forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Fee_old_1
For some reason all of my scores on taiko are giving me more score than they should, although im using no mod my scores are higher than people with mods. I deicded to restart the game to see if the problem persisted and it did.

Feel free to delete these scores.

osu! version: 20151026.1cuttingedge
Trosk-
@Fee: Merged your post to the CE thread.

It is indeed wrong. The score per hit is higher than it should. Thanks for reporting it.
safe_osu
I'm running on b20151026.4cuttingedge. Here is the list of issues I've found.
  1. The short-time spinner is looked weird.
  2. Different RPM on different playback rate.
  3. x0.5 playback rate is faster than stable.
  4. the alignment "unranked" is not centered.
Video: http://puu.sh/kYhnZ/276b1e33f2.mp4 (I'm not sure it is allowed to upload 7MB file to puush or not)
aafi
hi there

i want to report my issue with latest cutting edge build
my problem is i can't submit score, the menu popup mentioned that my osu version is too old to submit score
but actually i just change it from latest osu to cutting edge osu

i am play with ctb mode

here the screen shoot

as you can see my cutting edge built is the latest one

i think the problem occur because i use this route

stable (fallback) -> stable -> cutting edge
instead
stabe (fallback) -> cutting edge
or
cutting edge -> cuting edge
or
the problem just on the latest update, or i don't install osu properly

idk XD

but wen i chage back to stabele (fallback) i cant submit score again
and update again to stable then still able to submit

and update again to cutting edge and surprisingly it still can submit score

so the problem solved i think :D
i hope it helped for people with same problem
Mr HeliX
Spectator is incredibly laggy here. My internet connection is fine, everything is working except spectator. The person who's playing has no connection problems either.

When spectating something, every ten seconds or so it either goes buffering again or the cursor does this weird thing where it slowly moves to a circle that has yet to appear and continues from there on :S

Of course these things happen sometimes but it has been happening on every map I've been spectating so far.

Also, I get that little chain icon for a few seconds in the right bottom corner every fifteen minutes or so. Happens in multiplayer sometimes as well, but it doesn't instantly disconnect me, which it usually does. Thought that was weird as well.

Using the latest cutting edge build.
Euphorye
When i try to start osu, it comes up with the file, http://imgur.com/as9SZro, saying i need to install .NET Framework v4.0.30319, And i'm not really sure how to fix this.
Mr HeliX

Allenwalker88 wrote:

When i try to start osu, it comes up with the file, http://imgur.com/as9SZro, saying i need to install .NET Framework v4.0.30319, And i'm not really sure how to fix this.

If you go to Windows Update there will probably be an update for it. Otherwise search for it on the Microsoft website :3
Euphorye

Mr HeliX wrote:

Allenwalker88 wrote:

If you go to Windows Update there will probably be an update for it. Otherwise search for it on the Microsoft website :3
Like, try to install the newest version of .NET? If so, i've already done that.
-Chitose-
After get update build b20151027cuttingedge the localisation seems have a little error.
And here how to replicate:
1. Change your language to anything you want (recommended chines or japanes) and exit the client
2. Start osu! again and change your language back to English then Voila!!!

the back button and notification (only on chat) still have japanes text but the whole interface is not
peppy
This has always been the case. Some interface elements are not updated until a game restart for the time being.
-Chitose-

peppy wrote:

This has always been the case. Some interface elements are not updated until a game restart for the time being.
oh i see... so why don't make it auto restart?

Edit: ow almost forgot to tell, in last build i din't have this issue
Euphorye
If you're talking to me about this, i can't open osu! at all, so i can't really change the language.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Re-fix unranked sprite alignment on widescreens. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151027cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Euphorye

Allenwalker88 wrote:

If you're talking to me about this, i can't open osu! at all, so i can't really change the language.
Done, now all i had to do was reinstall and stay on the fallback stable version, not the ohter one.
Magnolia
Song's failing to load on current cutting edge build

Beatmap's with this issue that i've found:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/376592
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/529080
peppy
That's the most annoying skin i've ever heard.
Magnolia

peppy wrote:

That's the most annoying skin i've ever heard.
はい!
Spiritoftime
Anyone know why i can't open 80% of my beat-maps with the latest cutting edge update? It just says they fail to load. I was playing them two hours ago perfectly fine.
Pitreq
Having problem to load 80% of my maps.. (started to happen exactly in the latest update, which was 30m-1h ago)
Vex
It seems that unranked maps are having trouble being loaded.
Magnolia

Spiritoftime wrote:

Anyone know why i can't open 80% of my beat-maps with the latest cutting edge update? It just says they fail to load. I was playing them two hours ago perfectly fine.
look at my post litterally just above you, its been brought up

EDIT: thanks peppy the update you just pushed fixed it!
NeonWolfy
I can't play osu! the screen is suppose to be full but instead it is only a quarter and i can't see what i'm clicking because it's only a quarter :(
Trosk-

NeonWolfy wrote:

I can't play osu! the screen is suppose to be full but instead it is only a quarter and i can't see what i'm clicking because it's only a quarter :(

Update/Install your GPU drivers.
Alpha_00
At the moment, when I open osu, the game immediately becomes unresponsive, before I can even interact with any of the menus. While this'll probably be fixed soon, is there any way I can rollback to beta or stable without going through the client itself?
imagaK

Alpha_00 wrote:

At the moment, when I open osu, the game immediately becomes unresponsive, before I can even interact with any of the menus. While this'll probably be fixed soon, is there any way I can rollback to beta or stable without going through the client itself?
In your osu folder, open osu!.cfg and change "_ReleaseStream = CuttingEdge" line to "_ReleaseStream = Stable". It should be the topmost line, atleast it was for me. Then just start osu!.exe and it will update to the fallback stable release.
Alpha_00

imagaK wrote:

Alpha_00 wrote:

In your osu folder, open osu!.cfg and change "_ReleaseStream = CuttingEdge" line to "_ReleaseStream = Stable". It should be the topmost line, atleast it was for me. Then just start osu!.exe and it will update to the fallback stable release.
I tried to do this after checking the osu.cfg and seeing that line, but then I run into another issue: the update goes to ~10%, stalls for a second, and then says my connection was interrupted, even though I don't see any other signs of disconnect on my end. Not quite sure what's up.

A side note, will reinstalling it from scratch wipe my beatmaps/collections/skins? I may just do that if this connection issue doesn't fix itself.
peppy
Reinstalling will repair your game and not remove any files. Just make sure not to uninstall first.
pingal1ty
Since the last update the fps meter does not show in-game (while playing a song) anymore, instead I see something that looks like an input lag meter.

I don't know for the rest of you guys but its giving me some troubles for myself. While playing Solo I get reads between 0.30 and 0.40ms (if you wonder how can be this low, I play on an old 19" CRT monitor which is hugely better for input lag in comparison to any of todays TFT, LCD, LED, etc monitors)

The thing is when I am in song selection it goes to 4.x ms and while playing multiplayer it stays on that value, also I noticed yesterday while playing MP that I was having some kind of lags, the circles stopped for like a moment then the song continues going. Like if my computer wouldn't be able to handle osu. I am not running anything in the background while I play osu

My computer is old but should be fair enough to run osu, my specs :

Intel core i7 920 2.66ghz
6GB RAM tri-channel DDR3-1066Mhz
Nvidia GTX 275 SSC 1792MB
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10.000rpm.

Before the update I don't know what was the input lag, but I am sure I wasnt having those kind of microcuts while playing MP, and its kind of weird that menu and MP does read 4.2ms input lag and singleplaying just 0.40 or less.

Any thoughts on what can be causing this?

PS: I don't know if this is the right section of the forum, excuse me if I post it in the wrong place.
FuZ
It's not the right section but your thread will probably get moved

Try using FPS limit : Unlimited instead of Unlimited (gameplay)

Unlimited (gameplay) lock your fps in menu to 240 (around 4.2ms)

Also the meter is not really an input lag meter, you can get input lag even if you're below 1ms
pingal1ty
What about the aproaching circles stopping in MP for a moment? I haven't had that before and I always played with 240fps or unlimited (gameplay) and 0 problems. Why of a sudden just for switching to Stable channel I've all this ? Anyways not going to break my head, i just posted my experience and its so frustrating when you know its not you or your computer because before the update everything was fine, now the update screwed it, its that plain simple to understand it.
FuZ

pingal1ty wrote:

What about the aproaching circles stopping in MP for a moment? I haven't had that before and I always played with 240fps or unlimited (gameplay) and 0 problems. Why of a sudden just for switching to Stable channel I've all this ?
Maybe you have compatibility problem with the new build, have you tried switching back to the old build "Stable (Fallback)"? It should solve the problem until a more stable "Stable" version is deployed. I can't help more
pingal1ty
Switched to Unlimited and now no problems on MP playing but I can't see the FPS counter because in this release its not showing while playing and I only see the input lag, so I don't know on how much FPS I was playing. What is the point on having an FPS counter that it just shows on the game menu and not while playing? Can't understand.
FuZ

pingal1ty wrote:

Switched to Unlimited and now no problems on MP playing but I can't see the FPS counter because in this release its not showing while playing and I only see the input lag, so I don't know on how much FPS I was playing. What is the point on having an FPS counter that it just shows on the game menu and not while playing? Can't understand.
You can still see your fps with the new meter, use the formula 1000 / ms
pingal1ty
Why I just can't see the number like before? ¬¬ Anyways thanks for the info
sonicyellow
The maximum spins per minute (SPM) appears to be 318 when playing DT, as opposed to 477 without DT. Is this an intended change?
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix any chance of nullrefs occurring on cursor trail drawing. (peppy)
  2. Don't apply dim animations to repeat endpoints of sliders (looks silly). (peppy)
  3. Allow all volume controls to display even during play mode. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151029cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
r0ck
  1. Issue: Slider start circle is appearing (rendering?) with little "delay", or more precisely, it's appearing with transparency which slowly turns to opacity.
  2. Video showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQwKJB ... e=youtu.be (up = cutting-edge, down = stable/beta).
  3. Details: I have slider start circle that's black inside so it looks like normal ring circle on the black background and doesn't appear as gray inside because of the gray slider track. It's working perfectly on stable/beta but not on the cutting edge. On cutting edge everytime when slider appears first what I see is my half-transparent circle on the gray background, and only after few milliseconds it looks how it should. For me it's SUPER distracting and I don't really see a point of that change so why doesn't keep it normal way (like it's on stable/beta) or atleast make it as option (in skin.ini maybe).
Neliel
Connection issues for german players are still not fixed. Alot of players have dcs every 5 seconds ~
Any news?
Trosk-

Deadlyneliel wrote:

Connection issues for german players are still not fixed. Alot of players have dcs every 5 seconds ~
Any news?
Are you actually being disconnected from Bancho, or just getting a "broken chain" icon on the bottom right of the screen?
Neliel
Broken Chain icon and stucked in "Waiting for all players to finish" in multiplayer.

Another issue is that you can get the whole Multiplayer lobby stucked https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3885327 , but this is not connection related. Just thought I mention it. I dont even know what I did there, but I wasnt changing the beatmap and I already was ready to start >_>
show more