forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lemmmy
#help told me to post this here, therefore I am not sure if this is an issue on my end. When playing, the game seems to skip a frame, causing the hitobjects to reverse by a few milliseconds. This happens every few seconds.

Screenshot with Ctrl + F11 related:

Only snaking sliders are enabled.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Merged a topic into this thread.

Here is the post
Shizuyi
Never happend to me before. Doesnt happen everytime. Seems to appears random.

When i change my Skin the Screen gets dark and the music gets more quiet, both as usual, but the screen stays dark and the music stays quiet. This stays for 30secs before i land on my Desktop and no Crash Notification from osu! or anything. I tried to replciate but it doesnt happen everytime and happens with diofferent Skins.
Tom94

Lemmmy wrote:

#help told me to post this here, therefore I am not sure if this is an issue on my end. When playing, the game seems to skip a frame, causing the hitobjects to reverse by a few milliseconds. This happens every few seconds.

Are you running osu! in window mode? While in window mode osu! framerate is affected by other windows, so try to minimize the things you have open. This is likely caused by one of them.

Another possibility is that you have a background application open which affects your desktop, such as f.lux. It is known to cause spikes every few seconds.
Lemmmy

Tom94 wrote:

Lemmmy wrote:

Are you running osu! in window mode? While in window mode osu! framerate is affected by other windows, so try to minimize the things you have open. This is likely caused by one of them.

Another possibility is that you have a background application open which affects your desktop, such as f.lux. It is known to cause spikes every few seconds.
No and no. I am in native fullscreen with letterboxing. No external applications have been known to cause this for me. It seems to be with the latest few builds.

If the information helps, the lagspikes occur during Draw and SwapBuffer.
Arzenvald
Problem Details:
i heard osu will soon no longer using directX for render osu, so i went to cuttingedge to try it out.. but probably it would be hard for me since my notebook doesn't seems supports openGL..
and i found this page https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/GL_Support_Issues it says i need to post the output of this "OpenGL Extensions" program and the gl_info.txt here..

here is the report from openGL extension program http://puu.sh/jkLSe.txt
and here is the gl_info.txt from osu folder http://puu.sh/jkM67.txt

here's the detail of my notebook i have right now:
Acer D270
Intel Atom N2600 1.60 GHz
25.7 cm (10.1") WSVGA (1024 x 600) 128:75
Intel GMA3600
2 GB, DDR3 SDRAM
320 GB HDD
all driver installed, and it says its supports up to OpenGL 3.0, but i don't know why i cant run osu properly in openGL mode.. T_T

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3469825
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3469830
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3469844

osu! version: 20150730cuttingedge
Brownsville369
Hey guys, no idea if there's been any other posts on this issue (I don't have the time right now to go through 87 pages of replies right now) but I've been having issues recently regarding stuttering.
I recently upgraded my OS to windows 10 and I've noticed that it tends to stutter and jump a lot. I assume this is just an issue with driver incompatibilities or bugs since this is a fresh OS. But there is also the chance this is an issue with the game and being compatible with windows 10.
Anyways my specs are:
CPU: AMD fx-6300
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 780
RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
GPU Driver: Latest Nvidia Driver for windows 10

If anyone has a work around please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks.
lolcubes
After updating to Windows 10, Unlimited FPS setting gives me about 260 fps compared to ~400 I had on Win 7 on this laptop, when using nvidia 740M.

Also for some reason, VSync is always on regardless if it's set within the game or not when trying to use my HD4000. I have all latest drivers installed and checked in settings and VSync is actually not forced there, it's set to use application settings.
Kon
It's been a couple of weeks since I posted this so I'll post again in case it wasn't seen.

When launching osu! with letterboxing enabled, osu! doesn't open on the monitor where your cursor is. However, when launching in windowed mode it does open on the correct monitor.

Also, for what it's worth, the updater and the osu! sprite are shown on the correct monitor with letterboxing on.
Trosk-

Kon wrote:

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted this so I'll post again in case it wasn't seen.

When launching osu! with letterboxing enabled, osu! doesn't open on the monitor where your cursor is. However, when launching in windowed mode it does open on the correct monitor.

Also, for what it's worth, the updater and the osu! sprite are shown on the correct monitor with letterboxing on.
This sounds like correct behaviour to me. Fullscreen and Letterboxing will always open on your main screen, if I'm not wrong.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix user panel disappearing when leaving play mode too quickly. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150803.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
- Marco -
if I change the volume on the results screen it doesn't not change the volume of the applause sound. On stable it works tho
Nathanael

marcostudios wrote:

if I change the volume on the results screen it doesn't not change the volume of the applause sound. On stable it works tho
I'm unable to replicate. Do you have any specific steps?
Trosk-

marcostudios wrote:

Can't replicate neither. Are you changing a specific volume or Master volume?
- Marco -
master volume
Trosk-

marcostudios wrote:

master volume
Then could you specify what type of applause? I mean, is a custom applause from a beatmap, a custom applause from your skin, the default applause... I don't actually know if it could matter or not, but I couldn't replicate what you said.
- Marco -
custom applause from my skin

(http://vocaroo.com/i/s1orIvY2h3BB)

I also recorded it

Trosk-
Ok, now I could replicate it. Seems like it happens only with custom skin applause. Not custom beatmap applause or default.

Nevermind, seems like it happens completely random, or at least, it's how it seems like to me.

_index
It seems like SwapBuffer lag spikes are back on cutting edge version for some previous builds and current one
Random stuttering every 3-5 seconds, every 7-15 seconds after osu! reload.
AMD 8150, gtx 970, win 8.1
Trosk-

_index wrote:

It seems like SwapBuffer lag spikes are back on cutting edge version for some previous builds and current one
Do you get them while playing? I have some of these on Song Selection screen and not while playing (They are barely noticeable). Check it with the Auto mod so you can see the performance graph.
Shizuyi
It does not happen to me. Not on Song Select neither while playing. I tried it for about 10min but i could not see any Spikes.
_index

Trosk- wrote:

_index wrote:

Do you get them while playing? I have some of these on Song Selection screen and not while playing (They are barely noticeable). Check it with the Auto mod so you can see the performance graph.
yes, exactly same lag spikes, just did SS in menu because its easier to catch it
chong601
On the latest cuttingedge build (b20150804cuttingedge), the FPS value position shifts when the chat scrollbar appears and dissapears
With the scrollbar:

Without the scrollbar:
peppy
Isn't that intentional?
chong601
Oh forgot to add that the fps value position changes when the chat console is up and the cursor enters and exits the chat interface.
Trosk-

chong601 wrote:

Oh forgot to add that the fps value position changes when the chat console is up and the cursor enters and exits the chat interface.
It's still intended, I guess.
power007
Hello peppy, a lot of people saying "Please don't push experimental build to stable". I would say - don't stop doing what you're doing! OpenGL consumes about 10% more of computer power (CPU, GPU) but its much more stable, fluent and lagless then DirectX. For example Experimental build does't have input lag on Windows 8 but Stable build - has.
Trosk-

power007 wrote:

Hello peppy, a lot of people saying "Please don't push experimental build to stable". I would say - don't stop doing what you're doing! OpenGL consumes about 10% more of computer power (CPU, GPU) but its much more stable, fluent and lagless then DirectX. For example Experimental build does't have input lag on Windows 8 but Stable build - has.
Well, if you are saying that Stable has input lag, maybe you are using OpenGL renderer, playing with VSync, or on Windowed mode. Anyways, I think he knows that the new renderer is better, that's why osu! is moving to it.

And well, I don't know if this is the correct place to make this comment, maybe you should have posted this in a comment on one of his blog entries, or even on the osu!dev Slack group instead.
power007

Trosk- wrote:

Well, if you are saying that Stable has input lag, maybe you are using OpenGL renderer, playing with VSync, or on Windowed mode. Anyways, I think he knows that the new renderer is better, that's why osu! is moving to it.

And well, I don't know if this is the correct place to make this comment, maybe you should have posted this in a comment on one of his blog entries, or even on the osu!dev Slack group instead.
No, I'm advanced player, monitoring cpu, gpu loads and temps. And I 100% sure I have same settings. Stable build has more input lag in full-screen and windowed mode as well. And writing here because I've seen peppy here, he is reading this thread time to time. Also mail is not coming from osu!dev Slack group do my email address.
DexFrild
Hello.
I have one problem with editor. I can't create a slider. osu! is crashing when I move cursor back.
Trosk-

DexFrild wrote:

Hello.
I have one problem with editor. I can't create a slider. osu! is crashing when I move cursor back.
<video>
Could you copy the crashlog and paste it here? (Click on the girl, on the "osu! crashed" window)
quaternary

Trosk- wrote:

DexFrild wrote:

Hello.
<video>
Could you copy the crashlog and paste it here? (Click on the girl, on the "osu! crashed" window)
I have the same issue, here's my crashlog:

SPOILER
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at #=q6IXhrC$mQfqPYwMdZUbZ80v$QJk$3_hzWIcM9yG19dsHQEGOYQ8ei$3dKjAyWhrh.     ​ ​                     ()
at #=qPJzNflyJ02VVE71K6$yal9RzSaC$JMDWIAHWianGGmpfNCbqwdBnfUKF86pa9Idv.#=qUwUBXun0rLqS$AtYWmL4Fw==()
at #=qnG0GnN0cfijcUy7s$dJDeA==.#=qKgl$DSIqV9WdWTn$1xM1xg==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=q9MMbY$7us5Q0U4_YmlFDRQ==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qYUbnloU3IqqDE0EKW8De7Q==(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at #=q0pqRh6sPtnAUog3K$vFn7WZ76Q57p3nFNWCTgRgm9GjHpjf6uVjPGnB9oAxEcX9D.#=ql8bzNZYeqTMI4oZPm9NAwQ==()
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qN69kwiwUVTK0y9SzB87sq86EUPIQsgP7vr0Fq1jca24=(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qqI_cDBXyzvlJ1x5uw8DP0A==.#=qcCIVZO00d1r2WZ01ZOHTCQ==(String #=qiZE2W7LTDP0JO4nV4pZvcw==, Boolean #=qQ2zGyEw_tm9$D757SBvxHr3DGWTw85CS_cjU2cMHqC0=, Boolean #=qWbRzV5WeaDhc6rEEcGRD89d3BcOgr7$VVXHcz_rRbmI=, Boolean #=qI2qDyM$NOXO_8MDDFyYBZw==)

Do this for a 100% reproducible crash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVuc1x9e3_4
DexFrild
The same log.
SPOILER
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at #=q6IXhrC$mQfqPYwMdZUbZ80v$QJk$3_hzWIcM9yG19dsHQEGOYQ8ei$3dKjAyWhrh.     ​ ​                     ()
at #=qPJzNflyJ02VVE71K6$yal9RzSaC$JMDWIAHWianGGmpfNCbqwdBnfUKF86pa9Idv.#=qUwUBXun0rLqS$AtYWmL4Fw==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=q9MMbY$7us5Q0U4_YmlFDRQ==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qYUbnloU3IqqDE0EKW8De7Q==(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at #=q0pqRh6sPtnAUog3K$vFn7WZ76Q57p3nFNWCTgRgm9GjHpjf6uVjPGnB9oAxEcX9D.#=ql8bzNZYeqTMI4oZPm9NAwQ==()
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qN69kwiwUVTK0y9SzB87sq86EUPIQsgP7vr0Fq1jca24=(Object #=q0uK$pwOmC9AVBz$8WoN2hA==, EventArgs #=qJRFYCsgJYpEglwbVHgcMng==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qoQokdtSJzeBsSoydDXws1ficaov3lfUwWPe14F26hQA=.#=qGwPIz9JtU4MFtDodhpsbEg==()
at #=qqI_cDBXyzvlJ1x5uw8DP0A==.#=qcCIVZO00d1r2WZ01ZOHTCQ==(String #=qiZE2W7LTDP0JO4nV4pZvcw==, Boolean #=qQ2zGyEw_tm9$D757SBvxHr3DGWTw85CS_cjU2cMHqC0=, Boolean #=qWbRzV5WeaDhc6rEEcGRD89d3BcOgr7$VVXHcz_rRbmI=, Boolean #=qI2qDyM$NOXO_8MDDFyYBZw==)
Trosk-
Ok, can replicate.

Crashlog
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

tuddster wrote:

I have the same issue, here's my crashlog:
Please, add a spoilerbox to the Code.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix editor slider placement failing. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150804.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
DT-sama
Problem Details:
If you toggle fast enough HT/DT at the start of a replay (before the animation ends), it'll cause the icon to look disabled, but the mod will still be active gameplay-wise. If you toggle it again, it will just double the effect of the mod.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
DT (with a few failed attempts at the beginning, it starts at 0:30)

HT

osu! version: 20150730.1beta
DexFrild
Thank you.
a1mighty
Some of skin elements lost their positions. Checked all release streams, this happens only on Cutting-edge.
Ookami
Some kind of skin error :

Release : b20150805.1cuttingedge

Sliders are turning slightly back, have multiple circles on each end. It's distracting enough to be nearly unplayable at ar10.3.

peppy
Include your full skin.
show more