forum

New Shooter Gamemode?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Magimoji
This game mode consists of a character moving at the bottom of the screen, destroying waves of enemies as they appear to the beat of a song. You would move the character with your mouse, and shoot with the keys you set up (default for 4k shooter would be Z, X, C, V). Enemies will be colored. Hitting an enemy with any color, but the matching one will give you points, not deduct your score, and percent. However, hitting an enemy with the matching color will give you a small bonus in points, that way, it could become very competitive for online play. Missing a shot will not lower your percent, but letting an enemy drop too close to you before killing it, or letting it get past you completely will reduce your total percent. Their approach rate in which the enemy drops down towards the shooter will depend on the difficulty of the song.

mock-up design: http://i.imgur.com/64MiStR.jpg
-you can shoot an enemy with any color
-shooting an enemy with the same color will give you bonus points
-shooting an enemy with a non matching color will not deduct your % score
-similar movement to catch the beat
-similar note structure as osu!mania (1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k, 7k)
Sea_Food
-Why would you give full precentage to a misplay, as in hitting an enemy with wrong color? People would get 100% just by smashing number buttons and hitting every enemy with something. Also you happened to copy the most retarded thing about osu!mania which is the possibility of getting 100% accuracy wtihout getting the highest possible score.
-This seems like it would feel very boring as in it would be just a space shooters exept the enemies cant fight back in anyway exept moving forward. Would not feel like a rythm game at all because you dont have to click buttons acording to the beat, the enemies just appear acording to it which means nothing.
-1k lol
-If you have a bad suggestion to make a rythmic space shooter work post it in the touhosu forum t/19307 . They seem to appreciate them very much. Also its good to keep all of those worthless post in one thread instead of making new ones.
FatherJihad
I think it's a good idea.

It would need to be worked on quite a bit to achieve a working state
FrzR
>1k >looool

Other than that, no thanks. =w=)
Encore
This seems like it would work as a potential game mode, but you should
get rid of the 1k-3k because thats a little weird. you need a lot more work
for this to be an actual gamemode, but the idea is good.
Oinari-sama
As a stand alone game mode, the main problem I see is the timing of hitsound. Since the player can shoot at the enemy at any time, the hitsound (either produced at time of shooting or at time of enemy destroyed) will not match well with the rhythm.

While the idea sounds cool, I think this is more suited as a SB/Skinning idea for mania. Speaking of shooters, have you checked out Touhosu?
Topic Starter
Magimoji

Oinari-sama wrote:

As a stand alone game mode, the main problem I see is the timing of hitsound. Since the player can shoot at the enemy at any time, the hitsound (either produced at time of shooting or at time of enemy destroyed) will not match well with the rhythm.

While the idea sounds cool, I think this is more suited as a SB/Skinning idea for mania. Speaking of shooters, have you checked out Touhosu?
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, maybe there could be an approach circle in the form of a charge up so you know when to shoot. And no, I haven't heard about Touhosu! until today when Sea_Food mentioned it.

FatherJihad wrote:

I think it's a good idea.

It would need to be worked on quite a bit to achieve a working state
Thanks Bro, I appreciate that mate.
TehVentus
Pretty nice idea, liek said earlier. If it can match the rhythm when shooting, then that would be great. Full support.
Cayman
go play COD
Topic Starter
Magimoji

CaymanMorgan wrote:

go play COD
B-but Morgan-san, COD is literally the worst game ever.
Nyxa
So basically Touhosu
Granger

Tess wrote:

So basically Touhosu
This: Shoot enemies.
Touhosu: Avoid shots.

So nope, not basically Touhosu.
Same problem as Touhosu though, you can make shots/enemies appear according to music/beats but you cant really make the player play the music.
- Marco -

Granger wrote:

Tess wrote:

So basically Touhosu

Same problem as Touhosu though, you can make shots/enemies appear according to music/beats but you cant really make the player play the music.
Soo...something like space invaders extreme ?
Nyxa

Granger wrote:

Tess wrote:

So basically Touhosu

You shoot enemies in touhou though

Why not both, have the enemies appear and shoot shit at you while you need to shoot them to the rhythm
Axel
You shoot enemies in touhou though
Call of Touhosu
Verniy_Chan
still confused.. (ㆆ_ㆆ)
HappyRocket88
:o
drum drum
please be more constructive with your posts or don't post at all
-Sh1n1-

drum drum wrote:

But it was a good idea, a shooter gamemode with music*-*/ That's sounds good to me
-Maus-
Go play COD or Beat Hazard, I don't see it here at all.
drum drum

-Sh1n1- wrote:

drum drum wrote:

But it was a good idea, a shooter gamemode with music*-*/ That's sounds good to me
I was referring to HappyRocket88's post
[ iL ]
Maybe... The key system looks interesting. Probably not, though.