forum

Scores and PP rewards

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ari0n
So... I was trying to get a better score on a song which i previously had FC'ed with 98.89%. I was playing with hidden and I ended up getting a FC with 96.43%.
I mean, i was hoping to get more PP but instead, what do I get? less PP. It went for a 53pp map to a 43pp. I dont get how this makes sense, if I get a better score it should at least keep my previous pp, not lower them. If I knew it was going to happen I would have just kept it like it was. I know i dropped like 2% accuracy but still, if it replaces your score it should be worthed more pp than the previous one of just don't overwrite it at all.
I've seen a lot of people with the same problem and I think there should be some changes in this system in order not to replace a score if it was worthed more pp. Or like add a feature that asked you if you wanted to replace the older score after you completed a map.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
big black
Aka
accuracy costs you much, its a rhythm game anyway
Gumpy
98% vs 96% is a massive difference
Topic Starter
Ari0n

Aka wrote:

accuracy costs you much, its a rhythm game anyway
Yeah, I know, i guess i just can't accept the fact that it replaced my score even though it gave me more pp, that's just stupid.
Topic Starter
Ari0n

Gumpyyy wrote:

I know but, i mean i had hidden mod on so it should balance things a bit, no?
B1rd
regardless or not if you think it's stupid, it's a thing; there's no use complaining about it as it won't achieve anything.
Green Platinum
:idea:

Ari0n wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

I know but, i mean i had hidden mod on so it should balance things a bit, no?
No, HD has pretty much zero effect
GhostFrog
You say that you noticed that a lot of people have this problem. Did you bother to read any of those threads before posting this one?

Hidden gives a 20% bonus to the aim component of your pp. While this is in fact a lot of pp if you can throw HD on everything (nearly 7% bonus to overall pp), in most cases it's not enough to offset the accuracy loss of going from nearly 99% to below 96.5%. Think about it, you more than tripled your non-300 scores. That's huge! It sucks that your better play gets overwritten by it, but it does make sense that this one was worth less.

Tom recently updated certain things about the way scores are held in order to prepare osu! to store your best score on a map for all mod combinations. When that gets released, problems like this will stop happening. Until then, if you care about pp, only use HD if you can play it well enough to not tank your accuracy.