  8. - There are more weird patterns than the ones i found from the previous diff. I guess you need to check them without me pointing out.
  9. - This also needs remapping, The setups were okay, but the quality of the map is too low for me and just giving advices to help you improve your mapping.

I guess that's it for me. Please, do ask me if you don't understand one of my mods without hesitations.
Lastly, Good luck ^3^/
Topic Starter
mutantes1234
Hey,thanks for your help,Gray!I can now guess why almost no one wanted to mod this ^^" I never realized it had so many flaws.There are some things about your suggestions which I don't understand completely yet.So,if you want,can we chat about those in-game?I'm most of the time online.
yagamiar15
it needs to improve...
yagamiar15
i'd like this bm become good to play it in ranked
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.