OnosakiHito wrote:Hi, and merry christmas!
01:50:846 - Realy kiai starts here. 01:23:993 is still the acceleraiting intro for the kiai which can be noticed by the clash / high pitched sound in the background. Agree
- The change of the SV from 00:03:328 to 00:10:042 doesn't make much sense. The paste of the song is the same, hence doesn't need any change in SV. Hum... Now both of my diffs start with x0,75 and x1 at 00:13:398 - , is it fine this way? D:
- 00:57:139~01:09:727 - This part should contain less notes. It contains a similar density like other parts even though this is one of the calmer parts. Probably fixed density problems on all of your suggestions, hope it's calm enough now.
- 01:37:314 - Avoid these kind of kiai breaks. In taiko we use whole sections without flashy / short breaks. Don't know how I missed this, wasn't intended. #BlameModders
Something else I want to mention is the usage of ddk patterns. Please avoid these and make either monotonical tripplets or something easier. We use ddk sparingly in Muzukashii. If in use, they should stand -if possible- mostly alone. This should be changed to prevent any further disqualification.
I remove most of them but I kept some where I feel like ddd wouldn't fit at all, hope that'll be fine. And if you meant kkd instead of ddk, all of those are gone now.
- 00:30:706 (3,4,5,6,7) - kdkdd / kdd patterns are always a tricky thing in taiko, since they start with an upbeat instead of downbeat, which make them sound in most cases odd. Same here. The background rather plays like this (00:30:286~00:31:755):
- 00:37:419 - ^ Your suggestion is most likely similar to how my map was before I remapped it because it was kinda unplayable. I'm trying to keep a consistent, beat oriented rhythm on this map and I feel like my current pattern is easier to play. I tried to change the hitsounds instead, hope it's better and not worse now.
- 00:44:132 (81) - Notes like this one can be moved to 00:44:237, since the song provides 3/4 beats. Same reason, xx x xxxx was exactly the pattern I did on my previous version of the map and I didn't like it. It might follow the melody better but it skips a beat and my current pattern feels more natural to play imo.
- 01:10:566 - This can be okay in Oni. But maybe try some slight deletions? I removed the last note to leave a break.
- 01:34:902 (32,33) - k d sounds here probably better. Hum, you mean k d k then? Because I think d k d fit better, maybe that's what you meant.
In general the diffs are fine, but most of the points should be followed. Especially the bolded one to prevent any further disqualification. Thing is for one, the difficulty in Muzukashii. And the other thing is that Oni provides some odd patterns which are not really given in the song. It goes a bit too much against it. I will add this map into the Taiko Modding Team, so the BATs will take care of it.
Everything fixed on Muzu but I keep my pattern on the Oni, feels easier to play and doesn't really sound bad imo. Thanks!
Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:Merry Christmas! I'm gonna mod it as it is in the Taiko Modding Team.
- 00:59:762 (10) - delete and change 01:00:077 (12) - to k ? I think this part is relatively calm that the ddk triplet is not very necessary, compared to the part starting from 00:43:713 to 00:56:300 -
- 01:05:951 (28,29,30,31,32,33) - same as ^
- 01:33:223 (14) - It seems that putting k here could sound better because the pitch is decreasing across 01:33:223 (14,15) - . This could also make a better contrast to the previous d k used at 01:31:545 (6,7) -
- 01:25:881 (14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - try using kdkkdkd here ? It could sound better because of the higher pitch of music there imo.
Patterns are quite consistent throughout the diff.
The current SV changes look fine to me. That's all and good luck~
So you have to decrease size of the picture.
Ranking Criteria wrote:
- Storyboard images must be at a reasonable size for their usage. For most uses (e.g. full-screen images), the maximum is 800x600 pixels for 4:3 aspect ratio images, although 640x480 is highly preferred. For widescreen mode (recommended) the maximum is 960x540 pixels for 16:9 aspect ratio images and 960x600 for 16:10 images. The editor is 640x480 at default, so there's really no need to use anything larger for full-screen purposes.
2014-12-26 21:15 Gero: yo Kenterz can you help me to requalified my xmas map? ;w; it have rebubb atm
2014-12-26 21:17 Kenterz: Hum okay I'm going to check it quickly
2014-12-26 21:17 Gero: ACTION is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/547525 DJ BaSSMaT - Merry Christmas]
2014-12-26 21:17 Gero: is this one orz
2014-12-26 21:20 Kenterz: 00:31:965 (3) - I find these sliders better with only the curve, not the linear part at the start
2014-12-26 21:21 Kenterz: 01:03:853 (1) - Maybe you can move it some grids up, it makes a better overlap in my opinion with 01:02:174 (2)
2014-12-26 21:22 Kenterz: 01:57:559 (1,2,1) - Blanket fail, try to move (2) some grids up
2014-12-26 21:23 Kenterz: The rest seems perfect
2014-12-26 21:23 Gero: I really prefer to keep this one 00:31:965 (3) - as is and about the rest is fixed
2014-12-26 21:23 Kenterz: Okey
2014-12-26 21:27 Kenterz: 01:31:545 (3) - Maybe you could reverse the curve (CTRL+H), it'll look better for the flow between (3,4) I think
2014-12-26 21:27 Kenterz: Nothing else :3
2014-12-26 21:27 Gero: Fixed
2014-12-26 21:30 Kenterz: 00:14:552 (2,1) - Blanket ? :3
2014-12-26 21:30 Kenterz: 00:16:440 (4,1) - ^
2014-12-26 21:31 Kenterz: 00:32:174 (2) - It feels very weird as a 3/4 slider, it's not justified, there's no reason to have a 3/4 slider, you should make a 1/2 slider here I think :3
2014-12-26 21:32 Gero: Everything is fixed
2014-12-26 21:32 Kenterz: 00:37:000 - Suddenly the rythm changed, and it's very hard here, I think players could be lost ;_;
2014-12-26 21:33 Gero: I think it's fine I hope you don't mind if I keep it orz
2014-12-26 21:33 Gero: cause it has a consistent spacing so isn't hard to read imo
2014-12-26 21:33 Kenterz: But I don't get why it's suddenly changed =/
2014-12-26 21:35 Kenterz: 00:42:874 (1) - This SV is also a problem, it makes me slider break =/ I think you could try to make a creative slider without the SV change
2014-12-26 21:36 Gero: Irreversible always likes to map some rhythms that's why he did this, about that SV yeah you're right, let me fix it
2014-12-26 21:37 Kenterz: 01:07:209 (1,2) - This jump is kind of sudden, it might be a problem for some players (it's not very important)
2014-12-26 21:38 Kenterz: 02:05:531 (6) - Try to decrease the curve a bit to make a better blanket with 02:05:321 (5) ?
2014-12-26 21:39 Gero: I don't want to break the symmetry here, so I prefer keep it
2014-12-26 21:39 Kenterz: Okey
2014-12-26 21:40 Kenterz: Nothing else :3
2014-12-26 21:46 Kenterz: 00:50:426 (1,2) - Maybe try to bring them closer, then it'd be more obvious that it's separated by 1/4 beat
2014-12-26 21:47 Gero: Fixed
2014-12-26 21:48 Kenterz: 01:23:993 (1,2) - The distance here is smaller than the one between 01:23:573 (1,2) but the rythm is different, many players will thinks it's separated by 1/4 beat but it's not ;_;
2014-12-26 21:49 Gero: Yeah but I've asked for some testplays before and nobody has problems with that
2014-12-26 21:50 Gero: anyways it have NC for a better readability so I think it's fine for me
2014-12-26 21:50 Kenterz: Hum okay (you could have change for this http://puu.sh/dKp5s.jpg maybe)
2014-12-26 21:51 Kenterz: (but it's not following the next pattern so no xD)
2014-12-26 21:51 Gero: it's weird xD
2014-12-26 21:51 Kenterz: xD
2014-12-26 21:53 Kenterz: 01:37:419 (1,2) - First time I played this I thought it was separated by 1/2 beat, and it makes me fail, so I think it's very problematic... You should increase the distance snap between them maybe ;_;
2014-12-26 21:54 Gero: but it has a correct spacing already D:
2014-12-26 21:54 Kenterz: Maybe add a circle at 01:37:524 - then, like in the following patterns ?
2014-12-26 21:54 Gero: anyways I've fixed it somehow
2014-12-26 21:54 Kenterz: Okay
2014-12-26 21:55 Kenterz: Nothing else
2014-12-26 21:55 Kenterz: I'm going to check General stuff
2014-12-26 21:55 Gero: sure
2014-12-26 22:00 Kenterz: Easy : AR2.5 and Normal : AR5... It escalated quickly ;w;
2014-12-26 22:01 Kenterz: And same for Hard... I suggest Easy AR3, Normal AR5, Hard AR7 and Christmas AR8.5
2014-12-26 22:01 Gero: you're right
2014-12-26 22:01 Gero: fixed
2014-12-26 22:02 Kenterz: Aaaaand I think I have to pop for the SB ;___;
2014-12-26 22:02 Gero: oh shit...
2014-12-26 22:03 Gero: what's wrong with the sb?
2014-12-26 22:04 Kenterz: The SB Load is very high at the beginning, it makes me lag in the editor ;w;
2014-12-26 22:04 Gero: let me check
2014-12-26 22:04 Gero: wait
2014-12-26 22:05 Kenterz: It's only on the Normal diff o.o
2014-12-26 22:05 Gero: is a bug
2014-12-26 22:05 Gero: xD
2014-12-26 22:05 Kenterz: Oh yeah xD
2014-12-26 22:05 Gero: baka
2014-12-26 22:05 Kenterz: wuuut it appears again
2014-12-26 22:05 Gero: it doesn't appears to me
2014-12-26 22:06 Kenterz: It's when I go around the end, then I get back to the start and it appears o.o
2014-12-26 22:06 Gero: yeah is a bug cause the sb works with hitsounds
2014-12-26 22:06 Gero: that's why
2014-12-26 22:06 Gero: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2392009
2014-12-26 22:07 Kenterz: Ok okay, but I have this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2392012
2014-12-26 22:08 Kenterz: I don't understand xD
2014-12-26 22:08 Gero: use revert to saved
2014-12-26 22:08 Gero: to solve that xD
2014-12-26 22:08 Gero: is a annoying bug
2014-12-26 22:08 Kenterz: Yeah
2014-12-26 22:08 Gero: but storyboard is fine, don't worry
2014-12-26 22:10 Kenterz: But I still think i have to pop because the "bright" file in the SB is 1366x768, and the ranking criteria says this http://puu.sh/dKqwG.png