forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
ShadOhhh
Can we at least keep unlimited frame rate at the beginning of the song(so intro and skip sections) and during breaks, I also feel that switching to the limited frame rate and then switching back to unlimited is a little unnecessary during the break sections. Does this sound unreasonable?
peppy
- Autoplay / replays should not be jerky at 240fps. If that's the case, your system is likely misconfigured.
- Unlimited was not removed for no reason. It has threading implications and also unnecessarily contributed to global warming.
buny
The new update seems to have messed my sliders up completely

http://puu.sh/la5UT/3aa1c0d943.webm

The quality isn't the best, but if you look closely you can see in the next few sliders that they make some sort of silhouette
peppy
I can't see crap.
Houtarou Oreki
I've got a problem in editor.

I already have some sliders placed, and then after changing the slider velocity and starting music + changing their lengths, osu! crashes and asks me to save the beatmap. Tried replicating, doesn't seem to crash in stable.
buny
it's hard (for me) to record it in any better quality, try looking at the (3) pink slider at 14s and the (3) blue slider at 21s, or the two sliders at 36s. There's an outline of a slider that extends near the actual slider. It is a lot more noticeable in the actual gameplay
Multtari

0:14

There is some weird effect with sliders.

Cutting Edge Build: b20151105

smoogipoo
@Multtari: Can you replicate this in the editor?
peppy
The latest CE patches should fix the "black screen of doom" that was introduced earlier today. Let me know if you still experience it.
Yauxo

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

I've got a problem in editor.

I already have some sliders placed, and then after changing the slider velocity and starting music + changing their lengths, osu! crashes and asks me to save the beatmap. Tried replicating, doesn't seem to crash in stable.
Can confirm, have a similar problem.
Happens seemingly randomly, but the last time it happened I did something with Sliders and Ctrl+z (undo). Osu stops working, crashes and asks me to save the map (atleast).

2: Just happened as I tried to flip multiple objects, stack them and play the music again
Haskorion
I get drops in fps everytime a slider is drawn while they are snaking.

Screenshots are with frame time display open and played on this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/541990

I normally get 1.6ms up to 3ms when sliders appear on stable with snaking.
On cuttingedge I get 1.6ms up to 6ms when slightly longer sliders appear with snaking on.

I have an Intel Core i3-4158U processor with an integrated Intel Iris Graphics 5100 graphic card on a laptop if it is of any help.
Fatal3ty
Please check the Tag-Coop multiplayer. The FPS has large lag between Player changes, especially with Tag4 map. Between 240fps (player) and I (Unlimited) slows down extremely. Nevertheless again need the ability to create infinite FPS again. Simply remove and still make more problems is just not good. Earlier Osu was much better, even with DirectX. :|
peppy
Tag-coop will be fixed. Any other issues?
Fatal3ty
Please remain infinitely In Map-breaks to avoid lags after the break. Especially with Taiko and other modes shows. (Map-breaks are in the gameplay)

Thanks
peppy
That is also on the list.
Hathz
Having the crashing issue in Editor as well, it crashed like 10 times in the last 5 minutes. Not sure what exactly causes it, sometimes it crashes when I recently select a slider and then start playback with Space, or I enter test mode with F5.

Crash stack trace
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=q9GxgMiQXsfDoqSRge5soyed_xXP4dR$Hoyt1Q3LMiCs8brIcwE43CzfvCG4pnhj0..ctor(#=qwnNZs0Ef91v6qUQ2Dql3_CylxtJkxUM8qBiTklCY7zO6XZ_GJFrnaJEKGI2BAHs0 #=qggTadKBNaceF2LxEwq9Lqw==, Nullable`1 #=qlIVk6Fb7tbKW0gbwZQIxaORuVENEXrsdDEvot_Am4Cc=)
at #=qt8QVeOF2zKeHfpCsuXvGOTm7cuHsciIBsCJOSmFdLd705A7qSIdiE3FiDvcHFo7l.                            ()
at #=qb32qBMopZEkaa5T78L88StQPodbbNLzDSRPliKEi$jc_uGgJLpRXJewwuZy9z8HA.#=q3G3Pdz$saF2KxiiJtdLZhw==()
at #=qk3kNruro8ZNNkz2R174B0g==.#=qsKE4uJLqWGFKFdqxlS2PVw==()
at #=qv2xGX1XK3dWTd_ea28_v3akX0AUyOPwEmcUbsuyCYjY=.#=qpkYJHpK0Vdtx0Y0f3a0CrQ==(Object #=qxchpiG2leyMuo5ID9XAdGg==, EventArgs #=qCuy5if_TONyshUy$NF4MRw==)
at #=qjbTnv2bKX_GK$dbNKehgVEMrHBAXZxJ1W4jcnv0UGLo=.#=q1TBXYQfcSj_A56vxhQoYlw==(Object #=qxchpiG2leyMuo5ID9XAdGg==, EventArgs #=qD8sC4RyoLqsIJ5YQyxfudQ==)
at #=qOfkKrC3RgehwXN5L8PzYGsmR1SzVQuxJWAR2iEw031I=.#=qgaYkcBKtImITlhQma3l7SwQt85_aWhW6_qRTz655I8g=(Object #=qxchpiG2leyMuo5ID9XAdGg==, EventArgs #=qCuy5if_TONyshUy$NF4MRw==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=qOfkKrC3RgehwXN5L8PzYGsmR1SzVQuxJWAR2iEw031I=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qv2xGX1XK3dWTd_ea28_v3akX0AUyOPwEmcUbsuyCYjY=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qsXwW2DNHeodBGpaV7mcYxA==.#=qGBAeDmWvMrD_1fT$1GSwAA==(String #=qNXjgKZrIXmvpyLIRFIzTnw==, Boolean #=qlbV2RgzpVfxTfwZQvX270awAoYAZhqKsvxn1nGKs0Fg=, Boolean #=qSQeuJLFcOtY8uWvcxuK_KQ==)
A Mystery

Hathz wrote:

Having the crashing issue in Editor as well, it crashed like 10 times in the last 5 minutes. Not sure what exactly causes it, sometimes it crashes when I recently select a slider and then start playback with Space, or I enter test mode with F5.

Crash stack trace
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=q9GxgMiQXsfDoqSRge5soyed_xXP4dR$Hoyt1Q3LMiCs8brIcwE43CzfvCG4pnhj0..ctor(#=qwnNZs0Ef91v6qUQ2Dql3_CylxtJkxUM8qBiTklCY7zO6XZ_GJFrnaJEKGI2BAHs0 #=qggTadKBNaceF2LxEwq9Lqw==, Nullable`1 #=qlIVk6Fb7tbKW0gbwZQIxaORuVENEXrsdDEvot_Am4Cc=)
at #=qt8QVeOF2zKeHfpCsuXvGOTm7cuHsciIBsCJOSmFdLd705A7qSIdiE3FiDvcHFo7l.                            ()
at #=qb32qBMopZEkaa5T78L88StQPodbbNLzDSRPliKEi$jc_uGgJLpRXJewwuZy9z8HA.#=q3G3Pdz$saF2KxiiJtdLZhw==()
at #=qv2xGX1XK3dWTd_ea28_v3akX0AUyOPwEmcUbsuyCYjY=.#=qpkYJHpK0Vdtx0Y0f3a0CrQ==(Object #=qxchpiG2leyMuo5ID9XAdGg==, EventArgs #=qCuy5if_TONyshUy$NF4MRw==)
at #=qjbTnv2bKX_GK$dbNKehgVEMrHBAXZxJ1W4jcnv0UGLo=.#=q1TBXYQfcSj_A56vxhQoYlw==(Object #=qxchpiG2leyMuo5ID9XAdGg==, EventArgs #=qD8sC4RyoLqsIJ5YQyxfudQ==)
at #=qOfkKrC3RgehwXN5L8PzYGsmR1SzVQuxJWAR2iEw031I=.#=qgaYkcBKtImITlhQma3l7SwQt85_aWhW6_qRTz655I8g=(Object #=qxchpiG2leyMuo5ID9XAdGg==, EventArgs #=qCuy5if_TONyshUy$NF4MRw==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #=qOfkKrC3RgehwXN5L8PzYGsmR1SzVQuxJWAR2iEw031I=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qv2xGX1XK3dWTd_ea28_v3akX0AUyOPwEmcUbsuyCYjY=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qsXwW2DNHeodBGpaV7mcYxA==.#=qGBAeDmWvMrD_1fT$1GSwAA==(String #=qNXjgKZrIXmvpyLIRFIzTnw==, Boolean #=qlbV2RgzpVfxTfwZQvX270awAoYAZhqKsvxn1nGKs0Fg=, Boolean #=qSQeuJLFcOtY8uWvcxuK_KQ==)
Same thing here. I'm happy it asks to save before it restarts.
EDIT: just to add: I was moving a storyboard element when it happened, so it doesn't only happen with gameplay objects.

Crash report
at #=qt8QVeOF2zKeHfpCsuXvGOTm7cuHsciIBsCJOSmFdLd705A7qSIdiE3FiDvcHFo7l. ??? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ()
[ Chry ]
My collection got deleted twice
Deif

Hathz wrote:

Crash stack trace
It also happens to me in the editor as well. It seems get triggered by selecting some notes, but I cannot reproduce the bug properly since it doesn't always happen:
SPOILER
ThePooN
I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but here the pause notice doesn't stop popping, even in pause or while playing, chatting etc. My escape key is working correctly, I can even close chat by pressing Esc normally etc. Just, the notice doesn't stop popping up. I don't know how this happened.
http://imgcc.xyz/AXUq/f533b7
Multtari

smoogipooo wrote:

@Multtari: Can you replicate this in the editor?
Yes, it happens during Kiai time.
Maldenarus

a loli wrote:

it's hard (for me) to record it in any better quality, try looking at the (3) pink slider at 14s and the (3) blue slider at 21s, or the two sliders at 36s. There's an outline of a slider that extends near the actual slider. It is a lot more noticeable in the actual gameplay
i can confirm this. Some sliders do have a "shadow" in the same form as the real one. it´s confined to the same slider in every play of the same map and it´s not often. Some maps don´t have it at all. I have a vid where it should be distinguishable but i need to find a way to shrink and upload it first.
A Mystery

Maldenarus wrote:

a loli wrote:

i can confirm this. Some sliders do have a "shadow" in the same form as the real one. it´s confined to the same slider in every play of the same map and it´s not often. Some maps don´t have it at all. I have a vid where it should be distinguishable but i need to find a way to shrink and upload it first.
I thought I was just tired lol, but there really was a barely visible second slider?
Alisson

Maldenarus wrote:

a loli wrote:

Just "upping", since I experienced this same issue.

I tested in this map: Toyosaki Aki - Diamond

The "shadow slider" appears in the chorus.

I tried to print some of them using autoplay + 0.5x speed.
Intervention
not sure if it's related to the shadow slider problem or anyone else has this problem, but the latest update with sliders create more latency and cause fps problems, as well as a small bump in cpu usage. previously, the cpu usage was about 10 - 20% at most and now any map with lots of sliders (or rather, quite a lot of maps with sliders) will increase cpu usage to 30%+ and decrease fps to even 1 fps, ms being up to heights such as 500 ms.
Mr HeliX
I thought I was experiencing serious eye problems but it seems I'm not the only one with the weird sliders.
I have only seen them during Kiai time, although not I didn't notice it with all sliders. It's difficult to make a screenshot of it, but on this map it's really obvious something weird is going on there (a little bit before the first break).
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I don't see anything wrong with that map. I noticed that deselecting a map doesn't remove the selection border of the slider.
A Mystery
It's a weird "ghost" of the the next slider you're about to hit after the object you're busy with at that moment, that appears and moves for a brief moment.

here's a short video where it should be obvious
Rickput
I have also been experiencing this "slider shadow" that people are talking about, and I think it's something to do with kiai time, as I've only seen it happen during kiai time.

I've found it very noticeable on Hello,Planet.

Video where the screenshot was taken
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix slider border colour not updating when it is selected. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151106.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix ghost sliders during kiai time. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151106.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
BanchoBot
  1. Allow FPS to remain unlimited as long as the user is in play mode and not paused. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151106.3cuttingedge.

_vanity
I'm on the latest version of cuttingedge, where it is said that this issue has been fixed. I'm not sure if this is what you meant as ghost slider, but it sure does mess up my reading.

osu! version: 20151106.4cuttingedge
_vanity
It's still happening. t/382892
peppy
Are you sure you're updated?
_vanity
Yes!
peppy
Which map are you replicating this on? Is the BPM crazy high?
_vanity
This map right here. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/622407
_vanity
It doesn't happen just on that specific slider, either. It happens randomly through other sliders from what I have noticed. I've played different maps all day long and still had this happen to me.
BusterBeachside
I don't normally encounter many errors while playing, so I don't usually make posts about them, but here seems like exactly the right place for this...

I started getting this odd error in the beatmap selection menu. The preview BG images are being taken from other beatmaps I have loaded. A few examples:

http://puu.sh/lbefy/dabdc21b6b.jpg

http://puu.sh/lbeh3/3b35cab190.jpg

http://puu.sh/lbei5/bc89bdbc89.jpg

Obviously not game-breaking, but certainly odd.

If there's some kind of log somewhere that would be helpful if posted, I still have the instance of the game open from when these screens were taken. Figured I should report this before I started playing today. :p
show more