16.67%
Twenty One hours to a year
14.58%
Over a year
31.25%
Total votes: 48
Topic Starter
kamikin_old
If you had a 2 minute song to map, how long would it take you? This is without adding hitsounds or going through modding. It is how long it take you to mod a map which is not modded and, if you add hitsounds after, without hitsounds. Try and say the different times for an easy, normal, hard and insane (extras if you map them)
silmarilen
a couple of years
Topic Starter
kamikin_old

silmarilen wrote:

a couple of years
Your profile says you haven't made one...... :?
Ayachi-
1:30 1 diff = 6 hours
Without hitsound
Noc
It takes a hella long time man, plus all the maps i currently have posted are terrible XD
Factorial
1 month easy diff :v
Zelda
I have a map that I'm still trying to finish from like 2010. Where's the several years option ?
Trash Boat

Zelda wrote:

I have a map that I'm still trying to finish from like 2010. Where's the several years option ?
It's "10 hours or more"
Zelda
I don't feel like it really captures the whole "I've had this map going for 4 years and it's still not done" kinda thing
Topic Starter
kamikin_old
I feel abnormal mapping things in around four hours.... :? :(
Kankri
It usually takes 2 days for me to complete an Oni difficulty, but it takes only 1 hour to map from Kantan to Muzukashii. :3
Esupanitix
Do you mean for funsies or do you mean "with the intention of getting it approved/ranked"?

Funsies: I can easily click repeatedly and call it a beatmap, so 2 minutes for a 2-minute song.

Actual intent: Months because I'm shit at mapping. I have a lot of maps that had promise but I just gave up on because I got REALLY BORED WITH IT.

I might start a different song just to try again.
Topic Starter
kamikin_old
I mean to rank, how long would it take you to map from beggining a map to submitting it?
Remco
Well it takes me about an hour per minute to map i delete and remap quite a lot this is with timing points.
No hit sounds but i usually write down around what minute i want my hit sounds louder and where i wanna make kiai time and after all that ill just throw in the 3 other different hit sounds to match the rhythm.
But those times only apply to when i want a map finished soon.
if i just map casually im talking with people on skype and watching some random game streams whilst mapping mapping like 30 sec per 1-2 hours
[Alter]
If I could map without stopping it would probably take about four hours per diff. But the thing is, by the time I've mapped for a few hours I usually get distracted and find another song that I want to map instead, so in actuality it would probably take at least half a year to finish a single map.
Caam
30 second takes about 1-2 hours with hit sound.
Vialle
This only counts the worktime, right? If it is the distance from it started until it is done, then i would say a week to a month. If work time, then around 10-20 hours.

Yes, i made some maps but all of them are horribad and i didnt upload them.
xch00F
I've mapped things in an hour, generally dumps or easy maps
I've had a map on stepmania take nearly 6 months to complete