forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mranth0ny62

wendao wrote:

Mranth0ny62 wrote:

I have the same issue on windows 8

you can install them by creating a folder in the songs folder and unzipping the .osz file in that new folder (the folder needs to have the same name as the the .osz file)
but it didn't appear before I update `-`
same, I doubt it's because the download is incomplete too, I think it's just because the game can't read them / has trouble reading them
peppy
Please don't use shitty work-arounds. Switch back to stable rather than doing this.
Mranth0ny62

peppy wrote:

Please don't use shitty work-arounds. Switch back to stable rather than doing this.
I think that's what I'll do and I'll try again sometimes around next week to see if it gets fixed
Halogen-

Gumpyyy wrote:

Game goes black when you try to change resolution forcing a restart for it to change.
Oh, so it really is as brief as this. I was about to report this, but a little differently:

An interesting display resolution issue for cutting-edge, at least for me.

If osu! is in windowed mode, and you maximize the window, the game will expand to the size of your window. On stable builds, after the game has resized to the display, it will appropriately update the display resolution in the options menu, and you are free to change it back to whatever you want in the event that you do not want it to fill your screen.

However, in cutting-edge builds, if you maximize the window in this way, the game will report the resolution as your previous windowed resolution, and not the size of the display you have. I've tested this on both of my displays, a 1280x1024 external monitor and a 1366x768 standard laptop display. I play the game at 800x600, windowed. The problem is actually a bit more severe than just improper reporting of the resolution though: if you try to change the resolution after maximizing the window, the game will hang.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix weirdness when maximising game to borderless. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150208.6cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
encryptik

wendao wrote:

osu! can't access new osz?

tried to repair folder permissions, no change
tried to restart osu!, no change too
Getting the same issue here, began in the last few days. Osu!direct downloads are working fine, but no beatmap file can be opened manually.
(Windows 7)
peppy
You can fix this by renaming your osu! folder and then running osu!. You can rename it back afterwards.

Alternatively run osu! with the -setassociations argument
arcwinolivirus
I know that we should avoid cutting-edge version when it comes to editor stuffs but... I might as well post mini problems like these: (This is the first time I will post for cutting-edge so I am not sure... please do not bite me and sorry in advance >.<)

• Editor's AiMod detects false missing .png files for SB
SPOILER
Sorry for my OS theme ;; (low-spec computer)

Map link: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213087
A mania mode map.

In stable version, only 1 .png is detected missing and it seems the file is not really missing and even appearing at design tab.

• Editor's "Open Song Folder" is not working.
I have 2 versions of osu installed, stable and cutting-edge, for BN's stuffs and it seems the open song folder is not working for cutting-edge's editor :?

Using windows 7 by the way. That's all and thank you :3
BanchoBot
  1. Fix Open Song Folder not working. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150208.7cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Full Tablet
In osu!mania, hitsounds play incorrectly when using the alternative key to hit the special column (the one set with Key100 in skin.ini).

Using the regular key for the special column: http://a.pomf.se/iivner.mp4

Using the alternative key: http://a.pomf.se/yozdym.mp4

Edit: Also, in 10k, Key100 hits the 3rd column, is that supposed to happen?
BanchoBot
  1. Fix alternate special key rapidly firing. (Blaizer)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150209cuttingedge.

BanchoBot
  1. Fix Sprite Library filenames parsing incorrectly. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150210.2cuttingedge.

DMephisto
Cannot use esc button to exit charts
Dispel
The new Cutting Edge update is glitched, it says I'm running an old version and can't sign in to my account. I'll switch back to Beta until it is fixed.
peppy
Good plan.
TicClick
just got a crash on launch
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #Lg.#Ng.#EI(Nullable`1 , Nullable`1 , Nullable`1 , Boolean , Boolean )
at #Lg.#Ng.Initialize()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

holding Shift doesn';t help
smoogipoo
Oops... Fixed.
- Marco -
I noticed one thing... if you use co-op 1k you have two colums but only one key can be used

flaming
"Add a beatmap option for fully-hitsounded maps to make samples match the playback rate of the song." - Where is this option located? I can't find it in the main options menu, or the pause menu while playing a map.

edit: also, all my osumania binds just got reset...
- Marco -

flaming wrote:

"Add a beatmap option for fully-hitsounded maps to make samples match the playback rate of the song." - Where is this option located? I can't find it in the main options menu, or the pause menu while playing a map.
What? that looks like a feature request o.o
Blaizer

marcostudios wrote:

I noticed one thing... if you use co-op 1k you have two colums but only one key can be used
I know it's a bit confusing right now, but 1K coop is actually using the Co-op Layout for 2K. The default binding would be Space+Right Alt.

flaming wrote:

It's a beatmap option for beatmap authors. It's at the bottom here: http://puu.sh/g2a9k/de9d3ba7fb.png
flaming

marcostudios wrote:

flaming wrote:

What? that looks like a feature request o.o
It's in the changelog. https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog?v=next

Blaizer wrote:

flaming wrote:

It's a beatmap option for beatmap authors. It's at the bottom here: http://puu.sh/g2a9k/de9d3ba7fb.png
Wouldn't this make more sense for the player to toggle this on/off, rather than the beatmap creator...?
Blaizer

flaming wrote:

Wouldn't this make more sense for the player to toggle this on/off, rather than the beatmap creator...?
No. Perhaps you don't understand what this option does. It's so that songs like smooooch (keysounded but with an audio track) can speed up the keysounds when played in DT/HT. Currently only fully-keysounded (no audio track) maps like Imperishable Night 2006 speed up/slow down the playback rate of hitsounds.

Oh and the keybinding reset is intentional. Keybindings have been removed from skins, and moved to the config file. You will have to rebind your mania keys once only.
flaming
Oh. I read that option as, "Play hitsounds snapped to their proper timing, regardless of whether the player actually hit the note, and regardless of the player's hit timing error." (Which would be great to have - essentially turning fully-hitsounded maps into just audio maps)
Furry
  1. Cannot tab names in IRC unless they have sent a message to make their name visible already. (only if you do not open F9 after startup) Or it will just do some weird stuff.
  2. Cannot adjust volume in song selection what-so-ever.
peppy

flaming wrote:

Oh. I read that option as, "Play hitsounds snapped to their proper timing, regardless of whether the player actually hit the note, and regardless of the player's hit timing error." (Which would be great to have - essentially turning fully-hitsounded maps into just audio maps)
This would never be added to osu!.

Furry wrote:

[*]Cannot tab names in IRC unless they have sent a message to make their name visible already.
I guarantee this isn't something new, and likely is a temporary bug due to your connection. Try restarting osu!.

Furry wrote:

[*]Cannot adjust volume in song selection what-so-ever.
Use alt.
Furry

peppy wrote:

Use alt.
Alt doesn't work after restart either. The name-tabbing is still funky too.

(Edit) Alt works for up and down arrow keys.
peppy
checked tab support on public release? beta? no? then dont' report here.
Furry

peppy wrote:

checked tab support on public release? beta? no? then dont' report here.
It's only when you don't bring down the F9 menu, it works fine if you do, but when you just pull the chat up, just F8, the tabbing is not fully functional.
quaternary
Little bug with the mania keybinding window, if you choose 9k coop in the dropdown box and then untick the co-op checkbox, you can bind keys for 18k. Same goes for any co-op mode
Blaizer

tuddster wrote:

Little bug with the mania keybinding window, if you choose 9k coop in the dropdown box and then untick the co-op checkbox, you can bind keys for 18k. Same goes for any co-op mode
That's intended. There's also a skin option to use 18k instead of 9k coop. Put "SplitStages: 0" in a [Mania] Keys: 18 section and you'll be using those bindings.
TicClick
Shortcut for changing volume level (Alt + wheel) overlaps with shortcut for changing Distance Spacing multiplier in editor (Alt + wheel).
TicClick
For maps that have storyboards, AiMod keeps telling that all sprite images are missing, although they are not. This happens for both separate SB files (.osb) and storyboards integrated into .osu code.

Examples:
  1. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/219368
  2. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/233068
  3. and many, many others
Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://puu.sh/g4Uu8/a83dc84b28.png (beta and cutting-edge)
IamBaum
I'm currently working on a mania skin, but the double playfield behaves kinda ugly for large mania-stage-left/right's

Screenshots:
• Single Playfield: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2812820
• Double Playfield:https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2812819

As u can see the right playfield is always in front of the left playfield (excluding the keys at the bottom), but the problem is that even the mania-stage-left will be shown in front of the left playfield.
Now imagine it for even larger mania-stage-left parts, u wouldn't be able to play at all.
This issue forces me to create a 2nd version of the mania-stage-left/right parts and always switch the image files in the folder, whenever i want to activate/deactivate the coop mod.
Supairo
I've got a storyboarding problem here. I was trying to make a storyboard à la Taiko no Tatsujin, when I noticed something off. I'll let the screenshots talk for me.

How it should look like (stable/beta):

How it actually looks like (cutting-edge):

See these black spaces on the upper-left and upper-right sides of the cutting-edge screen ? They are missing pictures, seen in the beta screen. When the picture reaches a certain point, it simply disappears on the left side or appears on the right side. The storyboard is made to be in 16:9, and there is no difference when using 4:3 as the screen is cut before the appearing/disappearing point.
I've tried moving an object on another map, like it's background, same thing, it dissapears after reaching a certain point.

Also, by the way, when pressing the up and down keys in the editor, instead of changing the playback rate, it sends me to the next / previous timing point. Is it intentional ? I don't remember seeing something like this in the changelog. Also, when there are two timing points at the same time, I can't go back to the previous one.

Versions: Stable: b20150203.7
Beta: b20150212.6beta
Cutting-Edge: b20150223.1cuttingedge
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Use ctrl arrows to change playback rate.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix Taiko fail/pass sliding images disappearing early. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150224.1cuttingedge.

Supairo

BanchoBot wrote:

1. Fix Taiko fail/pass sliding images disappearing early. (smoogipooo)
Erm... No, wrong issue. The correct one would be:
  1. Fix moving images disappearing early when reaching a certain point.
It didn't only affected the Taiko slider of my map, but also moving images from other maps.
/me checks changelog on website and sees Storyboard*
Oh. But like I said, it affected every image on a widescreen storyboard. Anyway, this issue is fixed now. Thanks!

Of course, if I post, it's because of another issue. Nothing too big, but that I noticed. Again, picture.

Can anyone even play like that!?:

First, I think I don't have enough skills to play like that.
Second, notice the lights from the keys ? The first one is fine, but the second one is too big. The first time you're pressing the button it fits, but when releasing it, it goes big like in the picture and stays on this size for the rest of the map. It only happens when using 800x600 and 1024x768, aka the standard resolutions (4:3). Using widescreen (16:9, starting from 1024x600) is fine.

Version: b20150224.2cuttingedge
smoogipoo
Well I had that text in my mind also, but I don't deal with storyboard stuff so I didn't know if that was descriptive enough and called it as what it basically represents in-game. You know what's fixed, shush! :p
BanchoBot
  1. Fix column lights incorrectly scaling. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150224.2cuttingedge.

show more