forum

[invalid] [Web] [Feature Request Forum] Disallow short post

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bara-
I'm getting sick of all those good, support, +1, I like it etc.
Please give a warning when posting short messages
Your post is to short
Please refrain from posting something other than something constructive to this post
Post like support, +1, I like it and stuff like that should not be posted, unless it features more infomation on why this should (not) be added
You are allowed to bump, but only after 1 month
Then short posts are allowed

I think short is 50-100chars
KinkiN
we already have this system

Topic Starter
Bara-
Lol
NEVEr appears for me
Also, please do this for other short posts
Unsafeman121
"support"
Honestly though ~ I have to agree with this, though it's good that they are stating their opinion, it isn't helpful to the thread, if they want to support the idea, then they should really state why they are in support of the idea... otherwise it just breaks up the discussions unnecessarily. If they want to support and not join in the discussion, then they can shoot stars without having to post anyway.

It would be nice to see the threads have less of those posts.
- Marco -
;w; where do I farm my postcount now? (I guess I support this)
FrzR
Yeah but what about the Offtopic Games thread? Word Games and such.
Unsafeman121
I don't really know anything about how computer things work ~ but would this have to be a global change? Because the main point in this is to stop these posts in the threads outside of the sub-forums listed as "Other"
Piine
Not to be rude but the board devs really may have done the best they can with mods to the current board
Unsafeman121
I'm not denying that ~ if so then it's not like I'm going to complain or anything ~ I just don't know how much they have put into it. Obviously if its going to stay like this because they can't really do anything else about it ~ it's not really like it's an issue, it'd just be a nice change to some of the threads :P
Topic Starter
Bara-

Fr33z3R wrote:

Please read the title
deadbeat

baraatje123 wrote:

Post like support, +1, I like it and stuff like that should not be posted, unless it features more infomation on why this should (not) be added
i disagree, written support is support none the less and not everyone has the option to throw stars at a request. admittedly it can get a bit annoying when people spam that over a lot of requests, but that's why we have moderator :p
Topic Starter
Bara-
Maybe you can make a small box with text +1, or smth else, and click on it to give one invisible dupport thing
Cannot be seen outside the thread and does not add up to sp
Then under the stars, you can say xxx people like this
Idk if this is better though xD
silmarilen
i think it's fine the way it is now. as dadbeard said, any support is support. if i agree with a request but i dont have any stars and i dont have anything to add i still want to be able to show my support
@above post: no need to complicate easy things
FrzR

baraatje123 wrote:

Fr33z3R wrote:

Please read the title
Whoops, by bad. =w=)
buny
50 chars is a lot for a reply tbh
Samui_old_1
I think 15 or less chars is short post.
winber1
bro do you guys not remember the time when there was a minimum character amount for a post,
and do you remember what happened?

spam

so no this solves absolutely nothing

and if you don't know what i mean, instead of posts like "support," you will get posts like "support :):):):):):):):):):)) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B-) B-))))f"

though the smiley faces are quite constructive in terms of helpful criticism i must say. helps a lot with mapping
Sea_Food
This is more of a moderation/forum culture than anything. Yes post that you mentioned are bad for the forum and actually make up a huge portion of the total post here, but downright disabling them is a too extreme measure. Sometimes very short post can be constrictive, and restricting freedom because some people cant behave is bad.

Besides idiots who do post like that would just do what the poster above me said and make the spam worse.

How about do something like you said in OP and just make a warning? Something like everytime you try to make post shorter than 50chars a popup comes which says:
"Warning. Your post seems to be really short. Make sure it adds something to the discussion. Simply expressing your support or lack of it to the idea is worthless and clutters the forum."
And then there is 2 options to click other one says "post anyway" and other one says "do not post"
Chaoslitz
At least it won't work for Forum Games :/
deadbeat

winber1 wrote:

bro do you guys not remember the time when there was a minimum character amount for a post,
and do you remember what happened?
that is a good point. i had forgotten that madness. gonna deny
Topic Starter
Bara-
Ok
I understand why
But yeah, 50 is quite much though