forum

So I bought a tablet./pen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ColdbloodedXYZ
Heads up for those who use tablet/pens..

for fuck sake First off

That tablet area is COLD AS SHIT my hand burns of ice q-q maybe its because i freshly unpacked it 1 hour ago

ok so I was only playing with Keyboard / Mouse and I did more or less fine on 4-5 star maps, 6 stars are barely do able in my case but with a shit score that isn't even funny.

I play osu anyways for fun but I wanna progress.. and the reason I bought the Intous CTH 480H Pen and Touch is because.. my Mouse is heavy shit EVEN tough I can remove weights from it (removed them all) the moves weights barely about 20 gramm now I think and Its still to heavy for me to upkeep 3 or 4 minute songs.. as my hand firmly GRASPS and dang my hand muscles dont want to move and I suddenly see that my mouse doesnt go the way I wanna go.

that aside I bought it also to take some drawing lessons ;3 since I have more free time now than usual.

btw about mapping area on the tablet any tips? I set mine to the minimum possible in the middle of the tablet.

everything working fine, tough its weird to hover the pen ... lol but I got used to it..
Gumpy
Larger area get used to it
play more cuz one hour is not a lot mate
chainpullz
Larger tablet area makes it easier to hover.
Topic Starter
ColdbloodedXYZ
well i see how larger area makes it easier to hover but then i am to slow, or idk..as with mouse I used a 4k dpi, raw input 1,15x mouse speed.

I already barely moved it with mouse, anyway to raise the speed of the pen? on larger areas can'T figure that out

and yea I know 1 hour is nothing.
gregest
you can't play with tablet after 1 hour?noob,you have to quit,there is no hope for you
Fluxi
Is the pen really that heavy? Make sure you have a firm grip and don't be afraid to try different types of grips while in the early stages of leaning. You may come across a grip that suits you and is the most comfortable for you.

In terms of area, many people will say use bigger area, but that is no reason to rush into it. First get comfortable with the area you are using and figure out how best to hold the pen. Once you are comfortable with that, periodically, you can slowly increase your tablet area and you will find it to be a smoother transition in terms of increasing area size rather than increasing it suddenly.
Vuelo Eluko
My hand doesnt even touch my tablet, i ended up doing that because the elevation from the desk bothered me along with the tablet slipping and sliding all over the place because i thrash my hand around like a fish when i play. Just rest your wrist on the desk, WWW does it
Topic Starter
ColdbloodedXYZ
so far i like smallest the best for some reason >.> the others are simply to "slow" I need a fast feeling when i move my pen, and cursor in the game. It needs to move fast. lel so I think i will stick with the small area ;o
Vuelo Eluko

ColdbloodedXYZ wrote:

so far i like smallest the best for some reason >.> the others are simply to "slow" I need a fast feeling when i move my pen, and cursor in the game. It needs to move fast. lel so I think i will stick with the small area ;o
its because your hand is slow, you're not doing yourself any favors using a small area so early on
sayonara_sekai
oh yeah? well I can play 9 star songs!!!
Vuelo Eluko

phonics wrote:

oh yeah? well I can play 9 star songs!!!
i can get 30% on centipede with relax
Topic Starter
ColdbloodedXYZ

Riince wrote:

ColdbloodedXYZ wrote:

its because your hand is slow, you're not doing yourself any favors using a small area so early on
maybe because i am lazy ;3 D: lel. well as for not doing any favor . uhm I think I am kinda fine with it I just need to get used to it..

I thought I will have to restart on shitty 1-2 star songs but I can keep fine 3-4 stars but no fc and shit so i just need to play again for some months to get the hang of it
chainpullz
Dragging is a totally viable way of playing too and helps out more the smaller your tablet area is. I currently use a combination as my tablet area is the border of being better for one or the other (for me at least).
-sev

ColdbloodedXYZ wrote:

I used a 4k dpi, raw input 1,15x mouse speed.
buny
play more
SomeLoli

chainpullz wrote:

Larger tablet area makes it easier to hover.
Hmm I hover on small area (1.81 x 1.02), seems fine to me, not like I can play really hard maps yet though....getting there...somewhat.

You should just play with what you're comfortable with, not necessarily what is considered the best method. People I know told me to use large as well but I don't like it. I've played shooting games on a high sens for like 11 years now so suddenly having to move my hand around so much to cover the screen feels so wrong. For that reason alone I like to keep it small to match the feel on other games.
GoldenWolf
One should probably just use the biggest area they're comfortable with, doesn't mean it has to be actually large though
lit120
it depends man, as long as you're getting used to it a lot
AegisFTW
I've recently unboxed my tablet (a CTL 480) and I've been having good progress transitioning from my mouse (3600 3200 DPI, 1920x1080 Res).

Major differences when I first started playing was speed of songs I could play, I go much slower with a tablet and any jumps over 180 or 190 are incredibly hard for me, but considering the fact I couldn't even play insane maps for the first three or four hours I got my tablet I suppose it's reasonable why they are hard.

When I first got my tablet I could only play 2-3 star maps with struggle, but after a while I managed to be able to play some maps around my skill level...minus one star. Essentially six star maps which I would get Bs and Cs on I can't do anymore, five star maps are like six star maps when I could them, however I can't FC them, four star maps are my five star maps from before, yada yada...

Also full tablet area was pretty awkward so I did some simple math and I centered 75% of my full tablet area to my tablet.

If you're like me you should be able to play insanes in the next few hours if you aren't already. However I don't know if sticking to my current tablet area is a good idea.
buny
3600 dpi so low

ned 7200 dpi
AegisFTW

buny wrote:

3600 dpi so low

ned 7200 dpi
We ned mor dip, mouse 11/11, mouse speed 6x, dpi 8000. for you see when you increase, you'll look so gud you'll won't be the moving hand.
Topic Starter
ColdbloodedXYZ
haha yea i am getting more and more used to it. I went away from the smallest mapping to alittle big bitter lets say its like 1.5x or 2x bigger than the smallest mapping. ;o because i noticed my little finger which is lying on the tablet gets herped because on faster songs and long songs i use to much pressure with my arm on the tablet.. >-> dunno why.