forum

A little hand: Having a hard time getting into Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wwlink55
Been having a blast so far, but trying to get into normal mode beatmaps is incredibly difficult for me. I have the reflexes, but I have troubles actually identifying whats going on.

A more in depth explanation, what occurs is I literally cannot figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. Even with the numbers, I can't tell quickly enough which is 1, 2, 4, etc, nor can I even remember which one I'm on, which results in a spiral where I get several wrong in a row. I've tried different skins, and changed several settings, but for whatever reason, I just can't keep up. This gets especially bad when there's normal hit circles on top of rollers, or rollers that are so small they practically look like two hit circles. I tend to completely miss these, and another spiral begins.

I'm not sure if this is just a newbie thing, or if it's related to something else. If it'll help, I have been thinking certain issues I tend to suffer from may be a cause, or at least contribute to this issue.

1: I have poor vision (without glasses, with glasses I can see just fine)
2: I have issues noticing things (I have had many an awkward moment where everyone else can see something, and get angry when I can't see it, even if it's right in front of my face.)
Shohei Ohtani
maybe u should put on some glasses
Mr Capuce
glasses will make you look better
Kobi_old_1
Play Count: 25
I'm not quite sure what you're expecting tbh.

Capuce Sm wrote:

Also this.
Topic Starter
Wwlink55

Inly wrote:

Play Count: 25
I'm not quite sure what you're expecting tbh.

Capuce Sm wrote:

Also this.

..but...I am wearing my glasses.

Also, the play count thing, you're pretty much saying I just suck and I'll eventually get used to it? Because that seems pretty reasonable.
lemonadejuice_old
My advise it's just keep practising (on easy diff, as start). I think around 70% of my total play count is spent in easy / normal diff, as i also feel the same like you now when I start playing osu. It's just recently that i start playing hard & insane diff. Just, don't really force yourself playing Osu. Eventually you'll get used, forcing you self just will make you hands muscle tired and hurt your eyes.
Kobi_old_1

Wwlink55 wrote:

Also, the play count thing, you're pretty much saying I just suck and I'll eventually get used to it? Because that seems pretty reasonable.
I'm saying that with such a low playcount, of course you can't read maps well yet.
Like I said I don't really know what else to tell you. Osu is kinda just one of those things where you have to grind it out. You learn by playing, that's all there is to it.
Poofie
..but...I am wearing my glasses.

I think no-one is saying that you suck.. I think everyone who started this game had a struggle at the start.. Atleast i did, i got confused just as much as you do, and i wanted to cry because i thought i can't learn it.. But look at me now. 1 Year later, i consider myself average (or slightly better i don't know).. All i can say is, practice makes perfect, and if you Really want to become better, you just stick through the hard parts and focus on the goal (whatever it is) :'3

I believe in you ! I believe you will learn osu fast :'3

- Poofie
Nub1
you'll get used to it someday, just keep practicing

and make/mix your own skin that make you comfortable with it maybe it would help
XPJ38

Wwlink55 wrote:

I have poor vision (without glasses, with glasses I can see just fine)
Don't worry about this, there are lots of players out there who have to wear glasses and they can play just fine. I have astigmatism and hypermetropia myself and got into top 1000 at some point so hey :P

About your other issues, what you describe is typically what everyone faced at the beginning so you really shouldn't worry. Just play more, get some experience and you'll master Normal/Hard in no time. As Inly said, osu! is a grinding game.
Vuelo Eluko
you havent even played the game yet pls
RichJoker
Try practising Easy diff beatmaps and work on your timing. Then, slowly walk into Normal diff beatmaps.

CDFA wrote:

maybe u should put on some glasses
And this
Therieri
Have you difficulties to see close or far? I have difficulties to see far and don't wear glasses when playing osu! and can play fine (at least I guess so). Also don't try to play too difficult maps at first. If you do so it's easier way to get mad at this game and then rage-uninstall it pretty fast. As many people say here "don't try to force skill to you, just let it come you". Oh and try to have fun!
vincaslt
Play more, nothing else will help (unless it's putting glasses on). ~80 plays is very little, wait till you have 500-1000-2000+. You'll get better, you'll see, just keep at it.
Maus
Get glasses and play more. You don't even have 100 plays yet. There's time for everything, chill.