Why am I so bad at osu! ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
winber1
why am i so good at osu!???!!?
Karuta-_old_1

Riven is eu wrote:

What happened to me is it because I played some easier maps than my level is ?
That's normal, most of us have those days when "I can't play today" kind of hunch
Purple
You've only been playing for 6 days and you're already desperate enough to make a thread on the forums. Wow
sayonara_sekai

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Riven is eu wrote:

What happened to me is it because I played some easier maps than my level is ?
That's normal, most of us have those days when "I can't play today" kind of hunch

this is about 28 days per month for me
SnowflakeStreet
play moar
AdamMZ
"Get good" 0/10 -Kratos
Dozy Van
No one is good at osu. People just suck less as they get better
Nathan
Naw osu is just impossible quit now
Upskirt

[-Cloud-] wrote:

osu helped me with my reactions and keycontrol in league, to be honest.
No it hasn't. Improvement takes time, don't lie to yourself...

Getting better at osu will only help you with osu.
Bauxe

Venzire wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Playing league would probably help his reactions and keycontrol in league though. He should consider that.
XgenSlayer

Riven is eu wrote:

The last two-three days i was doing S and A ranks on easy and A on normals but now,I can't do anything even pass the map with a 150x and 80% .. What happened to me is it because I played some easier maps than my level is ?
Your play count hasn't even reached 500 yet and you've only played for a single week now. You were better than me when I started xD
But you should give yourself some more time to improve, as the first few days are always hard. After 2-3 months, you should expect yourself to play easy Insanes (3.75-4 stars). :D

Also, there isn't a precise reason as to why you feel like your skill suddenly went downhill, but I can say that it's happened to others as well. It's happened to me at least 20 times now. x)

TL;DR: Just play more, 7 days is only enough to start playing 1.5-2 star maps.
[-Cloud-]

Bauxe wrote:

Playing league would probably help his reactions and keycontrol in league though. He should consider that.
Not really. Reaction and fingercontrol is more required in osu than in league.

Venzire wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Why should I lie to myself, when I reached my goal in league already before I even played osu? Stop speaking like you know me.
It's just something I noticed, when I started playing osu.
Sh0keR
When I first joined Osu, I thought I would never be able to play on hard maps not talking even on insane, and right now I am playing on insane maps with no problem at all using really old mouse and keyboard (at least 4 years old)
Saphirshroom

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Not really. Reaction and fingercontrol is more required in osu than in league.
And whilst playing osu you did not get better at League as much as you would've gotten if you had played League itself and just focused on improving key control and reaction time.
Naturally osu helps you. Osu also made me better at playing the drums. But if I had spent the hours upon hours of playing osu on playing drums I would be really good at it now.

Osu will help you at other parts in your life but (@OP) don't expect too much. I could be a cashier for the rest of my life but ultimately I would still suck at maths. The great advantage that osu has is that it is so much more fun than trying to focus on finger control and learning it that way.

Aviv552 wrote:

using really old mouse and keyboard (at least 4 years old)
If you see that as a hindering factor of your play you're making up excuses.
[-Cloud-]
I never said, that playing osu is good for getting better at League.
winber1
getting a life is also good for getting better at league
[-Cloud-]

winber1 wrote:

Stop shitposting and get a life then.
SomeLoli
Playing Osu helped me get better at clay pigeon shooting
Sh0keR

Saphirshroom wrote:

Aviv552 wrote:

It's completely the opposite, most people think you must have a tablet or a really good mouse to play on insane or higher,
Well I thought the same before but I kept playing for fun and yes I wouldn't call myself a good player but just saying its possible.

Also for the author of this thread, don't panic if you suddenly perform worse than you did before, just keep playing for fun and if you don't have fun playing the game it's not worth it, I just hope you are not one of those people that play Osu just to get better in other games (such as LoL), just play for fun and enjoy the process of seeing yourself slowly improving and climbing the difficulties.
winber1

[-Cloud-] wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Stop shitposting and get a life then.
b-but getting a life includes shitposting
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
get a life ingame
Gumpy
Play Count: 338

There is your reason.
chainpullz
League is decision making, osu is rhythm. Pretty sure we've had this discussion like 3-5 times now and it always comes down to this. The cursor control in both games is so different neither will help you train the other. I neglect to mention the people who do actually benefit because it's only due to their cursor control being so shitty that any cursor oriented activity will benefit them.
Nyxa
Everyone is bad at osu!.
osu! is a game of who sucks the least.
SnowflakeStreet

chainpullz wrote:

League is decision making, osu is rhythm.
Nah, league is just about having less crappy teammates that keep me in bronze 5.

jk
chainpullz

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

League is decision making, osu is rhythm.
Nah, league is just about having less crappy teammates that keep me in bronze 5.

jk
I see that as your mistake for choosing to play. :p
Vraxxel

Aviv552 wrote:

Saphirshroom wrote:

Tbf if he was like me and had a mouse that wouldn't register a good amount of movement, it could be a problem because as soon as I got a better one (like 20$ or so) I immediately was able to fc maps and before that fcing ANYTHING was pretty much impossible.

(Btw, by immediately, I mean same day I got the new mouse so it wasn't just cuz I got used to it or anything)
Advenas
I am really bad at rhythm games, but I learned the same thing with shmups : it'll take you days, weeks, months, sometimes more than a year to be able to do something decent, depending of your experience and capacity of learning. If you spend hours per day trying to improve yourself, you'll progress, and fast.

If you rage at the first walls of difficulty and asking others why you can't pass it, it's not the good mindset. Many people got incredibly good at a certain game and you never heard of them before.

You waste your time asking others why you suck, except if you really need help for a specific thing. Otherwise, spend your time more wisely. And it's a good advice not only for rhythm games.