forum

[added] [duplicate] Lead in circle for Hidden mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Codered999
I believe that a small change should be made to the Hidden mod so that the timing circle appears for the first beat of a map. It's very unnecessarily difficult to gauge that first beat on any map given that the length of time between starting/skipping into a map and that actual first beat is essentially up to the user that made the map and doesn't prove any skill. I've had plenty of times where I'm trying to SS a map with hidden and a good 60-80% of my restarts are purely from missing that first beat alone.
Gumpy
ok get good.
Asagi Mutsuki
t/76298

This has been requested (and rejected) quite a few times already :/
FrzR
Requested and Rejected yep.

I would want this though
Topic Starter
Codered999
Ah ok my bad I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. It's a shame too, not to whine our anything I guess I can put up with perfect mod auto restarting for me 90 times lol.
Bara-
Just look at the timer
When you havr 'pie' you'll see when it starts really easily
TicClick
Samui_old_1

This is added on latest cuttingedge version.
Topic Starter
Codered999

Samui wrote:

This is added on latest cuttingedge version.
Yay!
xasuma
Out of all the good ideas out there, I can't believe this one got implemented..
Gumpy

xasuma wrote:

Out of all the good ideas out there, I can't believe this one got implemented..
This one was not even a good idea
Yauxo
As a Hidden player, I love this one.
Ive wasted way too much time on first-beat-circles with Hidden by getting a 100 and restarting over and over again. This isnt a case of "learn to tap to the music" when there's no music. Using audioderps wasnt fun either.
Topic Starter
Codered999

Yauxo wrote:

As a Hidden player, I love this one.
Ive wasted way too much time on first-beat-circles with Hidden by getting a 100 and restarting over and over again. This isnt a case of "learn to tap to the music" when there's no music. Using audioderps wasnt fun either.

Exactly, all these people are whining about us sucking too bad and this isn't even a good idea blah blah blah. This has nothing to do with skill, especially with songs that just straight up drop you into the beats with no intro music.
xasuma
and what are you going to do after a break when the music stops and it's tricky to get the rhythm back again? soon they ll add this after every break.
Let's make hidden even easier and keep the x1.06 score multiplier, because it is clearly as hard as hard rock.
This is not a good idea, and yes it's got to do with skill.

I wouldn't even care, but it just shows how pointless users opinions matter when implementing something.
gr..
Bara-
Lol no
You can listen to the music to feel the beat it
This is not for the start, as they is no beat then most of the time
Unsafeman121
For the vast majority of the time, the starting note seems to be a considerably harder to time than the ones after breaks.... so I really don't think this will be too much of an issue:

xasuma wrote:

soon they ll add this after every break.
Obviously if they do implement that I'd be against it, but for the first note, I don't really see any harm ~ If you're only going to restart if you don't 300 that note anyway, then why does it make any difference seeing as you won't have any multiplier to boost the score? After breaks it would be stupid to implement as that would affect the score a lot more.