forum

Why this advice didnt work?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rewben2

chainpullz wrote:

The longest period of time you have to micro in league is like the duration of a 15 second team fight and you need to time at most 5 clicks per second with the average being probably about 2.5 a second
That's the exact point. Playing league does not challenge your ability to aim/be precise with mouse movements nearly as much as osu! does, therefore playing osu! helps improve it much more effectively. And do keep in mind, just because a teamfight is only 15 seconds it doesn't mean it isn't important.

chainpullz wrote:

There is micro in league but you don't get giant fucking circles to aim for
Uhh the hitboxes in league you have to click on are very comparable to the "giant fucking circles" in osu! you have to aim for. I know the games are not comparable as far as rhythm goes and approach rates blah blah, but aiming your cursor is the same.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
LOL kids with l2p issues in moba games are funny as shit. You must be more retarded than a fucking retarded monkey with it's brains scooped out if you can't manage to click around the huge as shit, slow moving enemies on your screen. Moba esports is some cringeworthy shit.
chainpullz
League is a decision game and osu is a rhythm game. The difficulty in micro in league is not derived simply from aiming a cursor at a hitbox, it's about making the correct decisions on which hit boxes to aim for and which direction to immediately make you move click in. In osu you need much more accurate cursor movement but you literally have 0 decisions to make. The cursor specifics between the games are not even comparable and if you fail to see that then you are as delusional as the author of that article. Both games are difficult to play at the top level and playing one will not improve your ability to play the other.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Do you even know what microing is? You can't micro with one unit.

Or if that's some retarded moba language then I don't care.
buny

thedamntrain wrote:

you are thinking of macro management

micro is one unit
chainpullz

buny wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

micro is one unit
Apparently I'm just retarded for playing other games. I think someone is just a little salty.
buny
um no clue why you are quoting me
Rewben2
Ignore damntrain

chainpullz wrote:

The difficulty in micro in league is not derived simply from aiming a cursor at a hitbox, it's about making the correct decisions on which hit boxes to aim for and which direction to immediately make you move click in.
I know that. That's why it improves your >>mechanical<< skill, not your decision-making. Choosing what target to aim for and what direction to move in depending on the situation is decision-making, not just aiming your mouse. Which is what I've been saying it helps with. Don't confuse what I'm saying it helps with.

chainpullz wrote:

The cursor specifics between the games are not even comparable

chainpullz wrote:

playing one will not improve your ability to play the other.
How so? They are both flat games and if you're playing at the same sensitivity, moving from point x to point y should be exactly the same for each game. I said that "It would only help you if you suck at aiming your mouse in league and find yourself misclicking/misaiming your mouse". If you don't have this problem then there's nothing to improve in that sense.

Improving and developing your muscle memory from playing one game and then transferring it to another game with the same sensitivity definitely seems valid to me.
Vuelo Eluko
the game is like 20% last hitting, 40% decision making, 39% map awareness and 1% the mouse/keyboard skills that you passively develop well enough while developing the other 3 aspects to get you to any level of play

'mechanics' mostly fall under decision making
chainpullz
@buny was explaining why you CAN'T POSSIBLY be right.

I think if you have issues with aiming in general in league it is much more likely due to some combination of a shitty mouse or shitty mouse settings than it is a complete lack of motor skills. Neither of which you can really fix from playing osu.

Riince wrote:

the game is like 20% last hitting, 40% decision making, 39% map awareness and 1% the mouse/keyboard skills that you passively develop well enough while developing the other 3 aspects to get you to any level of play
The difference in mechanical skill between carry players at the professional level does include mouse/keyboard skills. Granted we are literally talking about the top .0001% or something so yeah, 1% could still be a good figure even when looking at this extreme subset of players.
Rewben2

chainpullz wrote:

I think if you have issues with aiming in general in league it is much more likely due to some combination of a shitty mouse or shitty mouse settings than it is a complete lack of motor skills. Neither of which you can really fix from playing osu.
It may be because of bad mouse settings. I still say it can be helped from playing osu!, though. Just that one aspect though.

Riince wrote:

The 1% being mouse/keyboard is likely true at higher levels of play. At lower levels of play you may be underestimating how small that factor is though, plenty of people would make simple mistakes when it comes to clicking/pressing keys and are in need of improving that factor.
winber1
pls let's be friends guys

i brought an inspirational quote from link to pacify the situation
SPOILER

as long as we have circles to click, no anger shall harm us
-link2014
buny
i have inspirational quote

-link2014

-buny2015
Rewben2

winber1 wrote:

pls let's be friends guys
we are being friends :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

-link2014

-buny2015

-rewben2016
Nathan

buny wrote:

i have inspirational quote

-link2014

-buny2015
i cri
ZenithPhantasm
I noticed improvement in my circle clicking skills from playing osu :)

In all seriousness I noticed my aim is more consistent in fps games but thats basically it.
Nyxa
I just spammed square jump practice maps and then I could suddenly do squares. If you can't read them as patterns you need to learn to read.

Tornado jumps are dumb

Also, tried Zenith's reaction time thing out and it's pretty neat http://puu.sh/d4E8d.png
Are there any other similar websites where you can test shit?
-sev

Riince wrote:

i wonder what makes people cringe more, pony avatars or league of legends avatars
Ponies for sure.
ERA Puzzle

Riince wrote:

There is a massive difference between mechanics and decision making...
Mechanics is essentially how efficiently you do things i.e. stutter stepping as an adc, correct timing on zeds abilities, using Yasuo's mobility to the fullest, and on a very basic level having good mouse control and accuracy. I would go so far as to say that last hitting even falls under mechanics because it's how efficiently you get gold

League is more like 70% mechanics and 30% decision making, with the former being less important the higher and higher you go up in skill
For instance, you could easily climb to diamond league off of almost entirely pure mechanics
However there becomes less of a mechanical descrepency as you go up in skill and more of a decision making, up to the point where the most competitive games of league are almost purely decision making - there's a reason SSW crushed worlds so hard this year.

Edit: This is so off topic why am I doing this
Vuelo Eluko

DJPuzzle wrote:

Riince wrote:

Mechanics is essentially how efficiently you do things i.e. stutter stepping as an adc, correct timing on zeds abilities, using Yasuo's mobility to the fullest, and on a very basic level having good mouse control and accuracy. I would go so far as to say that last hitting even falls under mechanics because it's how efficiently you get gold

League is more like 70% mechanics and 30% decision making, with the former being less important the higher and higher you go up in skill
For instance, you could easily climb to diamond league off of almost entirely pure mechanics
However there becomes less of a mechanical descrepency as you go up in skill and more of a decision making, up to the point where the most competitive games of league are almost purely decision making - there's a reason SSW crushed worlds so hard this year.
my skill in last hitting and stutter stepping etc never changed significantly when i went from 1200 elo to 1700 in season 2, and 1867 in preseason 3, it was purely because of my map awareness and decision making getting better, so I'm mostly just speaking from experience here.

deciding which direction to stutter step , in what place to drop that rumble ultimate, or how long to hold onto that zhonyas active are all parts of mechanics and are 90% decision making 10% actually doing it.

take that crazy zed vs zed 1v1 that happened in that blind pick ogn game, those were sick mechanics, but everything they did was impressive because of how fast they made the decisions to do things, not because they were able to move their mouse in such a way.

edit: fixed the wall of text
Rewben2

DJPuzzle wrote:

Riince wrote:

This is exactly how I see it. I would have written something similar but eh, it's off-topic and I've been so uninvolved with league for months that I don't really know what to say.

The thing is, mechanics and decision-making tie in so close with eachother. Like dropping a rumble ultimate, deciding where you want to drop it is one thing and actually executing that quickly and accurately is another. But like you said, at very top levels of the game the decision-making far outweighs the mechanics because everyone already has great mechanics.
ERA Puzzle

Riince wrote:

my skill in last hitting and stutter stepping etc never changed when i went from 1200 elo to 1700 in season 2, and 1867 in preseason 3, it was purely because of my map awareness and decision making getting better, so I'm mostly just speaking from experience here.

deciding which direction to stutter step , in what place to drop that rumble ultimate, or how long to hold onto that zhonyas active are all parts of mechanics and are 90% decision making 10% actually doing it.

take that crazy zed vs zed 1v1 that happened in that blind pick ogn game, those were sick mechanics, but everything they did was impressive because of how fast they made the decisions to do things, not because they were able to move their mouse in such a way.

edit: fixed the wall of text
We may have played together preseason 3, what was your name?
Faker vs Ryu was something like 50% mechanics 50% decision making IMO. Even Faker himself said in one of his AMA's that he was only focusing on using QSS and nothing else during the fight. Also, if mechanics = how efficiently something is done, then using abilities at the correct time would be mechanics, not decision making, no? Decision making falls more under a macro style where mechanics is micro

For instance making the decision to go take drag because their midlaner just backed and you know their jungler is top side vs using a qss on the last tick of ignite. That's not really a decision, is it? That's more of a reaction
Vuelo Eluko

DJPuzzle wrote:

We may have played together preseason 3, what was your name?
Faker vs Ryu was something like 50% mechanics 50% decision making IMO. Even Faker himself said in one of his AMA's that he was only focusing on using QSS and nothing else during the fight. Also, if mechanics = how efficiently something is done, then using abilities at the correct time would be mechanics, not decision making, no? Decision making falls more under a macro style where mechanics is micro

For instance making the decision to go take drag because their midlaner just backed and you know their jungler is top side vs using a qss on the last tick of ignite. That's not really a decision, is it? That's more of a reaction
i dont remember what my name in the preseason was because i name changed prolifically, and this is the only screenshot i could find of myself but it wasnt during the preseason...

you might recognize the name XxYoLoXxSwAgX420 which I used for some time as well.

also to add i think as long as you arent panicking and doing nothing as a result or missing information [like there being 1 tick of ignite left and you having not enough health to survive it for example], you're making a decision, even if it's reactionary, your brain is processing and using this information and the actual movement which is what people think osu helps with is barely any of it
cheezstik

DJPuzzle wrote:

Faker vs Ryu was something like 50% mechanics 50% decision making IMO. Even Faker himself said in one of his AMA's that he was only focusing on using QSS and nothing else during the fight.
That doesn't mean it's not decision making, ryu decided to ult him so he decided to qss, then ryu decided to use all his abilities to hit faker, which faker decided to dodge etc. He just has the mechanics to back up those decisions, doesn't make it any less decision making.

DJPuzzle wrote:

You could call it a reaction, but at the same time it's still deciding to do something that fits the situation.
ERA Puzzle

Riince wrote:

No I have no idea :c
I also didn't play during season 3 until the very end, I quit right before they implemented league and shiz, I think I was about 1950~ elo

cheezstik wrote:

I did say it was 50/50 :o
Vuelo Eluko
You probably didnt see me then, i was floating mostly around 1700-1800 for the preseason, the push to 1867 was last day and kinda lucky because i didnt want to be placed in gold.
ERA Puzzle

Riince wrote:

You probably didnt see me then, i was floating mostly around 1700-1800 for the preseason, the push to 1867 was last day and kinda lucky because i didnt want to be placed in gold.
I figured I might have seen you cause I floated around 1850 for a while and hard climbed up the next 100 after a pretty large amount of games, and I got the same people almost every game
My name at the time was GoSu Liquid
Nyxa

Riince wrote:

And yet 99% of pp is calculated based on that 1% of T/M/K skills required
Vuelo Eluko

Tess wrote:

Riince wrote:

And yet 99% of pp is calculated based on that 1% of T/M/K skills required
exactly, 2 different games, osu is mostly in the mouse/keyboard skills but also a pretty large portion is reading
its probably like 40/60
Topic Starter
Vesrand

Tess wrote:

I just spammed square jump practice maps and then I could suddenly do squares. If you can't read them as patterns you need to learn to read.

Tornado jumps are dumb

Also, tried Zenith's reaction time thing out and it's pretty neat http://puu.sh/d4E8d.png
heh this is actually good idea! I found one http://osu.ppy.sh/b/292576
It appears that i have hard time doing it at 180 bpm and totally cant do 200 bpm version. I just cant read it at ar9 :? no matter how much and how hard i try (at ar10 its a bit easier but my goal is to do it at ar9). Now its clear for me why i cant pass square moments in other 200 bpm maps (like this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/188835&m=0 ) Seems that problem with my reading.
Can you suggest some more jump practice maps?
Karuta-_old_1

Vesrand wrote:

Tess wrote:

Tornado jumps are dumb

heh this is actually good idea! I found one http://osu.ppy.sh/b/292576
It appears that i have hard time doing it at 180 bpm and totally cant do 200 bpm version. I just cant read it at ar9 :? no matter how much and how hard i try (at ar10 its a bit easier but my goal is to do it at ar9). Now its clear for me why i cant pass square moments in other 200 bpm maps (like this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/188835&m=0 ) Seems that problem with my reading.
Can you suggest some more jump practice maps?
squares is probably the hardest when you are comfortable with higher AR, if you can hit those consistently then other kind of jumps are just easy
Topic Starter
Vesrand

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

squares is probably the hardest when you are comfortable with higher AR, if you can hit those consistently then other kind of jumps are just easy
Indeed. You are right except that there is one harder jump type)
I dont know how its called but its when 1st note at point X, 2nd one at point Y, then again X and then Y and so on. So you actually move cursor between 2 points. I dont know why but this is hardest thing in osu. At least for me :)
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

buny wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

micro is one unit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromanag ... ameplay%29
Educate yourself, stupid retard.
buny

thedamntrain wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromanagement_%28gameplay%29
Micromanagement versus Macromanagement
There is sometimes confusion regarding the difference between micromanagement and macromanagement, normally abbreviated as 'micro' and 'macro' respectively. Macro generally refers to managing large quantities of tasks at the same time. For example, building units from various structures throughout the game while also building more structures, scouting, creating new bases, etc. This is different from micro, which is generally controlling small amounts of units and giving them very specific orders.
r u evn trying? lol
ERA Puzzle

thedamntrain wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromanag ... ameplay%29
I'm sure you have a lot of friends.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

buny wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

Micromanagement versus Macromanagement
There is sometimes confusion regarding the difference between micromanagement and macromanagement, normally abbreviated as 'micro' and 'macro' respectively. Macro generally refers to managing large quantities of tasks at the same time. For example, building units from various structures throughout the game while also building more structures, scouting, creating new bases, etc. This is different from micro, which is generally controlling small amounts of units and giving them very specific orders.
r u evn trying? lol
You were referring to microing in league of legends, which I pointed out is retarded, since you're not controlling more than 1 unit (in most cases, at least)

Since I know for 100% you are still confused let me explain this in very clearly;

Micromanagement is controlling multiple units at once, while giving the individual units different instructions. I don't play LoL, nor retard mobas in general, but if you know the hero from Dota2 that splits into multiple heroes and you can control them indifferently, then that is what micro management is.
buny
you linked wiki as a citation and then you just contradicted it, which clearly states "This is different from micro, which is generally controlling small amounts of units and giving them very specific orders."
how does this not include giving specific orders to one unit? 1 unit is considered "small amounts of units" and they are given specific orders too.

you are too dense to consider yourself being wrong, mostly because you are not american thus you have a small dick

and i should know because i'm american
ERA Puzzle

buny wrote:

you linked wiki as a citation and then you just contradicted it, which clearly states "This is different from micro, which is generally controlling small amounts of units and giving them very specific orders."
how does this not include giving specific orders to one unit? 1 unit is considered "small amounts of units" and they are given specific orders too.

you are too dense to consider yourself being wrong, mostly because you are not american thus you have a small dick

hahahaha
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

buny wrote:

Well this is no fun, you're literally too stupid to insult.
buny

thedamntrain wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

Well this is no fun, you're literally too stupid to insult.
if you knew american english, you'd have a much larger vocabulary
show more