forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nabile
osu! hard crashes when you keep retrying a map with a video background.

Video

(YouTube decided it would take YEARS to process a 4 MB video. Why.)
Kogarou-
I didnt even play, just opened osu! and said hello to tom

release b20150423cuttingedge
bigfeh

Kogarou- wrote:

I didnt even play, just opened osu! and said hello to tom

release b20150423cuttingedge
Can confirm this happening randomly on IRC, PMs and channels.

ce.b20150423

Also, game minimizes upon losing focus on native screen resolution (borderless windowed mode) only and it's getting extremely annoying

@edit
seriously why would you even go the oGL way if you already had DX figured out
I see some serious tearing post-switch

@edit 2.0

@moar edit
Can confirm not happening only with nicknames
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
My problem just happened again and I'm not sure why. Each time I let cutting edge receive an update not of the beatmaps load when I try to play. The beatmap count not be loaded successfully notification displays. It fixes itself when I go back to a different build and update to cutting edge. It doesn't affect my debug build, possibly because it doesn't receive files in this way.
Wingman626
so this is the go to for posting CE build issues eh?

well, i would like to report a still on-going issue with the triangles. after a while of running, FPS drops down from greater then 130 to around 30-40 fps. on top of that, my computer gets hot. all this happens after a couple minutes of runtime. it isnt thermal throttling becuase whenever that happens, my fps drops down to about 3-5fps at couple-second intervals.

usually thermal throttling or overheating doesn't happen unless i play demanding games like crysis, battlefield, mirrors edge, ETC.; and even then, i have my laptop sitting on a cooling pad

i remember thevileone mentioned that the performance issue was fixed. but i wonder if certain GPU's still have a compatability issue.
-----

i run unlimited FPS with directx render. i dont run opengl
all the eye candy is disabled (shaders, lighting effects, you name it) so i can run osu with no FPS drops.
i use Veilstars skin on his user page.

i run a DELL INSPIRON N7110 16:9 widescreen laptop

System Specifications
  1. operating system
  • [list:1337]Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
  1. CPU
  • [list:1337]Intel Core i5 2430M @ 2.40GHz
    Sandy Bridge
  1. RAM (if its necessary)
  • [list:1337]8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz
  1. GPU
  • [list:1337]Intel HD Graphics 3000

with the stable and beta build, i can get up to 150-200fps easy while capping at a cool and stable temperature, but still; cutting edge is cutting edge =S
machol30

VeilStar wrote:

buraimaster1234 wrote:

<spectator skip button stuff>
A known issue. Not cuttingedge specific though. See t/215455
Foolish me. Why don't I use the search function on the website? ...

Anyway, I thought this was an isolated incident restricted to a certain beatmap of mine, but popup windows in the editor (both borderless and bordered) remain inactive. I guess this is a rehash of what PolkaMocha already reported.

Strangely, this was fixed for me (see my response to PolkaMocha), but then suddenly began to reoccur. I don't remember if this was just after I updated to a newer build or what.

Also, this has happened across beatmaps and computers, just something to note.
Top Bunk
Those "various exclusive fullscreen issues" seem to make osu! minimize when alt tabbed or "loses focus" as said earlier. Which is rather inconvenient and annoying now.
Dereku
BossKey isn't working properly in fullscreen.
slizzee
I also have the screen tearing issue in the latest cutting edge build. VSync, however, works fine for me but since I can't really play with that delay I will probably just go back to the stable build until the issue is fixed.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 (8 cores @3.50 GHz)

GPU: Nvidia GTX-660

Screen: Acer S242HL 60Hz (Playing fullscreen, 1920x1080)
Redon
Arnold0
I don't know what happened to cutting edge build, but now, I can't put it anymore into fullscreen mode, and that makes it not very smooth, and add a very noticeable input lag making cutting edge build not enjoyable. I'll switch to beta as it still can be put to fullscreen, but if someday this comes to stable it'll meens I'll have to stop playing because of this input lag. My FPS are not realy low, they are like 250ish (They were 300ish with DirectX fullscreen before and still are on Beta or Stable) but my cursor act strangely, like it's delayed and that makes the game almost unplayable. Also, when looking auto playing, I had the feeling that framerate was not stable and had some very short lag spikes.

If you have some idea why I'll put my system specs here :

Windows 8.1
16GB of RAM
Intel Core i7 4702MQ
Nvidia GT-750M with optimus
Full Tablet

Arnold0 wrote:

I don't know what happened to cutting edge build, but now, I can't put it anymore into fullscreen mode, and that makes it not very smooth, and add a very noticeable input lag making cutting edge build not enjoyable. I'll switch to beta as it still can be put to fullscreen, but if someday this comes to stable it'll meens I'll have to stop playing because of this input lag. My FPS are not realy low, they are like 250ish (They were 300ish with DirectX fullscreen before and still are on Beta or Stable) but my cursor act strangely, like it's delayed and that makes the game almost unplayable. Also, when looking auto playing, I had the feeling that framerate was not stable and had some very short lag spikes.

If you have some idea why I'll put my system specs here :

Windows 8.1
16GB of RAM
Intel Core i7 4702MQ
Nvidia GT-750M with optimus
You should be getting above 300fps with those specs, using only the integrated graphics. Try using only the integrated graphics of the CPU instead of the Nvidia GPU (GPU's that use optimus seem to have memory bandwidths much lower than their specifications).
Shizuyi
I have some REALLY bad tearing while playing. especially while spinnin my whole screen looks liek its cut into 3 differnet parts and glued again together... xD
V Sync is no option due to the input lag.. It WASNT like this before!
VeilStar

wingman626 wrote:

well, i would like to report a still on-going issue with the triangles. after a while of running, FPS drops down from greater then 130 to around 30-40 fps.

wingman626 wrote:

i remember thevileone mentioned that the performance issue was fixed. but i wonder if certain GPU's still have a compatability issue.
This issue should be fixed. If it still happens to you it must be a different issue.

wingman626 wrote:

i run unlimited FPS with directx render. i dont run opengl
There is no DirectX in the cuttingedge build. ???

Arnold0 wrote:

I don't know what happened to cutting edge build, but now, I can't put it anymore into fullscreen mode
This is intended, for now at least, as OpenGL doesn't properly suport fulscreen. The current borderless should act as 'real' fullscreen though. Though if you have input lag while playing it doesn't. Is it like this on both your dedicated and integrated GPU? (Just wondering.)

----

BanchoBot wrote:

Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix configuration/recovery dialog not working correctly. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150421.7cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Not fixed on b20150423cuttingedge???
bigfeh

VeilStar wrote:

Arnold0 wrote:

I don't know what happened to cutting edge build, but now, I can't put it anymore into fullscreen mode
This is intended, for now at least, as OpenGL doesn't properly suport fulscreen. The current borderless should act as 'real' fullscreen though. Though if you have input lag while playing it doesn't. Is it like this on both your dedicated and integrated GPU? (Just wondering.)
Serious question to devs (in general, especially whoever came up with this idea): why ditch DX in favor of oGL? Literally the only advantage is (better?) Linux support, but as a dev, I simply do not and more importantly cannot care about Linux
(also maybe macs but I'm not too sure on this one. Didn't peppy halt the development on the mac version?)

VeilStar wrote:

BanchoBot wrote:

Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix configuration/recovery dialog not working correctly. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150421.7cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Not fixed on b20150423cuttingedge???
Will attempt to reproduce and edit post with results
unko

bigfeh wrote:

but as a dev, I simply do not and more importantly cannot care about Linux
you're not a very good dev then, lol.
bigfeh

Microsoft Vista wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

but as a dev, I simply do not and more importantly cannot care about Linux
you're not a very good dev then, lol.
Offering support for Linux isn't worth it if the other platforms suffer from it in any way - be it an API you can no longer use or a dependence you used to have that you had to get rid of because Linux.

Let me put it this way: All linux distros, combined, somehow manage to peek a bit over 1.5% global market share. Last I checked, Windows 7 alone had over half
Top Bunk
There's really no problem in trying to support all platforms, but I don't see why OpenGL has to be forced just because of Linux if that's really the case. Can't it just be optional to choose between them? It was never really an issue to have it optional before. Granted that the old oGL wasn't that great afaik. But that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Pampel
peppy already answered why wants to use OpenGL:

peppy wrote:

cross platform support, better performance on all PCs (eventually), future proofing.
The performance increase apparently needs some more testing, which is why there'll be DirectX on stable/beta until OpenGL is at least as good as DirectX, I think.
bigfeh

SlasherZX wrote:

There's really no problem in trying to support all platforms, but I don't see why OpenGL has to be forced just because of Linux if that's really the case. Can't it just be optional to choose between them? It was never really an issue to have it optional before. Granted that the old oGL wasn't that great afaik. But that shouldn't be an issue anymore.
Thing is, it's really not that DX > oGL or anything, it's all down to the implementation

and the other thing is, osu!'s oGL implementation looks really, really bad.

As for choosing between them, there are quite a few gaping problems that arise with having different implementations for the same thing in different versions of the game. You could end up with two completely distinct games, code-wise
abcoku123
i cannot use my any skin
YellowManul
request to post this from my friend (because he can't lol), so:
"my osu! crashed while I pressed ctrl+z in the editor when I accidently placed a circle and inherited timing section. http://puu.sh/hqdbf/e8109c32f5.png and http://puu.sh/hqdgf/154fcccd22.png"
Flanster
Crash occurs everytime after Fraps is closed. Main cause is OpenTK.

Running Windows 8 Pro/Fraps 3.5.99 (latest)

Windows crash information
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: osu!.exe
Application Version: 1.3.3.7
Application Timestamp: 553b0e9f
Fault Module Name: FRAPS32.DLL_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 512c56b4
Exception Offset: 6ebf1ea0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1026
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: 1a2a
Additional Information 4: 1a2aa8e38ac8adbb6fe1e594fa623c2e
Debug information pulled
AccessViolationException was unhandled
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.SwapBuffers(IntPtr dc)
at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.SwapBuffers()
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext.SwapBuffers()
at #=qbB7axmsGD7MH$aJBFS3n8JG4D9DlyIG06gwgJKwyDD4=.#=qkXqXhXENNvvfPd1T9tLrag==()
at #=qffGv4fU91cYDyp9U3snhScIUOLqwqQZGKTdNsBBicq8=.#=q5v9K6Le1msGN66yEkFXlMQ==()
at #=qRio7xz2EyaOv$tv8xycHRQ==.#=qYeAGnBBoR4SbQiVMVswTbQ==()
at #=q9i439BqLzLKVKnJWszjqCpVeIqTEJERKE_D6RYM88W0=.#=q2J2aLctHuwy1K$L4fyhtUw==()
at #=q9i439BqLzLKVKnJWszjqCpVeIqTEJERKE_D6RYM88W0=.#=qHLWmOlq7xOMcGLlqNlwBew==(Object #=qiyZmoRVGhKzgH0TBgkDXZw==, EventArgs #=qezg1IIKwEwhQ4Kd$2$r_HQ==)
at #=qmK9RxUim$sdP_RZw1Um7ruiyzn6RJ1Cywz1Rv49hM9rZAaF8PNIWT_sG59$RXrxX.#=q28sc8wtGs7pTNVIkw_r3YQ==()
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=qoN1A0JrL_vdQxOlp02VvZnJc8q0BSSca8tVw5jJGiF4=(Object #=qwRcPw184ZDZcffZDfa4Uzg==, EventArgs #=qVPH1f6gYyiqJYIBFqHqLXA==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q4lPYQR1rNVcvus2Dx1J7n25iMeU8CIEVC45pbj8UkQ6yA6bij2BSg34cbnz3VWt4.#=quzhJfQ7kbuHKezO_p3t0Vw==()
at #=q9i439BqLzLKVKnJWszjqCpVeIqTEJERKE_D6RYM88W0=.#=qUFoJaFQjr_S_3$QnVdeElQ==()
at #=q0p0_Jg37EJkfrlCoaRR_Ag==.#=qK3Bh1CcHdQphYICgJ2_g5g==(String #=qdQ6HUQQyDQ4pjmuURU_NvQ==, Boolean #=qjNcbvVFUbtv76ujk8LKN61LUpu_6hEjF5XKAm$TwEHM=, Boolean #=q9bhcfmjGZX$q3gQSVv1thTXz$zGLM_yS004gQq_HiPQ=)
at #=q0p0_Jg37EJkfrlCoaRR_Ag==.#=qS4rjc92thvVPIfv0b5hXxA==(String[] #=qH2WHpn$pHPGXCG$kCSUJLA==)
at #=q0p0_Jg37EJkfrlCoaRR_Ag==.#=qIB5g5Rvia_ifvdZwsYhtgQ==()
at #=q0CJ2dn4ZxmI7z4X4R$mBgRAsjUWN7CodF1H3wg7KwJQ=.#=qNSiWRbt1hQ9OyomqCG2ujw==()
nhule12345
cannot load the skin
Seri
Just had slider corruption, but just for one slider. (The slider end was missing/glitchy)

EDIT: Had it again and got a better look at it, it looks like it is cut in pieces, with some of the pieces missing :O
West
SPOILER
Reloaded Osu! because I took out some followpoints, and when I reloaded it, my screen came up as this;
Problem Details: On loading Osu! my page appears jumbled or broken, not sure how to fix it, I can still click through the menus and hear music, it's just that the screen appears blank.

Not sure if it's a cutting edge related issue, or if I need to re-install, but I just wanna throw it out there.
Fixed the issue, thanks, Nabile.
Nabile

[West] wrote:

Reloaded Osu! because I took out some followpoints, and when I reloaded it, my screen came up as this;
Problem Details: On loading Osu! my page appears jumbled or broken, not sure how to fix it, I can still click through the menus and hear music, it's just that the screen appears blank.

Not sure if it's a cutting edge related issue, or if I need to re-install, but I just wanna throw it out there.
Just disable the shaders in the options next time you open the game.
They're not working at the moment.

If you have Softening Filter on, you'll need to open your configuration file and set BloomSoftening to 0.

You're welcome :)

VeilStar wrote:

(Though shift+starting osu! is currenly broken? At least for me)
Shift while osu! starts works for me.
rakosi2
Problem Details:
When turning on the "Shaders" and "Softening filter" option, Osu! turns completely black. I have restored my settings by holding shift when I start Osu! and clicking repair.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I would but the screenshot from F12 is just all black and kind of pointless to upload

Osu! version: only for 20150426.1cuttingedge, the stable works.
VeilStar

Nabile wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

(Though shift+starting osu! is currenly broken? At least for me)
Shift while osu! starts works for me.
Odd... It just re-downloads the game trough the osu!updater and then start osu! for me, instead of bringing up the recovery/repair/settings window.
cheeseandcereal
I have no idea what has an hasn't already been posted on this thread since I don't want to read 44 pages, but I'm having an issue now with every "transition". I mean, basic fades, or when I go to press f2 to get a random song, the game bugs out and displays random garbage like this:

It looks like what you would typically get with a bad video card, but I can confirm that my video card(s) are in fact working properly. It does this consistently, and will keep displaying the same garbled image as long as osu stays open and I trigger one of these "transitions", then if I restart osu, it just consistently displays some new garbage. Not sure what's going on, would be willing to try to help debug what's going on if someone wants to point me in the right direction and tell me how to go about debugging the issue properly.
smoogipoo
Restart osu! to force an update and post if it still happens (I think this is/was a problem with shaders because the resources didn't get updated correctly).
VeilStar

cheeseandcereal wrote:

<stuff>
I get this when turning on shader effects in the cuttingedge build. (Though for rakosi2 it turns black.) Anyhow, turn that setting off untill it's fixed.

Edit:

smoogipooo wrote:

Restart osu! to force an update and post if it still happens (I think this is/was a problem with shaders because the resources didn't get updated correctly).
Still getting the issue here (after updating).

Aren't shader effects just not supported by OpenGL? Because this has always been the case before.
Nabile

smoogipooo wrote:

It seems to render shader effects to the wrong render target, an uninitialized one instead of the backbuffer.
See:

Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Rotate form has unclickable buttons. Alt tab triggers tab functions when alt tabbing back into the game.
bigfeh

Nabile wrote:

smoogipooo wrote:

It seems to render shader effects to the wrong render target, an uninitialized one instead of the backbuffer.
See:

serious question, how do you even output from an unitialized "buffer" without something noticing the fuckup
Nabile

bigfeh wrote:

serious question, how do you even output from an unitialized "buffer" without something noticing the fuckup
Actually it's probably copying from the wrong render target instead of the backbuffer, instead of rendering to the wrong RT. Sorry about that.
cheeseandcereal

smoogipooo wrote:

I did this and the problem still persists
bigfeh

Nabile wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

Actually it's probably copying from the wrong render target instead of the backbuffer, instead of rendering to the wrong RT. Sorry about that.
Oh, okay. I guess this makes more sense, though I'm really sleepy right now

I'm genuinely interested in seeing the code behind the game. So disappointed this is closed source :(
smoogipoo
Update and let me know if the issue is still occurring, I've fixed up some things that could've caused this issue.
Shizuyi
The issue seems to be fixed. Had the same problem as all the othr here but now osu works fine again for me.
show more