forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
BoySanic
When playing tag co-op on the latest build, sliders are a very bright white.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
I believe that this was said on another thread and happens on Stable release stream too. I believe.
I checked stable and it doesn't for this map. The negative movement frames aren't visible and the cursor just appears out of nowhere towards the first note. Tom broke the leadin time that is applied when it loads, so loading time affects what part of the replay you're in.

Edit: Okay this behaviour does happen on stable, but it's more buggy with the negative replay frames shown.
Trosk-

TheVileOne wrote:

Edit: Okay this behaviour does happen on stable, but it's more buggy with the negative replay frames shown.
^
DeletedUser_4329079
Wtf, everytime I restart the game the mouse sensitivity changes itself to a random number (I had it set to 1)

Pampel

Default wrote:

Wtf, everytime I restart the game the mouse sensitivity changes itself to a random number (I had it set to 1)]
It's probably not random, but just that osu! only saves the value you clicked and ignores adjustments made via arrow keys for the mouse sensitivity, as I said some days ago. That's what it was for me when the same seemed to happen to me at least.
DeletedUser_4329079

Pampel wrote:

It's probably not random, but just that osu! only saves the value you clicked and ignores adjustments made via arrow keys for the mouse sensitivity, as I said some days ago. That's what it was for me when the same seemed to happen to me at least.
You're right, that's what happens to me too.
Arras
I have no idea how I did it, but I somehow managed to minimize osu! to the point where the icon didn't show on the task bar anymore. The updater told me it was still running, so it wasn't closed. I could still alt-tab back to it, though, and after that the icon returned too. I can't seem to replicate it, though? (and no, it wasn't boss key, as I didn't press that, it wouldn't show in alt tab if that was the case, and it didn't show up in the icon tray either)

FPS is much better than before now :D (although I'm not sure it's quite up to directX levels yet, it's definitely getting there)
Also, if you want to try a true FPS draining map, try this lol. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/501483 The storyboard is absolutely ridiculous.
Nabile

Arras wrote:

FPS is much better than before now :D (although I'm not sure it's quite up to directX levels yet, it's definitely getting there)
Also, if you want to try a true FPS draining map, try this lol. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/501483 The storyboard is absolutely ridiculous.
Or ginkiha - EOS.
For some reason, my framerate tanks from 120 to almost 50 FPS at times in this map, unless I start recording using OBS with NVENC. I have to turn off the storyboard to play that map which is a shame since it's so pretty.
I've got an i5-4570 and a GTX 770. When I played on a friend's PC (it has a Pentium and an AMD graphics card cheaper than my rig), the framerate couldn't go below 100 FPS. That's weird.

Screenshots:
SPOILER
Auto with a small lag spike in drawing when it starts getting interesting:

Auto after the storm:

Cinema has a bit more trouble:

Cinema after the storm:

Relax:

Autopilot:

Replay:

Normal:

Normal (02):

And finally one without shaders:

TL;DR: it doesn't lag when watching a replay/auto/cinema, but it does when you play (normal/relax/autopilot).
Arras
Huh, there's issues with sound too. I can hear some rare audio crackles, and when playing an entirely keysounded song, some occasional keysounds do not play at all, making it sound weird. This does not happen for autoplay or the editor (IIRC), but it does for regular play and replays. Oddly enough, it doesn't occur when recording with OBS game capture either, so I have no video of it.
Tom94

Arras wrote:

Huh, there's issues with sound too. I can hear some rare audio crackles, and when playing an entirely keysounded song, some occasional keysounds do not play at all, making it sound weird. This does not happen for autoplay or the editor (IIRC), but it does for regular play and replays. Oddly enough, it doesn't occur when recording with OBS game capture either, so I have no video of it.
Do you have a dedicated sound card? If yes, which one?
Arras

Tom94 wrote:

Arras wrote:

Do you have a dedicated sound card? If yes, which one?
Based on this, I'd say no? http://puu.sh/inHq1/5407990521.png
VeilStar
About those 'sound cracks' - I completely forgot about this, but if you use the boss key while watching a replay for example you can hear sound cracking for a little bit while the game is minimized to the tray. Not sure what that's all about, but it seems to 'crack' for a few seconds when it would play a hitsound. This also happens in other circumstances but I forgot what they were.
Shizuyi
I could reproduce the Crackle. Strange thing. o.O I have no Sound Card.
Nabile

VeilStar wrote:

About those 'sound cracks' - I completely forgot about this, but if you use the boss key while watching a replay for example you can hear sound cracking for a little bit while the game is minimized to the tray. Not sure what that's all about, but it seems to 'crack' for a few seconds when it would play a hitsound. This also happens in other circumstances but I forgot what they were.
It also occurs when you mess with the game volume.
Something like this.
VeilStar

Nabile wrote:

Something like this.
Oh, so that's another way to get these sound cracks. Now that you've said that I remember setting the universal volume to 0 (or was it the music volume?) on the main menu while it was playing a song and the same thing happened. Though I can't seem to replicate that now.
Nabile

VeilStar wrote:

Nabile wrote:

Something like this.
Oh, so that's another way to get these sound cracks. Now that you've said that I remember setting the universal volume to 0 (or was it the music volume?) on the main menu while it was playing a song and the same thing happened. Though I can't seem to replicate that now.
Yep, I've checked and that's only from when you set the universal volume to 0.
(Also it's more noticeable in this video (@ 0:01 and @ 0:16).)
Miterosan
I love these features and how Osu! is going to be... but ... there are problems atm.

I have windows 8.1 with every update of winupdate installed and the shuttering patch.

1. When I play beatmaps with backgroundvideos .... and if the video freezes .... then the courser freeses too! (and if the video continuses ... then I can move my courser again)

2. the couser has slow feedback (something about 100ms or so (even if Osu! say something else .....)

Vaio Laptop
Windows 8.1 every update
Intel Pentium 2020M newest drivers

Intel HD Graphics

Tablet: Bamboo CTH-470
Neqoo
These sound speedup/freeze, available with 5 and 7 / 8 / 9 (and 0 for reset) is strange if you mix this with the 0,5x / 1x / 2x speedup.

The problem is that you press a number and it saves the speed and leaves it untouched you can mess the actual speed up using the normal speed modifier but the variable speed is not changed.

For example: If you press 9, then press the already given speedmodifier 6 times(sometimes it changes after 3; just for safety to reproduce it) so it will be the same speed after 3 times but after six changes you have the actual normal speed of the map.. and if you press 0 it sounds like slowing down from 9 but it's actually normal speed (works with every state; sounds funny). or try to press 9 again instead of 0. It won't work 'cause the state is set to 9 so it won't change even if it should change.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix desktop shortcut always being created due to missing XNA framework. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150614cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Diony

This bar is off centre. Or missing half of itself. I'm not sure. On b20150614.1. Just updated
Jetzu

Dionysaw wrote:

This bar is off centre. Or missing half of itself. I'm not sure. On b20150614.1. Just updated

Hadis

Dionysaw wrote:

and it's bigger than it's supposed to be.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix incorrect positioning of WhitePixel sprites. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150614.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
DeletedUser_4329079

Pampel wrote:

Does anyone besides us have this problem?
Shizuyi
Since i play with tablet i do not use the mouse sensivity but after you asked i tried to replicate the issue and i have the same issue!
Neqoo

Default wrote:

Pampel wrote:

I played a long time with 1.13x with my tablet :< so.. yes
makemecool123
:< Butt peppy i saw ur channel the visual triangle setting i think is beta version for next update
CX I need that setting
monotykamary

Default wrote:

Pampel wrote:

I have the exact same problem. Tested with raw input off/on and with rinput.
Only clicking changes the mouse sensitivity so far.
Pituophis
Triangles are gone :C
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Triangles were interfering with performance testing. They will likely return.
VeilStar
What I previously said.

VeilStar wrote:

I have never been able to consistently replicate this nor manage to record it, but this has been happening for a while so here it goes...

If you're in the song selection screen on borderless, sometimes when unfocusing osu! (going to a different window) and then re-focusing osu! again the song suddenly plays ALOT louder than it's supposed to for a second, and then goes back to its normal volume. If you switch to a different song it also suddenly plays alot louder for a second. It stops doing this after ~10 seconds, and I can't consistently replicate this either. I'm using 40% master , 75% music and 100% effect volume.

About the sound issue in the song selection which I quoted above...
I finally managed to record this. I still have no idea how to replicate this though. It just happens sometimes.

BanchoBot
  1. Avoid race conditions during sample playback. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150616.2cuttingedge.

Tom94
This does not address minor short-lived audio crackle happening with sliders right after turning the volume to 0 which also happens on stable. Please report if you still experience the other kinds of crackle and/or hitsounds missing.
Top Bunk
Every time I first load up the game and start a song, I get an error saying "Beatmap could not be loaded successfully" and brings me back to the main menu with whatever song was playing being stopped. Although everything works fine after I just go back in and try to load the map again.

This has actually been an issue for awhile. But I keep forgetting to post about it.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix several possible null refs on skin load. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150616.4cuttingedge.

Yomura_old_1

sliderbug in latest cutting edge
OpenGL 2.1 on a HP tx1330
Nathanael
Mod selection keys doesn't seem working (including Reset All Mods and Close button). I haven't touched the configuration.
Edit: Not only that but also the skip button.

Version: b20150617.1cuttingedge
Trosk-

Nathanael wrote:

Mod selection keys doesn't seem working (including Reset All Mods and Close button). I haven't touched the configuration.
Edit: Not only that but also the skip button.

Version: b20150617.1cuttingedge
Works fine for me... Tried on various resolutions tho.
Nathanael
Okay, then it's on my side's problem. I'll look into my problem for now.
Sharkfang
I simply cannot get into osu! after installing the latest cutting-edge build. I'm using a Macbook Pro 2009, and it says I need the .NET Framework: v4.0.30319 which I can't really install on a mac... is there any way to unistall the latest build at least? Delete some files?

Error message: http://imgur.com/8GhcB8Y

Please, somebody help. ;_;
show more