community forum

What maps should i play to improve myself? (not pp)

posted
Total Posts
50
Topic Starter
Celestielle
Hello~

I dont like playing for pp and its just pissing me making me mad (playing map you can actually fc), so at some point i just started playing maps i only get ~85% at (Because its more fun), now where i can play them without NF im wondering. Whats the best way to improve raw skill?
Playing maps at Reading cap? at Aim cap?

If i should really play at Accu cap (what im not goign to do xD) what is the 2nd best way?
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
airman

freedom dive
Topic Starter
Celestielle
I refuse to play streams >:(:(
B1rd
Playing maps that you can FC (and maps that give you pp) will help you improve. Flailing around on hard maps with no-fail, because playing maps that you can FC frustrates you, is just ignoring the problem and will not help you improve.

Celestielle wrote:

I refuse to play streams >:(:(
If that's your attitude you may as well quit the game. You'll go nowhere in this game if you can't stream.

Also, tablet>mouse+KB>mouse only. Unless you have a thing for having your own unique playstyle, getting a tablet/using keyboard to tap will help you improve faster.
[-Cloud-]
Play what you suck at.

B1rd wrote:

Also, tablet>mouse+KB>mouse only. Unless you have a thing for having your own unique playstyle, getting a tablet/using keyboard to tap will help you improve faster.
cringe
ZenithPhantasm

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Play what you suck at.
Topic Starter
Celestielle

B1rd wrote:

Playing maps that you can FC (and maps that give you pp) will help you improve. Flailing around on hard maps with no-fail, because playing maps that you can FC frustrates you, is just ignoring the problem and will not help you improve.


If that's your attitude you may as well quit the game. You'll go nowhere in this game if you can't stream.

Also, tablet>mouse+KB>mouse only. Unless you have a thing for having your own unique playstyle, getting a tablet/using keyboard to tap will help you improve faster.
Im playign for fun not for pp, fcn something isnt a challenge its just doing something youre already good at until its perfect thats nothing fun for me.
If you liek to play a song until it gets borign fine do that.
I already improved playing this way.
And theres nothing wrong with my altitude i just cant play longstreams and there are enough maps without them so yes, i can get somewhere.
[-Cloud-]
If you can do it already, you can FC it whenever you want. Improving leads to FC'ing stuff, you don't need to retry over and over again.
And no, you need to learn streaming if you want to play the real funmaps. Also, you gonna stuck hard, if you don't learn it.
It's kinda boring, when you only can play a certain amount of maps because you dodge streams. Atleast it's getting boring after a while.
B1rd

[-Cloud-] wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Also, tablet>mouse+KB>mouse only. Unless you have a thing for having your own unique playstyle, getting a tablet/using keyboard to tap will help you improve faster.
cringe
cut out the 'cringe' bullshit and come up with a counter-argument if you think I'm wrong.

Celestielle wrote:

Im playign for fun not for pp, fcn something isnt a challenge its just doing something youre already good at until its perfect thats nothing fun for me.
If you liek to play a song until it gets borign fine do that.
I already improved playing this way.
Playing for fun will not help you improve. You asked what to play to improve didn't you?

I didn't say that you should play stuff that is really easy for you to FC, or to retry 50 times to get a FC worth a heap of PP, all I'm saying is that you should play a lot of stuff that is of a difficulty that you are reasonably capable, or that is too hard to a degree, for you to full combo. Playing stuff that you can full combo will help you become consistent, and playing harder stuff will expand your limits. But for the most part, don't play stuff that you need no-fail to pass because it won't teach you how to play the game very well.

Playing stuff that will give you pp will actually help you improve, because it's always stuff that is at the edge of what you can FC.

Celestielle wrote:

And theres nothing wrong with my altitude i just cant play longstreams and there are enough maps without them so yes, i can get somewhere.
There is something wrong with that attitude. (assuming you want to be good of course) Streams are a major part of the game and you'll never become a great player if you don't learn how to do them.
Vuelo Eluko
play to your strengths, most importantly have fun
[-Cloud-]
Since I've read mouse-tablet discussions over and over again, I will always write cringe from now on.

Deal with it.
Gumpy
As a rule of thumb play more and you will get good someday.
B1rd

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Since I've read mouse-tablet discussions over and over again, I will always write cringe from now on.

Deal with it.
You can cringe if you want to, but vocalising it is pretty pointless.
winber1
you cannot improve on something that does not exist
[-Cloud-]

B1rd wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Since I've read mouse-tablet discussions over and over again, I will always write cringe from now on.

Deal with it.
You can cringe if you want to, but vocalising it is pretty pointless.
Like arguing about, what's better for playing osu. People are still vocalising it.
Topic Starter
Celestielle

B1rd wrote:

cut out the 'cringe' bullshit and come up with a counter-argument if you think I'm wrong.
cringe


B1rd wrote:

Playing for fun will not help you improve. You asked what to play to improve didn't you?
TIL having fun to be motivated isnt helpful at improving myself. <- Sarcasm


B1rd wrote:

I didn't say that you should play stuff that is really easy for you to FC, or to retry 50 times to get a FC worth a heap of PP, all I'm saying is that you should play a lot of stuff that is of a difficulty that you are reasonably capable, or that is too hard to a degree, for you to full combo. Playing stuff that you can full combo will help you become consistent, and playing harder stuff will expand your limits. But for the most part, don't play stuff that you need no-fail to pass because it won't teach you how to play the game very well.

Playing stuff that will give you pp will actually help you improve, because it's always stuff that is at the edge of what you can FC.
What your saying is, that i should play what i have a good accu in. Im happy with my accu in maps i get pp for (have go accu in hoho) if thats the case, im asking for another way. If you say now its follish then your just foolish yourself if what i do isnt decreasing what i play its not harmign me at all.
I'll happily sacrifice skill for fun.



B1rd wrote:

There is something wrong with that attitude. (assuming you want to be good of course) Streams are a major part of the game and you'll never become a great player if you don't learn how to do them.
As i said, short streams arnt a problem.

winber1 wrote:

you cannot improve on something that does not exist
0+1=1 :roll::|:)
Vuelo Eluko
0 does exist, it's not an undefined value
also you should learn long streams because you learn very valuable skills like learning how to correct your finger movements during a stream and stamina
sayonara_sekai
i love when people ask for advice and when you give them some they get confrontational.

I think you need about 200 more plays on big black for some good improvement
Topic Starter
Celestielle

phonics wrote:

i love when people ask for advice and when you give them some they get confrontational.

I think you need about 200 more plays on big black for some good improvement
I love when ppl answer the usual /*^*/ and not what i asked for
I already said that if thats the best way im askign for a second way
Ofc ill confront you if you waste my tiem by tellign me sth i already know :roll:
Green Platinum
Accuracy comes from focussing on accuracy, if you have difficulty getting a FC you are not focussing on accuracy, you are then focussing on combo.
If you really want to avoid pp gain while focussing on accuracy you might as well play unranked maps or offline. Another option is changing maps to od9 or od10, whatever you are comfortable with.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply