forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
VeilStar
What I previously said.

VeilStar wrote:

I have never been able to consistently replicate this nor manage to record it, but this has been happening for a while so here it goes...

If you're in the song selection screen on borderless, sometimes when unfocusing osu! (going to a different window) and then re-focusing osu! again the song suddenly plays ALOT louder than it's supposed to for a second, and then goes back to its normal volume. If you switch to a different song it also suddenly plays alot louder for a second. It stops doing this after ~10 seconds, and I can't consistently replicate this either. I'm using 40% master , 75% music and 100% effect volume.

About the sound issue in the song selection which I quoted above...
I finally managed to record this. I still have no idea how to replicate this though. It just happens sometimes.

BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Avoid race conditions during sample playback. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150616.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Tom94
This does not address minor short-lived audio crackle happening with sliders right after turning the volume to 0 which also happens on stable. Please report if you still experience the other kinds of crackle and/or hitsounds missing.
Top Bunk
Every time I first load up the game and start a song, I get an error saying "Beatmap could not be loaded successfully" and brings me back to the main menu with whatever song was playing being stopped. Although everything works fine after I just go back in and try to load the map again.

This has actually been an issue for awhile. But I keep forgetting to post about it.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix several possible null refs on skin load. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150616.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Yomura_old_1

sliderbug in latest cutting edge
OpenGL 2.1 on a HP tx1330
Nathanael
Mod selection keys doesn't seem working (including Reset All Mods and Close button). I haven't touched the configuration.
Edit: Not only that but also the skip button.

Version: b20150617.1cuttingedge
Trosk-

Nathanael wrote:

Mod selection keys doesn't seem working (including Reset All Mods and Close button). I haven't touched the configuration.
Edit: Not only that but also the skip button.

Version: b20150617.1cuttingedge
Works fine for me... Tried on various resolutions tho.
Nathanael
Okay, then it's on my side's problem. I'll look into my problem for now.
Sharkfang
I simply cannot get into osu! after installing the latest cutting-edge build. I'm using a Macbook Pro 2009, and it says I need the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319 which I can't really install on a mac... is there any way to unistall the latest build at least? Delete some files?

Error message: http://imgur.com/8GhcB8Y

Please, somebody help. ;_;
abraker

Sharkfang wrote:

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2009, and it says I need the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319 which I can't really install on a mac...
I don't think there is much support for CE on Mac yet. I think you will have to wait unless you can get it working with Wine somehow.
Trosk-

Sharkfang wrote:

I simply cannot get into osu! after installing the latest cutting-edge build. I'm using a Macbook Pro 2009, and it says I need the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319 which I can't really install on a mac... is there any way to unistall the latest build at least? Delete some files?

Error message: http://imgur.com/8GhcB8Y

Please, somebody help. ;_;
I believe that Cutting Edge doesn't work on Mac. Go back to Stable.
Sharkfang
It simply doesn't work? Good to know. How do I get back to stable? Again, can't load up the application to change it.
abraker
Press and hold shift when loading osu!, select "stable", and click on repair.
Sharkfang

abraker wrote:

Doesn't work. Tried multiple times. :/
Sharkfang

Sharkfang wrote:

abraker wrote:

Doesn't work. Tried multiple times. :/
Well, that's interesting. When holding fn + shift it pulls up wineskin. Not sure what to do next.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Open osu.cfg and change _ReleaseStream to Stable
Sharkfang

TheVileOne wrote:

Open osu.cfg and change _ReleaseStream to Stable
Wow I wish I heard about that earlier - redownloaded and reset (contacted peppy through twitter and he told me to do so). Oh well. Thanks for the advice in case it ever happens again ^-^
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Yea I was told that solution wouldn't work on OSX, so you can ignore me.
BanchoBot
  1. Remove unnecessary OpenGL resizing code causing various compatibility problems. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150617.3cuttingedge.

Diony
Having trouble moving my cursor from one monitor to the other after the updates today. Playing with 1920x1080 borderless, but I tried with fullscreen; also didn't work.

EDIT: It turns out the update turned on the 'Confine mouse to fullscreen' option.
peppy
more detail?
Diony
Sorry, I mean the osu cursor will not leave the osu window (also the edge of my monitor) while on menus and breaks and such. On version b20150619.1cuttingedge. I have to Alt+Tab to be able to move the osu cursor off the osu window.

EDIT: It turns out the update turned on the 'Confine mouse to fullscreen' option.
Shizuyi
Since the lastest patch i just downloaded, every time i start osu, it says "downloading locakisation" and starts 30sec after that. Totally annoying.
Trosk-

Shizuyi wrote:

Since the lastest patch i just downloaded, every time i start osu, it says "downloading locakisation" and starts 30sec after that. Totally annoying.
Can you provide a screenshot or something? I don't have this problem.
peppy
Should be fixed now.
Shizuyi
Yes it is fixed.
Sadistic Potato
osu! stutter even when idling, recent cutting edge

What I've tried:
Check and uncheck Letterboxing
Changed resolution 1366*768 (native) into 1366*768, and vice versa
Wait
Restart osu!

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/RWszNSG.png
Tom94

Sadistic Potato wrote:

osu! stutter even when idling, recent cutting edge

what I've tried:
Check and uncheck Letterboxing
Changed resolution 1366*768 (native) into 1366*768, and vice versa
Wait
Restart osu!

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/RWszNSG.png
Does running osu! in windowed mode help?
Sadistic Potato

Tom94 wrote:

nope. still

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/NFLwLtc.png
BanchoBot
  1. Allow additional windowed resolutions while letterboxing in fullscreen mode. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.2cuttingedge.

BanchoBot
  1. Don't check validity of fullscreen resolution if letterboxing is enabled. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.3cuttingedge.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix spinner and slider samples sometimes playing endlessly. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.4cuttingedge.

Tom94

Sadistic Potato wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

nope. still

Does the same issue happen on the Beta release stream? Please try closing all background applications and see if it helps.
Sadistic Potato

Tom94 wrote:

Sadistic Potato wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

nope. still

Does the same issue happen on the Beta release stream? Please try closing all background applications and see if it helps.

seems that closing background applications works (ended up restarting because I accidentally flipped off the power source). Thank you.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I tried to capture the flickering menu issue but fraps doesn't capture it. I'm reposting this, because I saw a similar issue in an earlier build. But the details are more pronounced than it earlier builds. Look at the transition into edit select. There is a sudden screen shift that doesn't happen in earlier builds. The editor menu loads earlier than it should, and then it black screens for a frame and then goes back to normal. In older builds the black loading screen stays until the editor menu and the screen can be displayed at the same time.

http://puu.sh/iuW3i/94287d2510.avi
BanchoBot
  1. Fix background/cursor disappearance issues on GeForce 7000 / nForce 600 series mGPUs. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.6cuttingedge.

Trosk-
I don't know if this could be considered an issue, but when you are opening osu!, if you place your cursor on second monitor, it will open on second monitor and not on the main one. This doesnt happen on Stable, just on Cutting Edge.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix cursor trail fading too quickly at high frame rates. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150619.7cuttingedge.

peppy

Trosk- wrote:

I don't know if this could be considered an issue, but when you are opening osu!, if you place your cursor on second monitor, it will open on second monitor and not on the main one. This doesnt happen on Stable, just on Cutting Edge.

This is actually expected behaviour for windows apps as far as I know. I regularly do this to decide which monitor to open an app on.
show more