[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
2,521
show more
Low Snow
K, just got a weird glitch



(First I started to speak in french in #ctb, rip)



It's a bit funny, but I'm stuck with a ghost #french tab who's having fusions with another tab. And I can't close it
RBRat3
cutting edge no longer maintains its windows size when winkey+shift+arrow is used to cycle through monitors and one is under resolution.

OS: Win 10

Trosk-
Can replicate. By the way, I guess that could be better to post it on the Cutting Edge thread instead of on a new thread, since it doesn't happen on Stable.

Tom94
Just got a large re-work of the osu! rendering system into cutting edge. Please see if this improves performance / compatibility.

If you previously had issues running osu! with your discrete GPU, please try the new compatibility mode found in the options and see if that fixes your issues.
Trosk-
Seems like the colors are messed up when you take a screenshot with Compatibility mode enabled. with or without the Compatibility mode, it's the same.

Diony

Trosk- wrote:

Seems like the colors are messed up when you take a screenshot with Compatibility mode
Can replicate on compatibility mode.

Trosk-
Well, seems like it happens without compatibility mode too.

Diony
Can replicate that too haha, my bad.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix screenshots having their blue and red colour channel swapped. (Tom94)
  2. Fix background videos having their blue and red colour channels swapped. (Tom94)


The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150814.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
innocencia
After latest update the game crashes when i'm trying to play any map. At first ten second i didn't see any problems but then FPS grew up from usual 1700 to unusual 2500-3400 and game was crashed. I can't even do screenshots, so
UPD: this issue happened only with two my skins, so i can't suggest what can be source of this trouble
Tom94

fujger wrote:

After latest update the game crashes when i'm trying to play any map. At first ten second i didn't see any problems but then FPS grew up from usual 1700 to unusual 2500-3400 and game was crashed. I can't even do screenshots, so
UPD: this issue happened only with two my skins, so i can't suggest what can be source of this trouble
It is possible that your GPU has an unstable clock and/or is overheating due to the additional frame rate it is pumping out with the new update. Try using a frame limiter to limit your FPS (you can adjust it to limit to 1500 or whatever you like in your osu! config) and see if it helps.

To do this go into your osu! folder, open "osu!.<your windows username>.cfg", then change "CustomFrameLimit" to whichever value you like.
Low Snow
I got an error "The procedure entry point strnlen could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

And now Osu! is running with a black screen.
innocencia

Tom94 wrote:

fujger wrote:

After latest update the game crashes when i'm trying to play any map. At first ten second i didn't see any problems but then FPS grew up from usual 1700 to unusual 2500-3400 and game was crashed. I can't even do screenshots, so
UPD: this issue happened only with two my skins, so i can't suggest what can be source of this trouble
It is possible that your GPU has an unstable clock and/or is overheating due to the additional frame rate it is pumping out with the new update. Try using a frame limiter to limit your FPS (you can adjust it to limit to 1500 or whatever you like in your osu! config) and see if it helps.

To do this go into your osu! folder, open "osu!.<your windows username>.cfg", then change "CustomFrameLimit" to whichever value you like.
Yes, it helped, but it never happened before, so i think that it's a new issue. Try to run any map with Azerino's skins.
Trosk-

Low Snow wrote:

I got an error "The procedure entry point strnlen could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

And now Osu! is running with a black screen.
I actually don't think that is happening because of the Cutting Edge latest build... Hold Shift while opening osu! and change the release stream to Stable on the window that will pop up, to see if you can run it on Stable.

fujger wrote:

Yes, it helped, but it never happened before, so i think that it's a new issue. Try to run any map with Azerino's skins.
I don't think that the fact of playing with a skin will affect the performance...
lollllloro
Some beatmaps seem to fail without reason at the end and it's reproducible every time. I remember this happening a long time ago on stable too
example beatmap ../s/144010, at least on "Rare's Hard" and "Insane"
my crappily recorded and youtube's audiosyncscrewedup video: https://youtu.be/kJQF2r5QyzM
with nf it just stops at the end, this screenshot is from the "Rare's Hard" difficulty with build b20150814.5 :
http://54.213.154.174:777/B/nofail%20hang

I accidentally made this post about this earlier: p/4413391 ;_; what should I do?

EDIT:
Just figured out what causes it! It's somehow miscalculated length for the music, maybe related to the huge offset I have set in osu which is -112 ms. Appended ~6sec of silence to the mp3 file and it worked, reverted the changes and failed at full hp again.
commands used to fix it:
dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1|sox -traw -esigned -b16 -r44100 -c2 - silence.wav
ffmpeg -i silence.wav -b:a 128k silence.mp3
printf "file 'kanransha.mp3'\nfile 'silence.mp3'\n" >tmptext
ffmpeg -f concat -i tmptext -c copy joined.mp3
mv kanransha.mp3 kanransha.mp3.b
mv joined.mp3 kanransha.mp3
Trosk-

lollllloro wrote:

Some beatmaps seem to fail without reason at the end and it's reproducible every time. I remember this happening a long time ago on stable too
example beatmap ../s/144010, at least on "Rare's Hard" and "Insane"
my crappily recorded and youtube's audiosyncscrewedup video: https://youtu.be/kJQF2r5QyzM
with nf it just stops at the end, this screenshot is from the "Rare's Hard" difficulty with build b20150814.5 :
http://54.213.154.174:777/B/nofail%20hang

I accidentally made this post about this earlier: p/4413391 ;_; what should I do?
Can't replicate on the map you linked. Also, this is known.

Related thread: t/145370
Tom94

fujger wrote:

Yes, it helped, but it never happened before, so i think that it's a new issue. Try to run any map with Azerino's skins.
As I said, since you got a higher frame rate your GPU was under more stress. This is not a "new" issue, rather we optimized osu! to be able to go faster, which made your PC stumble. Please upload the skin in question, though, then I can check for myself if it causes problems for me.
Low Snow

Trosk- wrote:

I actually don't think that is happening because of the Cutting Edge latest build... Hold Shift while opening osu! and change the release stream to Stable on the window that will pop up, to see if you can run it on Stable.
Cutting edge still running with a black screen
Stable has an issue with my skin.ini
Beta seems fine
Trosk-

Low Snow wrote:

Cutting edge still running with a black screen
Stable has an issue with my skin.ini
Beta seems fine
Issue with skin.ini? What? I believe that nothing has changed on skin.ini from Stable to Beta and Cutting Edge...

And regarding the black screen on CE, I don't actually know. Could you try to run it with the new Compatibility mode enabled? Close osu!, go to your "osu!username.cfg" and change the line "CompatibilityContext" to: CompatibilityContext = 1 (change it while osu! is closed)
Tom94
Low Snow, could you try downloading and installing http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784 (select "vcredist_x86.exe" ), then restarting your computer and then checking if the problem is solved?
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply