forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
safe_osu

BanchoBot wrote:

Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix remaining spinner alignment issues. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151016.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
I'm running on b20151016.2cuttingedge. It's still not good.

This is the list of spinner elements that I've noticed the alignment issues in the screenshots.
  1. spinner-metre.png
  2. spinner-glow.png
  3. spinner-clear.png
  4. spinner-rpm.png
  5. spinner-spin.png
I hope these will be helpful. :D
Denro
I get many "disconnects" (even though they are only for 1 - 5 seconds): My Network-Log displays the following (sorry it's in german):
Log
18.10.2015 10:06:23: BANCHO error: System.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 141.101.112.193:443
bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
bei #=qOqnn2py2PwnU6$uIXam5$1hXzS6UUieMPbkKDI_FVPc=.#=q$Bz1$LBsM96PprOLQ9E5__Q_74h1lBvci5dKAo1UTAo=()
bei #=qM_sMLwEooPizZhaXp7Xl7VKF4UtuhpKQmwS$eHLM$CA=.#=qdgnVfxXyE9duXHDbDpkxmw==(Boolean #=q1ocCHbkqEwatFzDdnT_mzg==)
bei #=qM_sMLwEooPizZhaXp7Xl7VKF4UtuhpKQmwS$eHLM$CA=.#=qCXneXgBcG5TjuIpFeEWoSg==()
Nayrus
Kind of issue: If you select Target Practice and Relax you are still able to fail. I guess that is because some Players might want to play Target Practice without clicking all the time, but you're not able to select NF at this point. So you can't play TP without dying and clicking
Shizuyi
:D

Denro wrote:

I get many "disconnects" (even though they are only for 1 - 5 seconds): My Network-Log displays the following (sorry it's in german):
Log
18.10.2015 10:06:23: BANCHO error: System.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 141.101.112.193:443
bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
bei #=qOqnn2py2PwnU6$uIXam5$1hXzS6UUieMPbkKDI_FVPc=.#=q$Bz1$LBsM96PprOLQ9E5__Q_74h1lBvci5dKAo1UTAo=()
bei #=qM_sMLwEooPizZhaXp7Xl7VKF4UtuhpKQmwS$eHLM$CA=.#=qdgnVfxXyE9duXHDbDpkxmw==(Boolean #=q1ocCHbkqEwatFzDdnT_mzg==)
bei #=qM_sMLwEooPizZhaXp7Xl7VKF4UtuhpKQmwS$eHLM$CA=.#=qCXneXgBcG5TjuIpFeEWoSg==()
I have the same issue. THought it's on my end.
Kitokofox
I tried compatibility mode after crashes I experience during osu!standard game-play, to find it completely black.

gl_info.txt

GL Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.8afe1e1b8397)
GL Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 Direct3D9 vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
GL Shader Language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 2.1.0.8afe1e1b8397)
GL Vendor: Google Inc.
GL Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_debug_marker
GL Context: Index: 95731348, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 0 (0000), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False

Strangely enough, it works fine on compatibility mode OFF, until I play osu!standard, where it sometimes crashes. And it's that mode specifically.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix flashlight is not updated at loading multiplayer match. (WujekGrzyb)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151017cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix samples are sometimes disposed too early in concurrent thread. (WujekGrzyb)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151020cuttingedge.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix download sprites not being cleared when download is canceled. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151021cuttingedge.

Neliel

Denro wrote:

Log
I also experience this issue. Its really annoying as you cant play multiplayer without getting stuck in "Waiting for all players."
Also it is not my connections fault as any other game/program/connection is fine.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix remaining spinner alignment issues (osu! and taiko modes). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151021.1cuttingedge.

safe_osu
It worked perfect! There are no spinner alignment issues now. Thank you peppy.

I also read your blog, I feel sorry for I'm the one of them that still using 5:4 monitor.
Rickput
I just started my osu on cutting edge, and it auto-updated to a stable build (wtf), reset all my settings, and logged me out. I don't understand.
Trosk-

Rickput wrote:

I just started my osu on cutting edge, and it auto-updated to a stable build (wtf), reset all my settings, and logged me out. I don't understand.
Well, are you actually sure that you didn't open a wrong osu! installation? Because osu! will not change your release stream and reset your settings automatically. Unless something goes extremely wrong.
Rickput

Trosk- wrote:

Rickput wrote:

Well, are you actually sure that you didn't open a wrong osu! installation? Because osu! will not change your release stream and reset your settings automatically. Unless something goes extremely wrong.
I only have one installation.

I got everything sorted out again, had to re-apply all my settings and log in again, set to cutting edge, etc. I don't know what happened, though.
peppy
Sounds like you changed your windows username. In which case your settings are all still there. Under your old username.
Neliel

Deadlyneliel wrote:

Denro wrote:

Log
I also experience this issue. Its really annoying as you cant play multiplayer without getting stuck in "Waiting for all players."
Also it is not my connections fault as any other game/program/connection is fine.
Is there any way to fix this? Its annoying if I have to leave the lobby with alt + f4 after 2 - 3 maps because everyone is stuck in "Waiting for all players.". Changing the release stream is not an option if I want to practice score v2.
Fatal3ty
Hidden Mod Glitch Sliderendcircle:c

When I go to the Hidden, the Sliderendcircle are completely gone and Hitcircle initially go away. I do not like, I would like to have the old again, have the visible "Sliderendcircle"!

No Hidden:

With hidden:

Slider invisible with hidden, unplayable

Sliderstartcircle disapear, i dont like this :(

No Hidden is normal. Please fix and Hidden Mod is unplayable :(

Edit: Even in normal mod, disappear Sliderstartcircle when I follow the cursor. I want Hitcircle are firmly on the sliders, without going away. I like that better. I'm just frustrated and wants to return the old one. :(
Trosk-
The behaviour of the sliders has been changed. You will need to get used to it.
Fatal3ty

Trosk- wrote:

The behaviour of the sliders has been changed. You will need to get used to it.
No I would like to return the old one. The new sliderfeature I dont like this. It must have the ability to change my skin.ini. Thus it makes no more fun to play. :(
Reyvateil
About the Hidden mod behavior changes on Cutting Edge:

* I don't get what's the intention behind this change. Was it to make the mod easier? Harder? Different? Sincerely, I have no idea what this change tries to accomplish.
* Gameplay reasons aside, I don't like using sausage sliders (sliders without the circle in the end), this change forces me to do it. If you have hidden on the slider end is automatically gone and no choice from me.
* Not sure if it's because of this change, but the visuals visuals while playing without the mod were affected, sliderend circles now fade-in slower and this is annoying and distracting since I'm not using to not having the circle there after playing two years using skins with the sliderend, even for a while.

I can get used to playing without the sliders disappearing and overall this can be a nice change, I just don't get why now and not sure about how this should affect past scores. Second, this change shouldn't affect skins without an invisible sliderend and force the change on it.

These are my thoughts, also, the change is happening right before the OWC starts... as if adding timing windows to sliders, which sometimes are mapped with the leniency in mind, wasn't enough.
LuihGi
This "Hidden Mod" change is pointless, why would you fix something that DOESN'T need to be fixed, everyone was getting used to it and suddenly it got changed wtf. It will make HD+FL and HD+DT (ar 10.3) much more harder, hopefully this is just a test or whatever.
Endaris
While I agree on the Hidden-Change with sliderbodies enforcing its characteristic I would really love if the sliderend would remain a skinnable element or toggle-function.
Being a mouseplayer I don't have any absolute tracking to rely on and therefore I actively use sliderends as an orientation how I have to move my mouse to hit the next jump.
On jump-patterns where I rely on my first jump from a sliderend bringing me into the correct position to hit the following jumps I already repeatedly failed complete patterns on maps I'm consistently able to clear with 99% accuracy.
I'm forced to look a lot more at my cursor than I used to and I dislike it a lot when before I knew that I would jump off at a distinctive point dictated by the sliderend especially since I have to read ahead when playing HD, not backwards.
So please make it a toggle/skinnable feature somehow.

Sliderfade eases EZHD reading so much lol
George
Well, I guess I'll break the chain of talking about hidden to post this bug I found from osu!, pay attention to my cursor in this video.

https://youtu.be/QbQD6qFYlWg

Fatal3ty
The last update is Hidden become much worse, you can not play anymore. Slider will disappear much earlier and since I can no longer play at all. It makes no more fun, the old version, the sliders and Hitcircle always there were much better. Thus, it has become completely unusable, other skins also no longer help. :cry:

Better: HD for normal Hidden and HD+ for fade out sliders, new idea :(
Mr HeliX
Am I really the only one who actually likes the Hidden change? I agree with the sliderendcircle thing though, but that just got fixed anyway.

Sliders unplayable now? If you think that then imo you're not able to read hidden correctly. I mean, if the slider track would completely disappear when you're just halfway, then you would have a point. But it's just fading out towards the end, it's still perfectly readable and actually easier to play with. I always thought it to be weird that hitcircles would disappear but sliders wouldn't. It's called "hidden" for all sake.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
It doesn't seem like the final alpha level of the slider end matched the current alpha of the slider when the end appears. The result is the slider end appearing more solid than it should be on certain slider velocities. Look at this map for example. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/131867 Some of those sliders end transformations just look out of place.

Also the slider end is completely gone way before you reach the end of it, so you end up with an endless stub for most of the slider if it's long. I think the end should share the same alpha as the slider track and fade with the body. I want it to appear as one object. It is distracting to see it fade at a different rate as the slider body. (It's most distracting for short sliders.)

Slider ends don't appear for sliders with repeats.
Acc God_DELETED
dont know what it is but i have
gtx 970
fx 6300
8 gb
as basics and sometimes while playing i get a lag spike that freezes
my screen for a sec so i miss notes and don't get that pp :(
(drivers are up to date and power is not an issue genraly i get 1400-2000 frames but the acational time i play my hole game freezes for a sec and throws me off )
Fee_old_1
For some reason all of my scores on taiko are giving me more score than they should, although im using no mod my scores are higher than people with mods. I deicded to restart the game to see if the problem persisted and it did.

Feel free to delete these scores.

osu! version: 20151026.1cuttingedge
Trosk-
@Fee: Merged your post to the CE thread.

It is indeed wrong. The score per hit is higher than it should. Thanks for reporting it.
safe_osu
I'm running on b20151026.4cuttingedge. Here is the list of issues I've found.
  1. The short-time spinner is looked weird.
  2. Different RPM on different playback rate.
  3. x0.5 playback rate is faster than stable.
  4. the alignment "unranked" is not centered.
Video: http://puu.sh/kYhnZ/276b1e33f2.mp4 (I'm not sure it is allowed to upload 7MB file to puush or not)
aafi
hi there

i want to report my issue with latest cutting edge build
my problem is i can't submit score, the menu popup mentioned that my osu version is too old to submit score
but actually i just change it from latest osu to cutting edge osu

i am play with ctb mode

here the screen shoot

as you can see my cutting edge built is the latest one

i think the problem occur because i use this route

stable (fallback) -> stable -> cutting edge
instead
stabe (fallback) -> cutting edge
or
cutting edge -> cuting edge
or
the problem just on the latest update, or i don't install osu properly

idk XD

but wen i chage back to stabele (fallback) i cant submit score again
and update again to stable then still able to submit

and update again to cutting edge and surprisingly it still can submit score

so the problem solved i think :D
i hope it helped for people with same problem
Mr HeliX
Spectator is incredibly laggy here. My internet connection is fine, everything is working except spectator. The person who's playing has no connection problems either.

When spectating something, every ten seconds or so it either goes buffering again or the cursor does this weird thing where it slowly moves to a circle that has yet to appear and continues from there on :S

Of course these things happen sometimes but it has been happening on every map I've been spectating so far.

Also, I get that little chain icon for a few seconds in the right bottom corner every fifteen minutes or so. Happens in multiplayer sometimes as well, but it doesn't instantly disconnect me, which it usually does. Thought that was weird as well.

Using the latest cutting edge build.
Euphorye
When i try to start osu, it comes up with the file, http://imgur.com/as9SZro, saying i need to install .NET Framework v4.0.30319, And i'm not really sure how to fix this.
Mr HeliX

Allenwalker88 wrote:

When i try to start osu, it comes up with the file, http://imgur.com/as9SZro, saying i need to install .NET Framework v4.0.30319, And i'm not really sure how to fix this.

If you go to Windows Update there will probably be an update for it. Otherwise search for it on the Microsoft website :3
Euphorye

Mr HeliX wrote:

Allenwalker88 wrote:

If you go to Windows Update there will probably be an update for it. Otherwise search for it on the Microsoft website :3
Like, try to install the newest version of .NET? If so, i've already done that.
-Chitose-
After get update build b20151027cuttingedge the localisation seems have a little error.
And here how to replicate:
1. Change your language to anything you want (recommended chines or japanes) and exit the client
2. Start osu! again and change your language back to English then Voila!!!

the back button and notification (only on chat) still have japanes text but the whole interface is not
peppy
This has always been the case. Some interface elements are not updated until a game restart for the time being.
-Chitose-

peppy wrote:

This has always been the case. Some interface elements are not updated until a game restart for the time being.
oh i see... so why don't make it auto restart?

Edit: ow almost forgot to tell, in last build i din't have this issue
Euphorye
If you're talking to me about this, i can't open osu! at all, so i can't really change the language.
BanchoBot
  1. Re-fix unranked sprite alignment on widescreens. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20151027cuttingedge.

show more