forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shizuyi
Yes it is fixed.
Sadistic Potato
osu! stutter even when idling, recent cutting edge

What I've tried:
Check and uncheck Letterboxing
Changed resolution 1366*768 (native) into 1366*768, and vice versa
Wait
Restart osu!

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/RWszNSG.png
Tom94

Sadistic Potato wrote:

osu! stutter even when idling, recent cutting edge

what I've tried:
Check and uncheck Letterboxing
Changed resolution 1366*768 (native) into 1366*768, and vice versa
Wait
Restart osu!

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/RWszNSG.png
Does running osu! in windowed mode help?
Sadistic Potato

Tom94 wrote:

nope. still

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/NFLwLtc.png
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Allow additional windowed resolutions while letterboxing in fullscreen mode. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
BanchoBot
  1. Don't check validity of fullscreen resolution if letterboxing is enabled. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix spinner and slider samples sometimes playing endlessly. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.4cuttingedge.

Tom94

Sadistic Potato wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

nope. still

Does the same issue happen on the Beta release stream? Please try closing all background applications and see if it helps.
Sadistic Potato

Tom94 wrote:

Sadistic Potato wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

nope. still

Does the same issue happen on the Beta release stream? Please try closing all background applications and see if it helps.

seems that closing background applications works (ended up restarting because I accidentally flipped off the power source). Thank you.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I tried to capture the flickering menu issue but fraps doesn't capture it. I'm reposting this, because I saw a similar issue in an earlier build. But the details are more pronounced than it earlier builds. Look at the transition into edit select. There is a sudden screen shift that doesn't happen in earlier builds. The editor menu loads earlier than it should, and then it black screens for a frame and then goes back to normal. In older builds the black loading screen stays until the editor menu and the screen can be displayed at the same time.

http://puu.sh/iuW3i/94287d2510.avi
BanchoBot
  1. Fix background/cursor disappearance issues on GeForce 7000 / nForce 600 series mGPUs. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.6cuttingedge.

Trosk-
I don't know if this could be considered an issue, but when you are opening osu!, if you place your cursor on second monitor, it will open on second monitor and not on the main one. This doesnt happen on Stable, just on Cutting Edge.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix cursor trail fading too quickly at high frame rates. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.7cuttingedge.

peppy

Trosk- wrote:

I don't know if this could be considered an issue, but when you are opening osu!, if you place your cursor on second monitor, it will open on second monitor and not on the main one. This doesnt happen on Stable, just on Cutting Edge.

This is actually expected behaviour for windows apps as far as I know. I regularly do this to decide which monitor to open an app on.
Leadenginger
Probably useless information :P , but when trying out letterbox mode I noticed that while paused and on different places on the main menu there was roughly a 5% drop in frame rate compared to windowed mode. I noticed the average frame rate changes while different songs are playing so I tested each area with the same part of a song that had a consistent framerate. Areas I tested were main menu (default state, circle clicked once, and with the options sidebar open), song selection, in game during the skippable partbefore the map starts, and while paused.
This is on Windows7 , running osu at 1600x900 resolution switching between windowed and letterbox.
I know it was intended to fix issues on windows 8 and not 7, but more data can't hurt.
Trosk-

peppy wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

This is actually expected behaviour for windows apps as far as I know. I regularly do this to decide which monitor to open an app on.
Oh ok. It's just I found it weird since it started to do that a few days ago on Cutting Edge. Thanks.
agubelu
I think I found a bug:

I was playing some multi yesterday and we decided to play tag coop, and my client crashed as soon as the game started. I've tried to reproduce it again and it crashes if you play a tag coop game AND you have team color set to any color (if you don't set team color it doesn't seem to crash)
Ookami
Current version : b20150620cuttingedge

Over the past month, I've had the mod "Auto" automatically (heh) turn itself on. I've verified that it's not an accidental hotkey press, but it's not consistent enough for me to test in Stable. I'm honestly not sure if it could be a cuttingedge issue, but I came to the conclusion that it doesn't hurt to post.

Note: This only happens when I exit the "Mods" menu.
Low Snow

I slid few pics for a new background, and I got the best cursor 2015
VeilStar
I'm not entirely sure what the hell was going on here...
I messed around with the slidervelocity causing my sliderends to be unsapped, and this happened...

I'm not entirely sure if this is cuttingedge-specific or not.
When I saved the map and re-opened it in the editor didn't say my sliders were unsapped anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRZNV6scCl0
Cyclone
Recently my entire operating system has been restarting (not even BSOD. Just restarting), and this only happens when running cutting-edge build specifically in fullscreen mode. I have no idea how to even troubleshoot this as it simply happens randomly while in play mode(once while on the game over screen). It seems I can sit on the main menu as long as I want with no crashing. I can switch back to stable and have no crashing.

Windows 7
Radeon 280x

I have no idea what else you need.
Tom94
Might be connected to hardware overheating / having a too high clock. Have you tried setting the framelimiter to something else than unlimited?
BanchoBot
  1. Attempt to fix null reference during cursor trail draw. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150620cuttingedge.

Ciuriya
Small issue with toggleable DT in replays, if I toggle DT off and switch it to 0.5x playback and back to 1x, the replay is playing with DT but DT isn't toggled.
Trosk-

Smc wrote:

Small issue with toggleable DT in replays, if I toggle DT off and switch it to 0.5x playback and back to 1x, the replay is playing with DT but DT isn't toggled.
Same happens to me. I think it's confirmed.
Bara-

Smc wrote:

Same thing with HT
VeilStar
Not sure if there's anything that can be done about this on osu!'s end, but it's been going on for a while and doesn't happen in stable.
Probably related to p/4091418
Crash upon closing Dxtory after osu! has been minimized to the tray for a long period of time.
Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 62E5416C

Faulting application name: osu!.exe, version: 1.3.3.7, time stamp: 0x5589b04b
Faulting module name: OPENGL32.DLL, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdadb
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000416c
Faulting process id: 0x4ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ae3f541d384d
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Osu!\osu!.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\OPENGL32.DLL
Report Id: b74daa59-1a62-11e5-96ba-6c626d45738a
MegaApple_Pi
:idea: ?
  1. watch a replay (or use auto)
  2. (at any moment) then press [5] (or [7] or [8] or [9] ([6] and [0] won't work because it plays at x1...)
  3. then quickly press [esc] (or some key to leave the replay)...
  4. voila, music playing at the speed of fastforward.
It could be stuck in this state even upon changing beatmaps, if your quick enough to press [left] or [right]
After a second or two... it fixes itself upon changing beatmaps. NOT leaving to menu.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix replay playback speeds conflicting with each other. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150624.2cuttingedge.

Topic Starter
TheVileOne

123MegaApple123 wrote:

:idea: ?
  1. watch a replay (or use auto)
  2. (at any moment) then press [5] (or [7] or [8] or [9] ([6] and [0] won't work because it plays at x1...)
  3. then quickly press [esc] (or some key to leave the replay)...
  4. voila, music playing at the speed of fastforward.
It could be stuck in this state even upon changing beatmaps, if your quick enough to press [left] or [right]
After a second or two... it fixes itself upon changing beatmaps. NOT leaving to menu.
Audio rate changing via number keys is still experimental. Don't expect it to work right.
VeilStar
More of a very minor imperfection but the default 'back' button aswell as the 'yellow warning bar' go 1 pixel too far out of the screen area.
Only visible when using letterboxing.

Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

More of a very minor imperfection but the default 'back' button aswell as the 'yellow warning bar' go 1 pixel too far out of the screen area.
Only visible when using letterboxing.
What resolution are you using? Doesn't happen for me on 1440x900 (Maybe it has been fixed already)
VeilStar

Trosk- wrote:

What resolution are you using?
Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

What resolution are you using?
Well, it's not happening for me on that resolution neither. I guess it got fixed on the last update.

Nvm... It's still happening.

CakeAndBanana
Problem Details:
It might be a bug but if you load a map and press esc instant when you started loading your status bar will disappear

osu! version: 20150626.1cuttingedge
Trosk-
Ok, this is an actual bug. I guess it's confirmed. Since it is a Cutting Edge bug problem, you should have posted it here. Please take care of that next time. Don't repost it since a Mod can merge it to the other thread, I guess.

Maeglwn
not sure if this is confirmed already, but when clicking on the ignore list and highlight list box, it doesn't interact like a normal text box; the text line will start at where the last word ended regardless of where you click on in the text box

there's also no flashy line thing that tells you where your typing begins anymore either
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Text boxes have never allowed you to seek to a specific part of the text.
Maeglwn

TheVileOne wrote:

Text boxes have never allowed you to seek to a specific part of the text.
they DEFINITELY were able to. I was able to before some time ago
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I just checked stable release and it has the same behaviour as cutting edge. How long ago were you able to do this?
show more