forum

Good mouse for osu! (can you play osu! from graphic tablet)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Therieri
At last my girlfriend started playing osu! but we have little problem her mouse just doesn't suit osu! at all. It's cheap analog mouse which accuracy is really crap.

So that means I need to buy new mouse to my girlfriend which fits to osu!. I've never really been good mouse player in this game so I don't know which mouse fits mouse best. I was thinking some kind of max 50 euro mouse (can be less) which would be good for starter osu! player. So would you please enlight me with your wisdom and tell me which mouse I should buy to my girlfriend.

I have also another question. My girlfriend is getting tablet after christmas eve. I have noticed this one option from osu! options:
Enable OS TabletPC support: Enable this if you are running a Tablet PC or using graphics tablet and your clicks aren't handled correctly.

So this makes me wonder that what is difference between Tablet PC, graphic Tablet and pen Tablet. Since I have pen tablet myself I know what it is. But I'm not sure is it same as graphic tablet since you can use pen tablet to make graphical things and I think that professional graphical artists use pen tablet to do that instead of mouse? Or does this graphical tablet mean tablet which have graphics in it since pen tablet does not. And what is PC tablet? I really don't have a single clue of that.

EDIT

Well after little googling I found out (or think I found out) that pen tablet and graphical tablet is same thing. But Tablet PC is tablets what majory of people just say to be "tablet. So as example this. Am I right?

So this makes me think that you can actually play osu! by using Tablet PC? Because thats what my girlfriend is getting. Tablet PC not Graphical tablet. And how does it work? Do you play osu! with Tablet PC with same way than graphical tablet or can you get actual osu! to your tablet PC? The same osu! than we play using computer not some osu! app like to your smartphone?

Sorry writing wall of text but I really need answer to this... thanks!
lit120
Logitech will do I guess? Otherwise any kinds of gaming mouse
Topic Starter
Therieri

lit120 wrote:

Logitech will do I guess? Otherwise any kinds of gaming mouse
But logitech have so many different mouses. Know any which would suit girls? And my girl actually isn't gamer girl more like well I could say normal girl I guess even though I'm not sure which is normal girl. But she have never really played from computers more like games from smartphones like Bejeweled, don't touch the spikes and such.
lit120
then it will be "tablet" as your answer. just find something good for your girl. there are many types, ya know
IppE

Therieri wrote:

So this makes me think that you can actually play osu! by using Tablet PC? Because thats what my girlfriend is getting. Tablet PC not Graphical tablet. And how does it work? Do you play osu! with Tablet PC with same way than graphical tablet or can you get actual osu! to your tablet PC? The same osu! than we play using computer not some osu! app like to your smartphone?
Tablet PC refers to a PC with a screen that also acts as a graphics tablet (For example, Surface tablets, Wacom Cintiq etc.). What seperates a Tablet PC from smartphones and tablets is basically the OS, since "Tablet PC" is expected to run a full desktop OS instead of a mobile OS like Android or iOS.

And yes, you can play osu! with a tablet pc the same way you play osu! on a regular pc with a graphics tablet, just that you move the pen over your screen and not a seperate input device. Most tablet pc's are meant for drawing though, and they have a fairly noticeable input latency.

Therieri wrote:

But logitech have so many different mouses. Know any which would suit girls?
Unless she has gross mutant hands, any mouse will suit.
Topic Starter
Therieri

IppE wrote:

Therieri wrote:

Tablet PC refers to a PC with a screen that also acts as a graphics tablet (For example, Surface tablets, Wacom Cintiq etc.). What seperates a Tablet PC from smartphones and tablets is basically the OS, since "Tablet PC" is expected to run a full desktop OS instead of a mobile OS like Android or iOS.

And yes, you can play osu! with a tablet pc the same way you play osu! on a regular pc with a graphics tablet, just that you move the pen over your screen and not a seperate input device. Most tablet pc's are meant for drawing though, and they have a fairly noticeable input latency.

Therieri wrote:

But logitech have so many different mouses. Know any which would suit girls?
Unless she has gross mutant hands, any mouse will suit.
Okey so everyone who plays osu! can get to the list playing from PC tablet? Oh I didn't know that.

Okey I guess best choise for she is this PC Tablet in that case since it is actually option. I thought that you have to play own version of osu! if you want to play from PC tablet but luckily it isn't so.
lit120
It depends man. If she has PC tablet, then she can use it. If not, well graphic tablet of course (if she has one)
Topic Starter
Therieri

lit120 wrote:

It depends man. If she has PC tablet, then she can use it. If not, well graphic tablet of course (if she has one)
At this moment she has either. But she wants to get PC Tablet. Graphic tablets isn't really what she wants to get just for osu! since she haven't really played osu! that much (only 10 plays so far). But PC Tablet she would use for something else also.
lit120

Therieri wrote:

lit120 wrote:

At this moment she has either. But she wants to get PC Tablet. Graphic tablets isn't really what she wants to get just for osu! since she haven't really played osu! that much (only 10 plays so far). But PC Tablet she would use for something else also.
Well, she must buy the new monitor that has touch screen function
Topic Starter
Therieri
Touch screen monitor function might be pretty difficult to get to laptop.
Qenomo
Yes you can play with a Graphics Tablet. I have a Razer Deathadder which I used to use and yea it's good =) I use a tablet now which is a Ctl - 480
Topic Starter
Therieri

PheysHunt wrote:

Yes you can play with a Graphics Tablet. I have a Razer Deathadder which I used to use and yea it's good =) I use a tablet now which is a Ctl - 480
Yeah I have same tablet. I know that I described this thread really badly but I meant more tablet like Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.
Qenomo

Therieri wrote:

PheysHunt wrote:

Yeah I have same tablet. I know that I described this thread really badly but I meant more tablet like Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.
Oh you can play from an iPad I know by using some app and some program on the computer however I prefer using a CTL-480
Topic Starter
Therieri
I prefer it also. But my girlfriend does not. So that's the reason why I asked. So you use that tablet as mouse? Or how it does it actually work?
vincaslt
I use Deathadder 4g, and I'm having a blast!
Topic Starter
Therieri

vincaslt wrote:

I use Deathadder 4g, and I'm having a blast!
Looks nice and all but since my girlfriend isn't PC gamer I believe it's too expensive for her.
Maus
Max 50 euro? uwotm8, you must really LOVE your girlfriend. You can find a 2 euro logitech mouse, they're good enough.
Qenomo

Therieri wrote:

I prefer it also. But my girlfriend does not. So that's the reason why I asked. So you use that tablet as mouse? Or how it does it actually work?
Well the best way to make an iPad like a graphics tablet would be to get a stylus for the iPad and install this app. This might work t/178027
popc0rn
i use logitech g400s
it's fairly cheap and i've been doing pretty well with it
give it a try :3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G400s- ... B00CJAEX70
Topic Starter
Therieri

Maus wrote:

Max 50 euro? uwotm8, you must really LOVE your girlfriend. You can find a 2 euro logitech mouse, they're good enough.
Well I do! Anyone of you know when these new osu tablets come to sell? My GF is interested of those.
AnotherEpicName

Therieri wrote:

Maus wrote:

Well I do! Anyone of you know when these new osu tablets come to sell? My GF is interested of those.
t/265035
Topic Starter
Therieri

deadbeat wrote:

peppy has already stated that the osu!tablet will be getting restocked. when is unknown though. check his twitter every now and then for updates
Since that thread is locked I can't post there so I hope it's fine to ask it here:

Peppy's twitter where he is going to tweet when those tablets are on sell is: https://twitter.com/PPY or something else?

Also Peppy says in his official osu! tablet thread " Preorder?
Current or previous supporters of osu! are given the ability to preorder at https://osu.ppy.sh/p/tablet
"
How this actually happens? Couldn't find the way to preorder from that link or from somewhere else either.
AnotherEpicName
yeah thats his twitter

he'll probably make some kind of preorder site again when there'll be new tablets available in the near future.
but for now, as deadbeat said, it will be restocked but it could take a long time [read months/years] untill its here.
deadbeat
years unlikely. more so months, if not weeks if we're lucky enough ;w;
from what i could tell, there were issues with the last batch and peppy wants to make sure all issues are fixed before restocking. might be wrong though