show more
Bauxe
play more
GoldenWolf
You're caring too much about improving
Relax, have fun and play more
Topic Starter
m20072
alright I get the point xd.. 16k playcount i should have been better though..
Vuelo Eluko
Total Hits: 2,663,978
sayonara_sekai
i have 2x your playcount and im you rank. id get worried if you're still 17k at 35k playcount
winber1
play less
SomeLoli
Err, just play for fun?. Play some maps you can read, then progressively get better while enjoying yourself? If you get stuck at a wall one day...does it matter that much? play some maps to music you enjoy and have fun and you might get over that wall without even noticing.
Topic Starter
m20072
Still somewhat dont get how playing more will help me read, if I play more and get worse at reading?
winber1
play less

once you play zero times a day, uninstall and get a life
SomeLoli

Amano Yukiteru wrote:

Still somewhat dont get how playing more will help me read, if I play more and get worse at reading?
Well if there is a trick/magic potion to acquiring this skill without playing more I would love to know also.
chainpullz
Basically when you come back after a long break you have no expectation to play well so you are more relaxed. After a few days you are back in the swing of things are trying really hard and this is sort of a bad thing. The key to reading is staying relaxed and getting in a good groove.

Edit: If you are in a mood to get good scores, play easier songs that you can relax on and focus on playing to the music and getting a good accuracy. Try to get either 300's or misses, fc's will come eventually. A 100 says you weren't in sync with the music, misses are either bad aim or not in sync, thus they are favorable to 100's. Aim is something that will just become 2nd nature as you play more.

The key to developing good aim is just to play every day. The first 30-60 minutes (numbers made up - point is doesn't take a lot of time) or so that you play each day will have the largest impact on your aim simply because it will get your brain to start developing new connections. Even misses will help your brain make good connections if you see where your cursor is and where the note is so don't feel like you have to do anything special during your warmups. Simply playing like you normally do a little bit each day will help your aim more than playing a lot once a week.
ZenithPhantasm
It looks like we're on the same boat >_>

*Cries over lack of reading skills*
otoed1
How do you have this "fun" I play video games because I need something to focus my energy into and want to become good at something. What is "fun" exactly? How do you know if your having "fun". The only emotion that's largely noticeable to me is frustration/irritation.
ZenithPhantasm

otoed1 wrote:

How do you have this "fun" I play video games because I need something to focus my energy into and want to become good at something. What is "fun" exactly? How do you know if your having "fun". The only emotion that's largely noticeable to me is frustration/irritation.
Fun is playing the game for enjoyment.

"Plz enjoy game" -rrtyui, 2014
Topic Starter
m20072
thanks for replying.. I thought of trying to take a long break again but that's not a good choice (hope its not), rather just play maps I can fc and increase the difficulty overtime instead of maps that I can nearly complete..
[ yogurt ]
The key to improving is having fun instead of aiming for top. Really, you won't get better if you won't have fun playing osu!. Why do you think guys like Ronaldinho, LeBron James, Djokovic, etc. are so good? They love what they do. Simple as that.

Also play more. This game is 80% muscle memory so brakes will hurt your performance.
Vuelo Eluko

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

The key to improving is having fun instead of aiming for top. Really, you won't get better if you won't have fun playing osu!. Why do you think guys like Ronaldinho, LeBron James, Djokovic, etc. are so good? They love what they do. Simple as that.

Also play more. This game is 80% muscle memory so brakes will hurt your performance.
pay any osu player like they get paid to play and they'll be top 50 within a year or 2 of playing
sayonara_sekai
theres also bad muscle memory, just saying

aka you can practice 18 hours a day but if you're playing wrong (rushing notes, mashing, not focusing) you wont learn shit.
Saphirshroom

Riince wrote:

pay any osu player like they get paid to play and they'll be top 50 within a year or 2 of playing
Or do something useful with the money and not giving it to osu nor football players.
Vuelo Eluko

Saphirshroom wrote:

Riince wrote:

Or do something useful with the money and not giving it to osu nor football players.
i dont see the issue, its not like the entertainment industry is hemorrhaging money
use it NoFail click for gotten better, sometimes you will be win.
TCLCNiche
Play ____
Miku Maekawa

41236 wrote:

use it NoFail click for gotten better, sometimes you will be win.
um what
Dozy Van
dude, you need to learn to play for fun.

Logg out of your account and just have fun playing maps for fun, set a load of offline scores and when your playing the game to have fun not to be the next cooki3zi you will just gradually improve ^-^
chainpullz
Or just play online and don't give a fuck? I think I've added like 1500 playcount in the past week without passing more than like 10 maps. Playing online doesn't force you to play for pp. You force yourself to play for pp.
Illkryn
Ye if u can't read might as well give up
Dozy Van

chainpullz wrote:

Or just play online and don't give a fuck? I think I've added like 1500 playcount in the past week without passing more than like 10 maps. Playing online doesn't force you to play for pp. You force yourself to play for pp.

I agree but I got back into playing for fun when I had 2 week without internet and now am back to just enjoying the game ^-^

I think if hes so hung up on PP he wants to quit the game he should go offline for a week and just play the maps he likes and stuff
sayonara_sekai
then he gets a crazy play offline that he wont be able to do again, cry forever and quit
Rilene
Just describing a short secret that most of the people knows. "play for fun" and then you'll gradually improve, don't worry about your performance, worry about 'not having fun' then it'll make you to play for fun and you'll play it like other players normally.
Good luck.. :roll:
otoed1

Sirade wrote:

"play for fun"
Senpai teach me pls. I don't have fun unless im improving. Fun is too much work. D:
chainpullz

otoed1 wrote:

Sirade wrote:

"play for fun"
Senpai teach me pls. I don't have fun unless im improving. Fun is too much work. D:
See a doctor?
Stefan

BanchoBot wrote:

osu! has a large learning curve - you'll get better over time, just keep at it!
Moreover, locked.