forum

Replays rating.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nomme
Hey there,

After some searches I didn't find any similar request, I'm sorry if I didn't search correctly ^^'

So I was thinking : sometimes I watch replays that I find really impressive, and I'd like to show it with a system of "likes" or something like that.
Such a system could then make regular (weekly, monthly maybe...) "rankings" with the replays that got the more likes, I think...

I hope I've been clear enough, and that this hasn't been requested before.

Thanks for reading !

Edit : BTW I see that only the "ranking" idea has been discussed, but the idea was firstly a "like" system, to simply show our appreciation of a performance ^^
Bauxe
Week 1: Big Black
Week 2: Big Black
Week 3: Big Black
Week 4: Big Black
Week 5: Big Black
Week 6: Airman
Week 7: Big Black
terrible idea imo
Topic Starter
Nomme
Well, there isn't a new #1 on Big Black every week :| But yeah maybe there would be only replays of "impossible maps", in that case it probably wouldn't be really interesting.
[ -Harasho- ]
i prefeer to go youtube and like their videos and subscribe to their channel to support them
Topic Starter
Nomme
Sure, but some players don't have a Youtube channel, and everybody on Osu! could see these replays easily instead of having to search every player on Youtube.
Talking about YT, I thought it would be like the "top 37,49 osu! replays" videos we can see on Youtube, but without youtubers having to make these videos.
[ -Harasho- ]

Cyntaksairor wrote:

but some players don't have a Youtube channel
for those players there are some youtubers who make top replays
example

I think this request only achieve that people lose interest in their channels on youtube
How about only allowing 7-day-old scores to be voted?
Topic Starter
Nomme

Afentus wrote:

Cyntaksairor wrote:

but some players don't have a Youtube channel
for those players there are some youtubers who make top replays
example

I think this request only achieve that people lose interest in their channels on youtube
Aaah, we're not going anywhere like this, I talked about these videos x)
Then the idea is just to make something we already have more accessible, I guess. But we can wonder if it wouldn't make people lose interest in the Youtube videos. I don't think so, since the videos don't have to show the same replays as those which have been voted in the game, the choice is personnal and the presentation different.

41236 wrote:

How about only allowing 7-day-old scores to be voted?
Why not, it would be a good thing I guess.
[ -Harasho- ]

Cyntaksairor wrote:

But we can wonder if it wouldn't make people lose interest in the Youtube videos. I don't think so, since the videos don't have to show the same replays as those which have been voted in the game, the choice is personnal and the presentation different.
I'll give you a very specific example:
"Oh, i like this song, i will look for some replays"
"Why search for random players replays in youtube when you have a ranking in osu?"
This way youtubers will lose audience... even when they put all their effort to play it, and upload their videos for their suscribers.

Unless this going to be only a weekly ranking, and users cant search replays
silmarilen
why is it bad that people watch replays in osu! over youtube?
youtube is only useful to see liveplays/replays of scores that arent in top50

and why would people suddenly watch fewer videos on youtube when this becomes a thing? how are the 2 even related?
Gumpy
But what if you like watching replays on a computer which does not have osu! on it?
Topic Starter
Nomme
Nothing prevents you from doing that :)
People can still make Youtube videos, and maybe there would even be someone who would do videos about the (weekly for example) ranking.
drum drum

Gumpyyy wrote:

But what if you like watching replays on a computer which does not have osu! on it?
The point is people don't watch youtube videos to rate them in general
FrzR
Uh. no thanks.

"omg SS big black must rate 10!!!!11oneoneone"
Topic Starter
Nomme

Fr33z3R wrote:

Uh. no thanks.

"omg SS big black must rate 10!!!!11oneoneone"
Why not, if the replay is impressive and we haven't already seen it 2.000 times.
It could simply not be possible for a replay to be in the rankings if there already have been one on the same map with the same mods.
(Not really nice if someone does a way better performance with same mods later, though.)