forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix Target Practice counting being applied to spectator/replay plays. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150716cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Rainbowdashie10
Another problem i have is the fruit catcher won't move when i play CTB on a Song called Raise This Barn when i press the arrow keys and lags by being stuck sometimes :cry:
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Please show us a screenshot of your frame time display when this problem occurs. Use ctrl + f11 to trigger it.
FarmerSA
Hello, i found bug frame with your stats (in game).
Problem description:
When you hover the mouse on frame in Experimental version, frame don't light up (screen), but in Stabe version frame light up (screen). Also sometimes informations light up even if the cursor is not above it (screen).
VeilStar

FarmerSA wrote:

Hello, i found bug frame with your stats (in game).
Problem description:
When you hover the mouse on frame in Experimental version, frame don't light up (screen), but in Stabe version frame light up (screen). Also sometimes informations light up even if the cursor is not above it (screen).

I can confirm this. It doesn't seem to change state after entering the song selection screen.
Meaning that if you're quick enough you can also cause it to stay lit up.

Adding to OP...
Diony
If you download a map via the osudirect button on the website while in a song (I was in a Team Vs multi match ) the osu!direct panel will stay after the song (or did). Have not tested for versions other than cutting edge and havent tried recreating yet.
nekoco
Hello, I'm here to report a bug. When I click on a link in osuthe game take me off, usually it's to show me the osu website. BUT now, nothing and at this moment osu is just a black screen. It's impossibble to use osu.

b20150414.2
Trosk-

konekoco wrote:

Hello, I'm here to report a bug. When I click on a link in osuthe game take me off, usually it's to show me the osu website. BUT now, nothing and at this moment osu is just a black screen. It's impossibble to use osu.

b20150414.2
This thread is for Cutting Edge only bugs. Since you are using Stable version, you should have made a thread yourself for your problem. Do not create another one, since I guess a mod will do it.

Regarding the issue, do you have the browser that you usually use set to default? If not, try to set it as Default Browser and try again...
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I may have figured out how to trigger the Editor softlock. I was creating a guest map and I was creating a slider with many sliderpoints, and was making lots of shape adjustments to get it right. Testing however froze the game. I managed to check the frame time display the second time after creating another test shape, and there are a bunch of swap buffer spikes when entering test build.

The swap buffer spikes are an indicator that the game will soon just stop responding entirely.
Kon
I found a bug when playing with multiple monitors. When you launch the game in windowed mode it will launch osu! on whichever screen your mouse is on. However, when you launch osu! in fullscreen or letterboxing it launches on your main monitor. I like the way it works in windowed mode, because I personally play on my middle monitor but I use my left one as my main one, so I think that should stay but be compatible with letterboxing and even fullscreen.
Trosk-

Kon wrote:

I found a bug when playing with multiple monitors. When you launch the game in windowed mode it will launch osu! on whichever screen your mouse is on. However, when you launch osu! in fullscreen or letterboxing it launches on your main monitor. I like the way it works in windowed mode, because I personally play on my middle monitor but I use my left one as my main one, so I think that should stay but be compatible with letterboxing and even fullscreen.
Well... That's not a bug at all. p/4264899
BanchoBot
  1. Fix local user panel not handling hover events. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150719.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
DeletedUser_4329079

VeilStar wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what the hell was going on here...
I messed around with the slidervelocity causing my sliderends to be unsapped, and this happened...

I'm not entirely sure if this is cuttingedge-specific or not.
When I saved the map and re-opened it in the editor didn't say my sliders were unsapped anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZNV6scCl0
This is still happening, I had the exact same issue yesterday on cutting edge while trying to fix unsnapped slider ends. Copy-pasting them on the same place solved it.
LiquidPL
Hi,

I guess I have some problem with game performance on cuttingedge. Quite some time ago (when the ce45 branch merged with cuttingedge IIRC) i was able to get like 600-800 FPS on the new OpenGL renderer. However now, I get only like 150-350.

I noticed that it happens only on maps with videos, and after disabling videos in settings altogether, I noticed that the FPS increased (but not to what it was previously)
Tom94
Can you post the contents of gl_info.txt in your osu! folder? It should exist on cutting edge.
LiquidPL

Tom94 wrote:

Can you post the contents of gl_info.txt in your osu! folder? It should exist on cutting edge.
Here goes: http://pastebin.com/wVi8ET0b

//EDIT: I'm on latest Windows 10 Insider Preview if that's important.
Tom94
The gl info looks normal. Video playback does incur a performance penalty, that's for sure, so do storyboard. But other than that you should be good to go. Please make sure osu! is using your discrete graphics card and not your integrated graphics in case you have one.
DeletedUser_4329079
In the editor, some sliders appear with no numbers after using symetry shortcuts. If you save the map and load it again, it stops happening.

LiquidPL

Tom94 wrote:

The gl info looks normal. Video playback does incur a performance penalty, that's for sure, so do storyboard. But other than that you should be good to go. Please make sure osu! is using your discrete graphics card and not your integrated graphics in case you have one.
But should the performance drop happen if the video/storyboard is 100% dimmed? Because I'm pretty sure that I had a constant 600FPS until recently, even with videos enabled (but with 100% background dim). Also, my FPS on stable is higher all the time with videos on.
azer467
when you're playing and you press F9 2 times bancho appears in front of the game but you can still play and key entered are working in both chat and game

EDIT: I also have the "hide chat" option enabled
Kon

Trosk- wrote:

Kon wrote:

Well... That's not a bug at all. p/4264899
I understand that, and as I said I like the feature, but it only works with windowed mode and not with letterboxing/fullscreen. The osu! circle shows up on the correct monitor pre-launch, but when the game actually launches it does so on the main monitor.

DeletedUser_4329079
When spectating auto with vsync on, the game stutters everytime it hits a circle.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix health graph rendering on results screen. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150720beta.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix threading issue when hitting enter after entering login credentials. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150720.3cuttingedge.

NeVMiku
Problem Details: As the title said. Played the map on the 18th July 2015 (multiplayer). Played it again on the 19th and today (20th) just noticed it has the replay from the 18th in the Local Ranking board.

Played the multiplayer game on the 18th with osu!Beta version and not stable.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Replay: http://puu.sh/j61jH/b132a699a3.osr (Failed around 75% percent through the map adjusting my grip.)
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/178966&m=0 (Talent Shredder) [0108 style]

osu! version: 20150720beta

PS. Will brb in a bit, fixing my graphics drivers real quick.
VeilStar
The Flashlight overlay in during map loading in multiplayer is screwed.

The center point of the overlay is the top left of the screen instead of the center of the screen.
(Or is the actual issue not incorrect positioning?)

Happens only in cutting edge & beta.

VeilStar

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

<stuff about multiplayer replays>
Merged your post to this thread as that's not a feature on Stable. I can confirm that this happens.
It ONLY happens if you died somewhere on the map but revived and were alive when the map finished.
VeilStar
3 posts in a row due to different subjects. Excuse the spam.

Ever since this change/fix the starting point of replays has been inconsistent.
I'll let the video speak for itself. It basically just skips too far often times, and the point to which it skips to varies drastically.
I've once had it skip to past the first note, so it hit the first 2 notes at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlATp8eKESg

Edit: Here's a better example. Look what happens at the 7 second mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dInaHfieS3s
Netherax
Both local offset and online offset are sticking when they shouldn't be in the beatmap selection menu.
Doesn't affect gameplay at all.
Test case starting on a map with no offset, changing to one with offset and then back again:
BanchoBot
  1. Fix offset text never clearing. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150720.4cuttingedge.

Carrox
After latest Windows update I cant run osu! on Cutting edge or Beta, it just get stuck looping osu! update and splash screen, works with Stable thou
Trosk-
Problem Details: Cursor trail expands if osu! has been minimized for a while. The longer you had osu! minimized, the longer this effect will last.

It doesn't happen always, I'm trying to figure out when it happens.

Posting this on CE thread because I couldn't replicate it on Stable.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn't find anything about this. I don't think that anyone didn't noticed of this before tho, so, maybe it's a duplicate.

DeletedUser_4329079

Trosk- wrote:

Problem Details: Cursor trail expands if osu! has been minimized for a while. The longer you had osu! minimized, the longer this effect will last.

It also happens to me
DeletedUser_4329079
:cry: Sorry for the double post, but I've noticed that sometimes star rating is not affected by hardrock at all

Edit: I've also discovered that ctrl+g is what triggers the slider number bug -it appears too early and fades out, dissapearing when you reach the slider's timing point.-

Edit 2: I have beatmap skins enabled yet I can't see the new combo colours on the editor, they were visible yesterday :(
Edit 3: Re-dl fixed it

Trosk-

Default wrote:

:cry: Sorry for the double post, but I've noticed that sometimes star rating is not affected by hardrock at all
Pretty sure this is a duplicate,though I can't find the thread t/338439. If I'm not wrong this will happen only for some of your maps.
azer467

Default wrote:

In the editor, some sliders appear with no numbers after using symetry shortcuts. If you save the map and load it again, it stops happening.

Can confirm it
Score_Under
The lack of scoreboard while playing is really bothering me.

I understand that it caused performance issues*, but when you break combo it's essential for comparing your max combo with your previous max combo on that map, especially on marathon maps.

*not sure if that's why it got removed though

If nothing else I'd like to be able to see it when paused.
DeletedUser_4329079
I prefer not to see it, it could maybe be a toggleable setting

Edit: sometimes the hit0 sprite doesn't appear when missing a hitcircle, even though I still hear the combobreak sound. This has happened to me several times.
Tom94

Trosk- wrote:

It doesn't happen always, I'm trying to figure out when it happens.

Posting this on CE thread because I couldn't replicate it on Stable.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn't find anything about this. I don't think that anyone didn't noticed of this before tho, so, maybe it's a duplicate.

This one has been happening rarely and randomly since years ago, including stable. Would be awesome if you'd find a semi-reliable way of triggering it.
Trosk-

Tom94 wrote:

This one has been happening rarely and randomly since years ago, including stable. Would be awesome if you'd find a semi-reliable way of triggering it.
Didn't notice that this happens on Stable too, I think it didn't happen to me on it (or, at least, I didn't notice of it). Next time I get this effect I will try to think about what I did on that session to try to figure out what could trigger this problem...
show more