forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy

Smc wrote:

ForceGLFlush and NoAsyncReads together have fixed my stutters, the stutters reappear if either of those options are unchecked, haven't gotten any more stutters since they are checked.

have you checked both of these separately multiple times?
Ner0
i did try that and doesnt change anything. Also i have everything updated.
peppy
NoAsyncReads has zero effect during gameplay. You must be doing something weird.
Ner0
so you're saying i have no solution
peppy
I'm saying the windows update may be at fault, but you'll need to figure out the problem on your own. This is not the thread for it (since it is not an osu! issue).
Ner0
i do think its an osu issue sicne this doesnt happne in nowhere else, ull keep you guys update.
Reno-
OMG my frame is stuck at 240
I'm a mania player I can notice difference between 120/240 I used to play with 2000+ fps (i7 4790K / GTX980)
but now im capped at 240fps even when I select unlimited(while playing)
where is my unlimited fps option? please fix this quick
peppy
screenshot? proof?
Reno-

peppy wrote:

screenshot? proof?
sorry i posted it on different forum section

I'm having this problem on stable(latest) version of osu
Reno-

peppy wrote:

screenshot? proof?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Here we have Unlimited frame option in Stable(Fallback) version

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But as you see on Stable(Latest) version, there is only unlimited(while playing) there is no unlimited whatsoever
and that unlimited(while playing) option is broken that it capped at 240fps (even when Im playing the game)
I can tell this because when I play mania, notes are not smooth they go jittering
peppy
You're at the menu. This is intended behaviour.
Reno-

peppy wrote:

You're at the menu. This is intended behaviour.
And when Im playing mania, bottom right only shows me my monitor Hz / ms only

There is no fps section

Also as I said, with the unlimited (while playing), the notes are not smooth as just unlimited frame

Logically, they should be exactly same

I'll try to make video in 60fps on youtube to show you what I'm talking about
peppy
That is correct behaviour. The frame rate is no longer displayed when on unlimited.
Reno-

peppy wrote:

That is correct behaviour. The frame rate is no longer displayed when on unlimited.

Okay i tried to make a video for this but it seems like when I record it with msi afterburner, it cant capture the problem

The fix is simple. Just put back Unlimited frame(not the while playing) option on the Stable(Lastest) version

When you do, i can test it out again to see if the problem fixed

Otherwise, I have to stick with the fallback version

notice the difference. its huge
TakuMii
^the framerate is no longer supposed to be shown on Unlimited. If the game is showing your monitor's Hz, it means the game is not limiting your frames. (the ms counter is better than fps at showing your gains anyways)
But if you're getting stutters during gameplay, that's a different issue entirely. Posting the performance.log file from your \osu!\Logs\ folder could help the devs iron things out.

(oh, and as a side note: @peppy maybe it'd be a good idea to rename the option, considering that it no longer shows FPS?)
Ciuriya

peppy wrote:

Smc wrote:

ForceGLFlush and NoAsyncReads together have fixed my stutters, the stutters reappear if either of those options are unchecked, haven't gotten any more stutters since they are checked.

have you checked both of these separately multiple times?

I've rechecked them a few times and it seems as though my stutters are fixed from NoAsyncReads alone, not ForceGLFlush as I thought.
peppy
glFlush debug mode is forced on every startup. Please report back any changes to stutter frames you see (do they change from SwapBuffer to Draw? do they decrease?)

If you are having issues with the glFlush setting, you can either switch to beta, disable each startup or wait a few days until it is reverted to previous.
Ner0
Hello so this is my last stand, since no one cares about the problem i have i'll ask one last time for help.If i don't get any solution im gonna give up on osu. Bye Bye 3 years of my life.

Hello, i got a problem today that was not there before a new update of Windows 10, before i had normal fps and could run it easily. Now, since that update, my fps dropped like a waterfall from like 1.6ms in beatmap song to 7-8 ms in beatmap song.This is happening in all 4 versions of osu which is odd and also this doesnt happen in any other game.

Here's some screenshots of the problem i have.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969637 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969657 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969658 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969696

MY specs aren't the problem since i have i7 4720HQ and GTX960M All with updated drivers
peppy

Ner098 wrote:

Hello so this is my last stand, since no one cares about the problem i have i'll ask one last time for help.If i don't get any solution im gonna give up on osu. Bye Bye 3 years of my life.
Hello, i got a problem today that was not there before a new update of Windows 10, before i had normal fps and could run it easily. Now, since that update, my fps dropped like a waterfall from like 1.6ms in beatmap song to 7-8 ms in beatmap song.This is happening in all 4 versions of osu which is odd and also this doesnt happen in any other game.
Here's some screenshots of the problem i have.
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969637 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969657 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969658 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3969696
MY specs aren't the problem since i have i7 4720HQ and GTX960M All with updated drivers

Use system restore or system refresh. Shutdown background apps etc.

Make a separate thread. This one is for cutting-edge issues.
Fatal3ty
I have a last Update my Gameplay 0.81ms, before has a 0.35ms. Please fix? :c (lastet Version from Cutting Edge is slower than older Version)

And new FPS Lag in Taiko, is unplayable. Mega stuttering :(

How can I disable GL Flush? :(
smoogipoo

Fatal3ty wrote:

I have a last Update my Gameplay 0.81ms, before has a 0.35ms. Please fix? :c (lastet Version from Cutting Edge is slower than older Version)
And new FPS Lag in Taiko, is unplayable. Mega stuttering :(
How can I disable GL Flush? :(

Options -> Scroll down to the bottom -> Untick the "Debug_ForceGLFlush" checkbox.
Fatal3ty

smoogipooo wrote:

Options -> Scroll down to the bottom -> Untick the "Debug_ForceGLFlush" checkbox.
Thanks, is worked. Taiko is now playable. :)
Remyria
"Code: [peppy] Force glFlush on for now (cutting-edge only)."

That glFlush makes my client having 4fps at most(seen it twice during few minutes) and impossible for me to even open options.
I really have no other information on it x_x

I used the shift menu on opening to switch the stable so I can play.
Ner0
Apparently i just needed to dl a new osu!install.exe which is odd. Well everything is back to normal.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
You can edit any settings manually through the config if you want to change them without using the client.
Fralla
This happens not only in Cutting-Edge but also in the Stable Release Streams.

Link to the preformance log
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h42w1 ... rmance.log

Can someone confirm this? I'm not sure if this belongs here or not. I was told by a member Support Team to post the issue here so I did..
Mitsuma
Okay, while writing I actually found the error which is really strange, I will leave my original post here so I hope it helps other people or preventing the issue from happening again, not sure if it was something on my end but as I wrote it was doing the update, then nothing.

I copied over my profile config in the new install so I don't have to login again and can switch to CE quick. As I wrote below that caused the error again. After looking into the config I deleted the LastVersionPermissionsFailed = b20150414.2 (or rather just the version number). After that Osu started perfectly fine, even updated and all fine now. I'm not sure why that line causes such a hard error, creating "dead processes" but I hope it will help.

Original Post.
I'm having some extremely weird error.
Since one update on Cutting Edge Osu! doesn't start at all.
That update seems to have went successful, but Osu! just didn't start.
It only created a dead process which refuses to be killed.

Fun fact, those don't even show up in the Windows10 Task Manager, not under details or processes.
A "taskkill /f /im osu!.exe" says that it successfully closed the processes but they remain in the process explorer. (using the PID directly doesn't help either)
The osu!.exe can't be deleted while those are active too.
Only a restart will get rid of them.

I tried installing Osu! again in another directory and run it there, working fine with Stable/Fallback branch.
Switching back to Cutting Edge will cause the same error.
Riven 2
I found out the GLFlush takes some fps away and also if you put a custom frame rate you will stop getting lags-freezes <--- at least that worked for me but only in cutting edge if I put a custom framerate in stable ( latest ) I will still get lags-freezes
Temu
Found a small problem with the scoreboards. On the first play of a song it won't show. Slightly annoying but restarting the song will do. Just wanted to give a heads up.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix scores not loading in-game when quickly entering a map. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151117.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
ShadOhhh
Is it a known issue that every time i open the game that i must reprocess most of my beat maps? (cutting edge).
Trosk-

ShadOhhh wrote:

Is it a known issue that every time i open the game that i must reprocess most of my beat maps? (cutting edge).
Shouldn't be. Probably your beatmap database is screwed. close osu!, go to your installation folder, move the "osu!.db" archive out of the folder and then open osu! again.
ShadOhhh
Thanks ill try that.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix app performance notifications popping up more than once. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151118.5cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
EndlessD
Pressing F10 in a rapid motion turns all volume sliders slowly up (if your cursor is above the sliders), opens up the chat or extended chat or goes to beatmaps and posts some hex code repeatetly (example: f80e) until it can't post anymore all this while the fps goes to 0 and then osu can't be controlled anymore. Going on the desktop and back into the game fixes this or pressing ESC a few times.

Video (50 MB):
http://puu.sh/lqVYV/b3b2931560.mp4
peppy
This is DEFINITELY something on your PC, and not osu!.
EndlessD

peppy wrote:

This is DEFINITELY something on your PC, and not osu!.
Yeah, seems to be. My PC doesn't recognize that I'm pressing F10 for some reason.
Thanks!
Sidetail

peppy wrote:

Then please provide your performance.log (after being on cutting edge and reproducing such stutters) in the cutting edge thread!

Performance log: http://puu.sh/lrJFL/12cc3a8ccc.txt

System Config: Gaming laptop with duel graphics. (Intel 4600 & 970M with latest drivers)

I ran both configs:
  1. Intel gpu fails to deliver smooth operation. (Every 1-3minutes, I get error of "Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.")
  2. 970M works better, but still shows signs of stuttering. (Barely playable to unplayable long stutter)

Notice: I have 144hz monitor connected through displayport.

I run it with borderless, but I tried with Full screen mode in Beta version, and it seems to add more latency :shock: , as a result, I moved back to the CE.

I will provide a video if you are curious how it looks like.
peppy
That sounds like optimus hardware. Am I correct in believing this?
Sidetail

peppy wrote:

That sounds like optimus hardware. Am I correct in believing this?
I forcefully set it up so that osu runs only on High-performance nVidia graphic processor.

Image: http://puu.sh/lrLHo/887db6a855.png

I am pretty sure osu does not rely on intel graphics anymore, but I am still not 100% sure about this problem.
show more