forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
those
In the editor, "Rotate by" window usually can't be focused. Dragging slider works, but you cannot focus on text box, nor can you easily press either dialog button.
Prophecy

marcostudios wrote:

Prophecy wrote:

Wrong Display on counting of "Dash" "Left" "Right"

Fix it Please ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
This thread is for cutting-edge only bugs

It is cutting edge and It is not AutoPlay
It is my play "Watching Prophecy "
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by Tom94:

Fix raw input mouse clamping being unnecessarily enforced when raw input is not controlling the cursor, causing issues with editor menus.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150108.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
those
Resolved for me, can finally submit map
Sway
Since I updated my client the Rank shown during breaks are way off

heres a screenshot of it

you can see it cut off in the top right corner
- Marco -

Swaayy wrote:

Since I updated my client the Rank shown during breaks are way off

heres a screenshot of it

you can see it cut off in the top right corner
Yup, i was going to post this :')
- Marco -

TheVileOne wrote:

1. osu! crashes after finishing a map
Looks resolved to me

those wrote:

Resolved for me, can finally submit map
Kogarou-
Lately I have also been having the ranking bug, and time pie too.

Pie bug happens while loading a map.

I think it's not needed a thread just for this, since other people already complained.

b20150108.4cuttingedge
Arnold0
The ranking Letter durring breaks is misplaced at least in MP

Look at top of the score at the 6 you can see a peice of the S rank
(Also since tooday my game feals choopy but dunno if it's just something on my computer or the game itself)
Nabile
I'm surprised nobody reported input bugs that started since yesterday's input changes.

The cursor can go out of bounds, and the movements are really laggy. Toggling raw input, changing resolutions, switching window mode or switching to the desktop and back in the game seems to fix it though.
There's also the main menu background position that gets screwed up when switching to the desktop using parallax (shown in the first video at 1:00).

I couldn't replicate the cursor lag in the first video, and the second video doesn't really show the *extreme* lagginess I experienced previously.
Note that I'm doing precise movements and it moves by itself in random directions until I toggled raw input.
Said bug only occurs in fullscreen mode, and for some reason it won't let me record it, OBS probably prevents it from happening.

Lag might not be the correct word to describe it, it's more like stuttering (because of data loss).
Startrick
UndeadBananaz
Not sure if this has already been mentioned about the editor, but inherited timing points reset the timing signature to 4/4 instead of keeping it from the red timing point.
Muv Acid
i dont know if this was reported before but i get this random cursor trail pieces all over my screen ._.

no those are not cursor smoke, i verified, cursor pieces they are.
IA42
Eh not sure it's important but i can't see first notification when the new volume overlay show
AdventTechno

Muv Acid wrote:

i dont know if this was reported before but i get this random cursor trail pieces all over my screen ._.

Have you tested the same setup in Stable to confirm it's a Cutting Edge Specific bug (This is a Cutting Edge specific page)? If it happens in Cutting Edge only, Maybe try a different cursor trail to test if it always happens on any trail on Cutting Edge... You can do this by making a new skin folder and just adding a custom Cursor Trail to see if it can be replicated on a mostly default skin. If it's not just limited to Cutting Edge, check to see if this bug is already reported in the OSU! forums... If it's not make a fourm on it and show examples on how to make this happen so it can get fixed :3
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by peppy:

Show volume controls below notifications.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150108.5cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by smoogipooo:

Fix ranking letter position.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150108.6cuttingedge.

Nabile

Nabile wrote:

Said bug only occurs in fullscreen mode, and for some reason it won't let me record it, OBS probably prevents it from happening.

Lag might not be the correct word to describe it, it's more like stuttering (because of data loss).
Hmm. It does come from these weird framerate drops that I'm getting everywhere in the game.
And recording the game effectively gets rid of the problem since it puts pressure on the game to not drop a single frame.
Tom94

Nabile wrote:

I'm surprised nobody reported input bugs that started since yesterday's input changes.

The cursor can go out of bounds, and the movements are really laggy. Toggling raw input, changing resolutions, switching window mode or switching to the desktop and back in the game seems to fix it though.
There's also the main menu background position that gets screwed up when switching to the desktop using parallax (shown in the first video at 1:00).

I couldn't replicate the cursor lag in the first video, and the second video doesn't really show the *extreme* lagginess I experienced previously.
Note that I'm doing precise movements and it moves by itself in random directions until I toggled raw input.

I'm aware of the issue in the 2nd video you posted. It seems to sometimes happen with raw input (restarting my PC fixes it) and I couldn't find any way to circumvent it from osu!'s end after a long time of looking for something. It also happens on stable and was always present when using raw input.

Can you give me more precise instructions on how to replicate your first video? I can't replicate it and need to know all of your input settings if possible.
Tom94

Muv Acid wrote:

Can you please let me know which input devices you are using, which are connected to your computer and whether you have raw input enabled or not?
Muv Acid

Tom94 wrote:

Muv Acid wrote:

Can you please let me know which input devices you are using, which are connected to your computer and whether you have raw input enabled or not?
I'm using a pen tablet, no raw input.
i was able to re create it the following way:
Drag the cursor while opening chat (f9)
http://puu.sh/ehdfd/342da22627.flv
sorry for the laggy video, my potatoe isnt the best at recording video footage :C
i tried to re create this on stable version of osu and it didnt create the lines
after i was recoring i cought a big one http://puu.sh/ehdvL/d0494bbe2a.png
Tom94

Muv Acid wrote:

sorry for the laggy video, my potatoe isnt the best at recording video footage :C
i tried to re create this on stable version of osu and it didnt create the lines
Thanks. Letting me know it happens with F9 toggling and low framerate helped me find and fix the issue. The fix will soon be on cutting edge.
Muv Acid

Tom94 wrote:

Muv Acid wrote:

Thanks. Letting me know it happens with F9 toggling and low framerate helped me find and fix the issue. The fix will soon be on cutting edge.
np, waiting for the fix ^^
iMP3RiU5
Short thing: The progress-meter is moved to the right a little bit

No big thing, but it's very ugly ^^
Muv Acid
here i go again.
The new volume adjustment things are overlapping the playerfield.
what i want to say is:
I adjusted the master volume while i was at a break in a beatmap, so the break ends, the volume wheels are still up and i cant click the circles that are beneath the volume wheels. i hope you know what i want to say ._.
LukerMaster

Muv Acid wrote:

here i go again.
what i want to say is:
I adjusted the master volume while i was at a break in a beatmap, so the break ends, the volume wheels are still up and i cant click the circles that are beneath the volume wheels. i hope you know what i want to say ._.
^ same here.

Imo it would be better if there will be 3 TINY volume bars on the bottom.
If wheels will be applied to stable version this would be the most annoying thing that peppy ever done.

For example: My mouse WMO 1.1a has a defect. From time to time it move scroll up or down a bit. It wouldn't be a problem if there was a tiny volume bars, but with circles it can sometimes destroy my score because my screen is covered by 3 HUGE LIKE CS0+EZ^2 CIRCLES
>:(

I'm AR11 player and I haven't time to check where the circle was, when Volume appears. It's really annoying.
drum drum

LukerMaster wrote:

Muv Acid wrote:

here i go again.
what i want to say is:
^ same here.

If wheels will be applied to stable version this would be the most annoying thing that peppy ever done.

For example: My mouse WMO 1.1a has a defect. From time to time it move scroll up or down a bit. It wouldn't be a problem if there was a tiny volume bars, but with circles it can sometimes destroy my score because my screen is covered by 3 HUGE LIKE CS0+EZ^2 CIRCLES

I'm AR11 player and I haven't time to check where the circle was, when Volume appears. It's really annoying.
calm down it's only just been released. if you can't tank it switch to stable
ThePooN
When changing osu! resolution, the volume adjustment circles are out.

https://img.cartooncraft.fr/OwUi/fef481

If you change back to the original resolution you launched osu! with, it will come back normal. Restart works too.
Garygoh884
I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour or otherwise. While playing CtB the hitbursts should have an additive blending but not for normal blending, as shown in the screenshot below. In previous versions, additive blending was always used for lighting effects.

IA42
I can't see chat ticker when the volume control show :c
Eh.... i'm not sure if this is intended or not but i can't see the chat ticker when the volume control show
Bauxe

LukerMaster wrote:

Muv Acid wrote:

here i go again.
what i want to say is:
^ same here.

Topic Starter
TheVileOne
Is there a reason why the two smaller controls have such a delay when appearing?

Also you cursor can not appear when you hover over it in gamemodes where it disappears.

Also you put it in a very distracting part and it just feels awkward to hover over the circle you want to change. You can't make the volume setter appear to change volumes other than master without changing master itself. The hotkey for effect no longer works and I'm not sure if there is a hotkey for music.

The sprite is too tall, making the hover area for it massive or maybe it doesn't scale to the resolution. It takes up 1/3rd of my screen at 800 x 600.

I'm not sure why you can't activate volume with just scrolling when paused when you can do it during intro times.
- Marco -
There wasn't An hotkey for music :(
BanchoBot

Fix cursor trail staying on the screen forever in rare circumstances.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150109.1.

BanchoBot

Attempt to fix various issues with non-raw mouse input sensitivity changes.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150109.1.

Flanster
When starting osu!, even if the window isnt focused, the cursor's position is still being set. Not sure if intended behaviour though.
BanchoBot

Attempt to fix mouse sensitivity issues with raw input disabled in full screen mode.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150113cuttingedge.

BanchoBot

Never move the windows cursor while the osu! window is not active.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150113cuttingedge.

BanchoBot
This issue(s) has been addressed by the following change by peppy:
  1. Fix volume controls appearing in the wrong location after changing resolution.
  2. Make volume control hide faster and more contextually.
  3. Don't adjust universal volume when volume controls are first displayed.
  4. Allow adjustment of volume levels at the pause screen (mouse wheel only).
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150113.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
asher
Getting that update break again, oh, and now I can't connect to bancho cause I can't update cause update break. wheeeeee

show more