forum

Can I use another computer to play osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miles Eremita
Hello Osu Forum, I have a question for you.
I'm getting a laptop for christmas and I want to use it to play online at my school and wherever I go. Is this allowed? I don't want to be banned for using another computer on another IP. I'm also going to continue playing on my main computer at home, so I would be using two different computers on my account. Please respond!
Mr Capuce
you can play anywhere, but only allowed to use one account.
Kouya-
Just use your account and not make a new one or use someone elses, that's all that'll apply .
Mofu kun
As long as someone else doesn't use your account

you will be fine
Qenomo
Make sure you do not let anyone use your account.
Therieri

Capuce Sm wrote:

Me and my girlfriend are playing from same IP (because we live in same house). This doesn't may cause to us both getting banned?
B1rd

Therieri wrote:

Capuce Sm wrote:

Me and my girlfriend are playing from same IP (because we live in same house). This doesn't may cause to us both getting banned?
you shouldn't.
cheezstik

Therieri wrote:

Capuce Sm wrote:

Like others said, it should be fine as long as you play on your account, and no one else does. I think I remember seeing a staff member or mod or something confirm that you are allowed to play from the same IP, but you may not play on her account, and vice versa. IP isn't the only way they track you, they use HWID as well so they can tell that you are on different computers.
Therieri
You shouldn't? B1rd what does that actually mean? That we have to get own internet connection for osu! ? You don't actually tell what you are trying to say.

cheezstik you mean that as long as I play only from my own house everything should be fine? And don't do anything what makes them think that my account is multiaccount where multiple different persons play from?
Multi-accounting is forbidden.
Sharing the same account is forbidden.
Using magic to play is forbidden.
Therieri

41236 wrote:

Multi-accounting is forbidden.
Sharing the same account is forbidden.
Using magic to play is forbidden.
But multiple persons playing from same house (each one with own account) isn't forbidden as far as I know right?
Midori Tea

Therieri wrote:

But multiple persons playing from same house (each one with own account) isn't forbidden as far as I know right?
Right, it is allowed for multiple people to play within the same house as long as they are using their own account.
Kouya-

Yorumi-San wrote:

Right, it is allowed for multiple people to play within the same house as long as they are using their own account.
Then why did I get silenced for 400 hours when my brothers and sisters play osu as well and all their accounts got banned ?

Kouya- wrote:

Yorumi-San wrote:

Then why did I get silenced for 400 hours when my brothers and sisters play osu as well and all their accounts got banned ?
because the staff is fucking stupid, they was just kind of guessing via ur IP, HWID, MAC, plays, acc info.
Therieri
That sounds bad. Did you tell your case to them and that they made big mistake? Does things like this occur much?