forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kurokami

baraatje123 wrote:

So they will go away soon?
I hope. I needed to go to beta just to be able to play.
Granger
Was gonna report the triangles making issues... but oh well... someone was faster.

Great idea by the way, offical world cup? Better activate a feature that causes performance issues.
TicClick
I don't know for how long this happens, but osu! fails to load cursor texture(s?) if a map forces any skin (including default) other than active one; I mean the setting in Song Setub (Design Tab).

Screenshot: http://puu.sh/gw4DF/db6e066965.png
Examples are https://osu.ppy.sh/b/608923, https://osu.ppy.sh/b/53554, ...

Note: if a player doesn't have the required skin, everything loads fine.
Storb
Can't revert cutting-edge build to either stable or beta. Selecting either will result in an endless cycle of downloading the update, followed by restarting into the cutting-edge build only to redownload the updates and prompting another restart ad infinitum. EDIT: fixed with build b20150318.4 cuttingedge
Haganenno
Not sure if that has been pointed out already, but Cutting-Edge OpenGL build makes mouse extremely unresponsive, it overdraws and reacts slower than in DirectX. Reports/sec stays at maybe 10 less and ms is 2-3, meanwhile it's 0-1 in Stable-Beta-Cutting Edge(Not OpenGL)

I am using Raw Input, Mouse with no firmware
- Marco -

Haganenno wrote:

Not sure if that has been pointed out already, but Cutting-Edge OpenGL build makes mouse extremely unresponsive, it overdraws and reacts slower than in DirectX. Reports/sec stays at maybe 10 less and ms is 2-3, meanwhile it's 0-1 in Stable-Beta-Cutting Edge(Not OpenGL)

I am using Raw Input, Mouse with no firmware
t/295855
Reileky
I'm not sure if you are supposed to report a bug/glitch about c.e here (as what the title says)

But Ive found a glitch where, whenever you pressed F2(Random) and quickly use Shift+F2. The background glitches to the background that uses the next randomized map.
Renevant
I think i found a weird bug while spectating.
It only occurs on the cutting edge build

Basically, when spectating someone, the skip button doesnt go away if the beginning of the song has a break:
Using other skins

Kinda hard to see it, but the skin button is still there.

For some reason, i wasn't able to recreate it on the default skin.

It didn't occur 100% of the time. If there was ever a period of "buffering" during the break, it always showed up without fail.
And if the player paused, it would go away for the rest of the song.
Neqoo
If you spectate or watch replays and press 7 / 8 / 9 to speed it up and quit then, the song is still played with this speed. If you restart the song (pressing "play" in the musicplayer in the main menu or chilling in song selection), the speed is still the same. Only changing the song in the main menu or in song selection is solving this issue.
Nabile
I've just got an extremely weird file corruption. I'm not sure if it's been caused by osu! cutting-edge at all since that kind of thing is pretty rare, but I'll leave it here, just in case.

I noticed it when I booted the game and watched a replay, after having played a few hours ago.
The file's last modified and last access date themselves haven't changed.

Here's a screenshot:

The original texture:

The corrupted one:

Download

(It might not show up depending on the browser, but any image editor should be able to open it, as well as the default Windows image viewer.)
VeilStar

Nabile wrote:

<snip>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just an issue with certain old maps that have a beatmap skin?
(Even if you have beatmap skins disabled.)
Nabile

VeilStar wrote:

Nabile wrote:

<snip>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just an issue with certain old maps that have a beatmap skin?
(Even if you have beatmap skins disabled.)
No, it doesn't have skinned textures. I've first tried disabling the storyboard (this is a pretty new map by the way), then switching to the default skin.
Seeing that it had something to do with my skin, I went in edit mode to see if there were storyboard objects (there weren't any), then I selected the spinner and I noticed it was the spinning texture that had been modified.
ShiroNekomura
So here's my problem, I accidentally clicked OpenGL because of some lag issues but then when I open my osu! again the screen turned black but there's still a sound coming from it. I even tried to restart my laptop, just in case, but still nothing happened. I re-downloaded it too but it's still the same.
VeilStar

Nabile wrote:

<snip 2>
Oh allright then. My bad.

ShiroNekomura wrote:

So here's my problem, I accidentally clicked OpenGL because of some lag issues but then when I open my osu! again the screen turned black but there's still a sound coming from it. I even tried to restart my laptop, just in case, but still nothing happened. I re-downloaded it too but it's still the same.
Hold SHIFT and open osu!.exe (while holding shift) and change to DirectX again? (And if that doesn't work click the 'repair osu!' button.)
ShiroNekomura

ShiroNekomura wrote:

Hold SHIFT and open osu!.exe (while holding shift) and change to DirectX again? (And if that doesn't work click the 'repair osu!' button.)[/quote]

Alright, thank you! :)
Nabile
I've looked at bit into the Windows Event Log and I've found this particular event (event ID 245), probably around the time I closed the game and before I noticed the file corruption a few hours later:

Description translates to: The application osu!.exe locked 4 times the main surface.

Although this entry appears a few times in the event log, this is the first time a corruption occured. Perhaps this event is not the direct cause of that bug.
Mranth0ny62
I'm sure this has been posted before (I'd be surprised if it wasn't) but I've been having trouble adding multiple beatmaps at the same time for a long time now:

I would go into the download page of chrome and click on multiple beatmaps and only the first one gets added, last time I've tried opening them in the folder, it also did that
billy96
Scrolling chat with mouse wheel in result screen not working

Scrolling chat with scroll wheel when you're in the result screen scrolls result screen instead. Note that you can still scroll the chat with Page Up and Page Down button.

Try it yourself.
---
Thanks VeilStar for merging my post here, i should've post my cuttingedge problems here anyway.

One more stuff, Collections get a bit wonky after finishing a song, it only shows your first and your last collection. You can refresh it by switching to other tabs (ex. No Grouping) and the clicking the Collection tabs again.
VeilStar

billy96 wrote:

Thanks VeilStar for merging my post here, i should've post my cuttingedge problems here anyway.
No worries.
CuttingEdge specific issues should be posted here, while issues that appear on both CE & Stable are meant to have a separate thread.

About the issue itself though...
There was an issue on all builds recently where you could not scroll the chat by clicking & dragging the chat on the results screen.
It would scroll the results screen instead of the chat. The sroll-wheel worked fine though.
That has already been fixed though (it works fine now on Stable), but for some reason this appeared on CE. Not sure what happened.

billy96 wrote:

Collections get a bit wonky after finishing a song, it only shows your first and your last collection..
As for this issue; I've had a small chat with Tom94 after this post/thread. See this thread regarding this issue.
(I didn't really think about when posting but it should have technically been posted in this thread aswell. Ohwell...)

Fixed now.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Don't display not found message when the default Songs folder doesn't exist after installation. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150416ce45.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
billy96
New score isn't properly updating in-game.

i noticed someone made an exact thread about this problem, but eh, i'm on cutting edge sooo
VeilStar

billy96 wrote:

<stuff>
Servers seem to be slow at the moment. Your play is submitted though as it's on the historical tab on your profile. You'll get it eventually.
Also please keep this thread for issues that only appear in the cutting-edge thread. This is a server/network issue, not a cutting-edge build issue.
Just for your information.
kana2011th
In Ranking page. I've got dashed line in the performance graph...
here's screenshot

Rizen
b20150421.4 cutting edge

First problem I found:

slider texture disappears/misplaces when selected

mentioned in this thread

repeatable across a variety of mapsets

Second problem (may not be a problem):

in borderless mode, when i edit a map and then exit out of it without saving, the entire osu window minimises

third problem (having trouble replicating)

When the second problem happens, there is a case where the editor background turns completely black. No matter what button you press (exit, yes, no, cancel) you cannot close the editor/osu and it just minimizes. alt+f4 doesn't work and must close by ending osu.exe process. This would probably affect people who read mods on their map, apply them, and forget to save before closing resulting in a lot of map changes lost.

A replicate method for problem three would be the following:

1. Launch osu! in borderless mode
2. Open editor and open up any map
3. move any element in editor (circle/slider) on the playing field
4. alt-tab to a window which is maximized (eg. maximized google chrome, maximized windows explorer, etc.)
5. alt-tab back to osu!
6. press esc
7. problem appears

I don't know if this method is reliable, but it happens to me when I do it

edit: problem one has been solved in next update but problem two and three still persist (maybe it's just me)
b20150421.4 cutting edge
BanchoBot
  1. Fix certain cases of texture corruption. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150421.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Tom94
If anyone is still experiencing texture corruption AFTER this change, then please let us know by posting here. Hopefully texture corruption does not occur anymore. :)
Redon
peppy
The full screen issues are a known problem. You can get around it byt running windowed for now.
DMephisto
obs(Open Broadcaster Software) cannot catch anything with the latest cuttingedge version.
I've tried stable and beta, obs can catch both.
BanchoBot
  1. Attempt to fix window being sized incorrectly on some devices. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150421.5cuttingedge.

Full Tablet

DMephisto wrote:

obs(Open Broadcaster Software) cannot catch anything with the latest cuttingedge version.
I've tried stable and beta, obs can catch both.
It works for me.

Make sure you have the latest version of OBS installed, and check the Game Capture settings (select osu! in the application list, and check "Stretch image to screen" to fix the image not being the right size)
Kyubey
Shift+doubleclick on osu!.exe starts redownloading all .dll files instead of opening configuration window.
LGV894
Error while rotating things in editor!
BanchoBot
  1. Fix configuration/recovery dialog not working correctly. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150421.7cuttingedge.

Haskorion
When I want to change some beatmap settings like AR or countdown toggle, the window opens many times.
StockNine
I noticed that my frames got lower. So i checked renderer and it seems i cant find DirectX nor OpenGL. I also cannot update for some unknown reason.

Screenshot:

I also tried pinging osu.ppy.sh. No luck.

Screenshot:
Seri
Will there be an OpenGL fullscreen (not borderless window) option? Can't seem to be able to do this anymore.

@StockNine: Cuttingedge is now .net4.5/OpenGL only.
StockNine

Seri wrote:

Will there be an OpenGL fullscreen (not borderless window) option? Can't seem to be able to do this anymore.

That explains half of it. But the problem now is the fact i can't update.
Shizuyi

Seri wrote:

Wait that means i cant pick DirectX if i use the CuttingEdge? WHat about Beta and Stable?
Seri
That's right, DX is not available anymore in cuttingedge.
Beta and Stable are currently older builds and on .net 3.5 (i think), so DirectX is still an option there.

OpenGL feels more responsive than DX in the cuttingedge build though. (also a small FPS boost for me)
show more