forum

[resolved] score recorded, then disappears on unranked maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Squishy
Problem Details:

When I play a bunch of unranked maps, all of them are there on the local ranking but the next time i start osu, most are gone.
This keeps happening quite frequently.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
This happened 3 times on the same song.
I would pass, I'm able to see replay, closed osu, opened back up, gone.

I know scores don't show from multiplayer if it's unranked (unless its supposed to)
but it keeps happening in solo play.
Also, there wasn't any update on the song before/after the play.
osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
KinkiN
if it's unranked (pending) , it would reset your local scores once the map is updated. cmiiw

also tested this myself, and my local scores on unranked map isn't gone. so this is not an universal bug
Topic Starter
-Squishy

Yuzuru wrote:

if it's unranked (pending) , it would reset your local scores once the map is updated. cmiiw
As stated above, there wasn't any update. I simply closed osu to go eat then opened it back up and it was gone.
Topic Starter
-Squishy
This happens after playing quite a few maps (30+ or so)
I can instantly tell because I just pick the next song in order of difficulty, so when there is nothing there or gaps between recorded songs, the next time I check, I know that it has once again disappeared.
KinkiN
local scores are stored in scores.db , and replays are stored on osu!\data\r (hidden folder)

you should check your data\r and seek the replays. search for a matching date and time as you play that beatmap. this will confirm whether file is missing because of something else, or scores.db is corrupted

is it happening to ranked maps too?
Topic Starter
-Squishy
Ah, I just realized it did happen with a ranked song as well, it wasn't a high score or anything, but it was my 2nd from top. Also, I can't seem to locate my data folder as it appears to be missing
KinkiN
It's hidden. you can make it visible by opening Tools > Folder Options > Show Hidden Folders
Topic Starter
-Squishy
Ah, they are all here, they are now showing up in local ranking as I click through them.
KinkiN
hmm .. at least your replays aren't gone

delete scores.db and play again and see whether the local scores is missing or not
Topic Starter
-Squishy
It's being recorded, but it only becomes quite noticeable after playing a lot of songs. So, I can't really say that it's been solved unless I can get back to u in a few days after having the time again to play a large amount of songs at once.
KinkiN
np, you can bump this thread after a few days.

or maybe someone has a better solution?
drum drum
Marking as resolved. OP can request that this is moved from resolved if it is not solved