forum

[duplicate] Multiplayer Host, and co-host

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
EmanuelAlcon
Hello;

The topic is simple. In multiplayer there should be the owner (the owner being the main host) of the room and a co-host.

Well why do we need a co-host?

The answer is simple, lets say you are in a multiplayer room, and the owner of the room is passing the hosting options around so everyone can select a song (happens in most multiplayer rooms ) and suddenly a new person joins the room and someone gives them the host privileges, and suddenly once this person gets the host privileges he starts kicking everyone out of the room or just doesn't give enough time for people to finish downloading and force starts the game, and right after each song, he just keeps force starting the game, doesn't give host to other people,etc..

Okay, get to your point!

Well the co-host is basically going to be able to change the song, and maybe even the game mode, something the co-host will not be able to do is as following:
  • Change the tittle of the room
  • Kick out players
  • Keep co-host for as long as he/she wants.
Host

The host will be able to do everything the host can do right now.
  • Change the title of the room
  • Kick out players
  • Change the song
  • Change the game mode
  • Give the co-host privileges to someone or take them away (If it ever is implied)
  • Change whether there is free mods and decide the use of Nightcore/Double Time
Co-Host

The co-host can do the following:
  • Change the song
  • Maybe change game mode
Bauxe
Think I have seen this somewhere... Searching...

edit: This I guess? t/199060
Topic Starter
EmanuelAlcon

Bauxe wrote:

Think I have seen this somewhere... Searching...

edit: This I guess? t/199060
Well I guess I see what you mean but this is different. This is so only one person has full power while someone has a little power over the multiplayer room. Only being one person with full power to do whatever he/she pleases, and giving someone a little power to do limited things without giving full power away.
Bauxe

41236 wrote:

t/99948
There we go. Thanks.