forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZirexY

Trosk- wrote:

ZirexY wrote:

Not sure if this has been resolved or not already, every time i finish playing a beatmap or watching a replay, my osu! crashes(This only happens on cutting edge, i can play fine on other release streams.)
Are you getting a crash message, error or something? If so, could you copy and paste the crashlog here?
No crash log or message, the screen goes black and windows tells me osu! has stopped working. Then it closes and i have to reopen it.
Tom94

ZirexY wrote:

Not sure if this has been resolved or not already, every time i finish playing a beatmap or watching a replay, my osu! crashes(This only happens on cutting edge, i can play fine on other release streams.)
Did you already try to update your graphics drivers? Chances are they are causing this.
ZirexY

Tom94 wrote:

ZirexY wrote:

Did you already try to update your graphics drivers? Chances are they are causing this.
I updated them the other day, could just be the cutting edge doesn't agree with my toaster.
Tom94
I just re-read your first post. How can you be "not sure" if this has been resolved already? When did you last test? Please test now and make sure it's still happening.
ZirexY

Tom94 wrote:

I just re-read your first post. How can you be "not sure" if this has been resolved already? When did you last test? Please test now and make sure it's still happening.
I haven't used cutting edge in a few months, but it crashed for me then as well. I tried it just a second ago, and it crashes after beatmaps.
Tom94
Sure that beta doesn't crash for you, too, then? Or did you test that a few months ago, too?

Thing is, a few months ago, there was nothing especially new on cutting edge. Your graphics card is most likely being overtaxed if you had crashes even back then, so try to use an FPS limiter within osu! and see if that helps, please.
ZirexY

Tom94 wrote:

Sure that beta doesn't crash for you, too, then? Or did you test that a few months ago, too?

Thing is, a few months ago, there was nothing especially new on cutting edge. Your graphics card is most likely being overtaxed if you had crashes even back then, so try to use an FPS limiter within osu! and see if that helps, please.
Beta is running just fine for me, i'll try the FPS limiter and get back to you!
ReesesPuffs
If you run osu://spectate/Reesespuffs in your browser while osu! is closed it will not able able to spectate that person unless you hit F9 (to bring up the extended chat) or have that person on your friend's list already. Otherwise you'll keep getting a "The user is not currently online" error. VeilStar was saying that the problem possibly might be presence.db?
peppy

ReesesPuffs wrote:

If you run osu://spectate/Reesespuffs in your browser while osu! is closed it will not able able to spectate that person unless you hit F9 (to bring up the extended chat) or have that person on your friend's list already. Otherwise you'll keep getting a "The user is not currently online" error. VeilStar was saying that the problem possibly might be presence.db?

Please user your user_id instead of username.
Kitokofox
Apparently playing the game can cause osu! to hard-crash.

I'm currently investigating what's causing it, but so far it's exclusive to Standard.

I played multiplayer with Sulker, he reports his chat getting jammed. The cause is very random.
sirusi
I can use Auto + No Fail at the same time.
MillhioreF
^ Auto can fail on some ridiculous maps, so that's not really a bug. It's also not exclusive to cuttingedge.

Speaking of bugs, though: osu! hard crashes with a windows "osu! has stopped working" popup when playing super ridiculous maps that cause osu! to drop below 1 FPS (example map). In Stable, the map eventually does complete, so I'd still consider this a regression.

Event Viewer log
Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GL.CopyTexImage2D(OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.TextureTarget2d, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.TextureCopyComponentCount, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32)
at #=q_H6qC6EFl9mIeJdJO_tLz0sIdkbzLMv1s2GRTcpnCn_fxFs0znQW0$TVm4aeUo2s.#=qP61m82Er3Xzl14jC2Fkd8A==()
at #=q_H6qC6EFl9mIeJdJO_tLz0sIdkbzLMv1s2GRTcpnCn_fxFs0znQW0$TVm4aeUo2s.#=qxqkza9JMyGGK6Yl2EjF8gg==(Boolean)
at #=q_H6qC6EFl9mIeJdJO_tLz0sIdkbzLMv1s2GRTcpnCn_fxFs0znQW0$TVm4aeUo2s.Dispose()
at #=quQ8gt5b006f_xQ$DBYgOLR$2K6$O2AtPbYb8_vi0geXvd9AweTsuFMWf7yoMdnOY.              ​   ​​     ()
at #=qxkncGnjLwNIX_RYeTzDiGTahObKmW5sPtFzlU9HDWn6EAhs2GX3kJtinB3ilrnZ3.#=q$RM8z20YkPvcHguSFV7Lcw==()
at #=qB4Rhvmn0r8qZNbRHkmZFqA==.#=qz3rcf1aoPp_5I5y8a88ypw==()
at #=qC_ievGvTmp$8E78o4rRIBQX7xLfFT4hTaKaiZSgaIRA=.#=qCvoanJYDBgCTRITUGgNHAg==()
at #=qC_ievGvTmp$8E78o4rRIBQX7xLfFT4hTaKaiZSgaIRA=.#=qJBoOURsJBCyBau9FefoxMw==(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at #=qDn9184XH_7mg0W4iwIOJNW0lklQ7dOfDlD28cg8CAPfPExVx12TjQuqVeSIgEz_K.#=q3IuNrJEi6jKLZAEgQsRGxg==()
at #=qNkrrF9uoy2bTyhfQ6OYBUwzIduEi9k2$Fu34k_EbPpTJFR7LHRUmE$oTH3cCjU1w.#=qR6sNcN3CHhTHAL7db9OVXinQsTbnmS5Wj4BFxmIB2Zo=(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
at #=qNkrrF9uoy2bTyhfQ6OYBUwzIduEi9k2$Fu34k_EbPpTJFR7LHRUmE$oTH3cCjU1w.#=qBY9CKqUKssueoUv_EtvQtA==()
at #=qC_ievGvTmp$8E78o4rRIBQX7xLfFT4hTaKaiZSgaIRA=.#=qBY9CKqUKssueoUv_EtvQtA==()
at #=qhkUBwUvBEyWPy7L9B3BjEA==.#=qPb6N69oxtNkcXrLci7qEkw==(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at #=qhkUBwUvBEyWPy7L9B3BjEA==.#=qt_3TT5LatVdJACiyU8TAXg==(System.String[])
at #=qhkUBwUvBEyWPy7L9B3BjEA==.#=qcPBKaWNIGqVe8LcJ04S66Q==()
at #=qBDg47fKHtQF_u7pMKEQM9tuZJqmayDk9$4mg_BsxaAI=.#=q0ucUxoLhKfBD8Afru_ga9w==()
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I don't think it's intended for auto to fail since it continues to play even when it's health bar is empty.
GhostFrog
Multi seems to be bugged. I tried twice to start a multiplayer match with someone (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/186911 with EZ on and freemod not enabled). The first time, my osu! window went black and the multiplayer game went without me. I had to close osu! through the task manager becuase I couldn't find a way to close it manually. The second time, both of our osu! windows went black. We were both using cutting-edge.
-Chitose-
Hi there :) i dunno how to explain this but i have a problem with cuttingedge build T.T Maybe it just me or anyone have experienced this but my problem is "Screen goes blank if a skin didn't have an SD element..."

Here how to replicate it:
- Make sure you have skin without SD element then open osu! and aply the skin
- Go to options and change your screen to maximum size first (if your maximum screen is 1366x768 this will not work) then enable fullscreen and letterboxing and re-size the screen again to 1024x768 or 800x600
- Make sure you do the step one and go to song selection... TADA!!!!!!! my screen blank -_-

From what i know osu! force me to use external SD element and that's make my osu! goes blank rather than using default/internal SD element.

Sorry for my bad english T.T and hope this gonna fix soon because i din't make any skin in SD element

EDIT: here the log
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qwh_dl9jju5wI0R7F6bEZo4Ns2dsbaAZ$udNzTavE1Vo=.#=qsIRl8HF1xTAZLRXKChA9O2zaZi4jo4wMVF133cJ5VVo=()
at #=qwh_dl9jju5wI0R7F6bEZo4Ns2dsbaAZ$udNzTavE1Vo=..ctor(#=qhYhzB9x6rYCsxV7_hqgCXnZChdWSjS6KcaVjcSYuGP0= #=q4fDiay2ixkqNYhy6Z$URjA==, #=qIDqqDiL9srB2CPh0NLvNJMEol7_7wMzVrRtY5cjcFWQ= #=qld7DexQzvNuMoywMqZbKdw==, Origins #=qnBIkSbxjhfkka9a57TuL0w==, #=qIDqqDiL9srB2CPh0NLvNJFlBLHS_nXahEWqy5c$B6jc= #=q4rjQXEOZN8HQmBpj76RiKQ==, Vector2 #=qsf03KAVFJ8axYJy0XADnAw==, Single #=qOZPqn_fu4PSYJzC8LrSM2w==, Boolean #=qjYtTGuXT79$zco5G4VVcIg==, Color #=qkdMlapmqOTY06z2NoK4VJg==, Object #=qRiAeB0MALS5$KPXSk94QQA==)
at #=qv9H6rDsgoR4iFRgLZjD_gGjJu9WE0zkzeHMO4HJOAIc=..ctor(Vector2 #=qH6W$8sEUrg_e2XkTj8T5cA==, Mods[] #=q$76sBrXTKWEGkzTC_Bp4YQ==)
at #=qFa1Y8zdgcPXAQxB73Xwb_Fpi$OYiUFajOK9ZGQm8Zip2HV1A_9ZP8JiTLZwn__gr..ctor(#=qqILcVcUzXV0e2P5GuqR0IdD2OsdplE8H7CJtrJ9gFJS1o5z$tri85U9PfHv9FFdj #=qv6aHlJf8oAT$jk6dL0xqEA==)
at #=qCdnCeVqZYCIkYbAu7yDBIG6S91EmZjW8kq$TyzxUvLZuV8Fs3DsUNDgQVk$k4a45.#=qId$sl6Qldo2WiXfCffdJd1_KG1V6ixHoE1DHRENGvpc=(Object #=qGnUBuicG_jHgS_JGZgbakQ==, EventArgs #=qdFCss9O2xxED8OnY_fOdHw==)
at #=qs8x1YAKIIMbcxnvrwxKnCnSyZ1Jsl1YxAnUYcBFJXp4=.#=qPba5CF3peUadaCSolrmyHA==(Boolean #=qiqDUu1bgNXFiWLpJNTqSWw==)
at #=qtc5RGLsmFg8NlHJ9$XCdG569q1ivs$sijEziFVI2kS_ySan9msi$N32U9ECSWvWq.#=qiUOwYyOGh2iQCsGRlTbiKQ==(Boolean #=qmOcZ0qL7$fc6rCgDZaSR3Q==)
at #=qtc5RGLsmFg8NlHJ9$XCdG569q1ivs$sijEziFVI2kS_ySan9msi$N32U9ECSWvWq.#=qQigzqCfNDu6_NCd_1u4uDQ==(Boolean #=qmOcZ0qL7$fc6rCgDZaSR3Q==)
at #=qAockle7h5yHf6FaKqnxXRj0Q7rOR5w58xcxBxjqmN1g_V$DVy6gSQws0TQ0RoMn5.#=qd6VfwAOAmVuOqwRZTaZp$Q==()
at #=q_sakg1jmXpWP9p3bPbqWByBTBQuIYibKJLFS_i_Wdfs=.#=qmZeib3f9txGoaVF463UZLA==()
at #=qs4t3_C4j4WxxHYOvfRQkvw==.#=qOp$krqg_WfFlXmBR2svGeQ==()
at #=qCxbcpBjeaun_eXJoMUHOfH$IElRKu9ogMvSj5NlZ5RY=.#=qFJm9EyNFRZChpDmkSH0dlA==()
at #=qCxbcpBjeaun_eXJoMUHOfH$IElRKu9ogMvSj5NlZ5RY=.#=qHnXQmLCtK0C$o$CYDNJhng==(Object #=qGnUBuicG_jHgS_JGZgbakQ==, EventArgs #=qdFCss9O2xxED8OnY_fOdHw==)
at #=q4YTDIaMCMu_vs$FsiEaQYLYLw2ITTuvbWqr6Ku7Mu_Ib8Y9ro17oJLaCv4o7uCMr.#=q7ION9qSKRBE2XWL6Ul_JBQ==()
at #=qjduyf0ZT3QE2XPAMsMpVujl96VaoJoiyi9xnCApTUsHuAlFql$B3d1_dpxX3C2Ar.#=qrlk8wKPldYGnvrkJ6seiAbO9svKl1acLbYD5RUhk3xo=(Object #=qGnUBuicG_jHgS_JGZgbakQ==, EventArgs #=qdFCss9O2xxED8OnY_fOdHw==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=qjduyf0ZT3QE2XPAMsMpVujl96VaoJoiyi9xnCApTUsHuAlFql$B3d1_dpxX3C2Ar.#=q25qGlGy5onJoSJYpbbgmTw==()
at #=qCxbcpBjeaun_eXJoMUHOfH$IElRKu9ogMvSj5NlZ5RY=.#=q25qGlGy5onJoSJYpbbgmTw==()
at #=qfsBR1LcaSgOF3SfgFKKibA==.#=qEpe0BQk62z_xg7F0ULzgSg==(String #=q8SjgbJh6yGBD$7q3Wc5F6g==, Boolean #=qbnsg74hxZuGeJNTXkCQJqUHsOXwu_$64zENyvGkuSlY=, Boolean #=q_7VSw6fxfx8tsy1Nu72v2Wp5m$F9w$6y1WILOxekVLU=, Boolean #=qHlJCW6ooxZSn$jrXy3OjHA==)
Trosk-

-Chitose- wrote:

Stuff
Hi there :) i dunno how to explain this but i have a problem with cuttingedge build T.T Maybe it just me or anyone have experienced this but my problem is "Screen goes blank if a skin didn't have an SD element..."

Here how to replicate it:
- Make sure you have skin without SD element then open osu! and aply the skin
- Go to options and change your screen to maximum size first (if your maximum screen is 1366x768 this will not work) then enable fullscreen and letterboxing and re-size the screen again to 1024x768 or 800x600
- Make sure you do the step one and go to song selection... TADA!!!!!!! my screen blank -_-

From what i know osu! force me to use external SD element and that's make my osu! goes blank rather than using default/internal SD element.

Sorry for my bad english T.T and hope this gonna fix soon because i din't make any skin in SD element

EDIT: here the log
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qwh_dl9jju5wI0R7F6bEZo4Ns2dsbaAZ$udNzTavE1Vo=.#=qsIRl8HF1xTAZLRXKChA9O2zaZi4jo4wMVF133cJ5VVo=()
at #=qwh_dl9jju5wI0R7F6bEZo4Ns2dsbaAZ$udNzTavE1Vo=..ctor(#=qhYhzB9x6rYCsxV7_hqgCXnZChdWSjS6KcaVjcSYuGP0= #=q4fDiay2ixkqNYhy6Z$URjA==, #=qIDqqDiL9srB2CPh0NLvNJMEol7_7wMzVrRtY5cjcFWQ= #=qld7DexQzvNuMoywMqZbKdw==, Origins #=qnBIkSbxjhfkka9a57TuL0w==, #=qIDqqDiL9srB2CPh0NLvNJFlBLHS_nXahEWqy5c$B6jc= #=q4rjQXEOZN8HQmBpj76RiKQ==, Vector2 #=qsf03KAVFJ8axYJy0XADnAw==, Single #=qOZPqn_fu4PSYJzC8LrSM2w==, Boolean #=qjYtTGuXT79$zco5G4VVcIg==, Color #=qkdMlapmqOTY06z2NoK4VJg==, Object #=qRiAeB0MALS5$KPXSk94QQA==)
at #=qv9H6rDsgoR4iFRgLZjD_gGjJu9WE0zkzeHMO4HJOAIc=..ctor(Vector2 #=qH6W$8sEUrg_e2XkTj8T5cA==, Mods[] #=q$76sBrXTKWEGkzTC_Bp4YQ==)
at #=qFa1Y8zdgcPXAQxB73Xwb_Fpi$OYiUFajOK9ZGQm8Zip2HV1A_9ZP8JiTLZwn__gr..ctor(#=qqILcVcUzXV0e2P5GuqR0IdD2OsdplE8H7CJtrJ9gFJS1o5z$tri85U9PfHv9FFdj #=qv6aHlJf8oAT$jk6dL0xqEA==)
at #=qCdnCeVqZYCIkYbAu7yDBIG6S91EmZjW8kq$TyzxUvLZuV8Fs3DsUNDgQVk$k4a45.#=qId$sl6Qldo2WiXfCffdJd1_KG1V6ixHoE1DHRENGvpc=(Object #=qGnUBuicG_jHgS_JGZgbakQ==, EventArgs #=qdFCss9O2xxED8OnY_fOdHw==)
at #=qs8x1YAKIIMbcxnvrwxKnCnSyZ1Jsl1YxAnUYcBFJXp4=.#=qPba5CF3peUadaCSolrmyHA==(Boolean #=qiqDUu1bgNXFiWLpJNTqSWw==)
at #=qtc5RGLsmFg8NlHJ9$XCdG569q1ivs$sijEziFVI2kS_ySan9msi$N32U9ECSWvWq.#=qiUOwYyOGh2iQCsGRlTbiKQ==(Boolean #=qmOcZ0qL7$fc6rCgDZaSR3Q==)
at #=qtc5RGLsmFg8NlHJ9$XCdG569q1ivs$sijEziFVI2kS_ySan9msi$N32U9ECSWvWq.#=qQigzqCfNDu6_NCd_1u4uDQ==(Boolean #=qmOcZ0qL7$fc6rCgDZaSR3Q==)
at #=qAockle7h5yHf6FaKqnxXRj0Q7rOR5w58xcxBxjqmN1g_V$DVy6gSQws0TQ0RoMn5.#=qd6VfwAOAmVuOqwRZTaZp$Q==()
at #=q_sakg1jmXpWP9p3bPbqWByBTBQuIYibKJLFS_i_Wdfs=.#=qmZeib3f9txGoaVF463UZLA==()
at #=qs4t3_C4j4WxxHYOvfRQkvw==.#=qOp$krqg_WfFlXmBR2svGeQ==()
at #=qCxbcpBjeaun_eXJoMUHOfH$IElRKu9ogMvSj5NlZ5RY=.#=qFJm9EyNFRZChpDmkSH0dlA==()
at #=qCxbcpBjeaun_eXJoMUHOfH$IElRKu9ogMvSj5NlZ5RY=.#=qHnXQmLCtK0C$o$CYDNJhng==(Object #=qGnUBuicG_jHgS_JGZgbakQ==, EventArgs #=qdFCss9O2xxED8OnY_fOdHw==)
at #=q4YTDIaMCMu_vs$FsiEaQYLYLw2ITTuvbWqr6Ku7Mu_Ib8Y9ro17oJLaCv4o7uCMr.#=q7ION9qSKRBE2XWL6Ul_JBQ==()
at #=qjduyf0ZT3QE2XPAMsMpVujl96VaoJoiyi9xnCApTUsHuAlFql$B3d1_dpxX3C2Ar.#=qrlk8wKPldYGnvrkJ6seiAbO9svKl1acLbYD5RUhk3xo=(Object #=qGnUBuicG_jHgS_JGZgbakQ==, EventArgs #=qdFCss9O2xxED8OnY_fOdHw==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #=qjduyf0ZT3QE2XPAMsMpVujl96VaoJoiyi9xnCApTUsHuAlFql$B3d1_dpxX3C2Ar.#=q25qGlGy5onJoSJYpbbgmTw==()
at #=qCxbcpBjeaun_eXJoMUHOfH$IElRKu9ogMvSj5NlZ5RY=.#=q25qGlGy5onJoSJYpbbgmTw==()
at #=qfsBR1LcaSgOF3SfgFKKibA==.#=qEpe0BQk62z_xg7F0ULzgSg==(String #=q8SjgbJh6yGBD$7q3Wc5F6g==, Boolean #=qbnsg74hxZuGeJNTXkCQJqUHsOXwu_$64zENyvGkuSlY=, Boolean #=q_7VSw6fxfx8tsy1Nu72v2Wp5m$F9w$6y1WILOxekVLU=, Boolean #=qHlJCW6ooxZSn$jrXy3OjHA==)
Can replicate... After the crash you can run osu! again with the same skin without getting the crash, but the thing of it crashing by changing the resolution seems to not be ok at all.

Also, I noticed that if you start the game on a resolution lower than xxxxX800, and then you change to a higher resolution, the @2x elements will not be loaded until you refresh the skin.

Crashlog.
at #=qrrdseSQXLNHFZZETWlA4jemNoZKxFC_lOlcg1$Kocnk=.#=qjcPLv5VKtX$F_7aSFABbE0dcfLafuq8Do$qTnKQXZ9U=()
at #=qrrdseSQXLNHFZZETWlA4jemNoZKxFC_lOlcg1$Kocnk=.#=q8GWIrDSAg_Qql46JQrElQQ==()
at #=qrcichG30zBtt_G6yILwABw==.#=qcu$3dzRLIdl5dzh7ZyMShQ==()
at #=qT$dqKCvtgrcwXFmhfHQ2ezJoqBUEvKeXP3FiI7KUEVo=.#=qrNydkoy6UCVUHHahuohIOQ==()
at #=qT$dqKCvtgrcwXFmhfHQ2ezJoqBUEvKeXP3FiI7KUEVo=.#=qkhzONiOEcisl_uMRyjmUNw==(Object #=qS4qw8e6D3aPRvECK91OAtQ==, EventArgs #=qUxZU$LYqSjV_qdSIjiq3Aw==)
at #=qTK3t1vpxOpD4Xv5jz84hIeMoy3uid8d1NyuoOqgA_Gonvga1vPjXCjEuDX7o$96R.#=qcgtKVA3BSGP$fqYyfMCEzw==()
at #=qCmfq2BCbj9Crp0WvKzvWvcw0fcbUXNH91XgVGUbbbcvUOJ0iAUg4pmanRrVjtUPC.#=q2qBOCIKHVbZT4hlXb4NSx2uDFAXFY00moS3nPhbgPYU=(Object #=qS4qw8e6D3aPRvECK91OAtQ==, EventArgs #=qUxZU$LYqSjV_qdSIjiq3Aw==)
at #=qCmfq2BCbj9Crp0WvKzvWvcw0fcbUXNH91XgVGUbbbcvUOJ0iAUg4pmanRrVjtUPC.#=qJy1JVYxnALYVr3vRIjlJKA==()
at #=qT$dqKCvtgrcwXFmhfHQ2ezJoqBUEvKeXP3FiI7KUEVo=.#=qJy1JVYxnALYVr3vRIjlJKA==()
at #=qk483M0qEmAbdGLoF$Hys_g==.#=qFCdFHMCh6UklljivWuNDwA==(String #=qcgL9nlH78iEvM$DYZweRHg==, Boolean #=qdCHS8sYKMSQa2Lq71aKmuwTutZJlJfNJBBFN49PqO2g=, Boolean #=qSNiCQML2zAz$uPGVjF4eQAfr0SpahAS487sWFVSqvg0=, Boolean #=qczTZgXypGYAM3hZF_Xk2xA==)
ZirexY

ZirexY wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

Beta is running just fine for me, i'll try the FPS limiter and get back to you!
In response to yesterday, this issue remains in cutting edge and after the latest update, it crashes in beta as well, even with a frame limiter. I have a feeling it might be my video card though
Tom94
Can you please post gl_info.txt which you can find in your osu! folder? Please also try the new "Compatibility mode" option and see if it helps with the crashes.
ZirexY

Tom94 wrote:

Can you please post gl_info.txt which you can find in your osu! folder? Please also try the new "Compatibility mode" option and see if it helps with the crashes.
GL Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.8afe1e1b8397)
GL Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
GL Shader Language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00 (ANGLE 2.1.0.8afe1e1b8397)
GL Vendor: Google Inc.
GL Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_float GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_debug_marker
GL Context: Index: 101762020, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 0 (0000), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
ZirexY

Tom94 wrote:

Compatibility mode has stopped the crashes.
Tom94
Awesome. My best guess is that your (old) graphics card and corresponding drivers don't support OpenGL 2.0 properly which is required with our most recent advances in the rendering engine. Compatibility mode doesn't need that new support. Let me know if you have any further issues. :)
ZirexY

Tom94 wrote:

Awesome. My best guess is that your (old) graphics card and corresponding drivers don't support OpenGL 2.0 properly which is required with our most recent advances in the rendering engine. Compatibility mode doesn't need that new support. Let me know if you have any further issues. :)
Will do, thanks for the help!
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Use ANGLE if the GL context fails to create/validate. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150826.5beta.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix crash when starting a game. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150826.7beta.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
theguy159

GhostFrog wrote:

Multi seems to be bugged. I tried twice to start a multiplayer match with someone (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/186911 with EZ on and freemod not enabled). The first time, my osu! window went black and the multiplayer game went without me. I had to close osu! through the task manager becuase I couldn't find a way to close it manually. The second time, both of our osu! windows went black. We were both using cutting-edge.
This happens to me as well on every multi match I join, I get a crashlog after quitting from the black screen.
It happens with and without compatibility mode and default skin.
at #=qHtHzwYEjfz7AA4RvQgBRTt_qoDd3X60alRj1YMS3ouY=.#=qkpfcdgIAzzJsuE7pUPWvnn_MsbOKPSbZXPqV2olLqKQ=()
at #=qHtHzwYEjfz7AA4RvQgBRTt_qoDd3X60alRj1YMS3ouY=.#=qRLWLl6ApwsHO1GyXufMylA==(Boolean #=qTIbwRcwSlHB1DRIudzC6JA==)
at #=qrcichG30zBtt_G6yILwABw==.#=qeyvGG0p$NNbEPhdFzQ7SAQ==(Int32 #=qORmpExzBuVEZL1B$VspXUg==)
at #=qrcichG30zBtt_G6yILwABw==.#=qj7ToMKs3Yxnlh7H5neiOOg==(Object #=qaU4BCwLo_0jvjqLQI5wc$w==, EventArgs #=q3yeKVymRYmRVUP0llRP_dQ==)
at #=qrcichG30zBtt_G6yILwABw==.#=qlQ9hiN3H7DfOKv6Z$Jx_uI2Uu10K8yXuY6A4Ka9fKsk=()
at #=qrcichG30zBtt_G6yILwABw==.#=qcu$3dzRLIdl5dzh7ZyMShQ==()
at #=qT$dqKCvtgrcwXFmhfHQ2ezJoqBUEvKeXP3FiI7KUEVo=.#=qrNydkoy6UCVUHHahuohIOQ==()
at #=qT$dqKCvtgrcwXFmhfHQ2ezJoqBUEvKeXP3FiI7KUEVo=.#=qkhzONiOEcisl_uMRyjmUNw==(Object #=qS4qw8e6D3aPRvECK91OAtQ==, EventArgs #=qUxZU$LYqSjV_qdSIjiq3Aw==)
at #=qTK3t1vpxOpD4Xv5jz84hIeMoy3uid8d1NyuoOqgA_Gonvga1vPjXCjEuDX7o$96R.#=qcgtKVA3BSGP$fqYyfMCEzw==()
at #=qCmfq2BCbj9Crp0WvKzvWvcw0fcbUXNH91XgVGUbbbcvUOJ0iAUg4pmanRrVjtUPC.#=q2qBOCIKHVbZT4hlXb4NSx2uDFAXFY00moS3nPhbgPYU=(Object #=qS4qw8e6D3aPRvECK91OAtQ==, EventArgs #=qUxZU$LYqSjV_qdSIjiq3Aw==)
at #=qCmfq2BCbj9Crp0WvKzvWvcw0fcbUXNH91XgVGUbbbcvUOJ0iAUg4pmanRrVjtUPC.#=qJy1JVYxnALYVr3vRIjlJKA==()
at #=qT$dqKCvtgrcwXFmhfHQ2ezJoqBUEvKeXP3FiI7KUEVo=.#=qJy1JVYxnALYVr3vRIjlJKA==()
at #=qk483M0qEmAbdGLoF$Hys_g==.#=qFCdFHMCh6UklljivWuNDwA==(String #=qcgL9nlH78iEvM$DYZweRHg==, Boolean #=qdCHS8sYKMSQa2Lq71aKmuwTutZJlJfNJBBFN49PqO2g=, Boolean #=qSNiCQML2zAz$uPGVjF4eQAfr0SpahAS487sWFVSqvg0=, Boolean #=qczTZgXypGYAM3hZF_Xk2xA==)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780Ti
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
Lamaredia

theguy159 wrote:

GhostFrog wrote:

This happens to me as well on every multi match I join, I get a crashlog after quitting from the black screen.
It happens with and without compatibility mode and default skin.

GPU: Nvidia GTX 780Ti
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
Exact same issue here. As soon as a map starts on MP, my screen goes black. I can still press F9, and I hear the sound of the chat opening, but nothing appears.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Yea the problem is certainly fixed now. Forgive me for breaking it haha.
A Mystery
When I use the frame limiter, and let the dialog disappear, and then use frame limiter again and spam it the previous dialogs will stay a lot longer than usual.

Well I think you can see what happens

Another thing: Whenever the game is alt-tabbed for a while the cursor trail becomes different (video). Very minor thing
http://puu.sh/jPoOA/6b0591fd05.mp4
I just noticed the new update (like, it just appeared when I made the video), sorry if it has been fixed now (the frame limiter thing hasn't though)
Trosk-

A Mystery wrote:

When I use the frame limiter, and let the dialog disappear, and then use frame limiter again and spam it the previous dialogs will stay a lot longer than usual.

Another thing: Whenever the game is alt-tabbed for a while the cursor trail becomes different (video). Very minor thing
I just noticed the new update (like, it just appeared when I made the video), sorry if it has been fixed now (the frame limiter thing hasn't though)
Happens on all release streams. -> t/361306
A Mystery

Trosk- wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

Happens on all release streams. -> t/361306
...Only saw it since today? And I spam that button a lot because I often switch between frame limiters
Also, I do play on full screen and it still happens
EDIt: oh so it probably happens recently on all streams... that's weird
Trosk-

A Mystery wrote:

EDIt: oh so it probably happens recently on all streams... that's weird
Probably because of the new Qualified map warning message.
NeVMiku
Whenever I use the Default skin on any map (more details coming up as I experiment on this more) osu! seems to freezes so far into the map and crashes.

Tried with nomod, RL, RL+HD, AP. Heck even Auto crashes. Also tried on Ranked, Unranked and even Not Submitted maps.

Video coming up in a bit.

Sound replaced for privacy stuff. Plus nobody likes to watch a cooking show without the cooking, right?

cuttingedge b20150826.10
anember
I have a laptop with an i7-4700HQ plus GTX 850M combo, meaning Optimus with all its benefits and problems.

When I first installed osu, after a bit of fiddling with the settings I found that fullscreen mode running on the dedicated gpu results in what I perceived as no cursor latency. I'd love to use borderless like in virtually every other game I play but that causes a slight but noticeable delay.

Now when I tried out the cutting edge build (b20150825.10) I noticed that the familiar "slight but noticeable delay" is there in both fullscreen and borderless modes.

Long story short, I made a table showing perceived and reported latencies for every setting combination. When you look at the table you'll notice that I found the combination I'll be using when OpenGL hits stable but I thought you guys might use this to figure something out as I've already found a couple posts mentioning similar issues.
If nothing else, adding a note that integrated gpus have a potentially lower latency in such scenarios (as Tom94 seems to be aware) might be helpful.

The table

All tests are done on a clean install of Windows 10, default settings in both Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers, the laptop was plugged in, no fps limit in osu.

Perceived latency is a number on an arbitrary scale where 0 is the least latency I ever experienced in osu. A number larger than 2 would be what feels like more than 100ms latency like I was experiencing in CuttingEdge-Integrated-Borderless main menu. I wish there was a proper way to measure this.

FPS was measured on the offset wizard map because it's the only map where it was relatively stable.

What puzzles me is the large difference in performance in fullscreen and borderless modes as well as the better performance of the integrated gpu in the cutting edge build.
O2MasterFX
keycount bind overrides the shortcut for clearing all mods.
Trosk-

O2MasterFX wrote:

I guess that's intended. Read the changelog. https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog

Changelog wrote:

Mod Select: [TheVileOne] Give 1K-3K and 9K mod shortcuts.
Tom94

anember wrote:

I have a laptop with an i7-4700HQ plus GTX 850M combo, meaning Optimus with all its benefits and problems.

When I first installed osu, after a bit of fiddling with the settings I found that fullscreen mode running on the dedicated gpu results in what I perceived as no cursor latency. I'd love to use borderless like in virtually every other game I play but that causes a slight but noticeable delay.

Now when I tried out the cutting edge build (b20150825.10) I noticed that the familiar "slight but noticeable delay" is there in both fullscreen and borderless modes.

Long story short, I made a table showing perceived and reported latencies for every setting combination. When you look at the table you'll notice that I found the combination I'll be using when OpenGL hits stable but I thought you guys might use this to figure something out as I've already found a couple posts mentioning similar issues.
If nothing else, adding a note that integrated gpus have a potentially lower latency in such scenarios (as Tom94 seems to be aware) might be helpful.

The table

All tests are done on a clean install of Windows 10, default settings in both Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers, the laptop was plugged in, no fps limit in osu.

Perceived latency is a number on an arbitrary scale where 0 is the least latency I ever experienced in osu. A number larger than 2 would be what feels like more than 100ms latency like I was experiencing in CuttingEdge-Integrated-Borderless main menu. I wish there was a proper way to measure this.

FPS was measured on the offset wizard map because it's the only map where it was relatively stable.

What puzzles me is the large difference in performance in fullscreen and borderless modes as well as the better performance of the integrated gpu in the cutting edge build.
We did many significant improvements @ cuttingedge, so the large FPS gain is to be expected. Unfortunately NVidia optimus doesn't seem to like OpenGL to the extent, that fullscreen mode doesn't actually work when using the dedicated card. You are 100%ly correct with noticing that there is no difference between fullscreen and borderless using your discrete GPU.

Luckily since the FPS is now so high with pretty much all integrated GPUs, there is no reason not to use it, save power, battery life and heat, and still enjoy osu! to its fullest. :)

We are still trying to get fullscreen to work via the compatibility mode option, but without it fullscreen will probably never happen.

PS: The delay you are noticing has nothing to do with optimus. It's good old windows itself. Fullscreen is the only way to get rid of it, unless you are using windows 7 or earlier.
Tom94

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Whenever I use the Default skin on any map (more details coming up as I experiment on this more) osu! seems to freezes so far into the map and crashes.

Tried with nomod, RL, RL+HD, AP. Heck even Auto crashes. Also tried on Ranked, Unranked and even Not Submitted maps.

Video coming up in a bit.

Sound replaced for privacy stuff. Plus nobody likes to watch a cooking show without the cooking, right?

cuttingedge b20150826.10
Could you please first check if your drivers are up to date? Please also upload your gl_info.txt found in your osu! folder and tell us your hardware, so we can look further into the issue.
O2MasterFX

Trosk- wrote:

O2MasterFX wrote:

Changelog wrote:

Maybe you don't understand.

When on mania game mode and entering the mods menu, the shortcuts for "reset mods" and "close" button are not working, instead overrided with the shortcuts for keycount mods.
Trosk-
If you are meaning that the 1 and 2 keys doesn't work now to Reset mods and Close:

Trosk- wrote:

O2MasterFX wrote:

Changelog wrote:

1 and 2 keys are now for 1K and 2K mods.
O2MasterFX
Let's see what VileOne think about this... but I'm really sure it's not tho.
show more