forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Blaizer

flaming wrote:

Wouldn't this make more sense for the player to toggle this on/off, rather than the beatmap creator...?
No. Perhaps you don't understand what this option does. It's so that songs like smooooch (keysounded but with an audio track) can speed up the keysounds when played in DT/HT. Currently only fully-keysounded (no audio track) maps like Imperishable Night 2006 speed up/slow down the playback rate of hitsounds.

Oh and the keybinding reset is intentional. Keybindings have been removed from skins, and moved to the config file. You will have to rebind your mania keys once only.
flaming
Oh. I read that option as, "Play hitsounds snapped to their proper timing, regardless of whether the player actually hit the note, and regardless of the player's hit timing error." (Which would be great to have - essentially turning fully-hitsounded maps into just audio maps)
Furry
  1. Cannot tab names in IRC unless they have sent a message to make their name visible already. (only if you do not open F9 after startup) Or it will just do some weird stuff.
  2. Cannot adjust volume in song selection what-so-ever.
peppy

flaming wrote:

Oh. I read that option as, "Play hitsounds snapped to their proper timing, regardless of whether the player actually hit the note, and regardless of the player's hit timing error." (Which would be great to have - essentially turning fully-hitsounded maps into just audio maps)
This would never be added to osu!.

Furry wrote:

[*]Cannot tab names in IRC unless they have sent a message to make their name visible already.
I guarantee this isn't something new, and likely is a temporary bug due to your connection. Try restarting osu!.

Furry wrote:

[*]Cannot adjust volume in song selection what-so-ever.
Use alt.
Furry

peppy wrote:

Use alt.
Alt doesn't work after restart either. The name-tabbing is still funky too.

(Edit) Alt works for up and down arrow keys.
peppy
checked tab support on public release? beta? no? then dont' report here.
Furry

peppy wrote:

checked tab support on public release? beta? no? then dont' report here.
It's only when you don't bring down the F9 menu, it works fine if you do, but when you just pull the chat up, just F8, the tabbing is not fully functional.
quaternary
Little bug with the mania keybinding window, if you choose 9k coop in the dropdown box and then untick the co-op checkbox, you can bind keys for 18k. Same goes for any co-op mode
Blaizer

tuddster wrote:

Little bug with the mania keybinding window, if you choose 9k coop in the dropdown box and then untick the co-op checkbox, you can bind keys for 18k. Same goes for any co-op mode
That's intended. There's also a skin option to use 18k instead of 9k coop. Put "SplitStages: 0" in a [Mania] Keys: 18 section and you'll be using those bindings.
TicClick
Shortcut for changing volume level (Alt + wheel) overlaps with shortcut for changing Distance Spacing multiplier in editor (Alt + wheel).
TicClick
For maps that have storyboards, AiMod keeps telling that all sprite images are missing, although they are not. This happens for both separate SB files (.osb) and storyboards integrated into .osu code.

Examples:
  1. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/219368
  2. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/233068
  3. and many, many others
Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://puu.sh/g4Uu8/a83dc84b28.png (beta and cutting-edge)
IamBaum
I'm currently working on a mania skin, but the double playfield behaves kinda ugly for large mania-stage-left/right's

Screenshots:
• Single Playfield: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2812820
• Double Playfield:https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2812819

As u can see the right playfield is always in front of the left playfield (excluding the keys at the bottom), but the problem is that even the mania-stage-left will be shown in front of the left playfield.
Now imagine it for even larger mania-stage-left parts, u wouldn't be able to play at all.
This issue forces me to create a 2nd version of the mania-stage-left/right parts and always switch the image files in the folder, whenever i want to activate/deactivate the coop mod.
Supairo
I've got a storyboarding problem here. I was trying to make a storyboard à la Taiko no Tatsujin, when I noticed something off. I'll let the screenshots talk for me.

How it should look like (stable/beta):

How it actually looks like (cutting-edge):

See these black spaces on the upper-left and upper-right sides of the cutting-edge screen ? They are missing pictures, seen in the beta screen. When the picture reaches a certain point, it simply disappears on the left side or appears on the right side. The storyboard is made to be in 16:9, and there is no difference when using 4:3 as the screen is cut before the appearing/disappearing point.
I've tried moving an object on another map, like it's background, same thing, it dissapears after reaching a certain point.

Also, by the way, when pressing the up and down keys in the editor, instead of changing the playback rate, it sends me to the next / previous timing point. Is it intentional ? I don't remember seeing something like this in the changelog. Also, when there are two timing points at the same time, I can't go back to the previous one.

Versions: Stable: b20150203.7
Beta: b20150212.6beta
Cutting-Edge: b20150223.1cuttingedge
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Use ctrl arrows to change playback rate.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix Taiko fail/pass sliding images disappearing early. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150224.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Supairo

BanchoBot wrote:

1. Fix Taiko fail/pass sliding images disappearing early. (smoogipooo)
Erm... No, wrong issue. The correct one would be:
  1. Fix moving images disappearing early when reaching a certain point.
It didn't only affected the Taiko slider of my map, but also moving images from other maps.
/me checks changelog on website and sees Storyboard*
Oh. But like I said, it affected every image on a widescreen storyboard. Anyway, this issue is fixed now. Thanks!

Of course, if I post, it's because of another issue. Nothing too big, but that I noticed. Again, picture.

Can anyone even play like that!?:

First, I think I don't have enough skills to play like that.
Second, notice the lights from the keys ? The first one is fine, but the second one is too big. The first time you're pressing the button it fits, but when releasing it, it goes big like in the picture and stays on this size for the rest of the map. It only happens when using 800x600 and 1024x768, aka the standard resolutions (4:3). Using widescreen (16:9, starting from 1024x600) is fine.

Version: b20150224.2cuttingedge
smoogipoo
Well I had that text in my mind also, but I don't deal with storyboard stuff so I didn't know if that was descriptive enough and called it as what it basically represents in-game. You know what's fixed, shush! :p
BanchoBot
  1. Fix column lights incorrectly scaling. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150224.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Flanster
Heres an interesting bug I found. Open a youtube video fullscreen, press escape to exit full screen, click osu! in the taskbar, osu! has performed an Esc button press.

Will not happen if you Win/Alt + Tab though.
Mismagius

TicClick wrote:

Shortcut for changing volume level (Alt + wheel) overlaps with shortcut for changing Distance Spacing multiplier in editor (Alt + wheel).
Confirming.
Cartographer

Blue Dragon wrote:

TicClick wrote:

Confirming.
Confirming x2, please fix this.
peppy
Where specifically are you trying to change the distance snap?
Cartographer

peppy wrote:

Where specifically are you trying to change the distance snap?
Just in the normal Osu! std editor.

those
In the editor I'm unable to change the Playfield Background colour at all. Once I press OK to save, it reverts back to that default colour without indicating any changes.
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
This behavior is in stable. This feature has no purpose anymore.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix draw order of Co-op mania-stage-left/right. (Blaizer)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150228.4cuttingedge.

IamBaum
Hey there, there has been a new bug with mania.
The LN endings have been flipped by 180°, while the beginning behaves normally.

I've seen this for several people now, and it's no big deal for skins like mine, but it's confusing for skins like this:
Bara-

TicClick wrote:

For maps that have storyboards, AiMod keeps telling that all sprite images are missing, although they are not. This happens for both separate SB files (.osb) and storyboards integrated into .osu code.

Examples:
  1. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/219368
  2. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/233068
  3. and many, many others
Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://puu.sh/g4Uu8/a83dc84b28.png (beta and cutting-edge)
Confirming this, as I also reported it
BanchoBot
  1. Fix note tails being flipped incorrectly. (Blaizer)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150228.5cuttingedge.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix regression causing AiMod showing incorrect missing file warnings. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150301cuttingedge.

Arras
The triangle transitions don't use the full menu background for picking a color, while on the main menu they do. It seems to cut off the left and right edges or something?
My menu background:

What it looks like on the main menu:

What it looks like during a transition:

Note the complete absence of any blue triangles during the transition. This always happens, so it's not just there not being no blue triangles in the screenshot by chance.

Also, the transition colors don't get updated when the active skin changes.
Bara-
OMG
Did triangles returned
AWESOME
*hype hype*

/me runs
-makoto yuki
i don't know it's bug or supporter feature but why the menu-snow isn't working
Arnold0
Since triangles returned tooday, after a while playing my FPS become lower and lower until they start to inpact my game play. When they were first introduced I had the same issue, which stopped when they were removed. However as they returned now, the issue is back.
Here is two screenshoot of when I was streaming on osufrlive channel tooday, first is at the very first map, you can see FPS are at something like 290ish, and the second at the end of the stream 1 hour and a half later, FPS are 120ish. Later I played for a longer time, and when I closed the game fps where as low as 70ish FPS. Before triangles returned, I could play for as long as I wanted and FPS were always 300-270ish.

If you zoom on the images you can see the FPS counter, if you don't want to the 1st says 293FPS, the second 118FPS.

For comparaison, a screen of another end of stream yesterday when triangles were not back. You can see it's more than 2 yours after the start of the video, FPS were still 280ish
flaming
Triangles don't obey parallax settings (I have menu parallax disabled but triangles still parallax)
Rori Vidi Veni
tgyhjgreghwerhgfhbd
Marcin
Triangles were enabled just for time of TWC, peppy is aware of all issues with it.
Bara-

Marcin wrote:

Triangles were enabled just for time of TWC, peppy is aware of all issues with it.
So they will go away soon?
Kurokami

baraatje123 wrote:

So they will go away soon?
I hope. I needed to go to beta just to be able to play.
Granger
Was gonna report the triangles making issues... but oh well... someone was faster.

Great idea by the way, offical world cup? Better activate a feature that causes performance issues.
show more