forum

Aqua - Cartoon Heroes (Speed Up Ver.)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Grrum

Gray Veyron wrote:

Hello! M4M from my queue, sorry for the delay.

I modded this map with a playback rate of 75%, so I can mod this properly xD Ahaha, speed-up songs these days...
[> General <]
  1. - Overall, the Easy diff is fine. But what's bugging me is that this diff looks a little hard for beginners imo, more like an Easy+. Maybe you should reduce harshness of adding some notes, since it's quite really close to having almost the same rhythms as the normal diff. – The normal diff is a lot harder to read and uses ½ notes much more. I think lowering the difficulty of the Easy is unnecessary. Yes, it is more of an Easy+, but that's more of a naming problem.
  2. - Also, the Easy diff startup is very unusual and quite inconsistent through other diffs. Unlike the other diffs as you've started them on 00:05:615 - , not 00:04:990 - . Or is this on purpose? – I wanted the rhythm to follow the beat there since it is low energy. Starting the beat on the red tick doesn't play well, so I had to start earlier. The other difficulties start on the vocals, so it's fine to be different there.
  3. - I suggest the third kiai time should be on 02:04:053 - . At 01:54:053 -, the song track represents only the standard music tracks instead of being a 'chorus'. You might need to reconsider this. – I can see why you think that, but I like it the way I have it.
  4. - You have inconsistency of hitsounding the finishes and the whistles throughout the difficulties. I might not mention them all, but only the major ones. Somehow, try to hear these parts each difficulty for example; 00:37:803 - / 00:46:865 - / 01:22:803 - / 02:16:553 - / and so on. You can hear that there are some missing hitsounds, or either the additional ones. So, make sure to take your time consisting every hitsound you've added or removed is in equal with other diffs. – the inconsistency is only with the Easy difficulty. This is a result of using a different rhythm that stressed different vocals differently. The whistles made more sense in Easy, and the finishes made more sense in the others, so I don't see how this is a problem.
  5. - Well, I haven't find anything major than these. Nice!
[> Easy <]
  1. 00:10:928 (2) - A simple 3-point curved slider would look better, since the tail haven't done anything special for the next few notes, and only left them a blanket. So, the red point does not make sense here. – okay
  2. 00:12:803 - I think you should reduce this Inherited point's volume from 44% to 40%, every points should be multiplied by 5 unless with special cases. – sure
  3. - Also, It's quite too sudden for the normal sampleset to emphasize with the music here. Although you're trying to follow the vocals, and likely awkward with the normal sampleset that's probably not making sense with the song track. – so you'd rather have soft sampleset? That sounds underhitsounded to me. The change in octave is good enough justification.
  4. 00:16:553 (3,1,2,3) - If you could try making a symmetry here, flow might be improved big. Something like this for example. – fixed
  5. 00:22:802 (1,2) - I prefer the rhythm should start by that slider, and the circle is behind it as it will perform an upbeat rhythm. It follows the vocals much better imo. – I don't really like it. The circle now fits the drum better, and the slider starting on the lyrics fits fine. Plus you lose the clap hitsound so that kind of breaks the pattern of that.
  6. 00:25:303 (1,2) - Same thing as above.
  7. 00:32:021 (5) - I'm not quite okay with the slider's downbeat here, the beat on 00:32:490 - is pretty major for a circle or sth. So maybe you should shoten this slider and add some notes next to it. – yah you're right, changed
  8. 00:35:615 (2,3,4) - I guess this rhythm made the previous ones inconsistent with the rest. Just because you're likely trying to follow few vocals or the precussion doesn't mean it'd do something special while the emphasis, try sth like this one, for example. – I like my rhythm a lot more. This section is different and deserves this different rhythm.
  9. 00:46:240 (3,4) - It'd sound better if these two swapped for the rhythm. – okay
  10. - There are more of these and are exactly the same issue as above (also 00:22:802 (1,2) -), just for myself to avoid making a huge dam of repetitive mods. Try to work more on stressing the downbeats to make the rhythm more natural. – I've looked through the map and there aren't many notes I think are not stressed right. With the rhythm following the vocals at times and vocals getting syncopated or changing meter, the downbeat isn't always the note that should be stressed. The best example of this is something like 00:49:990 (4,1) - , where (4) accentuates the raised vocals nicely while not actually losing any significant beats at (4)'s slider end, and then picking up the vocals again at (1). See the long rant in Insane for more discussion.
  11. 00:55:928 (2,3,4,5) - You could've shaped here something different to make the flow more neater, maybe a square formation for example. – the idea was to have an axis of symmetry about a diagonal line. Revisiting it, I changed (5) so make this a lot more apparent.
  12. 00:59:366 (4,3) - Minor, how about a stack on the slider's tail? It can still be noticeable on game play imo. – fixed I think
  13. 01:12:178 (3,4) - Uhhhh, this flow is kinda cracked imo... How about curving slider (3)'s tail to blanket circle (4), for example? Well, It's just the this flow is quite odd to me.
  14. 01:13:271 (5) - Almost the same as 00:32:021 (5) – Since I'm changing this, I'll go ahead and change the above as well.
  15. 01:20:146 (2,3,1) - Quite minor, but the distance in-between these notes are a little... irregular, since you've using 0.90x spacing all the way here. – fixed
  16. 01:25:303 (4,2) - Okay, uhhh well... speaking about overlaps, this is the only blanket like this in the whole diff, and it looks a bit untidy and tricky for beginners. It looks fine and okay, but it's recommended not to make such things when you don't even use it often. So, mind doing something else here? – I don't like changing it, but I will.
  17. 01:30:303 (3,4) - The curves of these two sliders makes the flow go weird. Since I've seen you're trying to match slider (3) with 01:31:865 (1) - 's curve. And the other blankets with a different curve. Idk, but I just can't understand your flow here. – I made it like http://puu.sh/jbEOm/027262fdf1.jpg, but honestly I don't see a difference in the quality between the two flows.
  18. 01:34:365 (2,3,4,1) - Same as 01:20:146 (2,3,1) -
  19. 01:42:803 (3,4,5,6) - Minor and just my opinion. Flow is fine, but this kind of placement might be (a little) tricky for beginners, because you've made it go zig-zag or sth. So maybe move (5) and (6) few grids above, or how about sth like this for example. – I like it, changed
  20. 01:58:271 (5) - Try to make the slider's tail curved heading to circle (1) for the flow to be on going. Sth like this represents a smoother flow, and makes the red point a good use. – okay
  21. 02:14:365 (2,3,4,5) - The flow... It's quite too straight and linear... Can't you try sth different to make the pattern neater? At least, just a single curve e_e – added a curve
  22. 02:20:303 (1) - Since the song is quite fast, I think this spinner is kinda... short for beginners to spin it properly. But It's your decision if you want to consider making it longer or keeping it. Mehh. – I think the spinner fits better than a long slider even if it is a little short.
  23. Try to work more on stressing the downbeats. Pattern flows can also be improved.
[> Normal <]
  1. 00:09:053 (3) - The slider's tail could be moved down in a few grid for a neater slider. Perhaps sth like this, for example? – okay
  2. 00:12:646 - Same Inherited point issue as the previous diff. Ehhh, this'll count to other next diffs as well. – fixed
  3. 00:16:553 (2,1,2) - The spacing here is quite random imo, as you could see on the top right on the editor when selecting the note. – fixed
  4. 00:31:396 (3) - Minor, this pattern would look neater if you Ctrl + G this slider for a symmetry with the previous slider. Although, the flow heads to the next circle smoothly. – okay
  5. 00:38:428 (2,3) - Minor as well, the spacing is likely off just by 0.03x. – fixed
  6. 00:39:209 (4,5) - I think this rhythm is inconsistent with the next similar song track. The rhythm can be improved by replacing 00:38:896 (3,4) - as a slider. – okay
  7. 00:42:178 (6) - I kinda don't like downbeats on some time like this, especially when the kiai time showed up. So I prefer a slider being clicked on 00:42:803 - , or a circle at least. – yah you're right, made it a circle
  8. 00:47:803 (1) - Uhh, did you forget to add a finish here? – yes, added
  9. 00:52:021 (5) - What I could see here, maybe you can make this slider much neater than the current one. Perfectly curved like this for example. – okay
  10. 01:01:553 (3,4,5,6,7) - Could be cool if you'd made a star formation here. Flow would be cool too ;p Well, It's just by moving (7) somewhere near x:222|y:100. – I like what I have
  11. 01:08:740 (6,1) - Pretty minor, so just recorrect this blanket. – fixed
  12. 01:20:146 (3) - Oddly curved, maybe a decent curve fits here. – hope I fixed
  13. 01:23:428 (6) - Same as 00:42:178 (6) -
  14. 01:32:490 (3,4,5) - Well, also minor, recorrect a few blanket at least. – fixed
  15. 01:32:803 (4) - Okay, what's with the whistle doing here?! You haven't done that on any other parts. – the idea is to accentuate the falsetto. The reason it's not in the earlier chorus is because it is quite a high energy hitsound, so it's better for the pacing that the first one not be so intense. This might not be the most suitable in a Normal so I'd be open to removing it here, but I'd rather not.
  16. 01:35:615 (5,6) - Same as.... 00:38:428 (2,3) - but 0.04x... I guess this is enough ._. – fixed
  17. 02:07:803 (4,5) - The finish hitsounds here doesn't seem to make sense with the song track, it took some huge emphasis than the song track. So, there's an unbalance consistency here. – Rather than delete this, I added more by adopting the hitsound pattern in the higher difficulties. I think the finishes make sense, so I added more finishes around it for consistency
  18. 02:12:803 (4) - Same as 01:32:803 (4) -
  19. - The diff is likely good imo, since I can see you mostly follow the vocals. But there are also some downbeats that should be worked out (as I've told on the previous diff). Just a small suggestion, maybe try to enlighten some slider curves. I've seen some are quite odd, so yeah... find them ;p
[> Hard <]
  1. 00:12:803 (1,2,3,4) - Why would you extend the spacing to 1.40x, while the song track is still low at intensity than the next similar parts? Try at least 1.3x for some vocals you've heard, or just the regular 1.2x you've used for more balanced consistency. – I disagree that the song is still low in intensity. The singer switches from a relatively minor octave to a relatively major octave. This justifies the change in spacing.
  2. 00:23:115 (2,3) - Ehh, the spacing is a little weird... 1.17x?! – fixed
  3. 00:27:803 (1,2) - I didn't like the flow here, because slider (1)'s tail head on to nowhere. And slider (2) is just sitting there from a broken flow. Maybe you should Ctrl + H slider (1) or sth neater to do here. – yah I see that. changed
  4. 00:38:896 (5,6) - Same as above. – changed
  5. 00:44:521 (6,1,2) - The finish hitsounds here are having a higher emphasis than the song track, it's quite trying make it overrated... This one is also facing the hitsound inconsistency as I said on the General. So I highly suggest you should remove those finishes. – The reason why I think I need these is to force the player to take the singer's perspective. Missing the beat at 00:45:303 – makes sense if you follow the singer but doesn't if you don't. The “oo-OH-oh” lyric is high enough energy to justify these hitsounds and NC and force the player into this rhythm, but without these highlights, I'm afraid the rhythm won't come out as strong (The question then becomes 'is this rhythm worth it,' to which I say yes).
  6. 00:45:615 (2,3,4) - This pattern, imo, is a little awkward on game play. Maybe you show try this kind of pattern, it'd flow much better with the rhythm, with 1.9x spacing as you've using on some parts as well ;p – even with slider leniency I don't like putting that kind of spacing here. I just changed to a boring flow.
  7. 00:49:990 (2,3) - Same as 00:44:521 (6,1,2) -
  8. 00:54:365 (6) - This flow could've been done better without me mentioning this. Try making the same slider shape, Ctrl + H / J, and replace from the current. The result might have a flow broken, but plays significantly great on game play. – okay
  9. 00:56:553 (4,5,6,7) - Hmm, there are a few unbalance spacings here. It might be between (5) and (6), or (6) and (7). Make sure you balance it once you consider to remake it, the top right of the editor tool can help you for this one. – I want the jump at (5,6), so you're saying if I do that than the low DS at (6,7) doesn't make sense right? I can see that perspective, but I think it's fine as is.
  10. 01:01:553 (4,5,6,7) - Same as above.
  11. 01:05:302 (4) - This slider, is not snapped properly. Also, uuhhh minor; recorrect blanket with 01:05:771 (5) - – fixed
  12. 01:12:646 (5,6,7) - Same.. as 00:56:553 (4,5,6,7) -... I guess it's enough, try to find them on your own if you feel there's more than what i mentioned here. – these are intentional. I think the bigger spacing/change in spacing fits with the more energetic/changing vocals.
  13. 01:16:865 (2,4) - Didn't you stack this or, is this on purpose? – stack leniency is weird. I don't think this presents that big of an issue as is.
  14. 01:17:490 (4) - Same as before, flow breaks. I'll stop mentioning these as well.
  15. 01:23:740 (9) - Remove this finish, The song doesn't seem to ask for it. Also, with the 01:23:740 (9,1,2) -, try making a symmetry here. It'll improve flow greatly. – Did the symmetry change, but the energy here is certainly higher relative to what came before it. I think this start up energy justifies the hitsound
  16. 01:25:302 (5,1) - Well, kinda odd overlap to me... Why haven't you use this on the previous part for pattern consistency? – because the overlap is kind of odd. I don't want to overlap here or anywhere else, it's just where the flow took me and I don't know what to do about it. If I choose to not overlap, I lose the linear flow out of the slider, so I feel like this flow would be boring.
  17. 01:41:552 (1,2) - This is an odd flow here, could've looked neater if the slider is curved up. – okay
  18. 02:01:865 (2,3) - Minor; recorrect this little blanket? – Tried
  19. 02:09:834 (4,6) - Almost the same issue as Easy, this is probably the only overlap in this diff. But uhh, split? – no
  20. 02:12:802 (4,1) - Minor; Try to see this closer, you may notice it's not correctly stacked. – fixed
  21. 02:17:803 (1,1) - What does the reverse arrow actually follow? vocals? the hi-hat on the background music? Eheheeh just asking.. – It'd be wrong for me to map this as a 1/1 slider because that would be too slow for the song. So it follows the vocals as a 1/1 slider in terms of how you click, but uses the reverse part to hit the bass to make it more energetic.
  22. - Sorry for being a little picky with flows and some spacings. Also, I just notice that your comboing is quite irregular. Like these 00:44:990 (1) - / 01:26:240 (1) - and so on... It's quite making an unbalance combo consistency in-between your diffs. So, I prefer removing them. Lastly, I can see few downbeats as well, which is exactly the same issue as the previous diffs. But I didn't mention them, for not boosting up the mod size ;p Overall, this diff is quite good. – the combos are intentional to go with the hitsounds to go with the energetic vocals. You might be right though
[> Insane <]
  1. 00:08:115 (1) - The red point on the slider represents nothing. The curve seems to be random and does not match with the music. Why don't you just use a simple curved slider to represent the music better? or an anchored slider at least? – sure
  2. 00:13:740 (4,5,6,7) - Probably minor, but... you were close to make a symmetry here. – okay
  3. 00:25:615 (3,4,5) - I'm not sure if this is on purpose or sth, but I could see an unbalance spacing here. Passing on (3), then the spacing changes randomly to (5). Don't you think it's quite odd? – between slider leniency and the high note on 00:26:240 (5) - , I think the spacing is good.
  4. 00:32:021 (7) - Flow would be on going if you'd try to Ctrl + H this. – okay
  5. 00:39:365 (6,7,8) - I prefer this kind of pattern over the current one for this part. This'd equal the emphasis with the song track. – I'm not really feeling it. I think this pattern has the same intensity as 00:37:803 (1,2,3) – and I don't want the spacing to be that high.
  6. 00:42:959 (2,3) - Ctrl + G these two circles? spacing is a little big, but flows greatly on game play. – I like the curve flow more since it feels smooth and offers more recovery time off the stream.
  7. 00:47:803 (1) - Add finish? Just my suggestion. – added
  8. 00:51:553 (1) - Idk why would you need to make this wiggly slider, but if this is on purpose. Don't feel irritated by telling me a good reason or sth ;p – the wiggle fits nicely with the singer going into falsetto
  9. 00:53:740 (6,1) - Why is this spaced by 1.2x, while the rest is 1.3x?! – woops fixed
  10. 00:58:740 (6) - Minor; recorrect this blanket on 00:59:365 (2) - – this is blanketed correctly
  11. 00:59:990 (6,1) - Try to make these two sliders, having the same slider shapes. It'd make a symmetry or sth neater. – okay
  12. 01:03:037 - Why would you add a break time here, and the previous three diffs doesn't have a break here as well?! This'll count on Superman diff too. – because on any one difficulty, having a break here is better since not having a break is just dead time. But due to the AR and time of this break, this isn't possible on Easy, Normal, or Hard. So we have to compare how much strength is added to the map by having the break versus how much strength it takes away from the mapset by being inconsistent. I think mapset inconsistency is very minimal since the only players who are going to notice this are the players transitioning from Hard to Insane, in which the players are probably going to appreciate the break rather than complain about inconsistency. For these reasons I think the break should stay, but since the QAT's will DQ the map for this reason and many others, I feel like I should change it. If changing this means a BN will bubble this I will, but I'll be pretty salty.
  13. 01:06:553 (1) - Haven't you tried 1.5x here too? Just as you've did on the previous notes. – Why does this need 1.5x? Because of the downbeat? What is the downbeat doing? It's playing very quiet, very low trumpets. In comparison to the jump at 01:05:615 (5,6) – which has the singer rising in pitch and volume, how energetic is it? Is it wrong for me to interpret high pitched, high volume notes as big spacing and low pitch, low volume notes as small spacing? The point is, the big white tick isn't strong here because it is not stressed by the main rhythm. In fact, this really should be timed as a 5/4 meter making the downbeat start at 01:06:865 (3) – because that's where the "downbeat" is.
  14. 01:13:740 (9) - The flow gone out away, while (1) wanted to continue on going the flow. Ehhh, try sth else than this kind of slider. – Made a slider that wasn't that different, but I think it still plays fine
  15. 01:19:678 (3) - You didn't use 1.3x here? Quite a sudden, y'know... – hmm, re-did everything around it in order to fix it.
  16. 01:21:553 (1,3) - Haven't tried to stack slider tail perfectly? – fixed
  17. 01:24:678 (5) - Try curving this to the left. Or make a similar slider shape as 01:24:990 (6) - , and Ctrl + H/rotate over. – made them the same curve
  18. 01:31:709 (1,1) - So... What's with the weird NC-ing here? – woops, fixed
  19. 01:43:115 (2,4) - Ehh, it's minor... stack slider tail? – fixed
  20. 01:55:772 (3,4) - Same as the previous diff, curve the slider for unpredictable flow. Or perhaps, doing it on purpose? – okay
  21. 02:02:178 (3) - Curve this slider upper head? Just my suggestion. – I don't know what you are suggesting me to do
  22. 02:12:803 (1) - Same reason as 00:51:553 (1) -
  23. - Overall, It's pretty fun to play this. What it lacks of improvement is aesthetics, flow enhancements, and stabilized spacing. Anyways, Nicely done!
[> Superman <]
  1. 00:17:802 (1,2,3,4) - Why the spacings are going random so sudden here? Since it's an extra diff, I don't think it'd be such an important issue. – Because the note at 00:17:959 (2) – is stupid and gives this way too much energy. So in order to make the vocals and the drums distinct I have to make the distance big, or just not put a beat at 00:17:959 (2) – but that also sounds dumb.
  2. 00:27:803 (1,3) - Minor; eheheheh recorrect blanket or sth. – okay
  3. 00:32:490 (9,10,11,12,1) - The 1/4 notes here, what were they following? I never hear any hi-hats or percussion hitting on this part of an empty 1/4 beat. So I guess it's considered an overmap. How about removing (10) or (12) to avoid this? – there is a faint instrument in the background (probably some wind instrument) that is doing a constant falling scale. The stream here is supposed to be that.
  4. 00:46:084 (5,6,7) - The first four circles can stay, but when it keeps going and going, it starts to lack of more movements. It's a good pattern, but it's quite recommendable. – I think the rising DS justifies this pattern being this long. It's really up to the player to interpret whether 00:46:084 (5) – is a more distinct section of the melody. Some will and won't like it not changing flow. Some will see this as a continuation of the same melody, so not changing flow makes sense in connecting the lyrics.
  5. 00:51:553 (1) - Okay, what?!?! Were you trying to CURVE this wiggly slider? o_o Or is it just me? Ehhh, idk... – yes that is the intention.
  6. 00:54:678 (5,6,7) - 'Probably' small spacing here, maybe try extending the spacing to 1.5x? Or just make a shape of flow here since it's flow is kinda linear. – sounds good
  7. 01:11:865 (2) - It's just my suggestion, how about a curve? Ehh, to smoothen the flow here. – linear makes the vocals more distinct imo.
  8. 01:13:740 (9,10,11,12,1) - Same as 00:32:490 (9,10,11,12,1) -
  9. 01:18:271 (8,10) - Stack slider tail? – fixed
  10. 01:27:803 (1) - I prefer this would be Ctrl + G... The movement would flow with the next sliders properly. – That really takes away the emphasis from the change in flow at 01:28:115 (2,3) - , which is where I'd prefer that emphasis to be.
  11. 01:35:771 (3,4,5) - Weirdly-placed circles, at least do some formations here for improving the flow better? – fixed in a way that doesn't fix it
  12. 01:40:459 (2,5) - Didn't you try to stack? Maybe you should see this a little closer. – editor y u no stack right
  13. 02:03:271 (3) - Well, I changed my mind... How about remaking this as a straight slider heading to circle (4) directly? – interesting, added.
  14. - Playable, appreciable, and gratifying diff! Well, almost the same comment as Insane. It seriously need some aesthetics, if this'd putted in, it could've been better. Anyways, Good job! – yah I kind of get the feeling when comparing it to modern maps that mine doesn't look as good as theirs. I'll ask around to see if someone will go through with me how to improve the design of this and the Insane

Hmmm.... What a mass of mods... Is this one of my biggest mods I've ever made? Well, hehe ;p

-- Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a thorough and helpful mod. I think it improved the maps a lot. :D

Take your time replying to this, I think we're done for now.
Good song, and good luck!
Crimmi
IRC Mod for Superman & Insane
2015-07-27 15:02 Crimmi: Hello.
2015-07-27 15:03 Crimmi: You posted in my queue, is that correct?
2015-07-27 15:03 pinataman: yes indeed
2015-07-27 15:04 Crimmi: Alright do you mind if we go over your aesthetics in your two hardest maps via IRC?
2015-07-27 15:05 pinataman: oh absolutely, I'd love to. In fact if you have skype or team chat or some other talk decice i'd be interested in that
2015-07-27 15:06 Crimmi: ofc my skype is soyokaze_tsuki
2015-07-27 15:07 pinataman: ok gimme one sec
2015-07-27 15:07 Crimmi: But I wanted to explain more in game so it'll be easier to apply or deny any suggestions in real time.
2015-07-27 15:07 pinataman: oh okay that works then
2015-07-27 15:08 pinataman: then shall we start?
2015-07-27 15:08 Crimmi: Sure let me test it.
2015-07-27 15:09 Crimmi: Alrighty
2015-07-27 15:09 Crimmi: There are some instances that some objects are touching the HP bar.
2015-07-27 15:09 Crimmi: BUT.
2015-07-27 15:10 Crimmi: It might be my skin.
2015-07-27 15:11 pinataman: hmm might also be the resolution, go ahead and point out where you think they touch and i'll see if they overlap in lowest screen size on default skin
2015-07-27 15:13 Crimmi: 00:47:490 (4) - Here for example.
2015-07-27 15:14 Crimmi: 00:52:803 (1) - Here as well.
2015-07-27 15:14 Crimmi: But it's minor nitpicking on my part.
2015-07-27 15:15 pinataman: it looks fine on my end http://puu.sh/jf2DL/073b594302.jpg
2015-07-27 15:15 pinataman: but yah if this is still an issue because of custom skins I might try and change these throughout the mapsets
2015-07-27 15:15 Crimmi: Like I said, it could've been my skin xD
2015-07-27 15:15 pinataman: alrighty then
2015-07-27 15:17 Crimmi: 00:15:928 (2,3) - Maybe flip these two around, because to me (2) signifies a big jump while (3) doesn't.
2015-07-27 15:18 pinataman: 00:15:615 (1,2) - there is a fall in the singer's pitch, which to me is low energy, while 00:15:928 (2,3) - is a rise in the singer's pitch, which to me is higher energy. I kind of like the spacing as is
2015-07-27 15:20 Crimmi: Well I was following the male's vocals, in which he says "We are the. . ." So going on that I think where the jump would've made sense imo.
2015-07-27 15:20 Crimmi: And I am talking about the [Superman] difficulty by the way.
2015-07-27 15:22 pinataman: What makes you say the bigger jump should be at 00:15:615 (1,2) - instead of 00:15:928 (2,3) - ?
2015-07-27 15:23 Crimmi: Well I listened to it carefully a few times and when he says "We are the. . ." it'd make enough sense to place a jump there then after it falls to a smaller jump, at least is that what I had in my head.
2015-07-27 15:25 pinataman: hmm okay. In my head it should be the other way for the reasons as above, but I'm fine to agree to disagree
2015-07-27 15:26 Crimmi: 00:26:240 (5) - Suggestion --> http://puu.sh/jf3o7/16dbc4bfb5.jpg
2015-07-27 15:27 pinataman: yah that looks better I'll change that
2015-07-27 15:28 Crimmi: 00:35:459 (2,3,4,5) - Another suggestion. http://puu.sh/jf3yD/3b0cbfb647.jpg
2015-07-27 15:31 Crimmi: 00:57:178 (3) - Why is this slider more further than the others? You already have a good pattern with the three prior slider, why make that one a jump?
2015-07-27 15:31 pinataman: hmm. this is the part of aesthetics I don't like. You're pattern looks much better, but it kind of goes against the spacing I wanted. I think there is a square that preserves the spacing so I'll work on this one
2015-07-27 15:32 pinataman: i want the spacing at 00:56:865 (2,3) - to be big because the singer goes to a higher pitch. It feels like this gives this more energy, so having constant spacing feels too weak
2015-07-27 15:33 Crimmi: I see.
2015-07-27 15:36 Crimmi: 02:07:803 (1,3) - maybe fix these like how you had 02:08:115 (2,4)?
2015-07-27 15:38 pinataman: hmmm yah. I was going for the blanket, but that might not be better. I'll make a version of all being blanketed and all being symmetric and see which ones looks better, though i'm gussing it'll be the symmetric one
2015-07-27 15:39 Crimmi: That's all for [Superman].
2015-07-27 15:40 pinataman: okey dokey
2015-07-27 15:42 Crimmi: 00:53:115 (2,3,4,5,6) - Suggestion. http://puu.sh/jf4wg/b9402fe28b.jpg
2015-07-27 15:45 pinataman: I'm not too excited by this change. There's symmetry with what I have going on, but I could see making 00:53:115 (2,3,4) - more triangular could help. I'll play around with it
2015-07-27 15:46 Crimmi: Alright~
2015-07-27 15:47 Crimmi: 01:02:178 (3,4) - Make these similar to what I explained on [Superman].
2015-07-27 15:47 pinataman: yah that sounds good
2015-07-27 15:51 Crimmi: 01:19:365 (2) - I rather see this flipped down, imo.
2015-07-27 15:52 Crimmi: http://puu.sh/jf5h1/eb7751e8bb.jpg
2015-07-27 15:53 Crimmi: 01:28:428 (3) - Maybe move this to x:332|y:24 to keep the spacing consistent.
2015-07-27 15:56 Crimmi: 01:30:771 (3) - maybe Ctrl+G this slider?
2015-07-27 15:58 Crimmi: 01:40:459 (1,2,3,4,5) - These feel a bit cluttered to me tbh.
2015-07-27 15:59 pinataman: ah and i was so proud i didnt overlap there
2015-07-27 15:59 pinataman: yah thats a problem i don't know how to work around
2015-07-27 15:59 Crimmi: And that's about it I guess~
2015-07-27 16:00 pinataman: okay i have some questions
2015-07-27 16:00 pinataman: at 01:02:178 (3,4) - , does this look okay? http://puu.sh/jf5R8/77e9a52899.jpg
2015-07-27 16:01 pinataman: i didn't quite like the full symmetry because it put (5) in a weird spot
2015-07-27 16:02 Crimmi: (3,4) has a good flow there so it's ok.
2015-07-27 16:03 pinataman: ok for 01:40:459 (1,2,3,4,5) -
2015-07-27 16:04 pinataman: would you suggest using a different flow since the current flow doesn't work because clutter?
2015-07-27 16:04 pinataman: or is there something that I can do to keep the spirit of the flow while fixing the cluttered problem
2015-07-27 16:07 Crimmi: Well you can do similar like 02:06:709 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
2015-07-27 16:07 Crimmi: or make a star pattern.
2015-07-27 16:11 pinataman: hmmm okay. Well you've given me a lot to think about, so I'll see what I can do about all of these and respond on the forum thread
2015-07-27 16:12 pinataman: thanks for the help!
2015-07-27 16:12 Crimmi: np
Topic Starter
Grrum

Crimmi wrote:

IRC Mod for Superman & Insane
2015-07-27 15:02 Crimmi: Hello.
2015-07-27 15:03 Crimmi: You posted in my queue, is that correct?
2015-07-27 15:03 pinataman: yes indeed
2015-07-27 15:04 Crimmi: Alright do you mind if we go over your aesthetics in your two hardest maps via IRC?
2015-07-27 15:05 pinataman: oh absolutely, I'd love to. In fact if you have skype or team chat or some other talk decice i'd be interested in that
2015-07-27 15:06 Crimmi: ofc my skype is soyokaze_tsuki
2015-07-27 15:07 pinataman: ok gimme one sec
2015-07-27 15:07 Crimmi: But I wanted to explain more in game so it'll be easier to apply or deny any suggestions in real time.
2015-07-27 15:07 pinataman: oh okay that works then
2015-07-27 15:08 pinataman: then shall we start?
2015-07-27 15:08 Crimmi: Sure let me test it.
2015-07-27 15:09 Crimmi: Alrighty
2015-07-27 15:09 Crimmi: There are some instances that some objects are touching the HP bar.
2015-07-27 15:09 Crimmi: BUT.
2015-07-27 15:10 Crimmi: It might be my skin.
2015-07-27 15:11 pinataman: hmm might also be the resolution, go ahead and point out where you think they touch and i'll see if they overlap in lowest screen size on default skin
2015-07-27 15:13 Crimmi: 00:47:490 (4) - Here for example.
2015-07-27 15:14 Crimmi: 00:52:803 (1) - Here as well.
2015-07-27 15:14 Crimmi: But it's minor nitpicking on my part.
2015-07-27 15:15 pinataman: it looks fine on my end http://puu.sh/jf2DL/073b594302.jpg
2015-07-27 15:15 pinataman: but yah if this is still an issue because of custom skins I might try and change these throughout the mapsets
2015-07-27 15:15 Crimmi: Like I said, it could've been my skin xD
2015-07-27 15:15 pinataman: alrighty then
2015-07-27 15:17 Crimmi: 00:15:928 (2,3) - Maybe flip these two around, because to me (2) signifies a big jump while (3) doesn't.
2015-07-27 15:18 pinataman: 00:15:615 (1,2) - there is a fall in the singer's pitch, which to me is low energy, while 00:15:928 (2,3) - is a rise in the singer's pitch, which to me is higher energy. I kind of like the spacing as is
2015-07-27 15:20 Crimmi: Well I was following the male's vocals, in which he says "We are the. . ." So going on that I think where the jump would've made sense imo.
2015-07-27 15:20 Crimmi: And I am talking about the [Superman] difficulty by the way.
2015-07-27 15:22 pinataman: What makes you say the bigger jump should be at 00:15:615 (1,2) - instead of 00:15:928 (2,3) - ?
2015-07-27 15:23 Crimmi: Well I listened to it carefully a few times and when he says "We are the. . ." it'd make enough sense to place a jump there then after it falls to a smaller jump, at least is that what I had in my head.
2015-07-27 15:25 pinataman: hmm okay. In my head it should be the other way for the reasons as above, but I'm fine to agree to disagree
2015-07-27 15:26 Crimmi: 00:26:240 (5) - Suggestion --> http://puu.sh/jf3o7/16dbc4bfb5.jpg
2015-07-27 15:27 pinataman: yah that looks better I'll change that -- After testing, I didn't like the flow by making the full symmetrical, so I made the distance at 00:25:928 (4,6) - be the same as 00:25:928 (4,5) - so the design looks better while still retaining the intended flow
2015-07-27 15:28 Crimmi: 00:35:459 (2,3,4,5) - Another suggestion. http://puu.sh/jf3yD/3b0cbfb647.jpg -- I couldn't get the square to work, but I changed the spacing around and it looks much less randomly placed
2015-07-27 15:31 Crimmi: 00:57:178 (3) - Why is this slider more further than the others? You already have a good pattern with the three prior slider, why make that one a jump?
2015-07-27 15:31 pinataman: hmm. this is the part of aesthetics I don't like. You're pattern looks much better, but it kind of goes against the spacing I wanted. I think there is a square that preserves the spacing so I'll work on this one
2015-07-27 15:32 pinataman: i want the spacing at 00:56:865 (2,3) - to be big because the singer goes to a higher pitch. It feels like this gives this more energy, so having constant spacing feels too weak
2015-07-27 15:33 Crimmi: I see.
2015-07-27 15:36 Crimmi: 02:07:803 (1,3) - maybe fix these like how you had 02:08:115 (2,4)? -- looks much better now
2015-07-27 15:38 pinataman: hmmm yah. I was going for the blanket, but that might not be better. I'll make a version of all being blanketed and all being symmetric and see which ones looks better, though i'm gussing it'll be the symmetric one
2015-07-27 15:39 Crimmi: That's all for [Superman].
2015-07-27 15:40 pinataman: okey dokey
2015-07-27 15:42 Crimmi: 00:53:115 (2,3,4,5,6) - Suggestion. http://puu.sh/jf4wg/b9402fe28b.jpg -- I don't really think there's that big a difference here, but I'm going with it for now. I'll ask more people and might change back though
2015-07-27 15:45 pinataman: I'm not too excited by this change. There's symmetry with what I have going on, but I could see making 00:53:115 (2,3,4) - more triangular could help. I'll play around with it
2015-07-27 15:46 Crimmi: Alright~
2015-07-27 15:47 Crimmi: 01:02:178 (3,4) - Make these similar to what I explained on [Superman]. -- I made them symmetrical but not along a 45 degree axis
2015-07-27 15:47 pinataman: yah that sounds good
2015-07-27 15:51 Crimmi: 01:19:365 (2) - I rather see this flipped down, imo. -- I think its fine
2015-07-27 15:52 Crimmi: http://puu.sh/jf5h1/eb7751e8bb.jpg
2015-07-27 15:53 Crimmi: 01:28:428 (3) - Maybe move this to x:332|y:24 to keep the spacing consistent. -- I think the design is going to be more noticeable than the spacing, so even though the spacing becomes a tiny bit weaker, I like it
2015-07-27 15:56 Crimmi: 01:30:771 (3) - maybe Ctrl+G this slider? -- This would set up a way for 01:30:615 (2) - to not overlap, but I can't let go of this flow since I like the diagonal it makes
2015-07-27 15:58 Crimmi: 01:40:459 (1,2,3,4,5) - These feel a bit cluttered to me tbh. -- again, I think the spacing here is weaker now, but the design is much stronger
2015-07-27 15:59 pinataman: ah and i was so proud i didnt overlap there
2015-07-27 15:59 pinataman: yah thats a problem i don't know how to work around
2015-07-27 15:59 Crimmi: And that's about it I guess~
2015-07-27 16:00 pinataman: okay i have some questions
2015-07-27 16:00 pinataman: at 01:02:178 (3,4) - , does this look okay? http://puu.sh/jf5R8/77e9a52899.jpg
2015-07-27 16:01 pinataman: i didn't quite like the full symmetry because it put (5) in a weird spot
2015-07-27 16:02 Crimmi: (3,4) has a good flow there so it's ok.
2015-07-27 16:03 pinataman: ok for 01:40:459 (1,2,3,4,5) -
2015-07-27 16:04 pinataman: would you suggest using a different flow since the current flow doesn't work because clutter?
2015-07-27 16:04 pinataman: or is there something that I can do to keep the spirit of the flow while fixing the cluttered problem
2015-07-27 16:07 Crimmi: Well you can do similar like 02:06:709 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -
2015-07-27 16:07 Crimmi: or make a star pattern.
2015-07-27 16:11 pinataman: hmmm okay. Well you've given me a lot to think about, so I'll see what I can do about all of these and respond on the forum thread
2015-07-27 16:12 pinataman: thanks for the help!
2015-07-27 16:12 Crimmi: np
Thanks again for the mod!
Monstrata
[Superman]

1. 00:08:428 (3,4,5) - Would be nice to create a jump from 4>5 because theres a clear drum beat + vocal on that note, yet it's not emphasized because everything is the same DS.
  2. 00:11:396 (3) - 1/2 slider better imo cuz theres still a feint drum on 00:11:553 - .
  3. 00:12:803 (1,2,3,4,5) - It's strange that you'd have DS progressively go lower and lower even though theres a pitch increase leading up to 5.
  4. 00:17:802 (1,2,3,4) - This spacing is rather misleading... 1/2 and 1/1 gaps both mapped to similar visual spacing.
  5. 00:17:959 (2,5) - Seems like a misplaced stack here.
  6. 00:20:303 (1,2) - The gap between these two sliders is quite awkward. 00:21:240 - There's a note here if you want to map a circle.
  7. 00:44:834 (1,2,3) - Linear jumps aren't good for emphasis because theres no change in angle to allow players to snap... Do something like 00:49:834 (1,2,3) - .
  8. 00:51:553 (1) - Felt random lol.
  9. 02:11:084 (1,2,3) - Same thing about linear jumps earlier :P.
  10. 02:14:990 (6) - Circle and then triplet would be better here.. You can clearly hear triplets on 02:15:146 - .

You ignore a looot of 1/4 rhythm here which is weird. Examples: 01:33:974 - 01:36:474 - 01:38:974 - 01:40:224 - 01:41:474 - .
[Insane]

1. 00:23:740 (5,6) - Could put a slight jump here too, since it's the same emphasis as 00:24:365 (7,8) - and 9>10. Also you did it on 00:26:240 (5,6) - .
  2. 00:28:115 (2,3) - How come you stop using the jumps here though? You don't have to drop back to standard DS just because the rhythm is slightly different. Players will still appreciate the jumps.
  3. 00:29:365 (4,5) - ^
  4. 00:35:615 (3,4,5,6) - This arrangement is too linear for me ;c.
  5. 00:38:740 (4,5) - Larger jump? It's not very noticeable
  6. 00:45:303 - Nothing here?
  7. 00:50:303 - ^ Theres a very obvious beat there...
  8. 00:53:740 (6) - Tbh i'd make this 1/2 just so you can map a circle onto 00:54:053 - and have the NC begin where its supposed to begin and not on a redtick.
  9. 01:26:553 - :P.
[Hard]

1. AR 7.5 at least xPP. Current AR makes the screen really busy cuz of the high BPM.
  2. 00:27:803 (1) - For stronger beats like this, making a slider straight rather than curved can also help with emphasis because straight lines are just stronger than curved.
  3. 00:44:521 (6) - Shorten this to 1/2 imo... and have a circle at 00:44:834 - . It's just much more consistent with your pattern.
  4. 01:38:115 (6,8) - This is rather confusing to read... 01:39:052 (1,3) - Stuff like this is much better because the head will be visible even if the tail isnt.
Rhythm was quite repetitive even for me xPP. Something I like to do is change up the way 1/1 rhythms play. Like instead of 1/1 sliders try substituting for 1/2 repeats and vice versa, that way on different verses/choruses, even though the sections have the same rhythm (in terms of clicks) they will play differently.

[Normal]

1. 00:14:209 (5,6) - Ctrl+G'ing this rhythm plays better imo. Having a circle on 00:14:209 - would echo 00:12:803 (1,2) - nicely.
  2. 00:30:303 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This rhythm just feels really weird to play xPP. Making 00:32:021 (4,5) - a 1/1 slider would be better imo cuz clicking on 00:32:334 - when the vocal is like fading out just feels weird... Like, what you did with 00:13:428 (3,4) - just felt really nice.
  3. 00:34:053 (4,5,6,7) - Yea here too, the rhythm is so different even though in the song its a very straight-forward 3/2 rhythm with emphasis (translated into clicks since this is Normal) only occuring on 00:34:053 - 00:34:521 - 00:34:990 - .
  4. 00:44:990 (4,5) - How about a 1/2 repeat slider?
  5. 01:05:303 (3,4,5) - Yeaaaa this rhythm is nice. Yea it repeats itself but it's much more straightfoward and less awkward. Potential alternatives are maybe making 01:06:240 (5) - two circles instead so the click on 01:06:553 - occurs after the 3/2 rhythm has finished.
  6. 01:40:615 (4,5) - Ctrl+G'ing this would fit the lyrics better, i mean, repeat beginning on 01:40:928 - sounds good to me anyways.
[Easy]

1. 00:17:490 - Could map this tbh.
  2. 00:19:990 - ^ Intro just seems really empty for me.
  3. 00:36:240 (3) - This skips out a lot of the music...
Other than that, good diff.

good luck!
Topic Starter
Grrum

monstrata wrote:

[Superman]

1. 00:08:428 (3,4,5) - Would be nice to create a jump from 4>5 because theres a clear drum beat + vocal on that note, yet it's not emphasized because everything is the same DS. – this is still a low intensity section of the map though, so having a non-constant DS seems to give too much emphasis to this section. I could be comfortable with a jump from 1.2x to 1.3x, which I'll do, but I don't think it's really where you wanted it to be.
  2. 00:11:396 (3) - 1/2 slider better imo cuz theres still a feint drum on 00:11:553 - . – I prefer just a circle here
  3. 00:12:803 (1,2,3,4,5) - It's strange that you'd have DS progressively go lower and lower even though theres a pitch increase leading up to 5. – The idea was that 1.2x distance in 1/1 time has around the same intensity as 1.0x distance in ½ time. What I had was too low, but I still think this concept applies, so I made the distance go up at 00:13:740 (4,5) – from 1.5 to 1.75
  4. 00:17:802 (1,2,3,4) - This spacing is rather misleading... 1/2 and 1/1 gaps both mapped to similar visual spacing. – Moved 00:18:115 (3) – to the slider end of 00:17:021 (5) – to reduce spacing and look better.
  5. 00:17:959 (2,5) - Seems like a misplaced stack here. – fixed
  6. 00:20:303 (1,2) - The gap between these two sliders is quite awkward. 00:21:240 - There's a note here if you want to map a circle. – I'd prefer not to.
  7. 00:44:834 (1,2,3) - Linear jumps aren't good for emphasis because theres no change in angle to allow players to snap... Do something like 00:49:834 (1,2,3) - .
    It is exactly because there is no change in angle that gives linear flow emphasis. Linear flow is like a strong stroke of the brush on a grand mural, it's like a defiant and triumphant karate chop, and it can give the player a sense of freedom by continuing the strong flow it started with instead of being just another triangle. I will concede though the spacing here could be slightly bigger here.
  8. 00:51:553 (1) - Felt random lol. – Good :P
  9. 02:11:084 (1,2,3) - Same thing about linear jumps earlier :P.
  10. 02:14:990 (6) - Circle and then triplet would be better here.. You can clearly hear triplets on 02:15:146 - . – If I don't make the changes below, then the triple seems out of place. Even if that wasn't relevant, I like the long slider to give a moment of rest between the two larger jump sections, and the rhythm can be justified by the singer.

You ignore a looot of 1/4 rhythm here which is weird. Examples: 01:33:974 - 01:36:474 - 01:38:974 - 01:40:224 - 01:41:474 - .
The intention of the map is to assume the perspective of the singer and follow that rhythm. Adding ¼ triples like these brings something to the map that clashes with that perspective and takes away the expression that map is trying to produce rather than filling in for something that the singer lacks. If you can show me that using a strictly-singer perspective produces a strictly lower quality map then I would add these, but that is a huge claim to make on a mostly subjective issue without a thorough explanation.
There's also ¼ at 01:34:599 (4) - , and 01:35:537 (2) - , and 01:36:162 (7) - . Do we map all of these triples? That's an option, but that ignores the melody completely which is not where I want to take this map. So if I were to add triples, how do we determine when to switch from the main melody to this beat, or from the beat to the main melody? I would guess that it would be when this beat is stronger than the main melody, you map it. How do we determine when it is stronger? I don't have an answer for this, so I'm just going to say that it is stronger when it feels stronger. I think the way I mapped it is a reflection of where I think it is stronger; that is to say:

TL;DR: I think this ¼ beat is completely background and is never strong enough for me to map it over maintaining the main melody.

[Insane]

1. 00:23:740 (5,6) - Could put a slight jump here too, since it's the same emphasis as 00:24:365 (7,8) - and 9>10. Also you did it on 00:26:240 (5,6) - .
  2. 00:28:115 (2,3) - How come you stop using the jumps here though? You don't have to drop back to standard DS just because the rhythm is slightly different. Players will still appreciate the jumps. – I'm a dolt. Fixed all these.
  3. 00:29:365 (4,5) - ^
  4. 00:35:615 (3,4,5,6) - This arrangement is too linear for me ;c. – ehh. I like them
  5. 00:38:740 (4,5) - Larger jump? It's not very noticeable – okay
  6. 00:45:303 - Nothing here? – The idea is to emphasize the singer on 00:44:834 (1,2,3) - . Using this perspective to measure intensity, this is a rest here, and I think putting nothing here is valid. I like the rhythm in Superman though, so what I can concede to is that the last chorus has picked up enough that (3) in 02:06:084 (1,2,3) – can be made into a slider to pick up that beat.
  7. 00:50:303 - ^ Theres a very obvious beat there...
  8. 00:53:740 (6) - Tbh i'd make this 1/2 just so you can map a circle onto 00:54:053 - and have the NC begin where its supposed to begin and not on a redtick. – I prefer the slider
  9. 01:26:553 - :P.
[Hard]

1. AR 7.5 at least xPP. Current AR makes the screen really busy cuz of the high BPM. – Made it 7.2 since I think 7.5 is a little too high
  2. 00:27:803 (1) - For stronger beats like this, making a slider straight rather than curved can also help with emphasis because straight lines are just stronger than curved. – and you can't appreciate the linear flow in Superman? Alright, fine. Here I think the linear flow fits better with the horn but the curve fits better with the bass. It's kind of a toss up because I think both are fine, but I'll go with the linear.
  3. 00:44:521 (6) - Shorten this to 1/2 imo... and have a circle at 00:44:834 - . It's just much more consistent with your pattern. – agreed
  4. 01:38:115 (6,8) - This is rather confusing to read... 01:39:052 (1,3) - Stuff like this is much better because the head will be visible even if the tail isnt. – yeah you're right
Rhythm was quite repetitive even for me xPP. Something I like to do is change up the way 1/1 rhythms play. Like instead of 1/1 sliders try substituting for 1/2 repeats and vice versa, that way on different verses/choruses, even though the sections have the same rhythm (in terms of clicks) they will play differently. – I don't know if this is a big enough issue for me to change it. I mean the map does feel rhythmically repetitive, but that's because of the ½ slider spam. If I were to try to fix this repetitiveness, I should try to find places to include better breaks or long sliders, but sometimes that doesn't feel intense enough for the map and it feels more of the nature of the song/difficulty to be this spammy. Changing 1/1 sliders to repeats and vice-versa isn't really addressing that, and what you call repetitive between choruses I can call consistent.

[Normal]

I wasn't excited by any of these rhythm changes, but I'm very tired so I'll try to look at them again in the future.

1. 00:14:209 (5,6) - Ctrl+G'ing this rhythm plays better imo. Having a circle on 00:14:209 - would echo 00:12:803 (1,2) - nicely.
  2. 00:30:303 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This rhythm just feels really weird to play xPP. Making 00:32:021 (4,5) - a 1/1 slider would be better imo cuz clicking on 00:32:334 - when the vocal is like fading out just feels weird... Like, what you did with 00:13:428 (3,4) - just felt really nice.
  3. 00:34:053 (4,5,6,7) - Yea here too, the rhythm is so different even though in the song its a very straight-forward 3/2 rhythm with emphasis (translated into clicks since this is Normal) only occuring on 00:34:053 - 00:34:521 - 00:34:990 - .
  4. 00:44:990 (4,5) - How about a 1/2 repeat slider?
  5. 01:05:303 (3,4,5) - Yeaaaa this rhythm is nice. Yea it repeats itself but it's much more straightfoward and less awkward. Potential alternatives are maybe making 01:06:240 (5) - two circles instead so the click on 01:06:553 - occurs after the 3/2 rhythm has finished.
  6. 01:40:615 (4,5) - Ctrl+G'ing this would fit the lyrics better, i mean, repeat beginning on 01:40:928 - sounds good to me anyways.
[Easy]

1. 00:17:490 - Could map this tbh.
  2. 00:19:990 - ^ Intro just seems really empty for me. – It's intended to feel under mapped since it is a low intensity intro.
  3. 00:36:240 (3) - This skips out a lot of the music... – I guess it's not bad.... sure, changed
Other than that, good diff.

good luck!
Natsu
Hi

General:

1. there is an unused osb in your folder
  2. its the background related to the song? o.o
Superman:

1. 00:07:490 (4,5,6,7,1) - stream shape looks a bit ugly, like a hand made one, probably will be cool if you change this to something like: 00:17:490 (6,7,8,9,1) - or a normal one instead
  2. 00:09:521 (6,7) - 00:08:428 (3,5) - blankets are really bad done, use the approach circle of previous or next object to improve them pls, actually is not nice to watch
  3. 00:11:396 (3,4) - there is a polarity issue, you can easily fix by adding a circle at 00:11:553 - or making 00:11:396 (3) - a slider ending at 00:11:396 (3) - as well
  4. 00:19:521 (7,8) - same blanket problems, this can be a minor issue, but it does affect your map design alot, so will be nice if you can check them in the whole diff
  5. 00:21:553 ignoring at important beat in the song at the higher diff isn't nice, if you are following vocals add atleast a 1/2 slider and then a circle will represent better the song
  6. 00:24:053 (6,7) - bad blanket, also 00:24:365 (7,8) - this is too close and doesn't look nice in game add some more spacing between them, also lol 00:24:521 (8,9,10) - maybe will look better if the symmetry is related to the playfield (grid center)
  7. 00:30:303 (1) - ctrl G play alot better, since it follows a natural movement with previous and next object
  8. 00:42:803 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6) - etc btw this is my main problem with this diff, you were using 2 stanzas (big white ticks) for every NC then you started to use 1 here and seems really inconsistent for me :(
  9. 00:51:553 (1) - 02:12:803 (1) - this looks really bad tbh x,x, this looks alot better: 01:32:803 (1) -
  10. 01:16:865 (3,4,5) - flow is really broken here atm and is really not nice to play, maybe you can rearrange the pattern so the sliders doesn't feel forced
  11. 01:59:365 (2,3) - again generally this slider placement don't play nice and do force the player to do a really bad cursor movement to archivie the pattern
  12. add a spinner to the end to have variable scores
  13. I think rhythm is mostly fine, but the flow can be improved alot IMO
Insane:

1. AR 8,5 is better if you do also raise OD to 7,5
  2. Flow is alot better at this diff
  3. 00:22:802 (1,2,3) - spacing its too short and feel a bit weird to play, also those drum sounds suggest me to jump not to varely move :c, the spacing that you use at 00:24:053 (6,7,8,9,10) - looks alot better tbh
  4. 00:44:834 (1,2,3) - a perfect line will looks better
  5. 00:49:053 (1,2,3) - interesting
  6. 00:49:834 (1,2) - a bit forced cursor movement I'll probably make a perfect triangle with 3 and then ctrl g 2 and 3
  7. 01:32:803 (1) - tbh this slider looks really bad, you can improve the shape like alot
  8. 02:02:959 (2,4) - too close >;
  9. 02:06:396 (3) - why did you use a slider here? but all the previous similar parts have a single circle + 1/2 break, I don't mind if is a slider or a circle, but consistency is always good
Hard:

1. 00:07:490 (5,1,2) - looks fine, but the transition between 1 and 2 is not fun, I mean back it to the slider tail is not comfortable, maybe ctrlg 2 and 3 flow alot more natural
  2. 00:14:990 (8,2) - blanket can be improved alot, use the approach circle to improve it
  3. 01:25:302 (5,1) - try to avoid overlap
  4. 02:06:240 (1,2) - why is different from previous rhythm where the ohhh ohhhh ohh or w/e was being followed by 3 hits, well maybe its fine, but consistency always good

mm gonna leave general comments instead of poiting thing by thing:

1. Superman diff and Insane have some sections with really bad flow IMO, but I notice that you have problems when using slider patterns, they tend to overlap or flow bad, I think you really need to rearrange alot of patterns in both diffs
  2. Hard diff can be less dense and use more circles instead of sliders, actually looks like slider fest (nothing wrong with it), but as you know sliders don't bring a rhythm challenge, like circles do
  3. Hard, Normal and Easy this diffs are basically fine, but they are mapped mostly with spacing, mm how to explain like you are not doing patterns, just putting objects where the distance allow you to, I'll like to see this diffs with a better design, Easy diff is mostly fine, Normal really lack structure and patterns, Hard use too much sliders and little circles also lack patterns
Anyways that's my personal opinion, you can ask more people about this, anyways GL with this :)
Silverboxer
Hi sorry I never noticed this, but for offset I get 5315. Does anyone else think this fits better than 5303?
FCL
M4M

• [General]
  1. Delete osb

• [Easy]
  1. 00:08:428 (1,2) - I do not like the direction of flow here. do something like this 00:06:552 (2,3) -
  2. 00:20:303 (1,2,3) - (3) it is much more than (2) from (3), fix it
  3. 00:29:365 (4,1) - it is evident that the blanket is to be much better
  4. 01:10:303 (3,4) - there is no sense in such a rhythm here, do the same as you did before
  5. 01:11:240 (4,1,2) - curved flow here would be better, imo
  6. 01:27:803 (3,4) - I see no reason to do such a flow

• [Normal]
  1. 00:38:896 (3,2) - suggest stack
  2. 00:42:803 (8,3) - Try to avoid this overlap
  3. 01:18:740 (7,3) - ^
  4. 01:57:959 (4) - move on x=276
  5. 02:11:240 (5,6) - I see no reason to do such a flow
  6. 02:17:178 (2,2) - stack?

• [Hard]
  1. AR 7.2 a few, change on 8
  2. 00:47:178 (7) - suggest move on 244;140 for stack. it really looks good
  3. 00:57:490 (7,4) - stack end (4) with (7)
  4. 01:05:302 (4,5) - u can make this blanket better
  5. 01:16:865 (2,4) - stack (4) with end (2)
  6. 01:16:865 (2,5) - fix overlap
  7. 01:26:240 (1) - suggest stack with end 01:25:302 (5) -
  8. 02:19:053 (1,2) - I think that these patterns should be similar to 02:17:803 (1,2) -

• [Insane]
  1. AR 8.3 a few too, change on 8.7-9
  2. 00:05:615 (1) - place in the center for symmetry
  3. 00:35:303 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This combo is too long. Suggest Nc on 00:36:240 (6) -
  4. 00:43:740 (6,3) - stack with end
  5. 00:49:053 (1,3) - Why do you use these forms here? they do not interact with other patterns
  6. 00:51:553 (1) - interesting shape, but it does not make sense
  7. 01:12:959 (6) - missing whistle on head
  8. 01:27:177 (4,2) - stack with tail
  9. 01:57:490 (4,4) - stack?
  10. 02:03:740 (5) - remove whistle on tail
  11. 02:12:803 (1) - ^^^^

• [Superman]
  1. I really can not understand why you use such a small ar
  2. 00:35:459 (2,7) - avoid this overlap
  3. 00:36:240 (6) - suggest Nc
  4. 00:51:553 (1) - more I will not paying attention to this form, but you know, I think there is no need for this
  5. 01:12:959 (6) - miss whistle
  6. 01:22:959 (6) - need NC there
  7. 02:03:897 (7,6) - suggest stack
  8. 02:20:303 (1) - wow, great job

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Grrum

Natsu wrote:

Hi

General:

1. there is an unused osb in your folder -- fixed
  2. its the background related to the song? o.o -- it looks like fantasy and cartoons are fantasy? but no there is no direct relationship
Superman:

1. 00:07:490 (4,5,6,7,1) - stream shape looks a bit ugly, like a hand made one, probably will be cool if you change this to something like: 00:17:490 (6,7,8,9,1) - or a normal one instead -- I mean, this pattern is a bent slider that was converted to a stream, which is a pattern that is used in ranked maps (ex: nogard's https://osu.ppy.sh/b/705091), but I'll change it because I also can't give you a reason why to differ from the norm here.
  2. 00:09:521 (6,7) - 00:08:428 (3,5) - blankets are really bad done, use the approach circle of previous or next object to improve them pls, actually is not nice to watch -- fixed
  3. 00:11:396 (3,4) - there is a polarity issue, you can easily fix by adding a circle at 00:11:553 - or making 00:11:396 (3) - a slider ending at 00:11:396 (3) - as well -- I don't think it's that big an issue and a slider sounds worse
  4. 00:19:521 (7,8) - same blanket problems, this can be a minor issue, but it does affect your map design alot, so will be nice if you can check them in the whole diff -- fixed
  5. 00:21:553 ignoring at important beat in the song at the higher diff isn't nice, if you are following vocals add atleast a 1/2 slider and then a circle will represent better the song -- I'm going to stop being stubborn and change the rhythm of this part
  6. 00:24:053 (6,7) - bad blanket, also 00:24:365 (7,8) - this is too close and doesn't look nice in game add some more spacing between them, also lol 00:24:521 (8,9,10) - maybe will look better if the symmetry is related to the playfield (grid center) -- fixed the spacing between 6 and 8, the rest I don't care about
  7. 00:30:303 (1) - ctrl G play alot better, since it follows a natural movement with previous and next object -- normally i wound rant about how my interpretation of flow is justified, but I'm going to save both of us the time by just saying i disagree and if you want to know why ask me
  8. 00:42:803 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6) - etc btw this is my main problem with this diff, you were using 2 stanzas (big white ticks) for every NC then you started to use 1 here and seems really inconsistent for me :( -- The idea behind it is pacing. This sections is stronger here, so the NC being more frequent helps show intensity. Also NC means so little to me that if this is the biggest problem, then I feel very good about my map
  9. 00:51:553 (1) - 02:12:803 (1) - this looks really bad tbh x,x, this looks alot better: 01:32:803 (1) - -- I wish there were a way to make this work, but it seems it's not accepted well. fixed
  10. 01:16:865 (3,4,5) - flow is really broken here atm and is really not nice to play, maybe you can rearrange the pattern so the sliders doesn't feel forced
  11. 01:59:365 (2,3) - again generally this slider placement don't play nice and do force the player to do a really bad cursor movement to archivie the pattern
  12. add a spinner to the end to have variable scores -- no
  13. I think rhythm is mostly fine, but the flow can be improved alot IMO -- sorry you didn't like it. I can see how some areas "aren't natural" in that the angle is a little odd, but the mentioned areas of "broken" and "forced" flow don't feel that way to me, and I think this is the way the map should flow.
Insane:

1. AR 8,5 is better if you do also raise OD to 7,5 -- fixed
  2. Flow is alot better at this diff
  3. 00:22:802 (1,2,3) - spacing its too short and feel a bit weird to play, also those drum sounds suggest me to jump not to varely move :c, the spacing that you use at 00:24:053 (6,7,8,9,10) - looks alot better tbh -- I had this until someone said I should make constant DS. added a jump
  4. 00:44:834 (1,2,3) - a perfect line will looks better -- fixed
  5. 00:49:053 (1,2,3) - interesting
  6. 00:49:834 (1,2) - a bit forced cursor movement I'll probably make a perfect triangle with 3 and then ctrl g 2 and 3 -- disagree
  7. 01:32:803 (1) - tbh this slider looks really bad, you can improve the shape like alot -- fixed
  8. 02:02:959 (2,4) - too close >; -- fixed
  9. 02:06:396 (3) - why did you use a slider here? but all the previous similar parts have a single circle + 1/2 break, I don't mind if is a slider or a circle, but consistency is always good -- Pacing. The last kiai is the strongest, so including a stronger rhythm with the slider reflects that a little
Hard:

1. 00:07:490 (5,1,2) - looks fine, but the transition between 1 and 2 is not fun, I mean back it to the slider tail is not comfortable, maybe ctrlg 2 and 3 flow alot more natural -- sure
  2. 00:14:990 (8,2) - blanket can be improved alot, use the approach circle to improve it -- fixed
  3. 01:25:302 (5,1) - try to avoid overlap -- fixed
  4. 02:06:240 (1,2) - why is different from previous rhythm where the ohhh ohhhh ohh or w/e was being followed by 3 hits, well maybe its fine, but consistency always good -- fixed

mm gonna leave general comments instead of poiting thing by thing:

1. Superman diff and Insane have some sections with really bad flow IMO, but I notice that you have problems when using slider patterns, they tend to overlap or flow bad, I think you really need to rearrange alot of patterns in both diffs
  2. Hard diff can be less dense and use more circles instead of sliders, actually looks like slider fest (nothing wrong with it), but as you know sliders don't bring a rhythm challenge, like circles do -- I agree but it's hard to see where to add them. I did changed it a little bit
  3. Hard, Normal and Easy this diffs are basically fine, but they are mapped mostly with spacing, mm how to explain like you are not doing patterns, just putting objects where the distance allow you to, I'll like to see this diffs with a better design, Easy diff is mostly fine, Normal really lack structure and patterns, Hard use too much sliders and little circles also lack patterns -- I agree with all this but I'm lazy. In the future I'll stick to more structured patterns instead of going with the distance
Anyways that's my personal opinion, you can ask more people about this, anyways GL with this :)

Silverboxer wrote:

Hi sorry I never noticed this, but for offset I get 5315. Does anyone else think this fits better than 5303?
Agreed, but I changed the bpm as well to 192.008 because the later notes felt off.

FCL wrote:

M4M

• [General]
  1. Delete osb-- fixed

• [Easy]
  1. 00:08:428 (1,2) - I do not like the direction of flow here. do something like this 00:06:552 (2,3) - kept
  2. 00:20:303 (1,2,3) - (3) it is much more than (2) from (3), fix it -- fixed
  3. 00:29:365 (4,1) - it is evident that the blanket is to be much better -- not going for blanket. look at the note that follows after it to see the structure of the pattern
  4. 01:10:303 (3,4) - there is no sense in such a rhythm here, do the same as you did before -- I think you're right but I like that the rhythm is different to transition into the next section (but really I'm lazy)
  5. 01:11:240 (4,1,2) - curved flow here would be better, imo -- disagree
  6. 01:27:803 (3,4) - I see no reason to do such a flow -- smoothed it out but kept the flow

• [Normal]
  1. 00:38:896 (3,2) - suggest stack-- fixed
  2. 00:42:803 (8,3) - Try to avoid this overlap -- View --> hit animations on. This isn't a problem
  3. 01:18:740 (7,3) - ^
  4. 01:57:959 (4) - move on x=276 -- fixed
  5. 02:11:240 (5,6) - I see no reason to do such a flow -- I don't see the reason to not do it, and I like the subtle change to go with the strong lyrics
  6. 02:17:178 (2,2) - stack?-- fixed

• [Hard]
  1. AR 7.2 a few, change on 8 -- 7.5
  2. 00:47:178 (7) - suggest move on 244;140 for stack. it really looks good
  3. 00:57:490 (7,4) - stack end (4) with (7)-- fixed
  4. 01:05:302 (4,5) - u can make this blanket better
  5. 01:16:865 (2,4) - stack (4) with end (2) -- They are stacked better as is for readability
  6. 01:16:865 (2,5) - fix overlap-- fixed
  7. 01:26:240 (1) - suggest stack with end 01:25:302 (5) - fixed
  8. 02:19:053 (1,2) - I think that these patterns should be similar to 02:17:803 (1,2) - good idea!

• [Insane]
  1. AR 8.3 a few too, change on 8.7-9 -- 8.5
  2. 00:05:615 (1) - place in the center for symmetry -- angled it so I don't have to
  3. 00:35:303 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This combo is too long. Suggest Nc on 00:36:240 (6) - no
  4. 00:43:740 (6,3) - stack with end --it's fine
  5. 00:49:053 (1,3) - Why do you use these forms here? they do not interact with other patterns -- I think the express the song well
  6. 00:51:553 (1) - interesting shape, but it does not make sense -- goes with the falsetto
  7. 01:12:959 (6) - missing whistle on head -- that would be too much whistle spam
  8. 01:27:177 (4,2) - stack with tail
  9. 01:57:490 (4,4) - stack?
  10. 02:03:740 (5) - remove whistle on tail -- I like it as is
  11. 02:12:803 (1) - ^^^^

• [Superman]
  1. I really can not understand why you use such a small ar -- Little told me to
    disagree with all of these
  2. 00:35:459 (2,7) - avoid this overlap
  3. 00:36:240 (6) - suggest Nc
  4. 00:51:553 (1) - more I will not paying attention to this form, but you know, I think there is no need for this
  5. 01:12:959 (6) - miss whistle
  6. 01:22:959 (6) - need NC there
  7. 02:03:897 (7,6) - suggest stack
  8. 02:20:303 (1) - wow, great job -- thanks

Good luck!
Thanks for the mods!!
Xelasto
Incoming mod from the Gentleman's Modding Queue! :)

Normal
Approach Rate: 4

00:06:564 (2) - Curve this ever so slightly more. I know. It's very unimportant.
00:10:939 (3,4,5,6) - Looks rather sloppy, and I think a lot of noobs who play normal modes would freak out at this.
00:16:564 (2) - Bend more
00:28:907 (4) - The farther end of this is too long, balance it out more.
00:35:001 (7) - This curves upwards towards 4 rather than alongside it.
00:35:626 (1,2) - Are you SURE things like this are do-able by normal mode players?
00:42:813 (8,3) - Overlapping. Raise 8 more
00:49:531 (4,5,6) - This dips down rather than naturally decaying downwards.
00:56:562 (3,4,5,6) - This seems a rather random pattern. What about this?
01:00:312 (1,2) - These sliders are awkwardly hugging each other, like when you meet that person that likes you but you don't want to hug them, so you awkwardly do this shimmy thing. Know what I'm talking about? XD
01:01:562 (3,4,5,6,7) - Why not drag 7 down to make a star?
01:05:312 (3,4,5) - Drag 4 and 5 up together so they don't look like they're being "capped" by 3.
01:14:687 (2,3) - Curved too much.
01:15:780 (4) - Drag up so it's not so close to 2
01:18:749 (7,3) - Does it have to overlap?
01:34:373 (2,3) - This is in an awkward position because it's not blanketing 1, but nor does it lead (very well) to 4.
01:37:186 (2,3) - Blanket? Or at least make 2 lead to 3 better. It's just kinda unfairly smudged into the corner ;-;
01:55:466 (4) - While it fits with the song, it's too short to be wavy. It's like trying to make a girl's ponytail out of a boy's short hair. It falls short.
02:02:966 (4) - ^ Just make this one straight.
02:13:278 (5) - Curve less.

While this difficulty is nice, I feel like it is too difficult for normal mode players. Maybe it's just me.

Hard
Approach Rate 7

00:12:502 (7,4) - Bad overlap.
00:25:314 (1) - curve less
00:26:564 (5) - ^
00:30:313 (1) - Looks really scrunched up. Open it up a bit
00:26:564 (5,6) - I suggest you make 6 a copy of 5 and make them go up, then down.
00:32:345 (8,4) - Stack?
00:34:063 (4,5,6) - This pattern makes you quickly move to the left or right rather than a smooth continuous flow. Fix it up a little.
00:49:531 (7,1) - Delete 1, Turn 7 into a whole slider and make it end where 1 is to follow the beat better.
00:53:594 (4,10) - Stack?
00:59:375 (7) - Curve slightly less
01:01:562 (4,5) - 5 is hugging 4, but 4 is not. Don't let 5 go unloved ;)
01:05:312 (4) - This shape is not pretty to look at.
01:06:562 (1,3) - No blanket?
01:11:249 (5) - Curve less
01:11:562 (1,2,3) - This sequence feels weird because it feels like 3 completely unrelated sliders because of their odd shape and rotation. Try to make them look more alike.
01:13:280 (7) - Position this over 6 better and curve less
01:15:312 (4) - Curve more
01:16:874 (2,4) - Stack
01:20:155 (5) - Curve less, make it a more subtle S.
01:20:624 (6,7) - This looks kinda weird. Make them blanket better
01:24:217 (2) - Curve slightly more
01:30:311 (6,7,1,2,3) - Remap this part. Flows really oddly and looks really weird.
01:35:467 (6) - New combo
01:38:123 (6,8) - No overlap please
01:46:560 (1,1,1) - These feel TOTALLY random. Please take them out.
01:57:966 (5,6) - Spread these apart. They feel too close

Nice difficulty, flows pretty well, but some parts do look odd. Just fix those and you're good!

Overall nice mapset, but the normal seems too hard. Other than that great job! Sorry I couldn't find too much except little things, because you've already had A lot of mods. Good luck on ranking your map! :)
Topic Starter
Grrum

Xelasto wrote:

Incoming mod from the Gentleman's Modding Queue! :)

If I didn't say anything, then I didn't agree or didn't see how to address your concern.

Normal
Approach Rate: 4 – Idk, I think it's fine as is but I'll think about it

00:06:564 (2) - Curve this ever so slightly more. I know. It's very unimportant.
00:10:939 (3,4,5,6) - Looks rather sloppy, and I think a lot of noobs who play normal modes would freak out at this. – fixed this up a bit
00:16:564 (2) - Bend more
00:28:907 (4) - The farther end of this is too long, balance it out more.
00:35:001 (7) - This curves upwards towards 4 rather than alongside it. – nudged
00:35:626 (1,2) - Are you SURE things like this are do-able by normal mode players? – lol idk what I'm doing, I sure hope this is fine.
00:42:813 (8,3) - Overlapping. Raise 8 more – View → hit animations, plus AR 5
00:49:531 (4,5,6) - This dips down rather than naturally decaying downwards.
00:56:562 (3,4,5,6) - This seems a rather random pattern. What about this? – couldn't get it to work, I'll stick with what I have
01:00:312 (1,2) - These sliders are awkwardly hugging each other, like when you meet that person that likes you but you don't want to hug them, so you awkwardly do this shimmy thing. Know what I'm talking about? XD – really don't know how to fix other than change the curvature so they blanket better
01:01:562 (3,4,5,6,7) - Why not drag 7 down to make a star?
01:05:312 (3,4,5) - Drag 4 and 5 up together so they don't look like they're being "capped" by 3.
01:14:687 (2,3) - Curved too much. – fixed
01:15:780 (4) - Drag up so it's not so close to 2 – sure
01:18:749 (7,3) - Does it have to overlap? – it doesn't
01:34:373 (2,3) - This is in an awkward position because it's not blanketing 1, but nor does it lead (very well) to 4. – ok
01:37:186 (2,3) - Blanket? Or at least make 2 lead to 3 better. It's just kinda unfairly smudged into the corner ;-; – did a little
01:55:466 (4) - While it fits with the song, it's too short to be wavy. It's like trying to make a girl's ponytail out of a boy's short hair. It falls short. – made it less curvy so it feels more natural
02:02:966 (4) - ^ Just make this one straight.
02:13:278 (5) - Curve less. – okay

While this difficulty is nice, I feel like it is too difficult for normal mode players. Maybe it's just me. You're right, it's harder than your average normal and it does concern me that this is the case, but I don't know that changing the rhythm makes the map better.

Hard
Approach Rate 7

00:12:502 (7,4) - Bad overlap.
00:25:314 (1) - curve less – ok
00:26:564 (5) - ^
00:30:313 (1) - Looks really scrunched up. Open it up a bit – ok
00:26:564 (5,6) - I suggest you make 6 a copy of 5 and make them go up, then down.
00:32:345 (8,4) - Stack?
00:34:063 (4,5,6) - This pattern makes you quickly move to the left or right rather than a smooth continuous flow. Fix it up a little. – this is intentional
00:49:531 (7,1) - Delete 1, Turn 7 into a whole slider and make it end where 1 is to follow the beat better.
00:53:594 (4,10) - Stack?
00:59:375 (7) - Curve slightly less
01:01:562 (4,5) - 5 is hugging 4, but 4 is not. Don't let 5 go unloved ;) -- You're probably right but I'm gonna be stubborn here
01:05:312 (4) - This shape is not pretty to look at.
01:06:562 (1,3) - No blanket? – fixed
01:11:249 (5) - Curve less
01:11:562 (1,2,3) - This sequence feels weird because it feels like 3 completely unrelated sliders because of their odd shape and rotation. Try to make them look more alike. – good suggestion, hopefully this is better now
01:13:280 (7) - Position this over 6 better and curve less
01:15:312 (4) - Curve more – ok
01:16:874 (2,4) – Stack – ok
01:20:155 (5) - Curve less, make it a more subtle S.
01:20:624 (6,7) - This looks kinda weird. Make them blanket better – fixed
01:24:217 (2) - Curve slightly more – ok
01:30:311 (6,7,1,2,3) - Remap this part. Flows really oddly and looks really weird. – I'm afraid it's still too similar, but I think it's better now.
01:35:467 (6) - New combo
01:38:123 (6,8) - No overlap please
01:46:560 (1,1,1) - These feel TOTALLY random. Please take them out. – woops those weren't supposed to be there
01:57:966 (5,6) - Spread these apart. They feel too close – okay

Nice difficulty, flows pretty well, but some parts do look odd. Just fix those and you're good!

Overall nice mapset, but the normal seems too hard. Other than that great job! Sorry I couldn't find too much except little things, because you've already had A lot of mods. Good luck on ranking your map! :) I really needed a mod like this, thank you. You did a good job
Thank you for the help!
Rizen
hello o/

[Insane]
  1. 00:05:627 (1) - tbh, this looks kinda awkward because the next 3 sliders are horizontally aligned... something like this? http://puu.sh/kWTol/d81b0e4bcf.jpg
  2. 00:08:127 (1) - move to x407 y277 for pretty structure? (re-adjust upcoming objects to fix)
  3. 00:09:533 (3) - repeat 1/2 slider because there's sound at 00:09:689?
  4. 00:11:408 (4) - maybe a circle at the slider head postion, and slider starting at large downbeat white tick ending at same slider end position?
  5. 00:13:752 (4,5,6,7) - nice symmetry :^)
  6. 00:17:501 (6) - maybe this rhythm? http://puu.sh/kWTI2/29ea6dc67c.jpg
  7. 00:23:439 (4) - angle this the otherway? to add emphasis on vocals
  8. 00:25:626 (3,4,5) - looks kinda messy like this. try this? http://puu.sh/kWVR5/95934e8e59.jpg
  9. 00:45:313 - strong beat missed ;(
  10. 00:49:844 (1,2,3) - this is the same sound as at 00:44:844 (1,2,3) - but the spacing emphasis is different. maybe make it the same for consistency?
  11. 00:48:125 (3) - spacing (any reason why this spacing is so large? the previous parts similar to this use the same spacing)
  12. 01:13:280 (7) - ctrl+h, the flow is kinda off
  13. 01:55:779 (3) - maybe rotate this 20degrees ACW around the selection centre
  14. 01:31:092 (1,2,3) - same thing mentioned about consistency. If it's variation you're after, try triangles
  15. 02:11:403 (3) - plz don't map slider end to downbeat ;(

[Hard]
  1. 00:30:001 (6,1,2) - http://puu.sh/kWYFr/df8f09a4bf.jpg
  2. 01:17:811 (5) - http://puu.sh/kWYLk/7db1d2696d.jpg mayb
  3. 02:09:841 (4,6) - overlap is kinda icky... I see no way of avoiding this unless you move the slider elsewhere
General Comments:
The easy (as pointed out before) is a little bit too difficult to be called an "easy". Right now, it looks like it's riding at an easy+ or normal-. I suggest either making it less difficult or make an easier easy from scratch
The insane out of all the diffs looks the messiest as the spacing is kinda all over the place, along with patterns being a little bit random.. I suggest a remap or a vigorous going over through. It looks like this was one of the first diffs in the mapset (i.e. the one with few remaps)
Hard looks the most structured
funky bpm :k

Good luck--
Topic Starter
Grrum

[ Rizen ] wrote:

hello o/

[Insane]
  1. 00:05:627 (1) - tbh, this looks kinda awkward because the next 3 sliders are horizontally aligned... something like this? http://puu.sh/kWTol/d81b0e4bcf.jpgdid the suggestion below and used it's mirror here
  2. 00:08:127 (1) - move to x407 y277 for pretty structure? (re-adjust upcoming objects to fix) – looks good
  3. 00:09:533 (3) - repeat 1/2 slider because there's sound at 00:09:689? – the rhythm is with the singer, so I'd rather not
  4. 00:11:408 (4) - maybe a circle at the slider head postion, and slider starting at large downbeat white tick ending at same slider end position? – The singer is syncopated here. So the stressed note is not the downbeat, it's the red tick this slider is on, so I like it as is.
  5. 00:13:752 (4,5,6,7) - nice symmetry :^) – thanks, but with the first change there's a little too much symmetry now. Hmmm....
  6. 00:17:501 (6) - maybe this rhythm? http://puu.sh/kWTI2/29ea6dc67c.jpg sure
  7. 00:23:439 (4) - angle this the otherway? to add emphasis on vocals – yep, you're right
  8. 00:25:626 (3,4,5) - looks kinda messy like this. try this? http://puu.sh/kWVR5/95934e8e59.jpg fixed (I hope)
  9. 00:45:313 - strong beat missed ;( – see below
  10. 00:49:844 (1,2,3) - this is the same sound as at 00:44:844 (1,2,3) - but the spacing emphasis is different. maybe make it the same for consistency? – I don't know if being consistent is necessarily better. There are some flows/spacing where it feels better to not be consistent. I'll experiment around with this, but I'm not convinced I need to change too much for this rhythm in the song.
  11. 00:48:125 (3) - spacing (any reason why this spacing is so large? the previous parts similar to this use the same spacing) – I suck at mapping, fixed
  12. 01:13:280 (7) - ctrl+h, the flow is kinda off – I'm going to be irrationally stubborn and wait till someone else raises this issue
  13. 01:55:779 (3) - maybe rotate this 20degrees ACW around the selection centre – I tried and it's fine but I kinda like what I have, though the spacing is off so I increased it here
  14. 01:31:092 (1,2,3) - same thing mentioned about consistency. If it's variation you're after, try triangles – I like this flow and I like the distance is not the same throughout these three notes, so I'm keeping it as is
  15. 02:11:403 (3) - plz don't map slider end to downbeat ;( – right, so, this plus the above statement means you want me to put a clickable object on this part of the rhythm. It's kind of hard to do that (imo) without then de-stressing the intense vocals of 02:11:091 (1,2,3) - . I do see what you mean though about having this kind of dead moment in the map. If you can convince me of a way to add a note here while still keeping these vocals very intense, I will be pretty happy to fix it

[Hard]
  1. 00:30:001 (6,1,2) - http://puu.sh/kWYFr/df8f09a4bf.jpgI had this, but the spacing and even design looked a little awkward so I changed it to this. I still kind of feel that way, but I'm probably being a scrub, so I think I should just remap it to avoid this issue entirely.
  2. 01:17:811 (5) - http://puu.sh/kWYLk/7db1d2696d.jpg mayb – So good, definitely added.
  3. 02:09:841 (4,6) - overlap is kinda icky... I see no way of avoiding this unless you move the slider elsewhere – I've had a complaint about this. I don't see this as a big issue, especially if I decide to make 6 a NC (and increase NC from 2 downbeats to 1 downbeat) so that these would be different colors and hence more easily readable. But if more people complain then I think I will change it
General Comments:
The easy (as pointed out before) is a little bit too difficult to be called an "easy". Right now, it looks like it's riding at an easy+ or normal-. I suggest either making it less difficult or make an easier easy from scratch – While language is powerful, I don't think it should dictate how we map. The problem then is not with the difficulty, but the name of the map. I'll ask whoever bubbles it (if that's possible) what they think it should be named.
The insane out of all the diffs looks the messiest as the spacing is kinda all over the place, along with patterns being a little bit random.. I suggest a remap or a vigorous going over through. It looks like this was one of the first diffs in the mapset (i.e. the one with few remaps) – I can see what you mean with the example of 00:48:125 (3) - . I will go through the map and see what I can do about it.
Hard looks the most structured – I'm gonna take this not as a compliment but instead as a request to make the Normal not look like a toilet.
funky bpm :k – yeah I'm probably stupid XD

Good luck-- – thank you so much for the mod! Very helpful
Tarrasky
some help
mod
Easy

01:10:312 (3) - I prefer 3/2 slider here, sounds more logical with your style
nice map, i like

Normal

00:17:814 (1) - add a finish?
00:44:063 (2,3,4,5) - 00:49:063 (3,4,5,6) - and all kiais, you forgot the whistle, like in Easy diff, I recommend you use the same hitsound in every difficulty
01:03:125 - add breaktime? if you do this, i recommend you move 01:02:812 (7) - from x:176 y:128 or next to this
00:51:563 (4) - 01:32:811 (4) - Always perform a standard in hitsounds

Hard

00:17:814 (1) - add a finish?
01:03:125 - add breaktime?

Insane

i dont like this 00:22:814 (1,2) - in the end of a stream, i prefer a lot more a slider here, can be a bit hard a single after the stream
00:29:376 (4) - move to x:428 y:340
00:42:813 (1,2) - same about 00:22:814 (1,2) -

Superman

00:17:580 (7,8,9) - i feel this stream a bit overmap, look in 00:20:080 - have the same sound and you dont map
the map itself is already well polished, congrats and good luck <3
Topic Starter
Grrum

Tarrasky wrote:

some help
mod
Easy

01:10:312 (3) - I prefer 3/2 slider here, sounds more logical with your style – You're probably right, I'm just too lazy and it does fit kind of.
nice map, i like :)

Normal

00:17:814 (1) - add a finish? – this makes the hitsounding that comes after this quite weak, so I would need to add more finishes, and then it sounds too strong/weird
00:44:063 (2,3,4,5) - 00:49:063 (3,4,5,6) - and all kiais, you forgot the whistle, like in Easy diff, I recommend you use the same hitsound in every difficulty – You're probably right, but I did the Easy hitsounds differently because it follows the beat more than the vocals and at the time I didn't think the whistles worked well with the vocal rhythm.
01:03:125 - add breaktime? if you do this, i recommend you move 01:02:812 (7) - from x:176 y:128 or next to this – I'd like to, but there is not enough time for the editor to actually allow me to, so to stay consistent I have no breaktime in harder difficulties
00:51:563 (4) - 01:32:811 (4) - Always perform a standard in hitsounds – I don't agree with this. If you listen to some pop songs, the choruses at the end of the song will be stronger by having more background claps/sounds to emphasize them more. By not having a whistle in the earlier chorus here, the later chorus gets emphasized and creates a pacing of intensity that works better. It would work better if I did other things to emphasize since this lone wolf hitsound can be odd, but I think the sentiment is fine that I like it as is.

Hard

00:17:814 (1) - add a finish? – see above

Insane

i dont like this 00:22:814 (1,2) - in the end of a stream, i prefer a lot more a slider here, can be a bit hard a single after the stream – Yeah this is contentious, some people like it, some people don't, I think it's okay as is but I see where you're coming from
00:29:376 (4) - move to x:428 y:340 – I'm trying to stick with the consistent spacing patterns I have, so even though I set this up to be symmetrical, I think it plays better with the spacing difference.
00:42:813 (1,2) - same about 00:22:814 (1,2) -

Superman

00:17:580 (7,8,9) - i feel this stream a bit overmap, look in 00:20:080 - have the same sound and you dont map – that's more an argument for overmapping the latter combo there. I mean you're right, the pattern doesn't play perfectly since I transition away from the vocals, but I'm kind of forced to do that here in the song, and I think it's not bad enough to change.
the map itself is already well polished, congrats and good luck <3 -- thanks!
I appreciate the mod even though I disagreed a lot. Thanks for the help!
guineaQ
ay
05:10 guineaQ: you are still working on that song LOL
05:10 pinataman: ok i swear to god it's ready to be bubbled. like come on plz. im just really bad at getting BN-senpai to notice me
05:10 pinataman: also whats up, long time no talk
05:10 guineaQ: long time no see due to timezone op
05:12 pinataman: I see you've been making some mania stuff
05:12 pinataman: ive always wanted to give mania a try
05:12 pinataman: just never really could get into it
05:12 guineaQ: its ez
05:12 guineaQ: compared to CtB
05:12 guineaQ: everything is ez
05:13 guineaQ: oh man this diff give me old feels
05:13 pinataman: oh woah ctb sounds weird
05:13 guineaQ: like galv
05:13 pinataman: my map?
05:13 pinataman: crazy
05:13 guineaQ: ye
05:13 guineaQ: the symmetric style mang
05:16 guineaQ: plays fine
05:17 guineaQ: there is still room to improve tho
05:19 guineaQ: imo some parts could play better if the distance was biggerrrr
05:19 guineaQ: man every extra maps I play these dasys
05:19 guineaQ: days*
05:19 guineaQ: I wish some parts had bigger spacing rather than smaller spacing lol
05:20 pinataman: If you point them out I'd be willing to change some.
05:20 guineaQ: 00:35:313 (1,2,3,4) - make 3,4 same distance as 1,2 is
05:21 guineaQ: 00:35:469 (2) - or move this to somewhere around 166,188
05:21 guineaQ: 00:36:251 (6) - x:1 y:78
05:21 pinataman: that makes 00:35:782 (4,5) - a little big, how would you change it so this jump isn't massive?
05:22 guineaQ: thats why i said you could just move 2 to x166 y188
05:22 guineaQ: it was the angle of movement from 1 to 2 that is really awkward
05:23 guineaQ: forget about what i said making 3,4 spacing like 1,2 i thought it had trumpets that 1,2 had which it doesnt lol
05:23 guineaQ: http://puu.sh/lb3DL/5e711fddfd.jpg
05:24 guineaQ: i made 1->2 distance around 1.45x
05:24 guineaQ: and make sure 2->3 distance is 1.8x and 4->5 distance 1.8x as well
05:24 pinataman: how about http://puu.sh/lb3FO/bc40626203.jpg
05:24 guineaQ: um you actually want the 3->4 distance to be smaller than 1->2
05:25 pinataman: lol i thought you said to make it same
05:25 guineaQ: i corrected myself few sentences ago >w<
05:25 guineaQ: I thought 4 had trumpets too
05:25 guineaQ: but it didnt
05:26 pinataman: oh mb
05:26 guineaQ: but what you did there should play well as well
05:27 guineaQ: 00:37:657 (13) - having this stack under 10 is kinda uncomfortable
05:27 pinataman: yeah originally i had the 3,4 spacing bigger but decreased for visual appeal
05:27 pinataman: +4x, +4y?
05:27 guineaQ: i was thinking more of
05:28 guineaQ: http://puu.sh/lb3SD/f746434a34.jpg
05:28 guineaQ: this should still make the transition to next note smooth enough while keeping that nice horizontal movement
05:29 guineaQ: 00:37:813 (1,2,3,4) - about this
05:30 guineaQ: [http://puu.sh/lb3YH/91f54cc226.jpg i made 2 be 3 and 3 be 2]
05:30 pinataman: the flows weird isn't it?
05:30 pinataman: the goal is increase spacing?
05:30 guineaQ: just to make
05:30 guineaQ: the direction of flow drastically different
05:30 guineaQ: doesnt really make sense to make it flow nicely here
05:31 pinataman: yeah I agree I think I'll do that
05:31 guineaQ: 00:39:688 (7,8) - for these
05:32 guineaQ: http://puu.sh/lb47k/0ea40bdd4c.jpg
05:32 guineaQ: you might have to decrease the spacing of next note if you do this
05:32 guineaQ: 00:40:313 (1) - this would be pretttty far away
05:32 guineaQ: if you do what i puush'd
05:33 pinataman: yeah I agree the flow is a little too unnatural around there
05:33 pinataman: Now that I'm more aware of the problem I'll get it
05:33 guineaQ: you dont have to change much with this diff
05:33 guineaQ: just little rearranging will do wonders
05:34 guineaQ: 00:40:313 (1,2,3) - for this
05:35 guineaQ: [http://puu.sh/lb4gM/5b25f5d9bb.jpg fun stuffu]
05:35 guineaQ: 00:41:251 (4,5,6,7) - you should either just stack these doubles of space them out a lot more
05:36 guineaQ: right now as it is, it makes me snap awkwardly
05:37 pinataman: what do you mean by that?
05:37 guineaQ: 00:41:251 (4,5) - for this
05:37 pinataman: so like increase DS to 1.2?
05:37 guineaQ: 4 definitely has smaller vocal power
05:37 guineaQ: contrary to 5
05:38 guineaQ: yet 3->4 spacing is bigger than 4->5 :<
05:40 pinataman: starting at 00:41:251 (4) - the background -scats- go away, so the overall section feels less intense, which is the idea behind the slow down
05:40 guineaQ: it goes away completely starting from 6
05:41 pinataman: I think I might have overdone it, and maybe 3,4 should be lower, so ill test it out
05:41 guineaQ: it just feels weird to have it flow in a straight line
05:41 guineaQ: http://puu.sh/lb4DG/0bc2bdcab0.jpg
05:41 pinataman: okay I'll play around with a more angular flow
05:42 guineaQ: 4 has lower volume/pitch then 5
05:42 guineaQ: should it should be at aesthetically lower position of 5 since you are not using spacing to emphasize that difference
05:43 guineaQ: besides its a nice place to transition flow direction
05:45 guineaQ: about kiai
05:45 guineaQ: i have no problem with it
05:45 guineaQ: nice back and forths
05:46 pinataman: yeah
05:46 pinataman: yay*
05:46 guineaQ: 01:04:687 (2) - ctrl+g ftw
05:47 guineaQ: if you did ctrl+g d make 3 a bit more like [http://puu.sh/lb4Wl/2111685e57.jpg this]
05:48 guineaQ: 01:09:374 (3) - maybe something more interesting shape wise
05:50 guineaQ: 01:14:374 (2,3,4,5) - maybe something like [http://puu.sh/lb54O/fb9ca233c5.jpg this]
05:52 guineaQ: are you still aliveu
05:53 pinataman: yeah its just hard to do and respond XD
05:53 guineaQ: =w=
05:53 guineaQ: take your time
05:54 pinataman: im really bad at irc modding cuz i have to think about things and it bothers me that i can't get a solution right away when you make a point and then move on
05:54 guineaQ: imo irc modding is like best tho
05:54 guineaQ: live feedback
05:54 guineaQ: well every modding method has its ups and downs
05:54 pinataman: i think that's good, I just find it hard to respond
05:54 pinataman: anyway
05:54 guineaQ: wait why did i end up irc modding
05:55 pinataman: I don't think i can make ctrl + g work at 01:04:375 (1,2) -
05:55 pinataman: i think ill just move 1 up
05:55 guineaQ: no biggy
05:55 pinataman: oh idk because you love me :P
05:56 guineaQ: 01:21:561 (1,2,3) - idk why this is smaller than 00:40:313 (1,2,3) - spacing wise
05:56 pinataman: and i kind of like the anti-flow at 01:14:374 (2,3,4,5) -
05:56 guineaQ: www
05:56 guineaQ: i do that anti flow sometim-
05:56 pinataman: though Byby told me the same thing
05:56 guineaQ: well
05:56 guineaQ: i do it a lot of times
05:56 *guineaQ is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/788216 TOKINE - Negai o Yobu Kisetsu]
05:56 guineaQ: in this
05:57 pinataman: well i interpreted 01:21:561 (1,2,3) - as low intensity
05:57 pinataman: since intensity goes up at 01:23:749 (9,10,11,12,1) -
05:58 pinataman: and intesnity went up with hitsounds at 01:20:624 (6,7,8) -
05:58 guineaQ: well the vocals get a lot stronger here;
05:58 pinataman: so it seemed like the pacing wanted it to go down in intensity
05:58 pinataman: i must play this song too much cuz it's ingrained in me to see this as lower vocals
05:59 guineaQ: thennn
05:59 guineaQ: http://puu.sh/lb5y9/169b0ec6e3.jpg you can try this
06:01 pinataman: hmm, ok, i fixed the overlaps around there and yeah it;s good
06:01 guineaQ: \owo/
06:01 guineaQ: 01:26:717 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - ok this pattern is liek
06:01 guineaQ: ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
06:02 pinataman: what don't u like about it?
06:02 guineaQ: 1->2->3->4
06:02 guineaQ: it feels very forced to have curved straight flow with circles
06:03 guineaQ: you could have done back and forths like you did in first kiai
06:03 guineaQ: idk why you decided to change
06:04 pinataman: so 01:27:186 (4,5,6,7) - being zig-zag was important to me
06:04 pinataman: and so 1,2,3,4 had to be different
06:04 pinataman: because these two parts need different flow to express the change in the song
06:04 pinataman: and i think i know what you mean by forcing the curve
06:04 pinataman: like it feels hard to play for some reason
06:05 pinataman: but i kind of like that it's hard to play here
06:05 guineaQ: hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
06:05 guineaQ: not really sure if i like that reasoning but ok
06:06 guineaQ: this is the pattern i had in mind [http://puu.sh/lb5Uk/290a1a8cf6.jpg part 1] - [http://puu.sh/lb5Vy/a1dc83e93f.jpg part 2]
06:08 guineaQ: 02:11:091 (1,2,3,4) - i clicked on 4 first instead of 3 when i was playing this
06:08 pinataman: idk the patterns grown on me too much
06:08 pinataman: idk why :/
06:09 guineaQ: wellll
06:09 pinataman: you expect angled flow more than linear flow and 3 is hidden in the awkward corner zone
06:09 pinataman: i guess
06:09 guineaQ: yeah
06:09 guineaQ: its fine as it is
06:09 guineaQ: but just wanted to point that out if somebody tells you to ctrl+g that
06:09 guineaQ: you know one reason why they say that lol
Gear
Heyo, first of all sorry for the HUGE delay, but I finally found some free time v.v

bad mod
[Hard]
01:38:123 (6,7,8) - feels a little cluttered compared to the similar pattern here 00:56:562 (4,5,6,7) which is more spaced out

[Insane]
00:50:000 (2,3) - make these two have the same spacing as 00:45:000 (2,3) since there are essentially the same?

01:02:812 (5) - i'd make this farther from the previous slider since it's a pretty strong note, especially with the finish on it, same with 01:44:060 (5)

01:13:749 (9) - maybe use a 1/2 slider here instead and have a note on 01:14:062 I think it'll feel better to click there since there's a finish hitsound there

02:06:247 (2,3) - space (3) away from (2) more like the other similar patterns = 01:31:248 (2,3) , 01:26:249 (2,3) , etc

02:11:247 (2,3) - ^

02:14:372 (2,3,4,5) - imo, this feels weird since the distance between each one gets smaller. any reason for that? *^*

[Superman]
00:17:814 (1,2) - 1 and 2 feel pretty strong imo, i think they should have more spacing between them, and less between 00:17:970 (2,3)

00:32:501 (9,10,11,12,1) - this stream has an awkward shape compared to the others, any reason for that?

00:45:469 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - since the jumps are slowly increasing in spacing, wouldn't it make sense to have more spacing between 00:46:407 (7,1) , I think it'd play better.

01:40:467 (2,3) - more spacing between these? for emphasize on the clap and the vocals get pretty high in pitch on (3)
01:42:810 (1,2,3,4) - these huge jumps feel too sudden coming in from the previous low distance pattern, I suggest making 01:41:560 (1,2,3,4) - into 1/2 sliders that builds up in spacing

02:11:091 (1,2,3,4) - this feels awkward, making 1,2,3 a straight linear pattern, 02:06:091 (1,2,3,4) feels much better. Since 02:11:247 (2,3) have a different pitch, I'd move (3) at an angle instead of linear to get more of a feel for it... yeah (not good with wording v.v)

02:18:121 (2) - and 02:19:371 (2) - it's fine and all, though I'm not hearing anything on the blue tick.

Nice map, good luck!
Again, sorry for the delay, take a star~
Topic Starter
Grrum

Gear wrote:

Heyo, first of all sorry for the HUGE delay, but I finally found some free time v.v

good mod
[Hard]
01:38:123 (6,7,8) - feels a little cluttered compared to the similar pattern here 00:56:562 (4,5,6,7) which is more spaced out -- yeah a lot of people don't like the overlap. I made the flow a little hard but the design is better

[Insane]
00:50:000 (2,3) - make these two have the same spacing as 00:45:000 (2,3) since there are essentially the same? -- theres a nuanced difference between these two notes instances and I think the patterns play well as is

01:02:812 (5) - i'd make this farther from the previous slider since it's a pretty strong note, especially with the finish on it, same with 01:44:060 (5) - increased from 1.2 to 1.4, hope that's enough

01:13:749 (9) - maybe use a 1/2 slider here instead and have a note on 01:14:062 I think it'll feel better to click there since there's a finish hitsound there-- the pattern is intentionally trying to rest to separate the high and low intensity sections, so a slider like this fits

02:06:247 (2,3) - space (3) away from (2) more like the other similar patterns = 01:31:248 (2,3) , 01:26:249 (2,3) , etc -- ok

02:11:247 (2,3) - ^ I don't think that spacing enhances the flow I'm going for, and I like the flow I have

02:14:372 (2,3,4,5) - imo, this feels weird since the distance between each one gets smaller. any reason for that? *^* -- it's mostly for design since I have to make it all fit together, but the spacing emphasizes the two strong notes at 02:14:372 (2) - and 02:14:997 (6) - nicely with the fading distance into a resurgence, so even though it might not be perfect, it's a fine pattern for me

[Superman]
00:17:814 (1,2) - 1 and 2 feel pretty strong imo, i think they should have more spacing between them, and less between 00:17:970 (2,3) – I force the perspective that the lyric is strong on 3. I know it's awkward and I'm probably wrong in doing so, but it's grown on me too much to change this.

00:32:501 (9,10,11,12,1) - this stream has an awkward shape compared to the others, any reason for that? -- I don't think the shape is awkward. It's a ctrl+shift+F wave slider

00:45:469 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - since the jumps are slowly increasing in spacing, wouldn't it make sense to have more spacing between 00:46:407 (7,1) , I think it'd play better. -- did as best I could to preserve the patterns and the increase the spacing and I think it came out better

01:40:467 (2,3) - more spacing between these? for emphasize on the clap and the vocals get pretty high in pitch on (3) -- I see what you're going for, but I think emphasizing it drastically would make it too gimicky (the pattern is already hard). I increased the spacing a tad but not enough to really emphasize it, which I think is good

01:42:810 (1,2,3,4) - these huge jumps feel too sudden coming in from the previous low distance pattern, I suggest making 01:41:560 (1,2,3,4) - into 1/2 sliders that builds up in spacing -- 01:42:654 (4,1) - is the only jump I think is too big, so I lessened it by a little, but the 1/2 sliders are really just 1/1 rhythm which makes the jumps not really that big, so I don't see this as a problem

02:11:091 (1,2,3,4) - this feels awkward, making 1,2,3 a straight linear pattern, 02:06:091 (1,2,3,4) feels much better. Since 02:11:247 (2,3) have a different pitch, I'd move (3) at an angle instead of linear to get more of a feel for it... yeah (not good with wording v.v) I like the linear flow

02:18:121 (2) - and 02:19:371 (2) - it's fine and all, though I'm not hearing anything on the blue tick. -- theres a slight echo in the background that gives enough justification to fill it in in this way.

Nice map, good luck! -- thank you
Again, sorry for the delay, take a star~ don't worry about it. It was a helpful mod, so I appreciate it, thanks
Pentori
map is back from the dead (x_x)

m4m from your queue

[General]
make your choruses audibly louder than other sections. its quite a fun exciting part of the song but there hitsounds are same volume

[Easy]
00:32:813 (6) - nc cos this is downbeat
00:33:126 (1) - remove nc
00:34:063 (3) - looks a bit ugly. i suggest using 1 red point only http://puu.sh/ohJt3/c8e802c66a.jpg
00:37:813 (1) - angle so it points directly back
00:53:125 (2,3) - this is a bit weird
01:14:062 (6) - same deal with 00:32:813 (6) -
01:32:811 (2) - this woudl look better http://puu.sh/ohJDo/5fd44b52cb.jpg
01:34:061 (1,2,3) - triangle
02:09:059 (1) - remove 2nd last white point and fix

[Normal]
00:32:501 (5) - break this into 2 beats so that the finish is clickable and 00:33:126 (1,2,3) - make some of this a slider for variance
00:35:001 (6) - ^
00:53:437 (3) - make it a 1/2 slider
00:54:687 (6) - ^
00:58:594 - missed a beat which you used earlier kinda feels empty
01:34:686 (3) - 1/2 slider
01:35:936 (6) - ^
01:39:373 (2,4) - these should be changed. too many beats and a gap in between is weird to play
02:14:684 (3,6) - 1/2 sliders

[Hard]
00:38:751 (4) - overmapping
00:52:031 (5,6) - curve into each other for flow
00:59:375 (7,8) - see how 00:59:687 (8,9) - 9 tucks into 8. do the same
01:05:312 (4) - looks ugly. use a red point somewhere
01:16:249 (6) - make it a beat
01:19:999 (4) - overmap

[Insane]
00:24:064 (6) - put ncs on big white tick. your combos are running too long
00:35:469 (2,3) - no need to jump, theres no downbeat to emphasize
00:49:063 (1) - better if you use red point in the middle of slider
00:49:531 (3) - ^ too much of a curve

[Superman]
same with Insane, split up your combos by putting new ones on big white ticks
00:45:469 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this is aids. music isn't increasing in volume yet. i reckon you can keep this pattern but dont make the jumps scale as much so that you can increase the ds for the next few sliders 00:46:407 (7,1) - 00:46:563 (1,2) - 00:46:875 (2,3) - 00:46:250 (6,4) - where the song actually escalates
01:25:936 (5) - overmap

also. i keep hearing "welcome to the toocher party" whats it actually saying? lol
Topic Starter
Grrum
no reply = fixed

Pentori wrote:

map is back from the dead (x_x)

m4m from your queue

[General]
make your choruses audibly louder than other sections. its quite a fun exciting part of the song but there hitsounds are same volume -- good idea

[Easy]
00:32:813 (6) - nc cos this is downbeat
00:33:126 (1) - remove nc
00:34:063 (3) - looks a bit ugly. i suggest using 1 red point only http://puu.sh/ohJt3/c8e802c66a.jpg -- liking these slider suggestions
00:37:813 (1) - angle so it points directly back -- I'd rather the flow be different, so I angled so that you won't ask for that to happen
00:53:125 (2,3) - this is a bit weird --same kind of solution as above, though not really sure why you think it's weird
01:14:062 (6) - same deal with 00:32:813 (6) -
01:32:811 (2) - this woudl look better http://puu.sh/ohJDo/5fd44b52cb.jpg
01:34:061 (1,2,3) - triangle -- that's not the intention, so angled differently
02:09:059 (1) - remove 2nd last white point and fix

[Normal]
00:32:501 (5) - break this into 2 beats so that the finish is clickable and 00:33:126 (1,2,3) - make some of this a slider for variance -- I think the best place to have a slider on 00:32:501 (5,1,2,3) - is where it currently is. The section before uses sliders to transition to red ticked notes, so the player is in more of a slider mindset here, and having that note be clickable isn't as important when I'm following the lyrics
00:35:001 (6) - ^ -- same as above, the lyrics are too strong to get rid of the (6) slider
00:53:437 (3) - make it a 1/2 slider -- After testing, I found that a 1/2 slider increases the intensity of this section more than I'd like, so no to all these
00:54:687 (6) - ^
00:58:594 - missed a beat which you used earlier kinda feels empty -- I think using a reverse slider is a good way to contrast with the previous section, so no to all these
01:34:686 (3) - 1/2 slider
01:35:936 (6) - ^
01:39:373 (2,4) - these should be changed. too many beats and a gap in between is weird to play
02:14:684 (3,6) - 1/2 sliders

[Hard]
00:38:751 (4) - overmapping -- this is using the harmony to fill in the rhythm which creates a better play experience. Sure, there's no vocal there, but there is a beat there that is better with a circle on it.
00:52:031 (5,6) - curve into each other for flow -- be mindful of the flow into it. This is half way between both, so I like it as is
00:59:375 (7,8) - see how 00:59:687 (8,9) - 9 tucks into 8. do the same -- hard to do with the spacing as is. I think it's mostly fine, but I tried a bit
01:05:312 (4) - looks ugly. use a red point somewhere -- I like it like this
01:16:249 (6) - make it a beat -- I prefer this as a slider instead of two circles if that's what you're getting at
01:19:999 (4) - overmap -- this is using the harmony to fill in the rhythm which creates a better play experience. Sure, there's no vocal there, but there is a beat there that is better with a circle on it.

[Insane]
00:24:064 (6) - put ncs on big white tick. your combos are running too long
00:35:469 (2,3) - no need to jump, theres no downbeat to emphasize -- downbeats aren't the only strong notes. The vocals have a strong note that I want to emphasize and feel good to have a jump on
00:49:063 (1) - better if you use red point in the middle of slider -- nah, I like these
00:49:531 (3) - ^ too much of a curve -- ^

[Superman]
same with Insane, split up your combos by putting new ones on big white ticks
00:45:469 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this is aids. music isn't increasing in volume yet. i reckon you can keep this pattern but dont make the jumps scale as much so that you can increase the ds for the next few sliders 00:46:407 (7,1) - 00:46:563 (1,2) - 00:46:875 (2,3) - 00:46:250 (6,4) - where the song actually escalates -- haha, I like your retort. I scaled it down slightly like you said and increased the following sliders a bit too.
01:25:936 (5) - overmap -- see Hard

also. i keep hearing "welcome to the toocher party" whats it actually saying? lol -- it's "toon town party." Thanks for the mod, quite helpful overall, will get to yours when I can
Asfand
Hello m4m!

Sightread replay: http://puu.sh/okZh7/699fc911ae.osr

I tried to mod to keep the same style of what you are going for. I also added a few suggestions at the end which might not be exactly what you were aiming/mapping for.

[Superman]
  1. 00:17:814 (1,2,3) - I feel like these three notes compliment each other and should form the pattern rather than 00:17:970 (2,3,4) - http://puu.sh/on0wF/316bf13f88.jpg. Another suggestion would be to stack 2 and 3 the same way as 00:15:314 (9,10) -
  2. 00:21:564 (4,5,6) - I don't know whether you have a reason for suddenly starting to not curving the streams here. If you kept it for the finish then maybe consider changing slider 5 to give more emphasis on the finishes.
  3. 00:40:313 (1,2,3) - It could be cool to NC all of these sliders to fit with the "one by one" to make the map more personable.
  4. 01:19:999 (4,1) - blanket
  5. 01:21:561 (1,2,3) -It could be cool to NC all of these sliders to fit with the "one by one" to make the map more personable.
  6. 01:39:061 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - You've mapped this more to the lyrics while you kept these 00:57:812 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - kind of like patterns, I feel like you should be consistent with how you map these. Either keep all these parts as different patterns or have them all move according to the way the singer sings.
  7. The movement in these two parts 02:06:091 (1,2,3,4) - crossing the follow lines 02:11:091 (1,2,3,4) - linear, while you've kept the movement consistent in the other two choruses. Although what I would have really liked would've been if you kept every single movement the same on these woh oh parts the same. Either all linear or all witht he crossing lines or back and forth etc etc
These are all suggestions that might be overbearing, see if you like anything
  1. 01:40:311 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Having where the singer sings never, ever and land stacked as I guess the whole word would be nevereverland like that one film. Would kind of tie the combo to the lyrics making it more personable to the song. I made a combo that I think would fit better in that sense.
  2. 01:31:092 (1,2,3) - I feel like you captured the back and forth circle movement really well on this woh oh part compared to the rest. I really think you should at least keep the movement the same for every one of these parts. Would make it so that you feel like you're playing the song more rather than just a map.
    02:06:091 (1,2,3,4) - example of a combo I would make here I've now realized youve done this here just the other way around. But basically like this for every woh oh
Topic Starter
Grrum

regN wrote:

Hello m4m!

Sightread replay: http://puu.sh/okZh7/699fc911ae.osr

I tried to mod to keep the same style of what you are going for. I also added a few suggestions at the end which might not be exactly what you were aiming/mapping for.

[Superman]
  1. 00:17:814 (1,2,3) - I feel like these three notes compliment each other and should form the pattern rather than 00:17:970 (2,3,4) - http://puu.sh/on0wF/316bf13f88.jpg. Another suggestion would be to stack 2 and 3 the same way as 00:15:314 (9,10) - The (2,3) flow can't be that curved because I really want to express the lyric on (3), so I changed the DS to not be so screwy.
  2. 00:21:564 (4,5,6) - I don't know whether you have a reason for suddenly starting to not curving the streams here. If you kept it for the finish then maybe consider changing slider 5 to give more emphasis on the finishes.-- nice
  3. 00:40:313 (1,2,3) - It could be cool to NC all of these sliders to fit with the "one by one" to make the map more personable.-- Since I'm changing the NC at 00:49:844 (1) - , I'd like to reserve this technique for these woo oh oh 's
  4. 01:19:999 (4,1) - blanket -- fixed
  5. 01:21:561 (1,2,3) -It could be cool to NC all of these sliders to fit with the "one by one" to make the map more personable.
  6. 01:39:061 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - You've mapped this more to the lyrics while you kept these 00:57:812 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - kind of like patterns, I feel like you should be consistent with how you map these. Either keep all these parts as different patterns or have them all move according to the way the singer sings. -- This is inconsistent for the same reason 01:01:562 (1) - is inconsistent with 01:42:810 (1) - and for the same reason 02:06:559 (4) - is a circle and not a slider end. The inconsistency makes the pacing of the map much more in tune with the music since the first chorus isn't as strong as the other ones. For this reason, I'd like to relax the interpretation of the singer in the first one so that the second one has a chance to increase in intensity. I did however increase the DS of the second star pattern to reflect a slight change in intensity there.
  7. The movement in these two parts 02:06:091 (1,2,3,4) - crossing the follow lines 02:11:091 (1,2,3,4) - linear, while you've kept the movement consistent in the other two choruses. Although what I would have really liked would've been if you kept every single movement the same on these woh oh parts the same. Either all linear or all witht he crossing lines or back and forth etc etc -- I like both flows, and I think having diverse flow adds more to the map by making each of the woo oh oh 's a little more personal and unique, which highlights this lyric in a stronger way.
These are all suggestions that might be overbearing, see if you like anything
  1. 01:40:311 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Having where the singer sings never, ever and land stacked as I guess the whole word would be nevereverland like that one film. Would kind of tie the combo to the lyrics making it more personable to the song. I made a combo that I think would fit better in that sense. -- Your suggestion could use a flow change at (2,3): http://puu.sh/oonwZ/93394886aa.jpg . I like this pattern and I would be happy ranking this (in fact, I use it at 00:59:219 (1) - of the Insane), but I also like my pattern, so it could go either way. I'll stick to the one I had
  2. 01:31:092 (1,2,3) - I feel like you captured the back and forth circle movement really well on this woh oh part compared to the rest. I really think you should at least keep the movement the same for every one of these parts. Would make it so that you feel like you're playing the song more rather than just a map. -- This is the one that I'm most willing to change, and I'd like you to test it 00:49:844 (1) - . The others I'd like to keep for similar reasons above
    02:06:091 (1,2,3,4) - example of a combo I would make here I've now realized youve done this here just the other way around. But basically like this for every woh oh
thanks for the mod!, you made me really think about some good issues in this difficulty.
FCL
I didn't understand what diffs I should mod, but I did something wrong just poke me

• [superman newer]
  1. you could add spinner from 00:02:190 to 00:05:315, sound is fit, also it's cool (same for other diffs)
  2. Also you could up od to something like 8.5 cuz it's extra
  3. 00:09:064 (5) - add normal sampleset, the sound has something hard here
  4. 00:09:689 - missing of this beat looks doesn't good, cuz it has similar sound like at 00:09:064, so circle+1/2 slider instead of 1/1 slider looks really better. Don't forget to add normal sampleset
  5. 00:21:251 (3,4,5,6) - given that how you followed to rhythm before, this option looks better imo http://puu.sh/oxrxo/7600c25520.jpg
  6. 00:22:814 (1,2,3) - try to make permanent spacing, they have similar sounds, also it just will look better
  7. 00:23:126 (3,4) - so close blankets looks really odd, try to make more spacing, so looks really more neatly http://puu.sh/oxrG8/1d6aed1946.jpg
  8. 00:25:001 (5,2) - Again, so closer spacing doesn't looks good, you could do stack 00:25:470 (2) - with end of 00:25:001 (5) - , it's seems good
  9. 00:26:251 (5) - bad placement imo, try to be consistent http://puu.sh/oxrTz/d0863c5e5b.jpg (it's not so neat, but you can do it better)
  10. 00:31:251 (4,2) - similar thing about blankets as before
  11. 00:36:407 (1,2) - try to make more spacing between as you doing further, really small with this strong vocal
  12. 00:53:125 (2,6) - blanket stuff
  13. 00:54:219 (2) - this note doesn't looks so strong to be clickable, you could add 1/2 slider instead of 00:54:062 (1,2) - , of just doing stuck for these circles
  14. 01:02:734 - undermapped beat, looks empty without
  15. 01:03:750 - undermapped too, but you can miss that, np http://puu.sh/oxsrG/640b725839.jpg
  16. 01:09:374 (3) - neat sliderwawe looks better http://puu.sh/oxsuf/99056b0c9d.jpg
  17. 01:28:124 (2) - blanket stuff
  18. 01:43:670 - 01:43:982 -same as 01:02:734
Okoratu
anything going on with this ?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.