forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
KatouMegumi
Just no comment...
peppy
Did you update? If so, you may have to delete osu!.db and let it regenerate.
Espionage724
What's up with the .NET 4.5/OpenGL Experimental build? Or I guess a better question is; is it usable?

I can't seem to update to it from Cutting Edge; in-game gives an error trying to download, and trying to update outside of the game says there's an internet connection issue.
KatouMegumi

peppy wrote:

Did you update? If so, you may have to delete osu!.db and let it regenerate.
It helped, thank you, peppy-san
peppy

Espionage724 wrote:

What's up with the .NET 4.5/OpenGL Experimental build? Or I guess a better question is; is it usable?

I can't seem to update to it from Cutting Edge; in-game gives an error trying to download, and trying to update outside of the game says there's an internet connection issue.
It's not ready just yet.
YaLTeR
Are ce45 issues to be reported here?
Either way, going into a beatmap, then back to menu and into the beatmap again breaks the score table rendering:
peppy
Oh good, someone who experiences texture corruption. I'm looking for people like you to help in some more serious testing efforts. But I will make a new thread for ce45.
Lanturn
Unable to open the song folder through File -> Open Song Folder in the editor.

Changing resolutions will cause the screen to black out permanently until you restart the game, the size doesn't change until you restart as well. tested both 1920x1080 borderless / 1366x768

Tested on Cutting-Edge Experimental, These work on Stable. | Windows 7 / DirectX & OpenGL
peppy
Are you posting in the right thread? These sound like issues specific to the new ce45 stream.
Lanturn
I used Cutting-edge (experimental) version, not the Cutting-edge (opengl/.net) one. So I think this is the correct spot to post.
DeletedUser_1290088
[deleted]
drum drum

Invictus Tiberius wrote:

See details on this post (sorry for posting out of this thread):
t/296259
This isn't for ce45
Lamaredia
The Special Key on Osu! Mania is seemingly broken. It doesn't seem to affect only the spacebar, but it affects all keys bound to the middle key in 1k,3k,5k,7k and 9k mode. It blinks as you hit the button, but it plays no hitsound and it is always a miss.
flaming
"New recovery dialog design and features (hold shift while starting osu!)." - Holding shift on startup just leads me to the "Oh no! osu! crashed" window.

Lamaredia wrote:

The Special Key on Osu! Mania is seemingly broken. It doesn't seem to affect only the spacebar, but it affects all keys bound to the middle key in 1k,3k,5k,7k and 9k mode. It blinks as you hit the button, but it plays no hitsound and it is always a miss.
Happening with me as well - I have it bound to R-Alt, it lights up when I keypress, but it's always a miss ingame...
ChaosThief
I can confirm the middle key issue as well. I swapped down to beta and it works fine, but not in cutting edge.
Arras

Lamaredia wrote:

Not just the middle key - if you have 8k set up so that the first or last key is the special key (7k+1 mode), that won't work either.
peppy

flaming wrote:

"New recovery dialog design and features (hold shift while starting osu!)." - Holding shift on startup just leads me to the "Oh no! osu! crashed" window.
what's the crash text? if you click on the crash dialog it should reveal the full error which you can copy here.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix special key not working. (smoogipooo)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150207.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
RundownPaper4
Played a few beatmaps (under 'Ranking' I had 'Local Ranking') selected and my scores were submitted, but when I played this beatmap (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/62323) (with 'Local Ranking' selected still before I started playing) my scores weren't submitted. All my scores were seen under 'Local Ranking' but when I selected 'Global Ranking' it said 'No personal record set', even though I was online and I had scores.

But when I went into the game with 'Global Ranking' left on it submitted my score(s), albeit not the best one from previous attempts
peppy
This will happen if the map is not in a known "ranked" state locally. If you downloaded it while it was pending and only play in local ranking, you will not set online scores.
ReallyFastCat
Since the latest update, whenever I drag an mp3 into osu! to make a new beatmap, the map won't have any audio because the folder will only have the .osu file, not the mp3. This happens with every song and it works fine on stable.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix creating new beatmaps by dragging music files into the osu! window not copying the music files correctly. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150208.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
wendao
osu! can't access new osz?

tried to repair folder permissions, no change
tried to restart osu!, no change too
peppy
How do you make that error appear?
AmaSIngh

Tom94 wrote:

AmaSIngh wrote:

Hey
I use tablet PC and never had any issues with osu!, but since two days or so, I have been exeriencing that i can't spin the spinners and can't follow the sliders completely. I don't know if it's because of the lastest version, but I do have the lastest one now. it's like the screen can't follow my fingers, when I hold them down on the screen. I have checked my computer and it doesn't have any problems when i am not in osu!.

please help i really like osu! and want to play it.
Try activating the "OS tabletPC support" option. This on the latest version should fix your issues. If it's already enabled try disabling it.
Thanks diabling it fixed it :)
wendao

peppy wrote:

How do you make that error appear?
dunno

downloaded new beatmap, open, and voila
Mranth0ny62

wendao wrote:

I have the same issue on windows 8

you can install them by creating a folder in the songs folder and unzipping the .osz file in that new folder (the folder needs to have the same name as the the .osz file)
wendao

Mranth0ny62 wrote:

wendao wrote:

you can install them by creating a folder in the songs folder and unzipping the .osz file in that new folder (the folder needs to have the same name as the the .osz file)
but it didn't appear before I update `-`
flaming

peppy wrote:

flaming wrote:

what's the crash text? if you click on the crash dialog it should reveal the full error which you can copy here.
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '1' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at #1j.#0j.#P9b(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedItem(Object value)
at #1j.#0j.#sM()
at #1j.#0j..ctor()
at #Lg.#Ng..ctor(String )
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )
BanchoBot
  1. Fix possible hard crash when displaying configuration dialog. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150208.5ce45.

Gumpy
Game goes black when you try to change resolution forcing a restart for it to change.
dws123

Gumpyyy wrote:

Game goes black when you try to change resolution forcing a restart for it to change.
Goes for the toggling from full screen to windowed and vice versa as well
Mranth0ny62

wendao wrote:

Mranth0ny62 wrote:

but it didn't appear before I update `-`
same, I doubt it's because the download is incomplete too, I think it's just because the game can't read them / has trouble reading them
peppy
Please don't use shitty work-arounds. Switch back to stable rather than doing this.
Mranth0ny62

peppy wrote:

Please don't use shitty work-arounds. Switch back to stable rather than doing this.
I think that's what I'll do and I'll try again sometimes around next week to see if it gets fixed
Halogen-

Gumpyyy wrote:

Oh, so it really is as brief as this. I was about to report this, but a little differently:

An interesting display resolution issue for cutting-edge, at least for me.

If osu! is in windowed mode, and you maximize the window, the game will expand to the size of your window. On stable builds, after the game has resized to the display, it will appropriately update the display resolution in the options menu, and you are free to change it back to whatever you want in the event that you do not want it to fill your screen.

However, in cutting-edge builds, if you maximize the window in this way, the game will report the resolution as your previous windowed resolution, and not the size of the display you have. I've tested this on both of my displays, a 1280x1024 external monitor and a 1366x768 standard laptop display. I play the game at 800x600, windowed. The problem is actually a bit more severe than just improper reporting of the resolution though: if you try to change the resolution after maximizing the window, the game will hang.
BanchoBot
  1. Fix weirdness when maximising game to borderless. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150208.6cuttingedge.

encryptik

wendao wrote:

Getting the same issue here, began in the last few days. Osu!direct downloads are working fine, but no beatmap file can be opened manually.
(Windows 7)
peppy
You can fix this by renaming your osu! folder and then running osu!. You can rename it back afterwards.

Alternatively run osu! with the -setassociations argument
arcwinolivirus
I know that we should avoid cutting-edge version when it comes to editor stuffs but... I might as well post mini problems like these: (This is the first time I will post for cutting-edge so I am not sure... please do not bite me and sorry in advance >.<)

• Editor's AiMod detects false missing .png files for SB
SPOILER
Sorry for my OS theme ;; (low-spec computer)

Map link: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/213087
A mania mode map.

In stable version, only 1 .png is detected missing and it seems the file is not really missing and even appearing at design tab.

• Editor's "Open Song Folder" is not working.
I have 2 versions of osu installed, stable and cutting-edge, for BN's stuffs and it seems the open song folder is not working for cutting-edge's editor :?

Using windows 7 by the way. That's all and thank you :3
show more