forum

[web+client] Sorting different osu!mania keys within a map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +21
Topic Starter
Fullerene-
So now that we have difficulty sorting by mode on the website and in game (http://puu.sh/doCie.png), why don't we take another step and sort each key mode separately?

Each key mode plays differently (almost like a different game), and the mapping styles differ for each one. The RC also states that each key mode has to have its own spread to be rankable, so it would make sense to differentiate between each one just like how the other game modes are now sorted separately.

Navigating maps to play a specific key mode is a bit of a pain right now. If I wanted to play the 4K Insane in this map (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/171880), I'd have to scroll through and find it in the middle of the other difficulties. With separate sorting, I could just look through the 4K difficulties of that mapset, and go to the Insane. If I wanted to play a higher or lower difficulty, it would be just one or two slots away.
A ranked example where the current sorting is problematic: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/136986

How a mapset with all 4 modes would look like:

For example purposes, the first NHI would be 4K, and the ENHI would be 7K.
Sorting from lowest -> highest key mode sounds fine to me.

I personally think this is the next step to categorizing each osu!mania key mode as its own thing. What does everyone else think?
BilliumMoto
Yes yes yes yes yes yes
Pope Gadget
What if each keymode was resembled in a way similar to super hexagon, to further differentiate them?

Also, all for it.
-Squishy
no unless ->yes
ExVeemon
Actually this may seem useful, since if there are difficulties with custom names, it could be hard to differentiate which diff has what keys. Even then, having a lot of difficulties in general can look confusing. Honestly, this seems like a good idea for that latter.
Jinjin
Maybe even change the icons for each key (i.e. 4K icon is a bit different from 7K) for better differentiation. I think this is a great idea.
Tristan97
As someone that plays pretty much every keymode,

I definitely support this.
Kamikaze
Changing icons is not necessary imo, but this would definitly be helpful, especially that as per ranking criteria all key modes are treated as diffrent gamemodes
Starry-
Tbh I think the current searching system by keymode suffices, typing in keys=4 for all 4k maps for example. Idk if you meant something else though.
Topic Starter
Fullerene-

Starry- wrote:

Tbh I think the current searching system by keymode suffices, typing in keys=4 for all 4k maps for example. Idk if you meant something else though.
It's not really about sorting only one keymode, but all keys in a specific mapset with all gamemodes. It's already sorted by mode, but not by each key. I'm also asking if this could be done on the site listing to make it easier to identify each keymode's difficulty spread.
- Marco -
Or filter by keys
Starry-

Fullerene- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

It's not really about sorting only one keymode, but all keys in a specific mapset with all gamemodes. It's already sorted by mode, but not by each key. I'm also asking if this could be done on the site listing to make it easier to identify each keymode's difficulty spread.
Ah right fair enough. I guess that shouldn't be too hard to implement then, since it's more just a request for convenience.
Support~
Jole
While adding this, it would also be very useful to have an option to filter by keycount while searching for maps on the website and in osu!direct. At the moment, when you're looking for maps that have a specific keycount, it's a bit of a guessing game since, on the website, you have to go on score listing to see the key count. And in osu!direct you can't check it if the map doesn't have the keycount in difficulty names
- Marco -
Already requested Jole, i'm on mobile and i can't search