forum

[invalid] [duplicate] 5 seconds wait time before resuming paused game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zaim_old
the tittle says it all. for example, im playing a beatmap. then, i pause the game for appropiate reason. a while later, i resume the game. the beatmap than rewind for previous 5 second for me to get ready to click the next circle after the last circle i clicked just a while ago. but, the clicked circle don't have to be click anymore. just wait 5 second, and unclicked circle are available to be clicked. how's that? :D
Full Tablet
That kind of pausing could be abused to make the game much easier.
DahplA
Stupidest feature request 2014
Topic Starter
Zaim_old
relax bro. it was just a feature request. doesn't we free to request anything? at least tell me or teach me any good thing about the game coz u a pro. i admitted that im a rookie, but, whats up with that attitude? at least tell me how to fix my request or anything... :|
DahplA
Didn't mean to be rude there, it's just, as previously mention, would be abused by players to get a good score. For instance if you know you'll miss the note, just pause and it goes back a few. Maybe a few things to think about would be things like if it would help the osu players in a beneficial way without changing gameplay, or will it make osu players happier. Things that won't obscure and change the gameplay too dramatically, but still end up being an interesting feature. That would probably be something peppy would look for. It's almost like advertising. Ya know, like, what do osu players want. This is just one of the things people wouldn't want, because it wouldn't change the gameplay detrimentally.
Topic Starter
Zaim_old
i just said that the clicked circles cannot be click anymore. so in that 5 seconds, the circles could not be clicked or grey in colour. if they paused at 1.10 min of the game, then, resume back, the beatmap will rewind back 5 seconds so at 1.05 min. the circles cannot be click. so they can get ready to click next circle after pausing for a long time. so, if they miss it, they really missed it. if they got 100, 100 is what they got. the next circles will available again to be clicked at 1.11 min of the beatmap. if 5 secs to long, 3 secs would be good enough. ;)
Full Tablet
That pause would make some parts of maps much easier.

For example, in a map where you have to jump quickly from one corner of the screen to the other to hit a circle, you could just pause the game before attempting the jump, effectively nullifying the jump.
silmarilen
been suggested and denied before
t/195103
Noffy
I still think this would be a cool idea if combined with replays- during those seconds where you can't click since the score is already decided your cursor will move the way it did like in a replay and you can't move it yourself until that wait time is over.
Oinari-sama
Requested and denied many times (eg t/51304). Please do a search before opening new topics.
Topic Starter
Zaim_old
how in the world there are people think exactly same as my awkward idea...