forum

Ez mod?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blanky
So, I've been playing some easy mod and it's really fun, I also want to play it to improve my reading, but could this make high ar hard again
?
[-Cloud-]
If you play nothing besides EZ, then yes.
Vuelo Eluko
if you actually know how to -read- high ar in the first place and not react, then no it wont do anything, unless you seriously go a long long time doing nothing but ez
B1rd
it won't do anything to your high AR reading.
Mofu kun
Improving your low AR reading will not help your high AR reading.

In fact, it may make it harder to do higher ARs.

(and smaller circles because EZ has the biggest circles around)
cheezstik

MoF10 wrote:

Improving your low AR reading will not help your high AR reading.
Actually it might, it helps improve your high object density a lot, obviously it won't be as high as easy when playing no-mod but it still helps. Nothing helps reading no-mod as much as playing no-mod though.
winber1
solitaire takes more microing skills than starcraft
Shrik

winber1 wrote:

Can confirm got party hat playing that game
Rewben2
I don't think it will. I've been playing mostly ar9 for a few weeks and it's had absolutely no impact on my higher AR reading. I sometimes play EZ mod (but not much) and can immediately jump into higher AR's afterwards. I can't speak for what it's like if you play exclusively EZ for a long time but I really don't see myself struggling at ar10 if I played EZ for a long time.
Almost
It screws you up if you play it for a long period of time (like a few months without anything high) but it doesn't take too long to get used to high AR again.
chainpullz
EZ doesn't require as fast of reading so as people have pointed out, extended periods of only playing EZ are the only thing to worry about.
YukinoDesuDesu

winber1 wrote:

protoss just requires 1+a
E m i
plya mroe
byfar
no as long as you practice high ar sufficiently, you won't lose reading ability. As for me I can read ar8 and ar10 interchangeably without any real difference in speed.
SomeLoli
ez2ez
Shrik
*cough cough* millionf *cough*
Nyxa
Are you referring to millhioref

I really hope you aren't for your sake

Also, to the OP, the only thing EZ does is help you read better. Play it a lot and your reflex might deteriorate a little, but reading high ARs is like riding a bicycle.
Ekoro
can play up to ar<5 to ar>9 i guess, if i know the map correctly.

EZFL is best mod combo though
Nyxa
FL is easier to read with EZ than without in my opinion
Ekoro

Tess wrote:

FL is easier to read with EZ than without in my opinion
If you have enough visual memory you can see the next approach circles when playing EZFL

if it's EZHDFL then you're basically fucked
cheezstik
If you can play a map with FL on, since you memorize it shouldn't you be able to play it with ez on?
Ekoro

cheezstik wrote:

If you can play a map with FL on, since you memorize it shouldn't you be able to play it with ez on?
brainfucking can be very easy with EZFL
v1s10n
Stop playing Ez mod and start playing HR.

This helps tremendoulsy
E m i

v1s10n wrote:

Stop playing Ez mod and start playing HR.

This helps tremendoulsy
Ayy wot m8
xGx

esneT
Yup. Playing exclusively easy mod will hinder your ability to read higher ARs, so I tend to keep a good balance between playing AR 8/9/9.5+

Good thing you find it fun, because easy mod in general is atrocious (how the hell can you read all the circles on four dimensions + EZ?)
chainpullz

esneT wrote:

Yup. Playing exclusively easy mod will hinder your ability to read higher ARs, so I tend to keep a good balance between playing AR 8/9/9.5+

Good thing you find it fun, because easy mod in general is atrocious (how the hell can you read all the circles on four dimensions + EZ?)
You don't need to read all the circles. You just need to read what comes next.