forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
- Marco -
custom applause from my skin

(http://vocaroo.com/i/s1orIvY2h3BB)

I also recorded it

Trosk-
Ok, now I could replicate it. Seems like it happens only with custom skin applause. Not custom beatmap applause or default.

Nevermind, seems like it happens completely random, or at least, it's how it seems like to me.

_index
It seems like SwapBuffer lag spikes are back on cutting edge version for some previous builds and current one
Random stuttering every 3-5 seconds, every 7-15 seconds after osu! reload.
AMD 8150, gtx 970, win 8.1
Trosk-

_index wrote:

It seems like SwapBuffer lag spikes are back on cutting edge version for some previous builds and current one
Do you get them while playing? I have some of these on Song Selection screen and not while playing (They are barely noticeable). Check it with the Auto mod so you can see the performance graph.
Shizuyi
It does not happen to me. Not on Song Select neither while playing. I tried it for about 10min but i could not see any Spikes.
_index

Trosk- wrote:

_index wrote:

Do you get them while playing? I have some of these on Song Selection screen and not while playing (They are barely noticeable). Check it with the Auto mod so you can see the performance graph.
yes, exactly same lag spikes, just did SS in menu because its easier to catch it
chong601
On the latest cuttingedge build (b20150804cuttingedge), the FPS value position shifts when the chat scrollbar appears and dissapears
With the scrollbar:

Without the scrollbar:
peppy
Isn't that intentional?
chong601
Oh forgot to add that the fps value position changes when the chat console is up and the cursor enters and exits the chat interface.
Trosk-

chong601 wrote:

Oh forgot to add that the fps value position changes when the chat console is up and the cursor enters and exits the chat interface.
It's still intended, I guess.
power007
Hello peppy, a lot of people saying "Please don't push experimental build to stable". I would say - don't stop doing what you're doing! OpenGL consumes about 10% more of computer power (CPU, GPU) but its much more stable, fluent and lagless then DirectX. For example Experimental build does't have input lag on Windows 8 but Stable build - has.
Trosk-

power007 wrote:

Hello peppy, a lot of people saying "Please don't push experimental build to stable". I would say - don't stop doing what you're doing! OpenGL consumes about 10% more of computer power (CPU, GPU) but its much more stable, fluent and lagless then DirectX. For example Experimental build does't have input lag on Windows 8 but Stable build - has.
Well, if you are saying that Stable has input lag, maybe you are using OpenGL renderer, playing with VSync, or on Windowed mode. Anyways, I think he knows that the new renderer is better, that's why osu! is moving to it.

And well, I don't know if this is the correct place to make this comment, maybe you should have posted this in a comment on one of his blog entries, or even on the osu!dev Slack group instead.
power007

Trosk- wrote:

Well, if you are saying that Stable has input lag, maybe you are using OpenGL renderer, playing with VSync, or on Windowed mode. Anyways, I think he knows that the new renderer is better, that's why osu! is moving to it.

And well, I don't know if this is the correct place to make this comment, maybe you should have posted this in a comment on one of his blog entries, or even on the osu!dev Slack group instead.
No, I'm advanced player, monitoring cpu, gpu loads and temps. And I 100% sure I have same settings. Stable build has more input lag in full-screen and windowed mode as well. And writing here because I've seen peppy here, he is reading this thread time to time. Also mail is not coming from osu!dev Slack group do my email address.
DexFrild
Hello.
I have one problem with editor. I can't create a slider. osu! is crashing when I move cursor back.
Trosk-

DexFrild wrote:

Hello.
I have one problem with editor. I can't create a slider. osu! is crashing when I move cursor back.
<video>
Could you copy the crashlog and paste it here? (Click on the girl, on the "osu! crashed" window)
quaternary

Trosk- wrote:

DexFrild wrote:

Hello.
<video>
Could you copy the crashlog and paste it here? (Click on the girl, on the "osu! crashed" window)
I have the same issue, here's my crashlog:

SPOILER
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at #=q6IXhrC$mQfqPYwMdZUbZ80v$QJk$3_hzWIcM9yG19dsHQEGOYQ8ei$3dKjAyWhrh.     ​ ​                     ()
at #=qPJzNflyJ02VVE71K6$yal9RzSaC$JMDWIAHWianGGmpfNCbqwdBnfUKF86pa9Idv.#=qUwUBXun0rLqS$AtYWmL4Fw==()
at #=qnG0GnN0cfijcUy7s$dJDeA==.#=qKgl$DSIqV9WdWTn$1xM1xg==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=q9MMbY$7us5Q0U4_YmlFDRQ==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qYUbnloU3IqqDE0EKW8De7Q==(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at #=q0pqRh6sPtnAUog3K$vFn7WZ76Q57p3nFNWCTgRgm9GjHpjf6uVjPGnB9oAxEcX9D.#=ql8bzNZYeqTMI4oZPm9NAwQ==()
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qN69kwiwUVTK0y9SzB87sq86EUPIQsgP7vr0Fq1jca24=(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qqI_cDBXyzvlJ1x5uw8DP0A==.#=qcCIVZO00d1r2WZ01ZOHTCQ==(String #=qiZE2W7LTDP0JO4nV4pZvcw==, Boolean #=qQ2zGyEw_tm9$D757SBvxHr3DGWTw85CS_cjU2cMHqC0=, Boolean #=qWbRzV5WeaDhc6rEEcGRD89d3BcOgr7$VVXHcz_rRbmI=, Boolean #=qI2qDyM$NOXO_8MDDFyYBZw==)

Do this for a 100% reproducible crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVuc1x9e3_4
DexFrild
The same log.
SPOILER
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at #=q6IXhrC$mQfqPYwMdZUbZ80v$QJk$3_hzWIcM9yG19dsHQEGOYQ8ei$3dKjAyWhrh.     ​ ​                     ()
at #=qPJzNflyJ02VVE71K6$yal9RzSaC$JMDWIAHWianGGmpfNCbqwdBnfUKF86pa9Idv.#=qUwUBXun0rLqS$AtYWmL4Fw==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=q9MMbY$7us5Q0U4_YmlFDRQ==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qYUbnloU3IqqDE0EKW8De7Q==(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at #=q0pqRh6sPtnAUog3K$vFn7WZ76Q57p3nFNWCTgRgm9GjHpjf6uVjPGnB9oAxEcX9D.#=ql8bzNZYeqTMI4oZPm9NAwQ==()
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qN69kwiwUVTK0y9SzB87sq86EUPIQsgP7vr0Fq1jca24=(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qqI_cDBXyzvlJ1x5uw8DP0A==.#=qcCIVZO00d1r2WZ01ZOHTCQ==(String #=qiZE2W7LTDP0JO4nV4pZvcw==, Boolean #=qQ2zGyEw_tm9$D757SBvxHr3DGWTw85CS_cjU2cMHqC0=, Boolean #=qWbRzV5WeaDhc6rEEcGRD89d3BcOgr7$VVXHcz_rRbmI=, Boolean #=qI2qDyM$NOXO_8MDDFyYBZw==)
Trosk-
Ok, can replicate.

Crashlog
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

tuddster wrote:

I have the same issue, here's my crashlog:
Please, add a spoilerbox to the Code.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix editor slider placement failing. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150804.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
DT-sama
Problem Details:
If you toggle fast enough HT/DT at the start of a replay (before the animation ends), it'll cause the icon to look disabled, but the mod will still be active gameplay-wise. If you toggle it again, it will just double the effect of the mod.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
DT (with a few failed attempts at the beginning, it starts at 0:30)

HT

osu! version: 20150730.1beta
DexFrild
Thank you.
a1mighty
Some of skin elements lost their positions. Checked all release streams, this happens only on Cutting-edge.
Ookami
Some kind of skin error :

Release : b20150805.1cuttingedge

Sliders are turning slightly back, have multiple circles on each end. It's distracting enough to be nearly unplayable at ar10.3.

peppy
Include your full skin.
a1mighty

peppy wrote:

Include your full skin.
http://puu.sh/jpTHM/8e1ca525b1.osk
Ookami

peppy wrote:

Include your full skin.
I'll remove this link after the problem is solved
-Link Removed-
Trosk-
Can replicate.

And well, I think you should have posted this on the Cutting Edge thread, since this feature is not on Stable yet.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Make slider endpoint skinning support skins which have animated and non-animated overlay sprites (may not be supported forever). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150805.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
VeilStar
p/4397641

- DT - wrote:

Problem Details:
If you toggle fast enough HT/DT at the start of a replay (before the animation ends), it'll cause the icon to look disabled, but the mod will still be active gameplay-wise. If you toggle it again, it will just double the effect of the mod.

Trosk- wrote:

Can replicate.

And well, I think you should have posted this on the Cutting Edge thread, since this feature is not on Stable yet.
Merged to CE thread.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I'm trying to replicate the issue with applause and everything seems to work as intended. I can't replicate the described behaviour.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

I'm trying to replicate the issue with applause and everything seems to work as intended. I can't replicate the described behaviour.
Try with an initial Master volume of 45% or lower and start lowering the volume at the moment the screen changes from playing to score screen. I'm not being able to replicate it with an initial Master volume of 50% or higher. I could replicate it with more than 50% in the end.

Just try to start changing the volume when osu! is switching from playing to score screen.

Yabuki Nako
I'm using the CE since a couple of weeks now and it work perfectly fine.
The non-existent input lag in fullscreen is amazing.

I have one minor issue though, an audio one. When I'm switching the audio advices, sometimes the current song I hear (menu, playing, spec, replay, whatever), becomes a nightcore one. I wonder if it's just an issue with my DAC (prolly ?). But that not a big deal, really.

Windows 10, i5, R9 280 running at 1400~ fps.
Trosk-

Mayu Watanabe wrote:

I'm using the CE since a couple of weeks now and it work perfectly fine.
The non-existent input lag in fullscreen is amazing.

I have one minor issue though, an audio one. When I'm switching the audio advices, sometimes the current song I hear (menu, playing, spec, replay, whatever), becomes a nightcore one. I wonder if it's just an issue with my DAC (prolly ?). But that not a big deal, really.
I believe that this has been reported before and it's known. At least I remember someone telling that he/she had the same problem sometimes.

Edit: The original thread for this issue. t/326180
Yabuki Nako
Oh I see, thanks !
Jerome
In the cutting edge build, ticking the "full screen" option doesn't appear to work as intended, I think. It feels more like borderless window - alt-tabbing from the game is incredibly quick, my FPS is the same as if I was using borderless window and I still experience the infamous lag of Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this is an intentional change or something solely to do with my system but on stable, Fullscreen works as intended (no lag and it takes a few seconds to alt-tab out of the game).

I've tried some helpful suggestions - loading up the game holding shift to check the settings, clicking the option Confine cursor to window and other things, but I feel like I'm getting the windows 8 vsync lag and not playing in a proper full screen.
Tom94

Jerome wrote:

In the cutting edge build, ticking the "full screen" option doesn't appear to work as intended, I think. It feels more like borderless window - alt-tabbing from the game is incredibly quick, my FPS is the same as if I was using borderless window and I still experience the infamous lag of Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this is an intentional change or something solely to do with my system but on stable, Fullscreen works as intended (no lag and it takes a few seconds to alt-tab out of the game).

I've tried some helpful suggestions - loading up the game holding shift to check the settings, clicking the option Confine cursor to window and other things, but I feel like I'm getting the windows 8 vsync lag and not playing in a proper full screen.
Can you let us know what hardware you are using? Also does the osu! window flash black when you toggle fullscreen on and off?
Jerome
GPU: GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz

Yes it does when I toggle fullscreen off and on. Any programs I have running (like OBS) do seem to treat osu as if it is in fullscreen without problem, but I'm just surprised that a fullscreen application can tab-out so instantly (as if it was borderless window) whereas in Stable it is similar to a normal application (3-4 seconds of blackness before alt-tabbing). Just wondering if you know what's changed this or whether its something to do with my computer.

Also I swear there is still the vsync windows 8 lag but it could just be a silly placebo from me. Is there a way to check the exact latency of my cursor so I can do a comparison? Thanks Tom.
Tom94

Jerome wrote:

GPU: GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz

Yes it does when I toggle fullscreen off and on. Any programs I have running (like OBS) do seem to treat osu as if it is in fullscreen without problem, but I'm just surprised that a fullscreen application can tab-out so instantly (as if it was borderless window) whereas in Stable it is similar to a normal application (3-4 seconds of blackness before alt-tabbing). Just wondering if you know what's changed this or whether its something to do with my computer.

Also I swear there is still the vsync windows 8 lag but it could just be a silly placebo from me. Is there a way to check the exact latency of my cursor so I can do a comparison? Thanks Tom.
There is no way to check your latency, but if your programs treat fullscreen as actual fullscreen and your screen flashes black when toggling, then it is very likely that you are in actual fullscreen. Do you maybe have VSync of GSync forced in your driver? This could cause you to feel a latency since osu! can't do anything against the drivers enforcing a lower refresh rate. You can enable the ingame FPS display to check whether you get higher FPS than you screen's refresh rate.

The quick alt-tab is one of the benefits of OpenGL - you can't do that with DirectX. ;)
Jerome
Praise OpenGL I guess! Thanks for all the help man
nns1337
My osu! won't update since the 29th of July, It just says there's a problem with my internet connection but there isn't. Ingame it wont download the stuff either, it just says there's an error downloading the files. Doesn't work when running osu! in admin mode aswell.

Bancho disconnected me today saying my osu! version is too old aswell.

Windows 10, Cutting Edge from 29th of July 2015, 20150729.2

Anyone got a fix for me?
show more