forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
VeilStar
The Flashlight overlay in during map loading in multiplayer is screwed.

The center point of the overlay is the top left of the screen instead of the center of the screen.
(Or is the actual issue not incorrect positioning?)

Happens only in cutting edge & beta.

VeilStar

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

<stuff about multiplayer replays>
Merged your post to this thread as that's not a feature on Stable. I can confirm that this happens.
It ONLY happens if you died somewhere on the map but revived and were alive when the map finished.
VeilStar
3 posts in a row due to different subjects. Excuse the spam.

Ever since this change/fix the starting point of replays has been inconsistent.
I'll let the video speak for itself. It basically just skips too far often times, and the point to which it skips to varies drastically.
I've once had it skip to past the first note, so it hit the first 2 notes at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlATp8eKESg

Edit: Here's a better example. Look what happens at the 7 second mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dInaHfieS3s
Netherax
Both local offset and online offset are sticking when they shouldn't be in the beatmap selection menu.
Doesn't affect gameplay at all.
Test case starting on a map with no offset, changing to one with offset and then back again:
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix offset text never clearing. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150720.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Carrox
After latest Windows update I cant run osu! on Cutting edge or Beta, it just get stuck looping osu! update and splash screen, works with Stable thou
Trosk-
Problem Details: Cursor trail expands if osu! has been minimized for a while. The longer you had osu! minimized, the longer this effect will last.

It doesn't happen always, I'm trying to figure out when it happens.

Posting this on CE thread because I couldn't replicate it on Stable.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn't find anything about this. I don't think that anyone didn't noticed of this before tho, so, maybe it's a duplicate.

DeletedUser_4329079

Trosk- wrote:

Problem Details: Cursor trail expands if osu! has been minimized for a while. The longer you had osu! minimized, the longer this effect will last.

It also happens to me
DeletedUser_4329079
:cry: Sorry for the double post, but I've noticed that sometimes star rating is not affected by hardrock at all

Edit: I've also discovered that ctrl+g is what triggers the slider number bug -it appears too early and fades out, dissapearing when you reach the slider's timing point.-

Edit 2: I have beatmap skins enabled yet I can't see the new combo colours on the editor, they were visible yesterday :(
Edit 3: Re-dl fixed it

Trosk-

Default wrote:

:cry: Sorry for the double post, but I've noticed that sometimes star rating is not affected by hardrock at all
Pretty sure this is a duplicate,though I can't find the thread t/338439. If I'm not wrong this will happen only for some of your maps.
azer467

Default wrote:

In the editor, some sliders appear with no numbers after using symetry shortcuts. If you save the map and load it again, it stops happening.

Can confirm it
Score_Under
The lack of scoreboard while playing is really bothering me.

I understand that it caused performance issues*, but when you break combo it's essential for comparing your max combo with your previous max combo on that map, especially on marathon maps.

*not sure if that's why it got removed though

If nothing else I'd like to be able to see it when paused.
DeletedUser_4329079
I prefer not to see it, it could maybe be a toggleable setting

Edit: sometimes the hit0 sprite doesn't appear when missing a hitcircle, even though I still hear the combobreak sound. This has happened to me several times.
Tom94

Trosk- wrote:

It doesn't happen always, I'm trying to figure out when it happens.

Posting this on CE thread because I couldn't replicate it on Stable.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn't find anything about this. I don't think that anyone didn't noticed of this before tho, so, maybe it's a duplicate.

This one has been happening rarely and randomly since years ago, including stable. Would be awesome if you'd find a semi-reliable way of triggering it.
Trosk-

Tom94 wrote:

This one has been happening rarely and randomly since years ago, including stable. Would be awesome if you'd find a semi-reliable way of triggering it.
Didn't notice that this happens on Stable too, I think it didn't happen to me on it (or, at least, I didn't notice of it). Next time I get this effect I will try to think about what I did on that session to try to figure out what could trigger this problem...
DeletedUser_4329079
It happens to me literally always I open the game when it was minimized.
Shizuyi
It never happend to me even though i have my game minimized really often.
Trosk-

Default wrote:

It happens to me literally always I open the game when it was minimized.
I don't know... I didn't get it since the moment I posted it.
abrian
fps dropping too low during gameplay (around 200-400)
For taiko mode this is a huge issue, not sure about other modes.
On stable I usually get ~900fps on average (direct X)
I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed already but I will post here anyway.
Tom94

abrian159 wrote:

fps dropping too low during gameplay (around 200-400)
For taiko mode this is a huge issue, not sure about other modes.
On stable I usually get ~900fps on average (direct X)
I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed already but I will post here anyway.
How can you be not sure if this issue has been addressed? Did you not test? If so, please do so as soon as possible. If right now on cutting edge you get way lower FPS than stable with the same settings (this is important), then please post more information about your machine, such as which CPU, graphics chip and operating system you are using. Please also post the contents of gl_info.txt which should be in your osu! folder after running cutting edge once.
abrian

Tom94 wrote:

How can you be not sure if this issue has been addressed? Did you not test? If so, please do so as soon as possible. If right now on cutting edge you get way lower FPS than stable with the same settings (this is important), then please post more information about your machine, such as which CPU, graphics chip and operating system you are using. Please also post the contents of gl_info.txt which should be in your osu! folder after running cutting edge once.
I have reported the problem before directly in twitter. Anyway I will test again now to check.

The issue is much improved,
Tested on the same map:
Stable - 500-700 fps, rarely dropping to 400
Cutting edge - Average 400 fps with occasionally dropping to low 300 region.
gl_info

-Windows 8.1
-Intel core i7 4700HQ
-GTX 850M

Trosk- wrote:

Twitter? Twitter is not the correct place to report this... Just post it here.
That I was replying to Tom as I was not sure if the problem is known.
Trosk-

abrian159 wrote:

I have reported the problem before directly in twitter. Anyway I will test again now to check.
Twitter? Twitter is not the correct place to report this... Just post it here.
abrian
There is a chance that my osu is running from the integrated graphic instead of my GPU,
However shouldn't osu take care of lower end pc users as well? as it seem osu doesn't preform well enough at all in cutting edge.

I asked a friend to have a quick test as well:
Tom94
Yeah, osu! shouldn't run from your integrated graphics. Chances are your and your friend's results have cutting edge running on integrated while stable runs on discrete.

Could you switch to cutting edge again, then close osu!, then rename in your osu! folder "osu!.exe" to "bf3.exe"? This should fool NVIDIA optimus to run osu! from your discrete graphics card. Please let me know if it makes a difference.
abrian

Tom94 wrote:

Yeah, osu! shouldn't run from your integrated graphics. Chances are your and your friend's results have cutting edge running on integrated while stable runs on discrete.

Could you switch to cutting edge again, then close osu!, then rename in your osu! folder "osu!.exe" to "bf3.exe"? This should fool NVIDIA optimus to run osu! from your discrete graphics card. Please let me know if it makes a difference.
You can change this on Nvidia's setting pannel haha though your method works too.
I think what you've said is highly unlikely but I will test it again just to be sure.
abrian
I get an average of 1400 fps with the GPU on stable
So this should have proven something..?
Hope the issue is being worked on
The fps drop maybe not seem a lot but its actually quite noticable during gameplay.
A Mystery
I already posted this issue, but opening the editor (or just pressing "edit" to go to the song select) still causes the desktop resolution to change to whatever osu! is running at, causing this (and this is a full capture, everything you see on that image is everything I see on my monitor when alt-tabbing).

When letterboxing is enable, I can alt-tab normally though, but full screen has to be enabled.
The resolution used in the example is 1280x800, while my native is 1650x1080

Because I changed all my hardware yesterday, and this is still happening, I suppose my specs are not important.

PS: The reason why I post this again is because last time bancho seemed to have posted something about a fix related tot his, but I was not sure if it was the issue I was talking about.
Tom94

A Mystery wrote:

I already posted this issue, but opening the editor (or just pressing "edit" to go to the song select) still causes the desktop resolution to change to whatever osu! is running at, causing this (and this is a full capture, everything you see on that image is everything I see on my monitor when alt-tabbing).

When letterboxing is enable, I can alt-tab normally though, but full screen has to be enabled.

Because I changed all my hardware yesterday, and this is still happening, I suppose my specs are not important.
And I already answered this, we can unfortunately not avoid doing this as long as the editor is using windows forms. This is something that will have to stay until osu!next along with its editor revamp comes along.
A Mystery

Tom94 wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

And I already answered this, we can unfortunately not avoid doing this as long as the editor is using windows forms. This is something that will have to stay until osu!next along with its editor revamp comes along.
Really? I don't think you ever said that though, but alright, sorry for posting
Tom94
Oh sorry, looks like I was describing this at some internal place and not in this thread. My bad. :(
Tom94

abrian159 wrote:

The fps drop maybe not seem a lot but its actually quite noticable during gameplay.
Thanks a lot for testing. I'll see if I can get ahold of hardware capable of replicating the performance degradations you are experiencing. On my laptop with intel integrated graphics I get higher performance with opengl than with directx. :/

Out of curiosity, how does cutting edge compare to stable when using the GPU?
A Mystery

Tom94 wrote:

Oh sorry, looks like I was describing this at some internal place and not in this thread. My bad. :(
Haha np, I'm happy that you know about it.
abrian

Tom94 wrote:

abrian159 wrote:

Thanks a lot for testing. I'll see if I can get ahold of hardware capable of replicating the performance degradations you are experiencing. On my laptop with intel integrated graphics I get higher performance with opengl than with directx. :/

Out of curiosity, how does cutting edge compare to stable when using the GPU?
Slightly lower fps in cutting edge but not significant at all
It is only an issue when running with integrated graphics tbh
Who uses their GPU to run osu! ;w;
Were you testing on taiko mode? I don't think it makes a difference, though :(
Hope the issue gets fixed! I will try my best to help, and I do hope this is not only a problem at my side, lol.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Editor has performance issues with long sliders. They spike when entering test mode. These spikes lock up the game on cutting edge.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3436043

Sliders with lots of points get large update spikes when you try to edit their points. (This happens on stable too actually)

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3436055

Here is the .osz with the map I was testing with.

http://puu.sh/jbrt6/b2489b466c.osz
Trosk-
This is not a really important issue, but I found it weird...
Also, I don't know if this is a duplicate or not. I didn't find anything about this. Forgive me if it is a duplicate.

Problem Details:
If you have a skin folder named "taiko" and you have checked the option "Always use Taiko skin for Taiko mode", osu! will always use that skin for Taiko. Ok, if you spectate someone with that option enabled and then you exit from spectator, osu! will load the menu-background from the "taiko" skin, instead the actual background of the skin that you have selected.

Couldn't replicate on Stable.

Also, I got some obejct alignment problems, when I needed to download a map to spectate someone and then go into the map, after download it, but I only got this effect 1 time...

Joe Joe-
Problem Details: There is a frequent frame skip that happens every time I play a beatmap, and my fps is literally cut in half ranging from 600-700fps during gameplay (On Stable release) to 300-400fps. This only happens on Cutting Edge and Beta releases. Also the only difference between both tests are the release streams, no background apps are causing the performance drop.

My specs are: Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz, 12GB RAM, GeForce GT 635, Windows 8.1

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Cutting Edge/Beta Performance Video (Playing Full Screen and Letterbox)

Stable Performance Video (Playing Windowed)

osu! version: 20150721cuttingedge
Piotrekol
There seems to be an issuse with Letterboxing when recording using obs on intel HD4600.
when letterboxing is disabled recording works just fine (~600+fps with 1280x720) but when you enable letterboxing again - it just becomes unplayable.

same thing seems to happen in fullscreen and "windowed" letterbox

fullscreen letterboxing on:
http://i.imgur.com/GL5v7B3.png
fullscreen with no letterboxing:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3440689
windowed with letterboxing:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3440802
CakeAndBanana
I have a issue with editor.
My editor laggs in Fullscreen but when it's in windowed, it isn't lagging D:

Trosk-

CakeAndBanana wrote: