forum

[confirmed] Osu!mania key bindings bug

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Out Of Pancakes
Problem Details: When I try to bind my right Alt key, it binds two keys instead of one, as LCon and RAlt in the screenshot. I tried with two different keyboards so this is not where the problem seems to be from.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
- Marco -
Oh, it happens also to me :(
drum drum

marcostudios wrote:

Oh, it happens also to me :(
Screenshot please
- Marco -
Before

When pressing Right Alt

(You can also try it drum drum, it's easy to replicate)
drum drum
Marking as confirmed
karterfreak
This doesn't appear to happen anymore on cutting edge or stable, or at least doesn't happen on my keyboard. Can anyone confirm this has been fixed?
Topic Starter
Out Of Pancakes
I'm on stable and it's still hapening to me.
- Marco -
On cuttingedge it's resolved
drum drum

Out Of Pancakes wrote:

I'm on stable and it's still hapening to me.
Wait for them to push the update to stable. For now try other keybinds
Flanster
This has something to do with smoogi's updates with the nK.ini file config migrations for sure.
If im with my own skin, my controls are what they are normally but the default controls show on the bindings menu.
If you're with the default skin, you cannot change them at all.

I am on b20141212.2cuttingedge
InFish
I have the exact same problem LoliFlan.

I'm on b20141215.3 cutting edge.
smoogipoo
Can anyone confirm this is still a problem on the latest cutting edge?
drum drum
It's not happening for me
smoogipoo
fwiw I couldn't replicate this from day 1 so...
- Marco -
still happens to me :c
Topic Starter
Out Of Pancakes
Too bad, there was a huge patch but the problem wasn't fixed :l
eJang
pls help me also! it says none after I put X C N M.. working for me before the latest update.

DeadMyth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

Internally AltGr sends combined signals of Ctrl+Alt.
So I guess it is working as intended? Maybe it is a keyboard setting...
VeilStar
This thread was 'stuck' at the bottom of the last page on the Technical Support forum (as Confirmed), so I just stickied it.
Also, I can replicate this, but it sounds intdended to me. Reasons why have already been explained.
(Though smoogipooo doesn't seem to be able to replicate it.)
smoogipoo
Confirming that VeilStar has helped me find the cause of the issue. Looks like this is a legacy scenario where RALT is being interpreted as LCON+RALT in foreign keyboard layouts. This will be interesting to fix...
Arras
This happens to me too. If you want to use right alt to play, a workaround is to hold left control, then set your keybindings. If you hold control, it won't trigger control again, so it'll only set Alt. That probably won't help in actually solving the issue, but it's still good to know I suppose.
IamBaum
For any1 who still want to use the right alt key, there is a solution for this.
You can edit the key config manually.
Open and edit the Osu!.[Your Name].cfg file in your osu folder.
Just look for following Lines: ManiaLayouts4K = [] for your 4k setup (etc.) and ManiaLayouts16kSplit = [] for double playfield setups.

This is what these lines look like:

Make sure that your Osu is closed when u edit it, the config file only gets loaded once, when u open osu and it will overwrite your current setting when closing Osu.

EDIT:
If u play with LConl and right Alt in your key setup, then you will always trigger both keys whenever u press right Alt, but you only trigger the LCon key, if u click that one. (This is kinda problematic for my 18k setup).
VeilStar
Moving to low priority.
Nyquill
this isn't happening for me. I'm going to try to go through chunks of LP in the next couple of days so I would appreciate any help in providing additional replication information if this is still a thing.

as in which specific keyboard layouts I have to use and stuff.