forum

Nero vs. After School - Sound In Motion vs. AH

posted
Total Posts
show more
DeletedUser_4329079
Three spinners seem to be more than enough for HR, you can change HP drain back to what it was and make everybody happy :D
XHPLAYER[_]
Topic Starter
galvenize
Hurry up and rank yourself.
DeletedUser_4329079

galvenize wrote:

Hurry up and rank yourself.
:lol:
Frey
lmao, who added a ''Japanese'' tag in the Genre?

It's obvious Korean
Topic Starter
galvenize

Frey wrote:

lmao, who added a ''Japanese'' tag in the Genre?

It's obvious Korean
Isn't it a bot of some sorts?
Kyubey
No, QAT manage that.
Exote
lmfao
Topic Starter
galvenize
Updated!

to reset graveyard timer.
hent2222
Approved pls XD
jai_
A bit unrelated, but does anyone know which song by "After School" is in this mashup?

As I understand, this song is a DnB mash between K-Pop girl band after school and UK Electronic music producer Nero.

The Nero song "Sound In Motion" can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNKS3yRcfYc

Does anyone know which "After School" song is used?
jai_
Wintermute
[Ignore this, I'm an idiot. Forgot to redownload] :( :?
Luel Roseline
Wait...

http://soundcloud.com/fauxami/sound-in-motion-vs-ah

Genre: Electronic
Language: Korean
Topic Starter
galvenize

S A V E R Y wrote:

Wait...

I don't know who is to blame.
Luel Roseline

galvenize wrote:

S A V E R Y wrote:

Wait...

I don't know who is to blame.
I know...
Anyway, I have some suggestions in this song.

[General]You should to add this tags.
New schoolgirl 애프터 스쿨 remix
Luel Roseline

MintyMcFresh wrote:

A bit unrelated, but does anyone know which song by "After School" is in this mashup?

As I understand, this song is a DnB mash between K-Pop girl band after school and UK Electronic music producer Nero.

The Nero song "Sound In Motion" can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNKS3yRcfYc

Does anyone know which "After School" song is used?
Here.

The language was changed Japanese to Korean.
deanio97
love the map... but PLEEASE FIX THE TIMING ISSUES IN IT!! it was fine until I updated just now T^T
Kyubey
Just redownload the map...
TBCheesecake
Probably my favorite map right now :) Can't wait until its ranked!
Pitreq
Everything about this beatmap is really cool, bg,song,map....

:oops:
kuro_x_shiro
Good map (redownloading helped) - I'm just an idiot :D
Kyubey

yes, I remember about modding request, but can't do it now because I have serious keyboard issues
Lami
03:47:625 (10,11,1) - mistake about stream shape?
agedon
Wow... i really like this map, one of my favorites maps. The flow feels great.
Kornbeef
Always love your maps, but the AR 9.3 map gets pretty repetitive. Not complaining about the difficulty, the pattern just gets really repetitive.
WellStarbursts
Nero vs After School - Sound In Motion vs AH (Fauxami Mashup)
"Another"

Foreword:

Hey galv! Quite a nice map set here - I've decided to just mod the "Another" difficulty as this is the difficulty that a player of my level will most likely play. I saw only a few improvements that could be made. Most of the recommended changes concern inconsistencies in your use of flow and spacing to emphasize the vocal track. Overall, this is quite a fun difficulty that is neither too challenging nor boring. With that all said, let's jump into the mod!

Mod:

1. 01:38:315 (2) - Consider stacking this note on top of 01:38:488 (3) in order to emphasize the vocals. A similar style is implemented for similar reasons throughout the map. Examples include: 02:02:625 (4,5) , 02:57:798 (4,5) and 04:48:143 (4,5).
  1. 02:32:970 (6,7,1) - Increase the spacing between this series of notes to provide greater emphasis on the vocal track. This sort of technique is used extensively in the map (example: 04:15:384 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5), and I couldn't quite rationalize why these three notes were so close together. The easiest fix is to simply move 02:33:143 (7) further off to the right. This alteration will retain the flow you've created while increasing the intensity of that part of the map to a degree that more aptly fits the song.
  1. 04:00:729 (3,4) - A similar issue as described above exists between these two notes as well. The easiest fix would be to move 04:00:729 (3) further up and to the left so that the jump between it, the previous note and the next note becomes larger. If you choose to go through with that change, then consider pointing 04:00:901 (4) a little more to the right to increase the contrasting flow between the surrounding notes. Once more, this alteration will retain the flow you've created while increasing the intensity of that part of the map to a degree that more aptly fits the song.

Personal Preferences:

1. 02:14:350 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I'm not too sure if the lack of hit sounds in this series of notes was intentional - but I would add some as you did here: 04:26:419 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5)
Topic Starter
galvenize
Thanks, applied all of it.
Bonsai
Heya, I mainly came here to tell you that the offset should be a bit less, like -4ms if not more; I also had a look at the Extra and Another so I'm actually contributing something too, I hope it helps ^^

[Extra]
  1. 02:24:350 (5,6) - Those are really close, might be easily confused with being only 1/4 apart as there are a lot of higher spaced 1/4s and 02:23:660 (1,2,3,4) is really high spaced and the song doesn't have any less intensity at 02:24:350 (5,6) so it seems confusing / unnatural imo, and it's inconsistent with 04:36:759 (5,6) too.
  2. 03:20:208 (1,1,1) - There are no beats at the end of these spinners so seperating them feels weird to me, escpecially since 03:28:483 is left out, so I'd rather put the into one long spiner, it's one continuous sound after all. Also, I'd let it end one white tick later at 03:29:518 -, the big gap feels weird to imo and in an Extra everyone can handle just one beat of recovery time ^^ You did both of this in the Insane so it would also be for consistency's sake I guess
  3. 03:38:139 (1,2) - All other main-downbeats are sliders, these is the only time it's mapped as circles and it feels rather empty too
  4. 02:12:621 (1) and 04:25:035 (1,2,3,4) are rather inconsistent too, choose one
  5. Not that much of an issue but after having very big jumps at 02:16:759 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) I kinda missed them at 04:29:173 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) where only (6,7,8) are that big
  6. 04:52:621 (1,2) - Is not mapped 100% to the vocals but it omits the upbeat on the slidertail - I'd either keep 1/2-slider but map the next two 1/4s clickable (circlecircle oder circleslider) or replace the 1/2-slider with a circle and a 1/4-slider to 100% fit the vocals, then it's more understandable why the upbeat is omitted
  7. 05:05:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) is unusually many closely-spaced notes, I'd at least space 05:05:380 (3,4,5,6) more as that's how it is in the rest of the map
[Another]
  1. 03:35:384 (2) I'd let this end one 1/6 to be more accurate to the vocals
  2. Generally the way you space 1/4-gaps between two sliders is very inconsistent: Until the break 02:08:488 (1,2,3,4) is the only time where slidertail and -head are not touching, only there you spaced it the same as many other 1/2-gaps, so that's a bit confusing and I think it would help a lot if those were spaced so no default-followpoint is visible. After the break 02:08:488 (1,2,3,4) and 04:22:970 (5,6) are the same ecxeptions again, they suddenly become more and more afterwards and it's incredibly confusing - How is someone supposed to differentiate between 04:34:005 (3,4) and 05:00:039 (3,4) for example? I'd generally recommend to keep a certain DS between these 1/4s as those barely touching like 04:20:901 (1,2) look rather messy, and the blankets you create with the higher spaced ones aren't that beautiful either most of the time, especially 04:21:591 (3,4) lol. But then again that's rather subjective so dunno, I'd just like it to bee consistent :(
Good luck! :D
Yorling
Awesome <3
Luel Roseline
Please rank it...

나도 네가 맘에 들어 춤을 추겠니
Sunkiss
. . .
spoint
love it :)
Topic Starter
galvenize
400+ favs!
ISISBooze
Brilliant rythm
rank this map ;) !LOVE
Pituophis
Love this map and song <3
hent2222
Extra
04:58:229 (2) - Move to 04:58:315
no kds XD
Secretpipe
420 favs bro !

Blaze it!
Kim
Sup man!

Used to love this map but since the latest update everything seems to be a bit off o:
Did you change anything in the offset?

Greets~
Topic Starter
galvenize

Kim wrote:

Sup man!

Used to love this map but since the latest update everything seems to be a bit off o:
Did you change anything in the offset?

Greets~

Yeah, you have to (delete and) redownload the map.
show more