forum

How to improve accuracy on tablet?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iue
(Detail you should know before reading)
Tablet I started using : Wacom Intuos (I heard Wacom was popular so why not)

So to start off with, I just bought a tablet (as stated above) and I was excited myself. I used it right away and the controls were weird to me, because I was used with mouse. I looked at my cursor and every time I do a slider, It wiggles and sometimes falls out of the slider, resulting in a combo break. I tried hovering and placing the pen on the tablet. Nothing worked, I even played around with the properties of the tablet, but that didn't work either. Please help :cry:
Gumpy
You got it recently play more and maybe mess with some settings, but that's not really necassary.
Topic Starter
Iue
So what do you suggest? Hovering on dragging?
Gumpy
I suggest hovering since it's what I use, but that comes down to what you feel more comfy with.
Topic Starter
Iue
Thanks for your help :)
otoed1
Mainly playmore like the poster above said. I would say drag, but I'm biased cause I drag. Try both hovering and Dragging and see which one you like. Thats the best way. GLHF.
Oni_old_1
Dragging the pen has more control. Hovering is alright for speed but if you lift up too high... [insert combobreak.mp3 here] :cry:
gregest
bigger area is more accurate
Chinala
Im a tablet user and you need to adjust your tablet area first. Big area is more accurate and small area is more for speed. Also practice maps with no fail and hardrock since hardrock helps with aim and accuracy.
Topic Starter
Iue
Well the information I've gathered, people say dragging the pen will "wear off" the tip, is this true?
cheezstik

Dangeresk wrote:

Well the information I've gathered, people say dragging the pen will "wear off" the tip, is this true?
I only drag for spinners and hover everything else, my tip has kinda gotten to a very sharp angle from the one side that I always drag it on (my fingers are always touching the button so it's always at the same rotation), but that is from ~9 months worth of spinners. Obviously if you drag everything it will wear a lot faster, but I do drag spinners very hard and fast to try and go faster.

The circle that I spin in is also clearly visible on the tablet, it's surface is much glossier than the rest of the surface.

You can avoid these effects by dragging lightly, or protecting your tablet surface with a screen protector sort of thing, or maybe even cling wrap. I heard you can replace your pen tip with a piece of a coat hanger as well so that it won't wear off anymore, but it might scratch your tablet if you don't smooth it out enough.
Topic Starter
Iue
This might be unnecessary but, what skin do you guys use?
E m i

Dangeresk wrote:

default ;)
Green Platinum

Dangeresk wrote:

Drawing with the tablet i.e It's intended purpose will do this too. It's the reason why you can buy new tips and replace them.

Dangeresk wrote:

Shouldn't matter. if you are good because of the skin you use, you aren't good in the first place.
Chinala

Green Platinum wrote:

Shouldn't matter. if you are good because of the skin you use, you aren't good in the first place.
I actually find skins to help in performance (I like my hitsounds and hitcircles in a certain way atleast).
Green Platinum

[Yoshinon] wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I actually find skins to help in performance (I like my hitsounds and hitcircles in a certain way atleast).
I'd attribute it to the fact you've become accustomed to it. You could easily change to another skin and perform just as well in a day or so.
cheezstik

Green Platinum wrote:

[Yoshinon] wrote:

I'd attribute it to the fact you've become accustomed to it. You could easily change to another skin and perform just as well in a day or so.
As long as the skin isn't bad ofc. No numbers, combo colours, transparency, lines etc. would make me perform less cos it's less functionality, and many skins don't include those.
E m i

cheezstik wrote:

transparency
hidden is for noobs
I Give Up
Basically you want a skin that doesn't stab your eyeballs and wreck your reading coz of all the blood and pain. This is a matter of preference and varies from person to person. I play better with my skin simply because I like it. This does not mean everyone will perform better with my skin.

Keep playing with tablet, it takes a lot of practice but I hear the learning curve is worth the results.
chainpullz
Yeah, minimalistic skins are nice for low object density but for high object density things like numbers and combo colors are your friend.
SomeLoli
Accuracy is just a by product of playing more...play more and accuracy will come. Some people with good hand eye coordination will achieve accuracy faster than others, but that's it. Try hardrock as well, on some maps you get tiny ass circles which force you to get more accurate.
chainpullz

SomeLoli wrote:

Accuracy is just a by product of playing more...play more and accuracy will come. Some people with good hand eye coordination will achieve accuracy faster than others, but that's it. Try hardrock as well, on some maps you get tiny ass circles which force you to get more accurate.
You are not using the word accuracy correctly as defined by this game. Accuracy in this game has 0 direct correlation to circle size. Aim is what is associated with circle size.
SomeLoli

chainpullz wrote:

SomeLoli wrote:

You are not using the word accuracy correctly as defined by this game. Accuracy in this game has 0 direct correlation to circle size. Aim is what is associated with circle size.
Oh? I see. Can't say I've really gone out of my way to learn ''Osu lingo'' yet. :D
Deathripi

Dangeresk wrote:

Cookiezi's skin cuz Cookiezi :!: .
Joke aside, I feel like any pro skin is USUALLY good because they are very "clean" so they dont strain your eyes.

Or you can download the Touhou skin, turn on hit lightning and get epilepsy attacks. :)
Riri
Just one thing im wondering is why did you buy a tablet? not saying that you can't but you don't even have 400 pp ^~^
SomeLoli

Joystickdude wrote:

Just one thing im wondering is why did you buy a tablet? not saying that you can't but you don't even have 400 pp ^~^
Whats the PP requirement before its acceptable to buy a tablet?
Nakano Itsuki
Answer: 0pp
Eg: people who draw.