forum

why osu is about clicking circles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sonicspin
osu! is a p-cool game, it's about clicking circles, not aiming them
because aiming them is EZ, you just have to keep the beat of the circles
when you move, there's a selected window of time where you can click it, this is, obviously, AR, but certain patterns make the window lower (big jumps, spaced streams)
and this is why learning to snap is important, because it lets you have the same window as the AR most of the time

and this is why the hardest maps are just practically spamming with rhythm

my opinion ;)
buny

sonicspin wrote:

osu! is a p-cool game, it's about clicking circles, not aiming them
because aiming them is EZ, you just have to keep the beat of the circles
when you move, there's a selected window of time where you can click it, this is, obviously, AR, but certain patterns make the window lower (big jumps, spaced streams)
and this is why learning to snap is important, because it lets you have the same window as the AR most of the time

and this is why i'm rank 117k

my opinion ;)
a more accurate description
sayonara_sekai
i agree. I have rank 1 mechanics but i dont care about rank thats why im 17k, osu is easy just spamming in rhythm and aim is easy. I could SS DTHR hoshizora but cant be arsed so I just get 1x misses on 4.5 star maps instead cause this game is so easy
buny
E m i
dis gon b gud :)
xasuma
I can smell it.

SPOILER
shitpost
AdamMZ
Osu is soo easy. I can play Freedom Dive with blindfold + cover the screen + HR + PF + NC + HD + FL + using an object to press the smoke button + mouse only + 1 x 1 screen + ...
cheezstik

sonicspin wrote:

I think you mean OD, AR is how long you have to react or read the circle, while OD is how long you have to click it and have it registers as a 300, as opposed to a 100 or 50, or even a miss. Patterns don't change OD within the same song, a map will stay within it's same OD the whole way through, doesn't matter what pattern or sort of stream you're doing. The only "change" to OD is sliders, you either hit the start, or you don't hit it, which breaks combo, so you don't have to be accurate with sliders. Snapping also doesn't change anything to do with AR or OD.

sonicspin wrote:

and this is why the hardest maps are just practically spamming with rhythm
This is why the others are making fun of you, the hardest maps aren't just spamming, sure, you might be able to get a pass on them by just spamming, which is what a lot of players do and suddenly think they are good, but to play them properly and well, you can't just spam. Try playing a map with at least OD8, use no-fail or even autopilot if you have to, see how good your accuracy is when you just spam.
FieryLight
Well, aiming isn't terribly difficult if the beats are mostly distance snapped. Try playing a song that wasn't built with mostly distance snapping, for example: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/106318

Btw, this is what distance snapping is if you don't already know:

cheezstik wrote:

This is why the others are making fun of you, the hardest maps aren't just spamming, sure, you might be able to get a pass on them by just spamming, which is what a lot of players do and suddenly think they are good, but to play them properly and well, you can't just spam. Try playing a map with at least OD8, use no-fail or even autopilot if you have to, see how good your accuracy is when you just spam.
I think what he meant was that the map was "spamming" (full of) tricky rhythms, not that you have to spam to get through them
-JaZe-
Hopefully a troll
cheezstik

FieryLight wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

I think what he meant was that the map was "spamming" (full of) tricky rhythms, not that you have to spam to get through them
Well, if that's what he meant, then he is wrong there as well anyway, ofc aim might seem easy at that rank, but for a map to be hard (as in 5+ star hard), it generally has to have a combination of high speed and aim requirements, unless it's 600bpm streams in the same spot or something. Confusing rhythms don't really contribute that much to a maps star difficulty, airman has a pretty high star difficulty, and is pretty aim intensive while having a pretty easy, simple rhythm.
Rewben2
lmao buny

@OP I don't really understand what you're saying but I'll pick at the only part I can interpret. Saying that "aiming them is EZ" is not right, there's definitely maps that challenge aim.
Bauxe

sonicspin wrote:

there's a selected window of time where you can click it, this is, obviously, AR
Shitpost or not, don't know what you're talking about.
winber1
254098274095872 wrongs make a right

this guy knows what he's doing
don't mess
buny

winber1 wrote:

254098274095872 wrongs make a right

this guy knows what he's doing
don't mess
WOT R U IMPLYING?????????????????

Vuelo Eluko

phonics wrote:

i agree. I have rank 1 mechanics but i dont care about rank thats why im 17k, osu is easy just spamming in rhythm and aim is easy. I could SS DTHR hoshizora but cant be arsed so I just get 1x misses on 4.5 star maps instead cause this game is so easy
ye same
AdamMZ
Buny is the best! d(>ω<)b
Nathan
But what if I play with squares in my skin
I Give Up

sonicspin wrote:

aiming them is EZ
inb4 fc airman +hdhr.
xsrsbsns
lol you srs this is old news
DahplA