forum

Ayano Mashiro - ideal white

posted
Total Posts
show more
jonathanlfj
-Nya-: Everything in the beatmap folder is being used. In case you got the warnings from AIBat, please do not trust any warnings from AIBat that is storyboard related, since the respective code is broken under the new file formats.

As the unused transparency issue is addressed, please get a rebubble and i can probably rank this
10nya

Damnae wrote:

-Nya- wrote:

Popping the bubble cuz of unused files in the SB and other similar problems as well.
Be less vague maybe? What files?
Mind to point which data is not used and those "similar problems" ? I'm sure we can't push this forward before it all mentioned.
Also agreed with jonathanlfj since AiBAT sometimes got mistaken, thus there's no unused files here, I suppose.

and hello damnae w

also if the main issue is unused transparency for lyrics, here I have crop them all.
> fixed all transparency stuffs
(including white effect.png and wakka.png. I didn't crop them too close to the object because it'll destroy their image/effects but I did reduced their transparency anyway

again sorry for the sb issues.

@Modem: replace .osb sama yang di .zip saya ya, soalnya ada effect yang saya baikin, takutnya tar kamu bingung yg mana yg diganti jadi gw kasih full .osb-nya aja o.o)b
-Nya-
I didn't have a clue what the problem with the SB was. I just knew something was wrong. I know zero, zero, zero, zero about SB's. I wanted experts to tell me what wrong with the SB is and what needs to be fixed and you did. So thanks for that. See, the problem was fixed. I don't really understand what the uproar is about. I mean, there was unused transparencies . . . so, I wasn't wrong.

And I don't feel comfortable just ignoring AiBat. Cuz then a QAT comes and tells me that the SB is wrong and AiBat was right or something like that. Remember:
Taking chances are not advisable anymore cuz QAT's just can't wait to DQ a map for the most slightest thing.

But thanks for checking the SB: Damnae and jonathanlfj. (You guys are experts in my eyes) That's what I meant by experts. And don't question me again about SB's: I know zero, zero, zero, zero. I just wanted at least one expert to recheck the SB before this can be allowed to get pushed forward.
Topic Starter
Modem

10nya wrote:

Damnae wrote:

:oops:
Mind to point which data is not used and those "similar problems" ? I'm sure we can't push this forward before it all mentioned.
Also agreed with jonathanlfj since AiBAT sometimes got mistaken, thus there's no unused files here, I suppose.

and hello damnae w

also if the main issue is unused transparency for lyrics, here I have crop them all.
> fixed all transparency stuffs
(including white effect.png and wakka.png. I didn't crop them too close to the object because it'll destroy their image/effects but I did reduced their transparency anyway

again sorry for the sb issues.

@Modem: replace .osb sama yang di .zip saya ya, soalnya ada effect yang saya baikin, takutnya tar kamu bingung yg mana yg diganti jadi gw kasih full .osb-nya aja o.o)b
Thanks 10nya! :3
I'll update this after I get back from my cram school today :3
Anyway, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE QUEUE THAT OPEN AN ACTIVE SB MOD???
THE ONLY SB MODDERS THAT I FOUND ACTIVE WERE JUST VINXIS and arviejhay :cry: :cry: :cry:
ziin
Need to fix these before next bubble:
  1. smaller MINI SNOW.png, max dimensions is either 960x960 or 768x768, rules are ambiguous/silly.
  2. hitcircleoverlay.png doesn't cover hitcircle.png completely
  3. spinner-circle.png isn't centered
Everything else is opinions.

[skin]
Hitcircleoverlay isn't a perfect circle. The middle circle is a bit lower than necessary, resulting is this ugly smiling hitcircle: http://i.imgur.com/MTmi6Ja.png
The border is also not the same width as the slider border, which is unskinnable. Ideally, whoever made the skin could fix the hitcircle but if they aren't available I can try my hand at it. I'll bookmark the thread to keep track. PM me if you need help or I'm slow.
spinner-circle.png isn't centered. I can fix that. http://i.imgur.com/oJDWGU3.png
score-comma.png, score-dot.png, and score-percent.png are all taller than the rest of the score numbers. Please resize them so they're a bit more pleasant to look at.

[sb]
PM me if you need any additional assistance. I could do all the changes for you, but it's better if you do it.
04:13:084 - why isn't this centered? Oh it's because the SB grid isn't centered... Can you move it to be exactly on the center of the playfield?
 M,0,253084,,320,250
Also, I'd like to point out that you don't have to use the move command to place SB items, you can use the starting location:
Sprite,Foreground,Centre,"SB/wakka.png",320,250
F,0,253084,254084,1,0
S,1,253084,254084,0.1,1.04129
MINI SNOW.png is "unrankable" as its dimensions are 1140x1356. It's up to the BNs and QATs to rule yea or nay on this, as I personally dislike this rule. The maximum size of any storyboard element is as follows:
1920x480
640x1440
1366x768
The mini-snow.png doesn't fit under any of these three size limits. The good news is it's a simple image and scaling it down to appropriate levels won't hurt. A better "rule" is that SB elements must be under 1 Megapixel, but mini snow.png is still 1.5 Mp, so you'll have to do something about this at this time.
03:27:417 - you have a solid BG moving to the left, then a pulse moving even faster to the left. This gives the pulse a very not-centered look. If you move the pulse, you can keep it so Saber's face is the "center" of the pulse:
Sprite,Foreground,Centre,"bg2.jpg",320,240
M,1,207417,209751,438,236,489,240
F,1,207417,209751,1,0
S,1,207417,209751,0.8018063,0.9256773
04:08:417 - move thnx.png above saber's head on the spinner. Make sure it shows up in the taiko conversion too (it should)

02:51:084 - instead of fading in/out Saber1.png and white.png, fade OUT/IN a black image:
Sprite,Foreground,Centre,"SB/white.jpg",320,240
C,0,171084,,0,0,0
F,0,171084,171417,1,0
F,0,181751,182417,0,1

01:53:917 (1,2) - the SB is very distracting here on Hard. That's not a good thing. In general, using small rings that resemble approach circles in the storyboard is a very bad idea as it's distracting.

[easy]
Minor minor stuff. The difference between good and awesome:
02:19:084 (4,5,6) - can you make sure that all 3 circles here make an equilateral triangle? The spacing is a little off between 4 and 6.
02:23:417 (4,5,1) - this one is fine, I know i'ts not perfect, but it's much better than the previous one.
Just an idea on how to make easy better. Up to you whether or not to do it, but remember that ranked maps are supposed to be flawless.

[normal]
01:04:417 (1) - This slider is off the grid. This is rankable, but I just want to show you what that means: http://i.imgur.com/iK96sWL.png It's not something normally thought of, but the grid exists for a reason and there's really not a good reason to be putting things that close to the edge of the screen.
02:10:084 (2) - ^
04:03:751 (4) - ^
There are also some at the top of the screen that I didn't point out as there's no immediate issue there, but it does affect crazy silly skins with an enormous HP bar. I may actually make that skin...

[hard]
01:44:251 (8,9,1) - spacing. don't use grid snap on compressed streams
01:53:917 (1,2) - So the SB is VERY distracting here.
02:03:084 (1) - http://i.imgur.com/j26HP2a.png The slider isn't symmetrical, but whenever you do these red dot sliders, it would be good to make sure that the red dot is in the middle of the slider tick if at all possible.
03:19:084 (1,2) - the gap between these two sliders is a little uncomfortable. Can you make it a little bit bigger?

[insane]
00:45:084 (3) - see above, this is off the grid. http://i.imgur.com/2Lcqd6v.png Up to you whether or not you want to fix those, I'm just pointing out things most people don't notice. There's a few more which you can find if you want.
01:19:084 (1,2) - these sliders aren't quite perfectly overlapping.
02:27:084 (1,2,3,1,2) - ^ the last 2 are perfect, but the 3 beforehand could use some help.
02:49:751 (1) - this is an unfortunate place to put a red combo considering the storyboard.

VINXIS wrote:

i chexked through and stuff and the onky issue that NEEDS to be fixed is the transparencies. everything NEEDS a 1 px transparency bored on all sides. That is for EACH file. And no more, no less (anymore or any less transparency is unrankable)
this is a tad bit debatable. Animations are an exception, and you can utilize transparency when scaling to change the center of the object. It's also much easier to have extra transparency on text so it is properly centered. It's really more of a guideline than an absolute rule, and we don't have to be nazis about such things, especially when you're not over SB load 5.0x.
VINXIS

ziin wrote:

this is a tad bit debatable. Animations are an exception, and you can utilize transparency when scaling to change the center of the object. It's also much easier to have extra transparency on text so it is properly centered. It's really more of a guideline than an absolute rule, and we don't have to be nazis about such things, especially when you're not over SB load 5.0x.
gh

ziin
[insane]
00:45:084 (3) - see above, this is off the grid. http://i.imgur.com/2Lcqd6v.png Up to you whether or not you want to fix those, I'm just pointing out things most people don't notice. There's a few more which you can find if you want. meh centre is on-grid so w/e
01:19:084 (1,2) - these sliders aren't quite perfectly overlapping. ????????lookfinetome????
02:27:084 (1,2,3,1,2) - ^ the last 2 are perfect, but the 3 beforehand could use some help. dam k changed this one
02:49:751 (1) - this is an unfortunate place to put a red combo considering the storyboard. it's themed comboing? i wuldn't kno since i dont use the ebatmap's combo colours xdd
http://puu.sh/hzDvj/d954dee9a6.osu

modem do the comboing im 2lazy to do it
Topic Starter
Modem
Wait, I'm fixing the skin :d
Topic Starter
Modem

ziin wrote:

[easy]
Minor minor stuff. The difference between good and awesome: Thanks ^^
02:19:084 (4,5,6) - can you make sure that all 3 circles here make an equilateral triangle? The spacing is a little off between 4 and 6. Ummmm..... Sorry, I can't. That DS gets in the way (Q A Q)
02:23:417 (4,5,1) - this one is fine, I know i'ts not perfect, but it's much better than the previous one. Thanks! \(> w <)/
Just an idea on how to make easy better. Up to you whether or not to do it, but remember that ranked maps are supposed to be flawless. Okay (o v o)7

[normal]
01:04:417 (1) - This slider is off the grid. This is rankable, but I just want to show you what that means: http://i.imgur.com/iK96sWL.png It's not something normally thought of, but the grid exists for a reason and there's really not a good reason to be putting things that close to the edge of the screen. Whoops.... Fixed~!
02:10:084 (2) - ^ Fixed~!
04:03:751 (4) - ^ Fixed~!
There are also some at the top of the screen that I didn't point out as there's no immediate issue there, but it does affect crazy silly skins with an enormous HP bar. I may actually make that skin...

[hard]
01:44:251 (8,9,1) - spacing. don't use grid snap on compressed streams Fixed~!
01:53:917 (1,2) - So the SB is VERY distracting here. Umm.... Well, I'll try asking 10nya to fix that (O v O)/
02:03:084 (1) - http://i.imgur.com/j26HP2a.png The slider isn't symmetrical, but whenever you do these red dot sliders, it would be good to make sure that the red dot is in the middle of the slider tick if at all possible. Nope, sorry.... I make that on purpose ><
03:19:084 (1,2) - the gap between these two sliders is a little uncomfortable. Can you make it a little bit bigger? Sorry.... I think it's fine to leave it like that (> w <)/

VINXIS wrote:

modem do the comboing im 2lazy to do it Done~! ><
Thanks for the mod~! :)
Topic Starter
Modem
Updated~!
10nya
i would like to have some assistance since this was my first time sb-ing with widescreen options
also mini-snow.png has fixed and followed all issues that mentioned on your mods

>fixed + new osb here
Topic Starter
Modem
Thanks 10nya ><
Updated~! :3
ziin
Just wanted to let you know I'm in the process of doing the following:

Fixing hitcircle overlay using the default skin. It may look significantly different, and I can tweak it a little more if you're unhappy.
Fixing spinner-background (it's unrankable as well) due to greater than 692/768 vertical height.
Compressing all images to save ~ 1 MB total.
Tweaking the pngs with transparency to remove the artifacts and jagged edges using an edge blur and an eraser.

I'll double check the new SB when I get home from work, and I'll upload the updated files.

By the way this is an awesome beatmap.
Topic Starter
Modem

ziin wrote:

Just wanted to let you know I'm in the process of doing the following:

Fixing hitcircle overlay using the default skin. It may look significantly different, and I can tweak it a little more if you're unhappy.
Fixing spinner-background (it's unrankable as well) due to greater than 692/768 vertical height.
Compressing all images to save ~ 1 MB total.
Tweaking the pngs with transparency to remove the artifacts and jagged edges using an edge blur and an eraser.

I'll double check the new SB when I get home from work, and I'll upload the updated files.

By the way this is an awesome beatmap.
Thanks ziin!!
You're also an awesome modder (> w <)/
And thanks for the star!!! ><
ziin
OK. Skin + SB is here. I think the old spinner is better, personally (just needed to be centered). If you like the new spinner then use that.

10nya did a great job with the SB fixes, though he removed the white background for whatever reason. That's back in. Make sure you double check everything 10nya.

So here's all the circles placed too high/low: I don't expect you to fix them, just want to point them out.
[insane]
01:11:084 (2) -

[hard]
00:54:751 (4) -
01:00:251 (3) -
01:01:584 (3) -
01:21:251 (3) -
01:37:084 (3) -
01:50:751 (3) -
02:04:417 (1) -
02:08:917 (2) -
02:25:751 (4) -
02:29:751 (1) -
02:41:751 (3) -
02:49:417 (4) -
02:50:417 (1,2) -
02:52:584 (3) -
03:04:751 (1) -
03:10:751 (3) -
03:20:417 (2) - This slider end is actually out of the map, and is unrankable. Glad I caught it.
03:34:417 (7) -
03:46:917 (6) -

[normal]
00:38:417 (3) -
03:49:084 (2) -

[easy]
00:17:751 (3) -
00:26:417 (3) -
00:33:751 (3) -
01:45:751 (2) -
02:07:084 (2) -
02:25:751 (2) -

No KD because you already gave me KD.
10nya
thank ziin for a lot of help! checked with your SB and .osb files and I think its already okay so Modem please update with ziin's .osb!
sorry for the late responds and thanks again, ziin!

edit: i think its ready to get bubble again. oh yeah Modem please add -_t_e_n_n_y_a_- to tags since you added my username on the tags D: which i prefer not though
Topic Starter
Modem
Thanks for the help ziin!!!! (> w <)
I really want to give you some kudos for this ><
-Nya-
I'll recheck this soon~

@10nya: It's required that the one who made the SB's username is included in the tags.

Recheck

General:
  1. Missing skinfiles:
    cursormiddle.png
    scorebar-marker.png
    spinner-rpm.png
  2. I just want to know why this file is named: scorebar-colour-0 and not just scorebar-colour like shown here:
  3. You didn't add -_t_e_n_n_y_a_- to the tags yet like 10nya had asked.

Easy:
  1. 02:20:417 (6) - Nazi. Just move this slider a bit to the left or so and just make sure it's equally between 02:19:084 (4,5) -

Normal:
  1. 00:38:417 (3) - Just to be safe, can you please just lower this circle a bit. (It's hard to see if it's touching the HP bar or not :P)
  2. 01:07:084 (1,1) - I'm not sure if the reaction time between the spinner and the next note is long enough. Can you please just make sure with an expert.
  3. 02:13:751 (1,1) - ^
  4. 03:45:751 (1,1) - ^

Call me back.
Topic Starter
Modem
Thanks senpai~!
I'll call you back soon ^^
Topic Starter
Modem
Okay then, senpai, I fixed almost everything that you told me. But I didn't make cursormiddle.png and scorebar-marker.png since that skin was just used in default skin on osu! I also look at this ranked map that has a complete skin for examples -> https://osu.ppy.sh/s/215187 . This map was made by an expert in skinning and he also didn't make cursormiddle.png and scorebar-marker.png so I thought it would be fine. Anyway, senpai about that spinner, I thought it also fine since there was one beat gap after the spin before the next note so that any beginner players could try to play in this diff. jonathanlfj and Cherry Blossom also didn't mind about the spinner so I thought it also would be fine senpai (> w <)/
-Nya-
Err, I don't think you should ignore those two skinfiles even if another map did, cuz I also have a map with my own skin and I was instructed to add those skinfiles as well.

Just make sure with a QAT please.
ziin

Modem wrote:

Okay then, senpai, I fixed almost everything that you told me. But I didn't make cursormiddle.png and scorebar-marker.png since that skin was just used in default skin on osu! I also look at this ranked map that has a complete skin for examples -> https://osu.ppy.sh/s/215187 . This map was made by an expert in skinning and he also didn't make cursormiddle.png and scorebar-marker.png so I thought it would be fine. Anyway, senpai about that spinner, I thought it also fine since there was one beat gap after the spin before the next note so that any beginner players could try to play in this diff. jonathanlfj and Cherry Blossom also didn't mind about the spinner so I thought it also would be fine senpai (> w <)/
Better safe than sorry.

I hate to suggest this, but you can force the default skin to ensure the map looks the way you want it (this also means you don't need to include extra objects). It actually may be worthwhile since you are using a custom skin.

Personally I'd prefer you release the skin elsewhere and have people download separately, but that's just me being me.
Topic Starter
Modem
Okay then, I added those two skinfiles. Hopefully it would be fine now (> w <)
-Nya-
Where's "-_t_e_n_n_y_a_-" ? It's not in the tags.
Topic Starter
Modem
Whoa. I forgot about that!!! (O A O'''''')
Don't worry senpai! I'll make sure to update it in 24 hours (> A <)7
Topic Starter
Modem
Updated~!
-Nya-
Ok, nice. Let's finally give this map its bubble back.

Rebubbled~

To next BN: I assume the SB should be fine now, regardless of what AiBat says. I guess just doublecheck the skin again, but it should be fine. Some of the spinners in Normal may seem too risky but since other BN's accepted it I guess it's fine and also just look out for potential off-screen sliders.
Topic Starter
Modem
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks senpai~~~~~<3333
You're just too MOE <333333
ziin
Please let me triple check before rank. Will do tonight/tomorrow.
Topic Starter
Modem

ziin wrote:

Please let me triple check before rank. Will do tonight/tomorrow.
Thanks ziin!! ^^
ziin
Hey, mapset looks good. I forgot to upload the updated rin1.png and saber1.png (and actually deleted them in the process :( so I remade them).

https://copy.com/O6LIpoSinRYLSq3J

Here's the updated files. I noticed you didn't include most of them. I losslessly compressed them all so they're smaller, except for rin1 and saber1 which I removed the white jaggies.

Also, spinner-background.png and spinner-metre are over the recommended height of 692. I guess I missed the memo on this when skin.ini v2 came out. This should not be an issue since the center of the spinner is not at the center of the screen.

I still think the old spinner looked better.
Topic Starter
Modem

ziin wrote:

Hey, mapset looks good. I forgot to upload the updated rin1.png and saber1.png (and actually deleted them in the process :( so I remade them).

https://copy.com/O6LIpoSinRYLSq3J

Here's the updated files. I noticed you didn't include most of them. I losslessly compressed them all so they're smaller, except for rin1 and saber1 which I removed the white jaggies.

Also, spinner-background.png and spinner-metre are over the recommended height of 692. I guess I missed the memo on this when skin.ini v2 came out. This should not be an issue since the center of the spinner is not at the center of the screen.

I still think the old spinner looked better.
Thanks ziin~! I'll update this when there's BN who responds my request :3
VINXIS
o wtf when did this get bubbled LOL
Topic Starter
Modem
Three days ago I wonder?
jonathanlfj
you might as well update the map and ask -Nya- for a rebubble. The ranking cap is reached today and I am ranking something else tommorow, so I will get this to qualified on Tuesday hopefully.
Topic Starter
Modem

jonathanlfj wrote:

you might as well update the map and ask -Nya- for a rebubble. The ranking cap is reached today and I am ranking something else tommorow, so I will get this to qualified on Tuesday hopefully.
Okay senpai (> w <)/
Topic Starter
Modem
Updated~!
jonathanlfj
just minor changes with sb files, so i guess i will just directly qualify it~
VINXIS
nice
Topic Starter
Modem
Yaay!! Thanks jonathan-senpai ^^
Monstrata