forum

[Archived] Issues with Latest Cutting-edge Build (Post Here)

posted
Total Posts
show more
kouzuki_karen
Issue: cutting-edge version breaks export beatmap function.

In the cutting edge version, if a beatmap is exported then someone attempts to open it, it will cause the import to fail and be moved to the "Failed" category. Example map: this.

However, the same beatmap was exported in the stable version and was able to be imported (this).

CE version: b20150103.10
[BAR] Rei
I used to hate triangles. Now that they've been removed, I miss them. I took them for granted and didn't appreciate them the way i should have. Please come back quickly, trianglypooes, I miss you.
- Marco -

[BAR] Rei wrote:

I used to hate triangles. Now that they've been removed, I miss them. I took them for granted and didn't appreciate them the way i should have. Please come back quickly, trianglypooes, I miss you.
i know that feeling ç__ç

They're a WIP and will be back soon
IA42
Stars not showing when using 1k,2k,3k,9k & 10k
Bara-
Confirm, but I think it needs to get calculated first
Also for 1K, isn't that a little too hard?
Mad Machine Single Tap (and only getting 660000 as maximum score)
- Marco -
Also why osu! can't save some buttons in 10k?

(i tried to save as:A,S,D,F,G,H,J,K,L,ò)

OMGasm
Long audio device names don't render properly
- Marco -

OMGasm wrote:

Long audio device names don't render properly
Yup :C
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by peppy:

Fix text overflow rendering on dropdown items.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150105.11cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
OMGasm

If it's meant to cut off, then I suppose that's not a problem, but there also seems to be an overlap with the dropdown arrow, which I'm not sure if it was there before...
Friendan
This is barely a problem, but recently, if I hit esc right when I fail a song, this happens
EDIT: Never mind, it's a problem with my skin. A part of my osu! folder got corrupted, including the .exe
Topic Starter
TheVileOne
There is a problem with subfolders extracting at the moment. If this might cause an inconvenience to you I would advise you to switch to stable until it is resolved in cutting edge.
Steffie

TheVileOne wrote:

There is a problem with subfolders extracting at the moment. If this might cause an inconvenience to you I would advise you to switch to stable until it is resolved in cutting edge.
Yes, if i even could open the game to change to that.
drum drum

Stefive wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

drum drum wrote:

Open (literally) osu!.cfg and turn "_ReleaseStream" from CuttingEdge to "Stable" while osu! is not running
Steffie

drum drum wrote:

Open (literally) osu!.cfg and turn "_ReleaseStream" from CuttingEdge to "Stable" while osu! is not running
I knew it was somewhere..
I was looking in the other one.. Aka: osu!.Stefive

Thanks for the help, really appreciated :)
Prophecy

Wrong Display on counting of "Dash" "Left" "Right"

Fix it Please ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
- Marco -

Prophecy wrote:

Fix it Please ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
This thread is for cutting-edge only bugs
Flanster
1. Audio Switching
I discovered a bug when switching the audio output from my monitor to headphones

- osu! starts playing the current song
- Client stays at a "Stopped" state, seekbar is not moving and seeking doen't work, song keeps going normally
- osu!cookie is vibrating slightly, and kiai fountains occur
- Pressing F2 to play STOPS the song, pressing it again makes it play as normal

It does not happen when switching back from headphones to monitor though. nvm happened just now.
I guess it happens on device switch in general.

2. Editor window focus
Another problem I just ran into, dragged an mp3 and opened the editor, the Song Setup dialog keeps losing focus to the main window, making it impossible to click controls. Overall its impossible to interact with Timing or Song setup windows as they keep losing focus constantly for some reason.
pielak213
­
Tom94

LoliFlan wrote:

2. Editor window focus
Another problem I just ran into, dragged an mp3 and opened the editor, the Song Setup dialog keeps losing focus to the main window, making it impossible to click controls. Overall its impossible to interact with Timing or Song setup windows as they keep losing focus constantly for some reason.
One of my recent changes that's not in cutting edge yet appears to have this among its intended thing to fix - so that's gonna work again soon. :)
KaHLK
Whenever I reach or try to enter the Ranking Screen to see my own or another persons score, osu! crashes and I'm met by the following error:
SPOILER
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin must be called successfully before a Draw can be called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Draw(Texture2D texture, Vector2 position, Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at #jj.#ij.Draw()
at #jj.#qp.Draw()
at #Ch.#Nm.Draw()
at #dl.#cl.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.Draw()
at #Lg.#Ng.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

I'm running version: b20150107.2cuttingedge
iCakeMan

KaHLK wrote:

Whenever I reach or try to enter the Ranking Screen to see my own or another persons score, osu! crashes and I'm met by the following error:
SPOILER
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin must be called successfully before a Draw can be called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Draw(Texture2D texture, Vector2 position, Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at #jj.#ij.Draw()
at #jj.#qp.Draw()
at #Ch.#Nm.Draw()
at #dl.#cl.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.Draw()
at #Lg.#Ng.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()

I have the same problem after finishing any beatmap.
SPOILER
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Draw(Texture2D texture, Vector2 position, Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
bei #jj.#ij.Draw()
bei #jj.#qp.Draw()
bei #Ch.#Nm.Draw()
bei #dl.#cl.Draw()
bei #tb.#zb.Draw()
bei #Lg.#Ng.Draw()
bei #tb.#zb.#8s()
bei #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
bei #tb.#Db.#Dt()
bei #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
bei #tb.#Tb.Run()
bei #tb.#zb.Run()
bei #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )
- Marco -

iCakeMan wrote:

KaHLK wrote:

SPOILER
at #jj.#ij.Draw()
at #jj.#qp.Draw()
at #Ch.#Nm.Draw()
at #dl.#cl.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.Draw()
at #Lg.#Ng.Draw()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()

I have the same problem after finishing any beatmap.
SPOILER
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)
bei Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Draw(Texture2D texture, Vector2 position, Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
bei #jj.#ij.Draw()
bei #jj.#qp.Draw()
bei #Ch.#Nm.Draw()
bei #dl.#cl.Draw()
bei #tb.#zb.Draw()
bei #Lg.#Ng.Draw()
bei #tb.#zb.#8s()
bei #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
bei #tb.#Db.#Dt()
bei #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
bei #tb.#Tb.Run()
bei #tb.#zb.Run()
bei #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )
Yup, me too ;w;

in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.InternalDraw(Texture2D texture, Vector4& destination, Boolean scaleDestination, Nullable`1& sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2& origin, SpriteEffects effects, Single depth)
in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Draw(Texture2D texture, Vector2 position, Nullable`1 sourceRectangle, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
in #jj.#ij.Draw()
in #jj.#qp.Draw()
in #Ch.#Nm.Draw()
in #dl.#cl.Draw()
in #tb.#zb.Draw()
in #Lg.#Ng.Draw()
in #tb.#zb.#8s()
in #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
in #tb.#Db.#Dt()
in #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
in #tb.#Tb.Run()
in #tb.#zb.Run()
in #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )
Mazziv
my osu crashes sometimes after finishing a song :c its pretty annoying
drum drum
Anyone about to post about crashing after finishing a map, please don't
those
In the editor, "Rotate by" window usually can't be focused. Dragging slider works, but you cannot focus on text box, nor can you easily press either dialog button.
Prophecy

marcostudios wrote:

Prophecy wrote:

Fix it Please ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
This thread is for cutting-edge only bugs

It is cutting edge and It is not AutoPlay
It is my play "Watching Prophecy "
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by Tom94:

Fix raw input mouse clamping being unnecessarily enforced when raw input is not controlling the cursor, causing issues with editor menus.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20150108.3cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
those
Resolved for me, can finally submit map
Sway
Since I updated my client the Rank shown during breaks are way off

heres a screenshot of it

you can see it cut off in the top right corner
- Marco -

Swaayy wrote:

Since I updated my client the Rank shown during breaks are way off

heres a screenshot of it

you can see it cut off in the top right corner
Yup, i was going to post this :')
- Marco -

TheVileOne wrote:

1. osu! crashes after finishing a map
Looks resolved to me

those wrote:

Resolved for me, can finally submit map
Kogarou-
Lately I have also been having the ranking bug, and time pie too.

Pie bug happens while loading a map.

I think it's not needed a thread just for this, since other people already complained.

b20150108.4cuttingedge
Arnold0
The ranking Letter durring breaks is misplaced at least in MP

Look at top of the score at the 6 you can see a peice of the S rank
(Also since tooday my game feals choopy but dunno if it's just something on my computer or the game itself)
Nabile
I'm surprised nobody reported input bugs that started since yesterday's input changes.

The cursor can go out of bounds, and the movements are really laggy. Toggling raw input, changing resolutions, switching window mode or switching to the desktop and back in the game seems to fix it though.
There's also the main menu background position that gets screwed up when switching to the desktop using parallax (shown in the first video at 1:00).

I couldn't replicate the cursor lag in the first video, and the second video doesn't really show the *extreme* lagginess I experienced previously.
Note that I'm doing precise movements and it moves by itself in random directions until I toggled raw input.
Said bug only occurs in fullscreen mode, and for some reason it won't let me record it, OBS probably prevents it from happening.

Lag might not be the correct word to describe it, it's more like stuttering (because of data loss).
Startrick
UndeadBananaz
Not sure if this has already been mentioned about the editor, but inherited timing points reset the timing signature to 4/4 instead of keeping it from the red timing point.
Muv Acid
i dont know if this was reported before but i get this random cursor trail pieces all over my screen ._.

no those are not cursor smoke, i verified, cursor pieces they are.
IA42
Eh not sure it's important but i can't see first notification when the new volume overlay show
AdventTechno

Muv Acid wrote:

i dont know if this was reported before but i get this random cursor trail pieces all over my screen ._.

no those are not cursor smoke, i verified, cursor pieces they are.
Have you tested the same setup in Stable to confirm it's a Cutting Edge Specific bug (This is a Cutting Edge specific page)? If it happens in Cutting Edge only, Maybe try a different cursor trail to test if it always happens on any trail on Cutting Edge... You can do this by making a new skin folder and just adding a custom Cursor Trail to see if it can be replicated on a mostly default skin. If it's not just limited to Cutting Edge, check to see if this bug is already reported in the OSU! forums... If it's not make a fourm on it and show examples on how to make this happen so it can get fixed :3
show more