forum

Problem with Singles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Daolothe
I've been practicing a lot recently, but the problem which I seem to be consistently having is with singles at a fast tempo. Something where streaming doesn't fit, but I still have to press the same key multiple times in a short span of time.

An example of a song which I can't do is: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/22182 on Vicho's Insane. I can get an S rank on Hard, but I can't complete the next difficulty at all.

Does anyone have advice on how to do fast singles?
B1rd
t/260180 this is relevant
Topic Starter
Daolothe
I'm currently using a Logitech G105, which I'm fairly certain is not mechanical. Why would a mechanical keyboard make so much of a difference though?
B1rd
probably.
buny
mech keyboard made my finger stream 500 bpm faster!

it is mostly placebo tho
cheaptricks
mechanical switches have a more consistent response and give you more stamina. they feel nicer, too

also, you can try practicing higher BPM to train single-tapping stamina
Tokiwadai
You just need to slowly increase your single-tapping speed or learn to alternate with 2 fingers. The song that you linked is 220 BPM, which is pretty fast, especially for someone at your rank.
Ishkiz
If you can't keep up with only one finger, you're free to use your other one as well

edit: I can't even singletap 220 either. Who needs to practice it when you can just alternate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NixXSkate
Try using your wrist. Singletapping is brute force and easily improvable with stamina practice.
winber1
im single

do you got a problem with that sir
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

im single

Wow, okay, I see how it is ;w;
winber1

Woobowiz wrote:

winber1 wrote:

im single

bro i'm not even a person, when we add each other up 0+1=1=single

jesus christ sometimes i wonder how this relationship is even alive
cheezstik

winber1 wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

bro i'm not even a person, when we add each other up 0+1=1=single

jesus christ sometimes i wonder how this relationship is even alive
But you just said you are single, if you are 0 doesn't that make you a nobody, not a single? Or you calling woobowiz a 0?

Get fkn caught out brah, rekt
ZenithPhantasm

cheezstik wrote:

But you just said you are single, if you are 0 doesn't that make you a nobody, not a single? Or you calling woobowiz a 0?

Get fkn caught out brah, rekt
winber1
brah the relationship is called a single. when you say i am married, it doesn't mean you yourself are "married" as the term itself, and thus adding your wife makes it a three-way, but rather the relationship you are in is called being married. Therefore, when i say i am single, it means that the relationship that i am in is called single because woobowiz is the one, whereas i am the nobody.
cheezstik
oh shit, winber's too smart, better say something to make it look like I still won

Yeah but I bet you don't even lift brah
Vuelo Eluko
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/46848

great singletap practice map, brutally hard to play and read but definitely worth the pain

last time i played it was around when i had been playing for 5 months like you so it shouldnt be terribly impossible
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

because woobowiz is the one.
/me swoons*
Nyxa

buny wrote:

mech keyboard made my finger stream 500 bpm faster!

it is mostly placebo tho
I went from scissor switches to reds and could stream like 20bpm faster, but the biggest difference was that I had more stamina for like two weeks before my fingers adjusted to the lightness of the keys and died

Also if the singles are too fast then alternate
If you can't alternate learn to do it
If you don't want to learn then play slower maps or learn to singletap like Barack

Also singletapping should be a term for one night stands
Why is this not a thing yet
Karuta-_old_1
oh shit, winber's too smart, better say something to make it look like I still won
Firetruck