forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
VeilStar
The editor hates me.

Slider bodies seem to somehow get disposed in the editor. I'm not sure how to reproduce this, but this happed a whole bunch of times to me in a single mapping session after mapping for a little while (~30 minutes). Sometimes one invisible slider would somehow get drawn again but then another one was gone. Not sure what's up, but here's some screenshots.

Dea ex machina

VeilStar wrote:

The editor hates me.

Slider bodies seem to somehow get disposed in the editor. I'm not sure how to reproduce this, but this happed a whole bunch of times to me in a single mapping session after mapping for a little while (~30 minutes). Sometimes one invisible slider would somehow get drawn again but then another one was gone. Not sure what's up, but here's some screenshots.

They're currently aware of the slider issues, and recommend you use the beta instead if you're having problems ;)
A Mystery
Small bug:

When making a new inherited point for changing volume by adding one, typing a number in the "audio" tab and pressing enter right after to "save" it, it uses the volume that it initially had when adding the inherited point instead of the one you typed in.

You have to add a new one, it doesn't work if you edit one or if you change it first by clicking on another timing point. You can see a short frame that it changes the volume of that point when pressing enter, but it doesn't save it.

I can only reproduce this in CE

EDIT:
Another bug just found in the editor, not sure if I should make a separate post for this.

New undo system is great, but I cannot undo moving objects by pixels (not grids). It just undoes whatever I did before.
For example, when making a triple by placing 3 circles, then moving the circles by a few pixels, and I use undo, it will remove the circles in the order I placed them without moving them back in position where I placed them initially.
VeilStar

-wwwww wrote:

They're currently aware of the slider issues, and recommend you use the beta instead if you're having problems ;)
Happen to have a link to whatever states that? I've not seen this reported anywhere. My post was specific to the editor, btw.
Dea ex machina

VeilStar wrote:

-wwwww wrote:

Happen to have a link to whatever states that? I've not seen this reported anywhere. My post was specific to the editor, btw.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but TheVileOne mentioned this on the previous page;

TheVileOne wrote:

We're aware of the issues with the sliders. Don't use cutting edge for the time being if you have problems with the sliders. Beta works just fine.
C00L
em if this is the place to report bugs then there is one in editor when i try to update a beatmap it does like 3 steps to the global networkt then an error message pops up :/ (tried on latest, fallback and cutting edge nothing works :/)
VeilStar

-wwwww wrote:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but TheVileOne mentioned this on the previous page
That sounds like it's about a different issue that is also to do with invisible sliders to me. Well, anyway, thanks.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
That was a different issue that is already resolved. I'm not sure what is causing this. I haven't replicated it yet.
Dea ex machina
Can confirm. After around 25 minutes of mapping, it started to happen like crazy, and once I exited the editor and reopened it, it was done. Does it have something to do with the undo log changes (since it could possibly be based off of how long you're in the editor)?
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I think I have an idea of what is causing this.
Zabergan
Sliders have a little malfunction, specially with hidden. In the video, you can see that the whole slider appears for one frame, then jumps back to normal. Slow down the video if you want, but I did a frame by frame playback.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIc6d4Ov-4

osu! version: 20151211cuttingedge
YaLTeR
Not sure if this was ever reported, but this issue has been occurring on and off randomly ever since the move to the new OpenGL renderer.

Basically, the 300s sometimes (randomly) don't appear. Happens on normal circles, sliders, spinners. Not sure if this happens with 100s or 50s. (EDIT: yes, this does happen with 100s and 50s.) It was difficult to capture this because it's random (and pretty rare), but I managed to finally: https://lambda.sx/VyL.mp4 here you can see it happening on two sliders and a circle.

20151211cuttingedge
A Mystery

YaLTeR wrote:

Not sure if this was ever reported, but this issue has been occurring on and off randomly ever since the move to the new OpenGL renderer.

Basically, the 300s sometimes (randomly) don't appear. Happens on normal circles, sliders, spinners. Not sure if this happens with 100s or 50s. It was difficult to capture this because it's random (and pretty rare), but I managed to finally: https://lambda.sx/VyL.mp4 here you can see it happening on two sliders and a circle.

20151211cuttingedge
I have the exact same issues for months, but I'm sure it's not cutting edge specific
Kayla
p/4738620

Some issues referenced here consistant with the latest release. Just re-tested. Combos still do not invrt visual stack order with ctrl+g. Sliders stilll disappearing randomly. Same fixes work.
__Hatsune_Miku

again this issues
Arnold0
I think they said on Slack that this is not an issue, because now you can open options where you want using ctrl-o (But maybe I misunderstood something idk)
peppy
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.
__Hatsune_Miku

Arnold0 wrote:

I think they said on Slack that this is not an issue, because now you can open options where you want using ctrl-o (But maybe I misunderstood something idk)

If you click option button and goto select song screen , option pennal is still on screen. not ctrl+o :<
Mr HeliX

_ Hatsune Miku wrote:

Arnold0 wrote:

If you click option button and goto select song screen , option pennal is still on screen. not ctrl+o :<
Since it's possible to open the options with ctrl+o I don't think this is an issue. You can close it with escape anyway iirc.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Close options when moving between game modes. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151217.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
JOYBOYDESU
With the new Christmas update, my game crashes when I'm doing spinners. A redditor also had this problem.

EDIT: The game randomly freezes and then crashes, but more likely on spinners. I'd say once every 50 plays. This never occurred before the christmas update.
Jetzu
Because of this ctrl+o addition you can't write Polish letter "ó" in osu! chat (at least I think it's because of that). Is there any way to change the binding for options?

@DOWN

It works perfectly fine everywhere outside of osu!

Also all the other Polish letters are working fine.

@EDIT

It works fine on stable where there is no ctrl+o
Mr HeliX

Jetzu wrote:

Because of this ctrl+o addition you can't write Polish letter "ó" in osu! chat (at least I think it's because of that). Is there any way to change the binding for options?
I'm having no trouble at all writing an "ó" in chat. Maybe a problem with your keyboard settings?
streeteelf

Mr HeliX wrote:

Jetzu wrote:

I'm having no trouble at all writing an "ó" in chat. Maybe a problem with your keyboard settings?
It doesn't work for me too on cutting-edge, have to copy "ó" written somewhere else and paste it in-game to use it properly and write what I want/how I want.
Mr HeliX

streeteelf wrote:

It doesn't work for me too on cutting-edge, have to copy "ó" written somewhere else and paste it in-game to use it properly and write what I want/how I want.
Ah I assume you type "ó" as Alt + O? I am using the Dutch keyboard layout in which you also get "ó" by pressing ' + O, which is still working btw. Indeed the Alt + O combination doesn't work anymore :S
BanchoBot
  1. Fix AltGr-O. (Damnae)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151218beta.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
safe_osu
Problem Details: The approach circle is below the slider only the first note of this beatmap https://osu.ppy.sh/b/804882&m=0

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20151218.1cuttingedge (latest)
lvLamp
This is probably the most broken thing I've ever experienced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sdgUrx7jps

After a couple restarts I caught the game at it's craziest. The only inputs I make are when it stops on "Are you sure you want to exit osu!?", and when the song starts I am the one quiting out of it.

This has been a problem for about 3 or so days. When I start the game it is spamming a random key. The ones I know it's been spamming is ESC, Enter, F8 and F9 because those I can actually see happening in the menus.

Stable works fine, I've tried going back and forth between them and reboot. Haven't bothered trying to reinstall.
Aperture
I'm not sure if I'm just being really stupid right now or something, but I manually disabled my graphics card, and osu seems to run much more smoothly on integrated graphics. The input lag is much lower and I haven't been getting dropped frames. What??
Trosk-

saelanares wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm just being really stupid right now or something, but I manually disabled my graphics card, and osu seems to run much more smoothly on integrated graphics. The input lag is much lower and I haven't been getting dropped frames. What??
If you are using a laptop with NVidia Optimus then that's normal. There is an issue for PCs with that technology, and it's better to run osu! with the integrated GPU until it's fixed.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix disposed slider rendertargets sometimes ending up in the rendertarget pool. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151219.1cuttingedge.

hmzek
is this just me or i'm seeing a glitch in the multiplayer mode
Lach
The raw input/opentk introduction pushed to CE seems to have REALLY weird side effects when using a DS4 controller. Connecting the device with raw input enabled causes some constant triggers that either try to close the game many times a second or continues through whatever the mouse is hovering over at the time (basically spamming shit on the menu or trying to start songs). Pressing any button, but analog triggers in particular causes my entire PC to freeze, this doesn't stop until the controller is disconnected.

It is probably worth mentioning that I'm not trying to use the controller with osu!, rather, this happens when the game is open, or when opening it, with the controller connected.
TakuMii
The raw input update has also started to cause me issues. If I connect a keyboard, mouse, or tablet while osu! is running, the game stops registering any/all cursor movement, forcing me to alt-tab and/or restart the game.

I'm also unable to map any of my DirectInput controllers. Xbox 360 controllers work just fine though.
Shizuyi

YayMii wrote:

The raw input update has also started to cause me issues. If I connect a keyboard, mouse, or tablet while osu! is running, the game stops registering any/all cursor movement, forcing me to alt-tab and/or restart the game.

I'm also unable to map any of my DirectInput controllers. Xbox 360 controllers work just fine though.
Same issue. Can confirm!
YaLTeR

YayMii wrote:

Yup, same.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I'm reporting that ever since peppy made changes to background saving, I've black screen softlocked coming out of the results screen several times now. although each time it has happened someone was spectating me, and people don't usually spectate me. That could be related to it somehow. People have reported this issue in the past.
peppy
Have you confirmed that's actually the issue? It's one of many things that has changed which could cause it.

ie. attach a debugger and provide proof else don't assume
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Well I was planning to do some investigating. In the meantime I was reflecting on the situation that before that update, this issue never happened to me. Sparse reports were made every now and then. I haven't ruled out all possibilities.
Mr HeliX
Also, if you're not playing full screen and you select another window (for example a Skype conversation) and then hover over the still visible osu window, you won't see the cursor anymore. A minor bug perhaps, but it's annoying me.
show more