1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

-[Koinuri] wrote:

Ring + index full alternate playstyle here, I'm probably the only person who plays like this
sorry to digress but what keys do you tap with?

It's the first time I've ever heard of this style (maybe I haven't watched enough osu!videos)

Ontopic: Bad habits are okay as long as you work to improve it, I have countless bad habits when I play osu!
posted
One of my friend was using thumb + ring finger and did just fine playing insanes around 5*, even with long-ish streams
So anything goes if you're comfortable with
posted
S and F
posted

-[Koinuri] wrote:

Ring + index full alternate playstyle here, I'm probably the only person who plays like this
I can one up you
Index+middle+ring+ tablet tap play style all single tapz
posted
i mean that's cool and all that you guys can use your fingers well, but i personally play with my two buttocks
posted

winber1 wrote:

i mean that's cool and all that you guys can use your fingers well, but i personally play with my two buttocks
vid
posted
I think doomsday uses index and ring, and he is one of the best streamers, so it should be fine. Middle + ring should be pretty similar.
posted

winber1 wrote:

i mean that's cool and all that you guys can use your fingers well, but i personally play with my two buttocks
That's not fair at all, that means if you can't stream 200 bpm with your cheeks, all you need is a few hours on the Stairmaster and BAM, you're Cookiezi.
winber1-senpai pls.
posted

-[Koinuri] wrote:

Ring + index full alternate playstyle here, I'm probably the only person who plays like this

Since you seem to have similar problem as me (I'm still stuck at 190BPM stream and 210BPM singletapping as well), you can try switching to full alternate to compensate for the lack of speed. It takes a while to get used to it but it was worth it imo.

Then you can fill your top performance with no mod jump maps, because that's basically the only thing you can improve, and look cool.
you're not the first or the last or the second person to use that playstyle

and you're not the forth of fifth
posted

buny wrote:

-[Koinuri] wrote:

Ring + index full alternate playstyle here, I'm probably the only person who plays like this

Since you seem to have similar problem as me (I'm still stuck at 190BPM stream and 210BPM singletapping as well), you can try switching to full alternate to compensate for the lack of speed. It takes a while to get used to it but it was worth it imo.

Then you can fill your top performance with no mod jump maps, because that's basically the only thing you can improve, and look cool.
you're not the first or the last or the second person to use that playstyle

and you're not the forth of fifth
I thought I made it obvious that my whole post was just joking around especially with the last sentence
posted
Do what is comfortable.

So if you can only stream 185bpm and you can't single tap at 210bpm... you should try streaming at 190bpm and single tapping at 195bpm? It's pretty vague to just say you can do these things when we can't tell what exactly your limits are and if you're even doing this stuff right in the first place. Also, the difference in speed from 185 to 210 is pretty marginal so don't get upset if you can't do it. It takes time to build speed and commonly doesn't just happen over night.
posted
This is probably one of the most difficult ways to tap since ring/middle share the same tendon, it will be difficult to build stamina.

I have no problem using ring/index, but I certainly faced stamina issues when trying out ring/middle.
posted

KukiMonster wrote:

This is probably one of the most difficult ways to tap since ring/middle share the same tendon, it will be difficult to build stamina.

I have no problem using ring/index, but I certainly faced stamina issues when trying out ring/middle.
They don't share tendons. But they don't have their own extensor muscles like the index finger and pinky do. Try to make a fist with your hand, and then fully extend your middle/ring finger. When you do it normally, neighboring fingers will have to extend too. If you do it and hold down all your other fingers, then you might feel pain in other fingers - it might be because you're simultaneously pulling on their tendons. The middle finger seems to, obviously, do a little better.
What does it prove? / what am I trying to prove?
That combined movement of the middle finger and ring finger is both physically and mentally difficult and might be detrimental to your streaming ability.
OP, you got out of your habit once - you can do it again. The decision is yours.
posted
I take it no one noticed that the content of OP's post contradicts the title.

He states he used Index + Middle, then Index + Ring. But the topic title says Ring + Middle.

- To continue with the misunderstanding:

Ring+Middle is a terrible idea for reasons stated above. You can hardly lift your fingers properly due to the conflicting forces required for moving 1 or both of your fingers in separate directions. It's not impossible, but I think your accuracy and/or consistency will be terrible compared to just using a normal style of play.

- Back on track:

Index+Ring is fine, the only reason you would use middle in place of ring is because the middle finger is stronger. If you can make do with your ring finger then there should hardly be any difference, but usually it is quite a weak finger.
posted
Yeah, the title was mistaken, I've just corrected it.

Reading the answers I'll try for a few days middle + index, but I think that I'll stay with ring + index, it depends on what I'll se these days.

Thank you all for the answers :P
posted
I used ring/index until yesterday. Middle/index seems way easier.
posted

[ Momiji ] wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

This is probably one of the most difficult ways to tap since ring/middle share the same tendon, it will be difficult to build stamina.

I have no problem using ring/index, but I certainly faced stamina issues when trying out ring/middle.
They don't share tendons. But they don't have their own extensor muscles like the index finger and pinky do. Try to make a fist with your hand, and then fully extend your middle/ring finger. When you do it normally, neighboring fingers will have to extend too. If you do it and hold down all your other fingers, then you might feel pain in other fingers - it might be because you're simultaneously pulling on their tendons. The middle finger seems to, obviously, do a little better.
What does it prove? / what am I trying to prove?
That combined movement of the middle finger and ring finger is both physically and mentally difficult and might be detrimental to your streaming ability.
OP, you got out of your habit once - you can do it again. The decision is yours.
as a pen spinner of several years, I can actually do this without holding my other fingers down, although doing it FULLY hurts a bit.
course, i practiced finger independence with exercises like that for hours every night for.. the better part of a year, consecutively?

point is, it's doable, but probably not necessary or worth it for osu.
posted
I use middle and index finger, because they're most used finger
posted
<--- Index and middle finger ~
posted
idk i'm using ring finger and index finger but i cant stream clearly at 175-180bpm :< only stream at 190-210bpm
I think i play 2 much speed :<
show more
Please sign in to reply.